Being a Domme, on the bottom.

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by MommaK, Jun 8, 2015.

Random Thread
  1. MommaK

MommaK Member

Local Time:
    5:20 PM
    I have posted on here before about problems with my sub, when things have come to a head and I have no idea what to do anymore. Since then I somewhat have disappeared and occasionally will lurk around for some ideas. I know this is bad forum tactics and I plan on making future contributions. Just a simple run down of our situation, I go to school full time, I have taken summer semester off pending job offers I may be done with school all together- so there is actually a lot of stress on my end concerning interviews and testing and such. I also work two part time jobs, in addition to being in the reserves and full time housewife and mom of two little boys. My sub/husband works a full time job, and also a fairly physical 2nd job. We are generally very busy and tired. The last time I was on here I expressed my feelings of loss of control of my sub. It is still a very difficult struggle. Since then he as twice succumbed to his fantasies, and claimed that he is ready to truly submit to me. Both times within less then a week he reverts back to his old ways. This last time he hurt his back, he is notorious for being a total asshole when he is in pain. When I was helping him out and babying him, he was still a huge jerk, and I'm supposed to be his Domme! Then when I went to talk to him about it I was told " Don't you have to go to sleep?" and "Right now is not a good time"... In my mind I was screaming at the top of my lungs in frustration at him, but I know pressing any further would make the situation worse, and there could be no physical punishment because of his back.

My sub is totally defiant. He will manipulate the situation to how he wants it, and apologize later, if at all. When I call him out on anything he denies it, like being a jerk, or not acting as my sub should. When he goes too far with joking around, I tell him to stop and I hear such things as "I guess I won't joke at all anymore then" or " I guess I just won't say anything". Believe it or not, my sub is almost 40, and not an angsty teenager.

He is locked up 24/7, in a MM device. When the device is removed, if he does not put it on that night, he will give me excuse after excuse of why he didn't put it on until halfway through the next day or two days later.(Remember we are really busy, so a lot of these conversations are via text messaging). It dosent matter what I say or how I say it, he will ALWAYS have reason on why he didn't do it at a certain time, and he will fight it in a way so he is ALWAYS right.

When he's had a few more drinks then normal and he's horny he will tell me I am not being strict enough. When I'm punishing him then I'm being too strict or " not fair". I am constantly struggling to find his happy medium, because when ever I straight up ask him, I always hear that it's up to me and what I want. Obviously what I want is out the damn window because I have yet to see what I want. I know more vanilla husbands treat their wives with more respect and submission then my apparent "sub" treats me.

Before I have tried to cut out his drinking, or mellow it out, in hopes I could gain control and get things as far as sub/domme figured out. I was told that I was "trying to change him" in which he slept in the camper and I decided not to fight it. - This particular situation happened quite awhile ago, and he has yet to act out in such a way since but I feel it is a strong representation of his personality and stubbornness.

The second to last time he was "ready to truly submit" he told me I could do anything, he knew he needed to change, and he said he even feared losing me if he doesn't actually change his ways and how he treats me.
    He has claims stubbornness as the main reason why he fights against being a sub. I'm not sure what I believe anymore.
    As I said he is locked up, I hold the only key at all times. I tend to give in to allowing him to release from time to time, he has been locked up a max of 8 weeks, and I never really saw much improvement of behavior. I have used a strap on, on him and he enjoys the feeling of being a sub in that sense, so I actually haven't done it in a long time because I refuse to give in to his wants when he won't be a sub in daily life. I have thought over cuckolding him, he says we should try. I actually fear his reaction when push comes to shove in that situation though. I wonder if it may make him behave better knowing someone else is getting to enjoy me. As a sub he is constantly claiming that he didn't know something was expected of him, and telling me what I need to do. In fact I wonder if he is the one that is passive aggressively the domme, and I am the sub and all the other stuff is just for face value.
    Also I would like everyone to know, in the beginning of our marriage before all of this- I was pregnant and sick with our first child, he was only home for a few days before he had to return to work out of town. During that time he had lied to me, and took an ex(purely physical) lover of his out to lunch and drinks for her birthday. I found out months later, he lied about all the details, until I actually talked to her. Nothing physically apparently happened but I will never truly know. After that he looked into things and wanted me to be a domme, and he wanted to be a sub. He claims he still wants that. He says he still wants to treat me better. So all in all I can't understand how you can want that but your own stubbornness get in the way?

I am open to ALL ideas, physical punishment, mental, breaking him down, anything. In fact at this point I may even be open to walking away from it all. I would love to hear both sides, other dommes experiences, what it took other subs to actually give in and their personal struggles.

loyalhack likes this.
  2. subdomain

subdomain Active member

Local Time:
    7:20 PM
    Run away if you can, he sounds horrible.

3. Mistress B

Mistress B Mistress B

Business Owner
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    12:20 AM
    As @subdomain so aptly put, he does sound rather horrible. I would also add rather childish. I certainly wouldn't play any of his silly little games anymore. Give him back the key and tell him to either change his ways or forget it.

GT-CB6000 and Sig Wyrminorb like this.
  4. proximacentauri

proximacentauri Active member

Local Time:
    ^^ What they said. Kink only comes after you have your relationship stuff figured out, and he doesn't sound submissive at all - more of a kinkster. Anything you can do to break him down will only be temporary, there's no such thing as non-consent. If you wan't, you can try being completely dominant and absolutely refuse to take any excuse or whatever and just crush him under your will, but even that is unlikely to work.

5. DarkKnight

DarkKnight In service of the Dark_Queen

Colorado
    Local Time:
    Refuse to play - that is your ultimate domination and choice. He doesn't control you nor is he willing to commit to what he is asking you to do.

Miss_Red_Dragon likes this.
  6. tegelad

tegelad Class and sophistication in all things

High Tech Internet Architect
    Texas
    Local Time:
    6:20 PM
    Sounds like you actually have three kids in the family .... relationships are built on communication, and this type of "kick" is more advanced sexually then most people can handle. It sounds like there are more foundation stuff that is required to be done before moving forward in this realm ... you can attempt to use something like chastity as a tool to "break" him ... however, I don't know if that makes a person into someone that is into relationship material ... unless that is your end goal ... Good luck ... If you are interested in breaking him ... I know there are probably tens of people who will come up with suggestions and ideas for doing so ... but given the stress your family is under with the multitude of jobs and life .... it sounds smarter not to go down this path

7. coffee2sugars

coffee2sugars Long term member

Private Health Care
    Northamptonshire UK
    Local Time:
    Instead of cuckolding him tell him you have given up being his dom and that he can play by himself.

Then tell him you will need the chastity cage back as you have decided to take on a real sub who really will bend to your will and desires.

Thats only a half serious suggestion and i agree that as most have said work on the aspects of your relationship that you are both struggling with and introduce chastity d/s stuff when your relationship is in a better place.

8. TheMNGentleman

TheMNGentleman New member

Local Time:
    6:20 PM
    Based on your post, I'd say dump him, you need an adult for a good relationship and he's not there yet.

Now, to play devils advocate, take a good look at your own actions. Are you giving clear direction about what you want him to do? Not just - clean up your act, but - no more than one drink a day. Are you giving clear results of failure to comply with these specific tasks? Not just - You'll be punished for failure, but - for every drink over one per day you'll be running 5 laps around the block. If you are over 4 drinks in a day, you'll be running in a dress. If you're over 8 drinks in a day, since you'll be stumbling anyway, you might as well wear high heels.
    As a Domme, are you setting fair and consistent rules? Once you set a fair and consistent rule, do you follow through on discipline?

Here is my suggestion, since it's free, I'll guarantee it's worth every penny. With my submissives, I've used this general system. The submissive starts with a clean slate, and NO rules. Because there are no rules, they are free to act any way they choose. HOWEVER, once I see a trait I feels needs to be corrected, I set down a new rule. If that rule, or any future rules set, is broken for the first time, I very politely remind them of the improper behavior, perhaps a mild punishment focused on reminding the submissive of the reason the rule was put in place. If the rule is broken for a second time, I, not so politely this time, remind them of the improper behavior, punishment of some sort is guaranteed, but again focused on reminding the submissive the reason the rule is in place, and in addition how breaking that rule effects others around them. If the rule is broken for a third time, I don't bother reminding the submissive about anything, it's time to take action against a stubborn refusal to comply with the rule. Punishment is guaranteed, and guaranteed to be not only related to the rule, but punitive as well. This also results in a punishment "chit". If the submissive breaks the rule for a FORTH! time? It's time for me to start seriously considering if this submissive is worth my time and effort to be around. The same fate would apply if the submissive ever earned four "chits". As you've no doubt discovered in your time as a Domme, it's a LOT of work. Why waste the energy on someone who is not willing to work at getting better.

I hope he finds a way to begin pleasing you, but failing that, I hope you find the strength to put him behind you and move forward.

Sig Wyrminorb likes this.
  9. MommaK

MommaK Member

Local Time:
    Everyone, I greatly appreciate your responses! On Monday night I told him he can either take his key now, and I'm done- OR- He has 7 days to show me he wants to be my sub, no punishments, no direction, it falls solely on his shoulder. He knows exactly what I want and expect, and what I've been asking for him for some time now. Last night we spent no time together, he came home from work and I left for work. He had a cleaned kitchen and living room, the baby fed, and dinner made on the stove. I came home late night to him forgetting to turn the sprinklers off(not mad at this point), dishes in the sink ready for the dishwasher( getting mad), and my bedside water empty(at this point I'm mad, I know its three things, but we've worked the same amount of hours and my water filled was a beginning expectation way back when to work in him having chores). So I wake him up,complain, hes too tired to give any real responses. This morning when he left for work, he asked me not to wake him up to yell at him. I then reminded him whats expected, how important this week is to him, that his key is available. At this point he claimed he didn't feel good, since he never told me (he knows he can text me) I told him I'll expect what I always do unless I know otherwise.

SO at this point, 24 hours into a 7 day trial, I haven't seen enough for me to agree to it. Yes he had to clean up dinner(but apparently not the dishes in his head-even though he knows different), and yes he had to put two boys to bed. I don't see three hours worth of work there, I don't even see one hour. I guess he doesn't understand how serious I am. He has 6 more days.

Joroincharge and loyalhack like this.
  10. Mistress Jules

Mistress Jules Professional Dominatrix and Owner of Lockit
    Staff Member Administrator Verified Female

Company Director and Professional Dominatrix
    Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    In all honesty I wouldn't hold my breath hoping for him to change. I think he probably has a thought in his head about you being a dominatrix all sexy and threatening. However when it has come down to daily life he is no more a sub than a flying pig.

There are many variations of what is expected of subs and very few are capable of 24/7 especially whilst work and family intervene. My only advice is this.

Why are you making yourself unhappy to make someone else happy - and they are not even happy about it?

This is supposed to be enjoyable to both of you, neither of you is enjoying it at the moment, time to take stock and ignore what has been said and look at what has been done. Actions speak louder than words and they will show you what has been delivered compared to what has been promised. Is it worth the angst? Maybe a lesser variation of D/s would be a better way to start.

11. MommaK

MommaK Member

Local Time:
    Mistress Jules, I agree with all that you are saying. He likes a lot of the fantasy aspect. He does not fight certain punishments, like urine ice cubes, or if I allow him a release him cleaning it up with his mouth. There is never a struggle there. Usually immediate punishment there isn't an argument- unless I have been especially frustrated with him and it is like he is in constant trouble OR we are in a hurry and he is stressed out and will at times totally refuse a punishment all together.

I do want to say this, I know how horrible of a picture this paints of my sub. I have read over and over what I typed about him and in all honesty it is how he is. Due to me attending college, and his 2nd job is a business start up there isn't a ton of money in our house. This is constantly in the back of his mind, he would work 6 jobs to make sure the bills are paid if it came down to it. He comes from a family where the man is the bread winner and the wife takes care of everything else, along with waiting hand and foot on the husband. He is constantly learning that I am not that wife. We both contribute to all aspects of both of our lives. He wants to change, I am here to help him along. I just have to correct 36 years of what he was taught. Believe it or not he is a LOT different then he was just 2 years ago. Before an argument would go on for days, to the point where he wouldn't even deal with it and totally remove himself from the situation. Most arguments now are short, and he knows my word is final.

I know there is some light at the end of the tunnel, weather that means we re-visit this life style later, mellow out a bit on 24/7, or even continue figuring it out.

coffee2sugars and Mistress Jules like this.
  12. DarkKnight

DarkKnight In service of the Dark_Queen

Colorado
    Local Time:
    This is a tough thing for some guys to adjust to. He may be in love with the fantasy and when it becomes real he pushes back. Given the benefit of the doubt that it is possible to resolve this for you both . . . He should prove his commitment to the project. Maybe the way to do that is to ease into it real slow like. Wear the device for a block of time with no intervention / direction from you (playing by himself) so he can process physical / mental signals. Then when he's ready you can both participate very lightly over a weekend - no heavy D/s. Let it grow from there if it will.

I hope you both get what you need.

13. Miss_Red_Dragon

Miss_Red_Dragon A girl can never have too many padlocks!

North East of England
    Local Time:
    Some very good advice has already been given, so I wont repeat it. I just wanted to add that restraints on your sub before his device comes off will ensure that it goes straight back on when you want - not when he wants!

14. the odd tease

the odd tease Long term member

North America
    Local Time:
    What a waste of a willing Domme who truly wants to play... I hope he figures himself out soon... I'm wishing you both better times soon...

15. dboy

dboy Junior Member

Local Time:
    8:20 PM
    Being a sub means stopping what you're doing and do for someone else. A sub should have nothing on his mind except how to please his wife. This is extremely hard when there's so much pressure, two jobs, kids, etc.. How do you just clear your mind and concentrate on your wife. Not easy. So I agree with what's said here and take things slowly. Build chores up one at a time. When he's become accustomed to the one chore and it's not a big deal, add another. Back off if it becomes too much and allow for the occasional cranky day. We all have our moods.

Aaron Smith and coffee2sugars like this.
  16. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    It can be a difficult situation when money is tight, and there are children involved. But if he lies to you, has had at least one affair, and there are control issues, you need to put aside the D/s aspects for now and concentrate on your relationship in general. I would strongly suggest you seek counseling; if he won't go, go without him. You say he has improved over the last few years, but please forgive me for hearing instead that he treats you like a doormat, and you allow him to do so. Making excuses for him won't help your situation.

17. MommaK

MommaK Member

Local Time:
    Here is another update, Wednesday night when I came home the kitchen was in much better order then the previous night. Though still not up to my standards. The following morning I mentioned some of the issues I had - In which he replied that I didn't thank him for the job he did. Again I reminded him that if I'm not punishing him this week, and there are no benefits, he is to show me how 'badly' he wants this type of relationship. I also told him I could just not say a word and return his key if that is how he'd like it after the week is over. I figured a gentle nudge is better then nothing at all. Last night we sort of a night off for the both of us, and it's been the first we've had together in over a week. I cooked, he cleaned up, and we both finished the night chores together, there was some whining on his end. His device was removed, he was not allowed a release, he didn't even ask. His device was back on this morning as I told him to do without incident. He still hasn't quite shown me what I'm looking for as far as me deciding if I want to continue this or not. I know it's a bad week with his back and all so I'm trying to take that into consideration. He still has all this weekend to change my mind.

As far as the other responses are concerned, both of us aren't really the counseling type- I can't really convince him to go if I'm not willing. In addition there really isn't time for it. The fight for control I feel is our biggest issue, once he can truly submit and I can truly be dominant I feel a lot of these issues will be behind us.

dboy, I feel your suggestion will probably be the route we take. I think when we approached this lifestyle, I was told of all the wonderful things I would get; a obedient husband, all of my needs fulfilled, a partner that does everything for me. It was his desires that led us this way, so I know part of it was that he had to "sell" it to me. From the outside it seems easy to just dive right in, but in real life it just isn't so simple, especially since we are both very bull headed.

Aaron Smith and chairandstone like this.
  18. Aaron Smith

Aaron Smith New member

Local Time:
    @MommaK I read your post with great interest as I am your husband - not physically, but we are brothers from a nother mother and your post was valuable to read as it helps me realize the difference between a desire to be a sub and the desire to play the sub.

When I read your post I realized what I am doing in my relationship - however our experience is different as my wife is vanilla and expresses no interest in placing me in chastity and would never conceive of donning a strap-on. For some context, I have lurked this board for almost a year with hopes of finding ways to entice her and instead I continue to find illustrative examples (like yours) that educate me and allow me to realize that I'm not a sub - or at least not mature enough to be one yet. So, let me present to you what I think your husband has going on in his head - as I fear that he and I may be far to alike.

There is no rationale reason for the order below, this is just laid out as it comes to my mind:

1) I do love and care about you - however, I am a Narcissist and care and love for my own needs above that of any others.
    2) I WANT to be your submissive, I WANT you to tell me what to do, when to do it and meet your every need. So long as you do it in a way that I WANT - which is will be based on the sexual fantasy I have developed in my head.
    3) I want to be in chastity because I am hypersexual and the fantasy of giving this to your control turns me on. Also, for me and not necessarily in your relationship, I was unfaithful in the past and think that the chastity device is one way to physically repent and communicate my internal shame for that discretion.... and to prevent me from doing it again should I lack the relevant self control.
    4) I am childish and playful - that is something you were attracted to about me. As a result, I lack the maturity of self control and self discipline - thus I do take things to the extreme. Also, when tired or ill I will be snappy, argumentative as this shows the true inner-self - the one that I have no energy to hide. When I don't get what I want - I will mentally bully you, to get my own way as I am a Dom that wants to play sub when it suits my schedule and I get something out of it.
    5) That's right, I'm not a submissive, I am a Narcissist with a femdom fetish that you have so kindly started to explore - but to me this is a game to get more attention on me and ultimately does rob you of your strength or power - but I don't really think about that as I'm only focused on what makes me feel good.
    6) When I do sub, I am topping from the bottom . The rest of the time, like you, I am a Dom, but as an individual I'm just not anywhere near as capable, competent, motivated or highly functioning as you.
    7) Lastly, when I do sub or at least when I do the things that you want me to do - I don't do them from submission with the mindset that says 'I should do these to satisfy my Queen, or met her desire'. I do them with the mindset 'if I do this she'll play tonight'......i.e. this will get me attention. Before I got into the D/s mindset when I would do chores I would typically do them to 95% completion. Sweep the floor but leave a pile of dust and debris in the corner. Wash and dry the laundry but not put it away. This passive aggressive behaviour stems from my not doing it because it the right thing to do or because you'd like it, but rather, because I need the attention from you to satisfy my weak Narcissistic ego.

Your guy sounds so like me that it is scary. I have put my request for chastity and D/s play on-hold and instead my wife and I are engaged in couples counselling to help us talk about the issues in our relationship. Perhaps one day, when I am more mentally mature and we are able to communicate in a way that each of us listens and hears what the other is asking I can revisit this lifestyle. But until then, it remains a fantasy.

In summary - I think your guy is unlikely to change based upon the actions you've presented and certainly not in any short period of time. Primarily I think it is because he is mentally (like me) too immature to put the needs of someone else ahead of his. Which is what I have come to realize what the D/s lifestyle is about. Others say flee - however if you stay, my suggestion is focus on keeping the kink as a fun part of your sex life. If you do decide to keep going with the kink, I would personally encourage continued and long-term use of the MM device. In addition to which, I would refrain from opening it when he wants and encourage you to provide lots of physical and verbal interactions to keep him hypersexed on edge and sexually engaged through your actions - for an immature narcissistic mind he craves the attention and it will provide valuable conditioning and feedback if he gets that from you all the time (however -recognize that that is work not fun for you). Don't give him anal pleasure s that may be seen as a release. If after 6-8 weeks you're not happy because his attention on you is slipping, focus on sexing him back up by dressing provocatively and talking in a sexual way to excite him - touching his locked member at unexpected times or sending messages through out the day saying that you really want his member in you. If you haven’t read it, review the manuscript - real women don't do house work - much of this manuscript will arm you with what you need to remain in control - but he will challenge you due to the mental maturity he has. While it is hard if not impossible to make someone develop maturity and respect for you quickly - you could at least apply the attributes of female sexuality to try to satisfy his need for attention ad thus control or dampen his childishness to some extent.

Lady De and loyalhack like this.
  19. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    Absolutely - and in spades. If he's worth the effort, then the only way is no holds barred and he's to know it. :spank:
    Otherwise he's not worth the time and effort.

20. Lady De

Lady De Never turning back!

Accounting manager
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    1:20 AM
    Well Done:) - and I agree with your suggestions.... - except from I would not give excessive amounts of attention, but some encouragement along the way is in order after the first week or two....

@MommaK - test him in a device he can't escape from and that has not to come off. I am afraid that means that he has to have a small PA- piercing first, and that til postpone the start of this final test- I know.... With a little luck he will be ready in 4-6 weeks.
    Make him commit to 10 weeks of lock up with possible extension and with no explicit promise of release. Then keep him dry for all 10 weeks - and more if. If he passes the test without trying to kill You,- You have something to work from, otherwise it is so long to chastity games... Make him understand that his commitment is binding and if not fulfilled, the consequences are as mentioned.
    It might, - just might help him... but it is for sure a last resort. Make him jump around for You for the ten weeks - at least you will get that out of this last experiment:)

Good morning:)

kellysbitch and Joroincharge like this.
  21. Aaron Smith

Aaron Smith New member

Local Time:
    @MommaK i am sorry if my post derailed you - i thought it might be useful to know what goes on in my head as your hubby sounds so similar
    @DREWife - do you think it is possible fora Narcissist to mature and become less self-serving and more focused on the needs of his Queen? If yes - do you think that conditional programming (akin to Pavlov's dogs) is a key component to create the anchors for that change in psyche?

22. MommaK

MommaK Member

Local Time:
    Apologies that it's been a few days. As noted before, we are fairly busy so I am doing my best for updates.

@Aaron Smith I actually quite appreciate your post, in fact I had my sub read it, in it's entirety because I feel you and him may have honestly been separated at birth. Though he does not feel he manipulates situations to work in his favor. I will say from my standpoint he does, there is a possibility he's been doing it so long that he may not even realize he does it. It is a little refreshing to know my sub is not the only sub that shares his hardships, and I am not the only Domme that is in a constant power struggle.

Over the last week did my sub completely give in and show me his desire to be a sub? In my opinion, which frankly in this situation is the only one that counts, he did not. So as his keyholder and domme I've made my decision. I will continue to be his domme, he will continue to be locked up but all of this is now is on my rules and my standards. If the kitchen is not cleaned how I want it, he will not be woken up to be complained to. He will be woken up to be punished. Will I thank him for sub standard work because he takes criticism better that way? Nope. In fact I'm over it. Whats the worst he is going to say? He doesn't want to do it? He's over it? - Well I've been saying that and getting no results so I wouldn't really be at any loss. I understand it takes a firm hand, and constant reminders and pushing to in order for a person to give in to who the truly dominate one is in any given situation. Ultimately I've learned this week in order to get what I was promised, I oddly enough have to work at it. This is what he wants, and him truly being a sub is what I want. Now in order for him to get his kinks he will have to give me my domestic desires first.

Joroincharge likes this.
  23. Aaron Smith

Aaron Smith New member

Local Time:
    @MommaK

Thanks for the note, I was worried that I overstepped the mark.

From your response - I personally think this realization is a key one "in order to get what I was promised, I oddly enough have to work at it".

One of the struggles I am sure that I face in my relationship with my wife is the barrier of knowing that the Domme has to initially 'work' just as much / if not more than the sub. The work is very different, but it is not - from the get go - easy sailing - which can derail things if you think about it - who would want to work harder to get less done...

Funnily enough, it reminds me of my days as a high-school teacher, the first year teaching a new course or new year group was tough as content and experiences for the class needed to be developed from scratch and expectations and discipline needed to be aligned - but after the initial investment the 'maintenance' became easier and i expect that is true for the Domme/Sub relationship.

MistressPhedre likes this.
  24. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    And it's important that any punishments are things he really does not like at all.:spank:

25. MockingJay

MockingJay Member

Local Time:
    Plus if he's a masochist it let's you get "creative" :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice