Cage induced erectile dysfuntion? (2nd post)

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by Neu(t)rOnion Star, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Neu(t)rOnion Star

Neu(t)rOnion Star Active member

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    2:07 AM
  2. Neu(t)rOnion Star

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    #52 Neu(t)rOnion Star, Jan 29, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2024
    @Lakeman @Gigs1256 @JaySaysYes @Jessica Alexander @WWSUB @saruman @Xileh @tomf_22033 @M@rcellus @Sub2misgoddess, @Arm II, @King Hippo @LesterBallard @Caged for life

IMPORTANT UPDATE: It’s now a year since the incident with the chastity cage and that I posted about this, I have some very important news to share, because after many examinations and talking back and forth with my urologist the main cause of my physicial complaints seems to be found and I believe this information can be of value to anyone starting with chastity.

So first to keep you up to speed, since november getting a full erection merely by sexual thougths has become a lot easier, since then I've actually been trying my best to prevent it as much as possible though because I noticed a pattern that whenever I had a full erection my penis had sensations ranging from irritation to pain for at least a week (even though the erection itself isn't that painfull). My urologist advised me not to masturbate for at least 6 weeks to give it some rest, back in february, march and April that was easy because my libido was at an all time low (probably because of the psychological effect this chastity cage induced erectile dysfunction had on me) but since november I've been horny on a regular basis. It's kinda ironic that my kink with chastity caused me to be advised to stop masturbating. xD

Anyway, now comes the important part: along with the aforementioned advice my urologist also planned in a ‘voiding test’ for the end of december (literal translation for ‘mictietest’ in Dutch, not sure which would be the correct English term for the specific examination I had, maybe ‘urodynamic testing’ but some of what I’m reading about that on the internet seems a bit different) where they measured the urine flowpatterns in which my bladder was emptying itself and how much remained in the bladder after that along with an echo for the prostate; in the former examination where normally we would see a smoothly declining urineflow we saw a flow that was very irregular (if that’s the right word) and even after urinating for more than 10 minutes (I came prepared, lol) lots of urine remained in the bladder; in the latter examination (using the echo on the prostate) the urologists didn’t notice anything wrong with the prostate (albeit a bit flat but that could be normal when you’re young) but she did notice – and here it comes, the main source of all my physical complaints I described on this forum for the past year – very tightened pelvic floor muscles (which she expected considering the complaints I described and the results of the bladder voiding test), this could be caused by stress and just overall bad habits with urination and defecation .

Now even years before trying out that chastity cage once I sometimes had moments that urinating felt a bit weird as in after urinating normally some urine remained in the bladder that could only be pushed out by some cycles of consecutively tightening and loosening my (what I now know to be called) pelvic floor muscles, I also sometimes (especially during winters) felt my penis glans sticking out (foreskin didn’t cover it properly) and it was pretty sensitive while rubbing against the inside of my (under)pants, which was pretty annoying and caused me to want to search for a place and a moment where and when nobody was looking to try to ‘adjust’ it so it would sit more comfortably; but back then I wasn’t really that concerned about it because the symptoms were still pretty mild and didn’t occur that often so I never consulted a doctor and when I had all the physical complaints after wearing the chastity cage I talked about I didn’t make the connection until by the end of october (when it became colder) I noticed that on top of that the issues I had starting years before wearing the cage were also worse and more frequent than normally for that time of the year.

Now it could be that wearing the chastity cage has amplified it but it seems that a tightened pelvic floor really has been the root cause of my problems all along, it’s most likely the reason that wearing the chastity cage for just 20 hours has caused so many problems in the first place, the pressure on the penis from nocturnal (unfinished) erections combined with tight pelvic floor is basically asking for problems.

You could say it’s a blessing in disguise that I tried out the chastity cage because otherwise it might never have gotten so bad to where I would want to adress it and consult a doctor for many years to come. Since a few weeks (referred to by my urologist) I’m going to a pelvic floor fysiotherapist in the hope to aleviate the tension in the pelvic floor muscles enough to get rid of the complaints, this might take up to a year but I’m still optimistic as I seem to be on the right path.

So for anyone wanting to try chastity, my advice from experience: make sure your pelvic floor muscles aren’t too tight before trying it out.

3. Chloe420

Chloe420 Active member

Local Time:
    8:07 PM
    That's pretty good news then, especially if treatment is successful.

Can you share some of the exercises and treatments they give you for the overly tight pelvic floor? I've had some similar problems to what you describe, including difficulty fully emptying bladder in a short time (spending up to a couple mins focusing on relaxing), which has been proven NOT due to any prostate abnormalities. In fact, I even had a cystoscope (camera up the urethra, which was awful recovery), and it found everything was good. Normally, they'd expect to find a misshapen bladder floor, but mine was good. So doc figured it is neurological or psychological. I've also had issues with other things in the same biological area, and also ED and PE that developed suddenly. And it all came at a time of great stress, and then an increase in weight lifting.

Neu(t)rOnion Star likes this.
  4. Neu(t)rOnion Star

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    #54 Neu(t)rOnion Star, Jan 29, 2024
    I've only just started with pelvic floor physiotherapy, but for now regarding exercises/treatments I do at home it's sitting on a heat jug (filled with hot but not too hot water) which relaxes the pelvic floor muscles, a protocol on how to shit and pee the right way and basically just purposefully tightening the pelvic floor muscles a bit and then relax them. When your pelvic floor muscles are under as much tension as mine are then after you let your brain give a signal to relax them it doesn't instantly relax, it takes time. In other words: tightening your muscles is easier and happens faster than relaxing them again (the idea is that relaxing them becomes easier the more you do it).

Anyway, I would advice consulting a pelvic floor physiotherapist as well so you could figure out what exercises are most appropriate for you.

5. sissymaid_honeydew

sissymaid_honeydew Active member

part time, self-employed; otherwise busy
    virginia
    Local Time:
    i'm no doctor but i think this is supposed to happen. it did to me at first (a while back) and it took about a week to get back to normal erectile behavior after 3 months or so of lockup.

6. Neu(t)rOnion Star

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    Yeah but I didn't wear it for 3 months but only 20 hours, and the 'abnormal erectile behaviour' along with all the pain and irritation didn't go back to normal after a week but have lasted for a year and counting.

7. Neu(t)rOnion Star

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    And yes, you're right, the mind is a powerful thing, the reason why I couldn't get erect at all the first few months after trying the chastity cage must have been at least partly psychological.

8. Chloe420

Chloe420 Active member

Local Time:
    Yeah, the bathroom practices is definitely an issue for me too. The way you describe the quick tightening and then the slow, difficulty to relax again... that's exactly what I think is happening to me. When I urinate, it takes me several minutes... an initial fairly quick (but slightly restricted) flow to get 90%, then another couple minutes of careful relaxation to get the rest (in bursts). Pooping is similar... I had recently thought it was something known as "dyssynergystic pushing", where the act of pushing simultaneously activates pelvic floor tightening which creates a restriction... and then the person pushes harder to overcome the restriction, which tightens the pelvic floor creating more restriction. This, in turn, further over-strengthens the pelvic floor, making it more and more difficult to relax.

I was supposed to see a doc about it, but then they just stopped contact so now I have to start over through my GP, referral, etc.

9. Neu(t)rOnion Star

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    Yup, exactly the same issues that I've had for years and that I'm trying to remedy by going to pelvic floor physical therapy now. Did you by any chance also experience this from time to time:

?

10. Chloe420

Chloe420 Active member

Local Time:
    I'm circumcised, so no, never had anything like that

11. Neu(t)rOnion Star

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    Wait...can circumcision prevent a pressure sensitive glans?

12. Chloe420

Chloe420 Active member

Local Time:
    Circumcision means the glans is always exposed, so there is no variance in degree of sensitivity. If I wear something that causes discomfort due to sensitivity, it would always be an issue and I just would not wear it. Since it is all I've ever known my entire life, there is no variance in sensitivity.

In case you're wondering, it doesn't mean it isn't sensitive at all. I wouldn't want to go commando, for example, because I'm not used to it rubbing against something with as much friction as jeans/denim - that would bee too sensitive. I imagine if I forced myself I'd get used to it after a few days, just as I'm used to it with my soft underwear, but I'm not inclined to do that.

I imagine it would be the same for someone that lived uncircumcised for their life and then had a circumcision later on... it would be insanely sensitive and uncomfortable for a few days, but then they'd adapt and a new baseline would be created.

13. Neu(t)rOnion Star

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    #63 Neu(t)rOnion Star, Jan 29, 2024
    Hmm ok, that makes a lot of sense as I would be deviating from the baseline (the glans covered with foreskin) everytime the glans sticks out never getting used to it. Anyway, I'm not really sure then if tightened pelvic floor muscles make the glans more sensitive to touch but it definitely seems to cause the glans to stick out more making it rub against the (under)pants which makes walking and definitely running quite uncomfortable.

14. M@rcellus

M@rcellus Long term member

Local Time:
    1:07 AM
    I'm considering it. My foreskin which is large, rubs on my jeans. I have to tape it. My mistress is unmoved, she does not care about discomfort as long as I can't cum

15. Neu(t)rOnion Star

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    Seems like a different problem (the foreskin that rubs rather than the glans), they say tape fixes everything, not sure if that's the case here though, lol.

16. M@rcellus

M@rcellus Long term member

Local Time:
    1:07 AM
    It's the foreskin rubblng against my jeans. You wouldn't know, you've never done time in the cage.

17. Neu(t)rOnion Star

The Netherlands
    Local Time:
    Oh wait...you mean with the cage on, now that you mention it I think that actually something similar happened that night I was wearing the cage (I might have mentioned it somewhere in the beginning) where PART of the glans AND foreskin stuck out of the cage at the front side making it become really sensitive and rubbing against something even hurt a couple of times....so I tried to push it back in only for it to sneak out later again (foreskin even became thicker for like a day or 2 after wearing it), now that I think about it, it's weird that they designed the front side that way.

Anyway it's probably not the exact same thing as you had because it would be enough to make me say the safeword to my keyholder (some level of discomfort is fine and normal of course, but within reasonable limits).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice