3D printed Iron Maiden punishment device

Discussion in '3D printing files' started by castmenow, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Adam202024

Adam202024 New member

Local Time:
    1:20 AM

Yes I was looking at getting something like this tube below because it's flexible etc. And I'd of course replace the metal end pieces with plastic versions and then I'd have to modify the design to have threads so that this could be threaded into the cage etc.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/961023...plug+for+male&ref=sr_gallery-2-29&pro=1&frs=1

2. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    6:20 AM
    One way to do accurate threads would be to oversize the plastic with a simple cylinder shape, and then use a metal thread cutter on it. That might be easier than trying to design the exact thread pitch/depth/diameter in software.

3. Adam202024

Adam202024 New member

Local Time:
    Hey I'm pretty new to 3d printing and design yet and was wondering if anyone could tell me how I could take an object like say a hose nozzle or something and scan it into a 3d design/CAD program/file
    I have this hose nozzle that I'd love to scan and maybe try to play with a bit but not sure how to go about taking a real world object and putting it in a 3d/CAD program
    Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

4. Adam202024

Adam202024 New member

Local Time:
    Can someone help me figure out where to find the latest version of the design is ?
    All I can seem to find is curved type b

5. Adam202024

Adam202024 New member

Local Time:
    I found all five types thiniverse sorry for any trouble this caused

I do wonder if anyone has tried to make this without the spikes though

6. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    5:20 AM
  7. Adam202024

Adam202024 New member

Local Time:
    Thank you for the information I will look at the link and read more carefully this time.

Out of curiosity what would it cost for you to do a custom sized version ?

8. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    I designed these for me and just want to share so put them out for free. I have made small changes to the design for individual requests without any charge, so slightly changed lengths, diameters and number of spikes. If you want significant design work let me know by private message.

9. Mensa2012

Mensa2012 MensaAbz

Local Time:
    6:20 AM
    So I had a couple of these bad boys printed (with three rings) and my wife allowed me to take off my usual belt to try this one. Unfortunately two of the rings broke at the lock pin before I even got them on but the third one was fine. Fitting myself into it was a challenge trying not to pinch the sides but after a while we got there. The hole for the padlock is rather thin but is ok for security tags since I’ll probably be using this on flights and cruises. I had it on for three hours and was relatively comfortable except when my grower started to grow.

All in all I like this design very much. I’d much rather have it in a more durable plastic though because when I urinated in it some urine literally passed through the plastic.

If you have any ideas of the type of plastic that should be used that would be great.

Attached Files:

10. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the feedback. The orientation of the rings during printing is a compromise. If the pin is vertical it will have a weakness across the pin but the ring will be strong. If the pin is set horizontal then the pin is stronger but the ring is weaker.

I have printed them in PLA but it is brittle so it can snap easy, PETG is better, I have used this for other cages as it is less brittle. The commercially printed ones use nylon which is much better. Your comment that it broke easily and is porous has not happened to mine. It sounds like a printing not material problem, if the hot end temperature is not hot enough the layers will not bond together, the filament needs to be hot enough to melt the surface of the layer below to fuse/weld together. Too low a temperature results in porous easily snapped prints.

Mensa2012 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice