Advice, How can I avoid escape from a small cage?

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by Cath, Jul 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Ransom

Ransom Active member

US
    Local Time:
    7:57 PM
    I for one feel like I have walked in the dark for hours and face planted ever tree on the way. I have no idea what is going on. But I'm sure interested to understand what is happening here!

2. cagedfellow

cagedfellow Long term member

Canada, Québec
    Local Time:
    Wow, what a discussion! I knew there were different family models but this one is fascinating and intriguing.

I had a hard time believing it and googled about polyamory.

On Wikipedia, it is written:

"Its usage reflects the choices and philosophies of the individuals involved, but with recurring themes or values, such as love, intimacy, honesty, integrity, equality, communication, and commitment. [10] [2 ] "

it also says that:

"Polyamorous communities have been said to be outwardly feminist as women were central to the creation of such communities and gender equality is a central tenet. [30]"

Nowhere are a few things mentioned about submissive men but:

"Because there is no "standard model" for polyamorous relationships, and reliance upon common expectations may not be realistic, polyamorists advocate explicitly negotiating with all involved to establish the terms of their relationships , and often emphasize that this should be an ongoing process of honest communication and respect. Polyamorists typically take a pragmatic approach to their relationships; many accept that sometimes they and their partners will make mistakes and fail to live up to these ideals, and that communication is important for repairing any breaches "

So, some families rules the male as a servant and servicing women.

Who would have believed it! Poor @Cath! Such a simple question and an irrelevant but interesting ending.

I was ignorant, I am a little less so.

3. cagedfellow

cagedfellow Long term member

Canada, Québec
    Local Time:
    I would add some very interesting writing I fond on the french wikipedia page:

Exclusive love or shared love

One of the most common arguments against polyamory comes from the idea that when love is shared among several people, it is somehow diminished. According to The Ethical Slut, polyamorous people call this argument “the famine economy argument” 31 - so named because, according to them, it regards love as a material good, like food, which does not. can be offered to one person only by depriving another. Polyamorous people reject this conception of love as a consumer good. An example often cited is that of a parent with two children without loving one less because of the existence of the other. This argument is itself criticized by others who distinguish between love for a partner (with sexual involvement) and love involving a blood relationship.

An intermediate point of view is that the sentimental relationship requires time and energy, resources neither of which is infinite. So while it is possible to love two people as well as one, there is a stage beyond which relationships suffer. This subject of material obstacles is one of the main obstacles to the experience of polyamory, the other being the survival of the domination of a model of relationship poverty. The writer Jacques Salomé, who has written extensively on the couple and tenderness, speaks of our society as a factory of "relational amputees" where "amorous deprivation" dominates.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice