Decision fatigue

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by Edison Turtle, Feb 9, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Edison Turtle

Edison Turtle New member

Local Time:
    2:18 AM
    I'm into the idea of chastity, mostly the idea of having to serve my wife, pleasing her, and just being horny, ready at her service. We have tried using locks but not had too much success with it yet. However, I can keep the chastity without it, at least when we tried it so far, which was max 4 weeks.

My wife is rather vanilla, although she definitely enjoys some mild bondage or similar play, and generally goes along some of my ideas, or even suggests activities herself.

Now, when I suggest that I just "want to be there for her" and "do what she feels like", she is not very thrilled. She feels like this means that it makes her responsible for my well-being and any bedroom activities. She wants me to be happy and that I get what I want, almost in the same way that I want to serve her.
    You could say the two of us are very similar in that respect - well in many things really.

Besides that she says that it means that she has to plan and decide on what we should do, and that she really doesn't have the energy for that since she is already doing a lot of leading and decision making in her job, and hence really doesn't want to have to do any more of that in private.
    Instead, she often prefers it if I just ask for what I want to do.

I therefore totally understand her reluctance to take the lead while at the same time I think I'm not supposed to prescribe my ideas (topping from the bottom?) and it's also not really what I'm after but it seems the only way to take the burden off her.

Do you have any suggestions or ideas what I could do, except probably to just take it very slow, and not put any pressure on her.

John likes this.
  2. Caged-beast8

Caged-beast8 New member

Local Time:
    9:18 AM
    I recommend you putting a game together with chance playing a role. If she doesn't have the drive to invent a game or task make a wheel and she spins it to decide. My KH is the same so we have a series of decision making games.

Edison Turtle likes this.
  3. jc7655

jc7655 Active member

Local Time:
    7:18 AM
    Some of the online chastity apps can help as well, the app can decide but if your wife is the keyholder in the app she can also release you early or delay the release if it fits her mood. Chaster.app is the one that I have used recently as chastikey shut down. It can reduce the requirements that she has to decide but also gives her control as well if she so choses

4. LockedTower

LockedTower Long term member

Corporate Stooge
    Minnesota, USA
    Local Time:
    To get past this hurdle, try to focus your energy on her as the priority. Think about what she might want or need and do it for her without hesitation. Don't expect anything in return, just focus on meeting her needs as your top priority. Listen very closely to what she says and act on any hint or opportunity to make her life easier. When all her needs are met and the only thing she has left to think about is how much you deserve a special treat and how she can reward you... then you will start getting everything you have always wanted.

5. Edison Turtle

Edison Turtle New member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the answers! We did a couple of games where I wrote down some outcomes/actions heavily skewed towards her coming and me staying frustrated. It was sometimes fun but she often doesn't think it's fun if I'm not coming. I guess she likes me coming when I'm thinking I shouldn't yet.

The app looks interesting but I guess it's more about the length of being locked up rather than games and action but I should probably try it!

And then the suggestion to really focus on here and support her as much as possible without any expectations is what I've been trying to do. It's not always easy because I don't always know what she would want but also she often doesn't want me to do too much so that she doesn't feel bad. I then tell her that it's fine because it turns me on, and that seems to satisfy her. I'll keep trying that and see how it goes...

6. Plotthund

Plotthund Member

Local Time:
    10:18 AM
    on the google play store there is an "obedience" app which one person is the sub the other is the Dom, you can create tasks, rewards, punishments and have a point system. It also has a chat feature. My wife and I are currently using it for all our personal chats. Whoever the Dom is pretty much has admin rights in the app where the sub has limited rights.

John and Edison Turtle like this.
  7. IB-Chaste

IB-Chaste Chastity Superman.

Local Time:
    3:18 PM
    Everyone is different and I don’t know your wife, but have you thought about the language you are using?
    Obviously, you’ll want to change it up so it’s more natural to you. Some suggestions:

‘Even doing chores for you knowing you are keeping me denied is sexually gratifying. Please ask more of me’

‘not being allowed to orgasm makes even your softest touches and glances satisfying’

‘your denial makes me feel special’

‘I can see you’ve had a long day, what can I do to satisfy you/what could make it better for you’

‘I’d feel selfish asking anything of you tonight, you deserve something for you’

‘Giving you pleasure is far more satisfying than my own’

‘I only want to receive pleasure when you feel I’ve earned it’

Definitely, change the wording but the theme is simple. You feel satisfied by being denied. Pleasing her pleases you. Make sides she knows that by doing this she is giving you exactly what you want. Honestly, only say it if you mean it as if she runs with it it could escalate beyond what you expect.

Games will help. My wife still enjoys spinning the wheel, at times she’ll ask what I want in there to give me a chance to earn what I’m craving at that time.
    Your wife would only have to spend an hour or so (just once) putting a list of things she’d like you to help with and you can live knowing that your focussing your energy towards her outside of the bedroom.

8. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
    I'd suggest you try to find out what helps her feel good, without any sex games.

IB-Chaste likes this.
  9. Edison Turtle

Edison Turtle New member

Local Time:
    I like that, great suggestions! I will try to apply them.

Hehe, what a thrilling thought. Well, she has played along for a few days this week and suddenly leaving the dishes to me while requesting a massage as well, so that's certainly a start. I think she likes if I'm being helpful but less if I'm being horny, so I have to refrain from showing her that side.

John and IB-Chaste like this.
  10. Miss Bella

Miss Bella The Head Balls Coach

Head Balls Coach Buster'o'Bollocks TranSARS COV420
    Local Time:
    sounds like two submissives trying to play the inevitable game of 'hot potato' but in this case the 'hot potato' are your cage keys and she doesn't want to be in charge.

For goodness sake, some (lots) of women want nothing to do with managing cock access--- they just don't. So at least have that in your mind as a potential outcome from all of this-- and that's okay. Your head is in the right place, you want to please your woman and to better yourself with self-discipline.

All of the above suggestions are pretty good-- but just remember, let things happen. The moment you start making it more about you and not her is when she will tune talk of it out further...I can promise you one thing-- she hasn't spent a single moment thinking about locking your cock away because it's a foreign concept to a woman uninitiated. So, if its something you want-- just smother her with all the kindness from every angle and hope for the best haha

11. Edison Turtle

Edison Turtle New member

Local Time:
    Hm, you might indeed be right. So we are doomed . I guess we'll see, and I'll definitely pursue what you suggested anyway.

JaySaysYes likes this.
  12. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
  13. Miss Bella

Miss Bella The Head Balls Coach

Head Balls Coach Buster'o'Bollocks TranSARS COV420
    Local Time:
    Hehe while I may or may not be right-- it's what you do with that perspective that can help. So, just make it ALL about her, and then when she asks what she can do in return , slip in the wink,wink,nod,nod towards her holding your key. give her some really quality reading material *IF* she wants to consider it, like.... what was posted a week or so ago in the FLR subforum may be a good place to start (and is likely good reading for you too if you haven't seen it already):
    https://www.chastitymansion.com/for...-chastity-perkins-writings.49711/#post-587839

14. Edison Turtle

Edison Turtle New member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the link. And I agree, for me it's mostly about the chastity and not the cage, at least not yet. (Sorry if I wasn't clear above calling it a lock instead of cage.)

Yes thanks! I saw that and plan on showing her the next time we talk about it and she is in a horny mood.

15. MsPamela

MsPamela Long term member

US
    Local Time:
    When we were first getting started it was very difficult for me not to let hubby have an orgasm. I felt tremendous guilt, especially if I got to have an orgasm. In fact, the more he did for me, the more guilt I felt. I loved him and wanted to make him happy... and isn't an orgasm the ultimate way to make your man happy? That probably sounds absurd right now on this site because we all know differently. But that's exactly what I was thinking all those years ago. Breaking that wasn't as easy as hubby just saying "I want you to make me wait". Seven words can't undo years of "conditioning" about what it means to be a good wife, etc. It takes time. One thing that helped is that hubby was very good about positive reinforcement - always thanking me every time I made him wait. If I only made him wait one day and he wanted a week, he didn't complain that it wasn't a week. He thanked me for the one day and told me how much he had enjoyed it.

"Decision Fatigue" definitely sounds like another factor. I've been there. In theory, some games or rules could help. But it can also backfire. Maybe this is particular to hubby and the fact that he sometimes overcomplicates things, but the few times he tried to introduce rules they really hit me the wrong way. If I was too mentally exhausted to make a simple decision then I was also too mentally exhausted to learn some game or remember some rules or whatever. I didn't want to keep track of anything or roll dice and consult a chart. Maybe the right game could work, but resist the temptation to make it complicated (and also your wife may draw the "complicated" line in a very different place than you do).

bondinchas and Edison Turtle like this.
  16. Edison Turtle

Edison Turtle New member

Local Time:
    I really like that suggestion and I'll try to do that. Thanks!

17. LockedTower

LockedTower Long term member

Corporate Stooge
    Minnesota, USA
    Local Time:
    Re-read this statement and then try to tell everyone it's all about her again. Just because you want to make her come doesn't mean it's about her! You are the one who wants to make her come and you also want her to make you sexually frustrated, This is all about you and your desires.

18. littleguy3

littleguy3 Adoring husband

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    I understand her decision fatigue. I realized early on that I can't ask her what I can do for her today very often. Only on the days she has an extremely busy schedule is that appropriate. I need to be more proactive in doing things for her unasked. And then I have to figure out which things she likes based on her reactions.

I also need to figure out her love language. If hers is not Acts of Service, then it might take on the form of Words of Affirmation, Time Together / Doing things together, Gifts, etc.

It's okay to attune yourself to getting pleasure from giving her pleasure. We can't get inside her head / body and feel what she's feeling. So learning to pick up on her cues and taking satisfaction in her joy and pleasure is how we can learn to be unselfish. Then it becomes a win-win for both of us.

19. Edison Turtle

Edison Turtle New member

Local Time:
    I appreciate the candor and challenge, and you're probably right. However, when making up such rules I would make assumptions based on what I know having been together for many years, and also talk the rules/outcomes through with her. We would both make sure what we want is in there.

Or to say it differently, I told her what I would like to do (stay frustrated) while she preferred to come and we coded it into the game, so she didn't have to be in charge but the dice would be.

I liked that experience but it's not quite the same as having it her way which I ultimately preferred. Therefore, I've since then taken the approach where I'm trying to be much more passive and just engage when she feels like it, or tells me to, and just trying to be nice and understanding the rest of the time.

Yes, that makes sense!

20. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    Do all those things for her.
    But don't ask her every time, that puts pressure on her to think about it, make decisions, take responsibility.
    Just DO THEM and pleasantly surprise her. She'll tell you quick enough if you're doing the wrong thing. You'll actually make a bigger impact that way too, if she knows exactly what you're going to do all the time, and having to decide whether that's what she wants you to do that's rather tedious; But if she comes home to discover you've cleaned the windows, prepared a meal, done the laundry, that's very pleasing.

Can you see the difference?

And yes, "take it very slow" is exactly the way to go.
    You've likely been developing this desire for a lot longer than she's had time to think about it. She needs time to process, understand and accept what you're doing. The less pressure and more pleasant the experience for her, the more likely she is to embrace it.

littleguy3 and Edison Turtle like this.
  21. Caged for life

Caged for life Long term member

Sheetmetal mechanic
    USA
    Local Time:
    You definitely want to let her go at her own pace, don't use pressure on her or most likely she will shut down

22. John

John Member

Local Time:
    4:18 PM
    Simply start to pamper her and do the chores at home. Then she see the advantages and free up time to actually lock you up. The less she has to worry about the more times she has for other things like locking you up. Give her gifts, massages etc

23. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    I agree!

Caged for life likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice