Alternative to CB6000 S?

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by CuriousWonTon, Feb 13, 2022.

1. CuriousWonTon

CuriousWonTon Member

Local Time:
    9:49 PM
    I'm reasonably happy with the fit of the CB but would prefer something that is not plastic and might be better suited for wearing all day under clothes while out and about. Something that is reasonably comfortable and doesn't move around much. I'm willing to spend $200...or so

2. CuriousWonTon

CuriousWonTon Member

Local Time:
    Truthfully...the plexiglass gives me anxiety....warranted or not.

3. Open2njoy

Open2njoy Long term member

Local Time:
    I started out with the CB6000s and moved to a steel cage after the CB split and I’m much happier with the steel cage. It’s easier to keep everything clean and there’s no worry about it splitting. Of course that means my lock ups are much longer now.

Parley, Jail Bird and CuriousWonTon like this.
  4. CuriousWonTon

CuriousWonTon Member

Local Time:
    Do you recommend a particular brand?

5. Open2njoy

Open2njoy Long term member

Local Time:
    I wouldn’t begin to try to make a recommendation. Everyone is built differently and has different activity levels and lifestyles. Properly measure yourself and get something that fits you. You can find instructions on sites that sell devices.

subrick likes this.
  6. Fisherman

Fisherman Long term member

Local Time:
    Mature metal jailbird was my next move after the 6000s. I think you will spend under $400 for a custom fit that will be comfortable and good for continuous wear. I know it's more than you stated, but it should be a one and done.
    Best wishes

7. CuriousAndy

CuriousAndy Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    11:49 AM
    I had a CB6000 split too!

Tried a couple of metal options. At the moment we are using a master series solitary cage, which was pretty cheap, $140 AUD.

It's sort of cute and not visible under clothes (which I always worry about). I guess it depends on personal measurements, but I find this one really comfortable.

[​IMG]

8. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    11:49 AM
    Honestly, even though I’ve got custom devices, many people can find great off the shelf ones for no more than $50 online (not brand names). IMO, pretty much everything is better than the CB series!

Go for an open design steel device, so much better for hygiene than the CB.

Parley and subrick like this.
  9. SMS529

SMS529 Active member

USA
    Local Time:
    A high quality 2 part epoxy like PC-7 in grey or PC-11 in white will permanently repair the split cage but it will not look as clean. No system is better at adjusting ring and gap dimensions than CB-x. I also find the old original CB-2000 solid base ring shape to be the best ever made, followed closely by 5he new chineese ergonomic ones.

10. Armitage

Armitage Sissy on the edge

Retird
    Buckinghamshire
    Local Time:
    2:49 AM
    I started with a CB but switched to the Holy Trainer which I much prefer. Similar in price but a much better fit. It’s not high end and I’m sure there are much better if you’re willing to pay big money but I’m satisfied ( or blissfully not ) with mine

11. Jail Bird

Jail Bird Long term member

Mitten State
    Local Time:
    I also started with the CB series. Long time ago it was CB2000 in pink. Very clunky. Then the CB6000 (too big for me) and finally the CB6000s. Broken spacers, split tubes etc. We went with the Mature Metal Jail Bird. Custom built and open design you can wear the open designs cages for a very long time.

We keep the 6000s as a back up belt in case the JB is sent back for modifications my wife wants.

We also use the 6000s for TSA Once cleared, it's back into the JB.

Good luck.

12. R2002

R2002 Long term member

Attorney
    USA
    Local Time:
    I also started with CB and moved on to MM

13. subrick

subrick Junior Member

Engineering/Technical Education.
    USA, Western Massachusetts.
    Local Time:
    Hi,

You've received some good advice above, though it is varied. But the truth of the matter is that most of us here had to experiment a bit to find our best solution.

I've been doing this for several decades, when the CB series first came out, and have purchased most of the CB variants as improvements were made. I did have a CB cage split on me once (DANG that hurts!!! LOL). But in fairness, when I investigated things a bit, I believe it was a knock-off device, not a genuine CB. I did glue it back and it worked fine, though wasn't quite as "pretty". :)

As competitors came out, I purchased various types of cages over the years, none of which were particularly comfortable. I could wear them for short terms, days, sometimes a week, but most caused irritations of one type or another, or were just not really secure at all.

Then I tried a Holy Trainer, Version2. A real one, not a knock-off. It worked very well and I could wear it for extended times. I actually ordered another in a different color (to mix things up a bit), and then picked up a Version 4, Nub. In fact, that's the one I was wearing when I started my current lock up (682 days ago).

On a whim I saw the NC03 in my avatar for what I thought was a decent price ($75? or so with 4 different ring sizes) and gave it a shot. I expected to just have my Lovely Wife & Keyholder use it on me when She wanted to torment me even more by inserting the included spikes into the welded nuts. Well, I tried that one on 555 days ago today, and it has been on 24/7 since then. My Wife likes the steel better than the plastic as it looks more secure and She REALLY likes instructing me to add a certain number of "spikes" and then tease the heck out of me as my cock tries to grow.

So, I guess the moral of my story, if there is one, is that you don't have to spend LOTS of money to find a comfortable, well fitting, reasonably secure cage. BUT....you might have to do some searching and experimenting. I'd recommend that you seek out quality devices which you think might work for you, and then buy the "knock-off" version to see if looks like it could be a good match. If so, then I'd recommend that you purchase the original. I do believe that there ARE differences between the originals and knock-offs, and sometimes that little change might mean the difference between it being comfortable 24/7/365, and not.

Good Luck,

~subrick

newandold likes this.
  14. Alana

Alana Long term member

California
    Local Time:
    6:49 PM
    I went from the CB6000s to a MM Queens Keep, and now that I am pierced, I use a MCN Mouse Trap. ..But I have (for shits and giggles) experimented with other cages over time. The Holy Trainer line is affordable, and IMHO a logical upgrade from a cb6000s. I have a Pic of my Chromatic Steel V3 Nano on my profile. I can't remember what I paid now, but I am sure it was less than $100 at the time.

15. Andy67

Andy67 Member

Local Time:
    I started with the CB6000S but always had discomfort because of the square ring. Switched to a Holy Trainer V3 Standard, which I thought was very comfortable, then small, then V4 nano, and finally the V4 nub. The V4 Nub, for me, is THE MOST COMFORTABLE cage I have, and I wear it 24/7. The plastic and stainless knock-offs are interchangeable, so I wear the stainless ring and plastic cage to reduce weight.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice