3D printed Iron Maiden punishment device

Discussion in '3D printing files' started by castmenow, Dec 23, 2019.

1. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    6:16 AM
    I purchased a 3D printer for use with one of my hobbies, but just could not resist using it to make a chastity device. I have always been intrigued by the Iron Maiden device with the spikes inside the cage but could not bring myself to buy one as the diameter is smaller than my normal size. Therefore, I set about designing myself one, first time 3D designing and I used TinkerCAD.

The problem with all of these devices is how to close them, especially as I wanted a curved tube rather than the normal straight one. I ended up with a removable top section, the front has a lip that sits into a recess in the domed head. I have printed off a first trial in PLA with 0.3mm height and a low infill, perhaps 15% but I have forgotten just to check that the sizing is right for me. There was a fair bit of support structure leading up to the tips of the spikes and when removed the points were sharper than expected, the design has 1mm flat spots on the tips. I ended up sanding them down a bit.

Getting it on is tricky to not pinch skin as it is closed. I find that I have to sneak up on my willy when it is not expecting it and get it in quick before it realizes what is happening. Another useful bit of learning is to use some strips of thin plastic or cardboard inside the device where it closes to keep the skin contained when the top is put on and these are then pulled out afterwards. My wife really likes it and had no qualms about putting the lock in place once I had put in on myself.

The device is comfortable when it is on and as this is the first plastic device I have worn, I find it surprisingly light. When relaxed, the fact that it is full of spikes is not at all noticeable. However, if I become aroused then it gets painful but not excessively so until I start to pull and push on the device to get some more feeling which I would do in my normal cage. However, I find this prevents me from going there. I am really pleased with it so far for a first trial design and print. It is everything I hoped that it would be.

I have put some of the design views and built photos in this thread. There are more including photos with it on in a new album https://www.chastitymansion.com/for...ed-iron-maiden-spiked-punishment-device.5157/

Clip in V2 small closed.JPG Clip in V2 small open.JPG Dsc08567 (Large).jpg Dsc08596 (Large).jpg

2. JosieLynn Jewell

JosieLynn Jewell Long term member

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    2:16 AM
    Very nice work! I stumbled down the rabbit hole myself after buying my printer for other reasons :) Your solution for getting it on is unique and creative and seems like a winner.

Keep up the good work, and enjoy the melding of your two hobbies!

Subgabi likes this.
  3. latexbound

latexbound Locked

Wales, UK
    Local Time:
    7:16 AM
    Nice job, looks great! How sharp were you able to get the spikes?

4. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    The tips of the spikes were less than 1mm diameter so quite sharp. What was worse was that there were jagged bits left on the tips from the support structure, these had to be sanded off to leave blunted tips. These dig in and are painful but not sharp enough to puncture the skin.

Freaky Rabbit and latexbound like this.
  5. Freaky Rabbit

Freaky Rabbit Long term member

my own business
    Iowa, USA
    Local Time:
    1:16 AM
    I would like to see this one on a marketplace

Geoff2525 and Wonderlust like this.
  6. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    I'll see, only printed first rough version so far, couple of points to solve before a reprint. However, so far it is going OK once it is on, the ring to tube connection can pinch when putting it on.

7. Freaky Rabbit

my own business
    Iowa, USA
    Local Time:
    Maybe once you have final version you could share 3D files. I like the concept. The top gate is an interesting feature, and you can make it tighter that way.

8. Jamie's-Locked

Jamie's-Locked Long term member

Memphis TN
    Local Time:
    I would be tempted to get one once you feel you've settled on the final design. As shown would be a bit large but I would still be interested. Keep us updated if you can, Please!

9. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    It is scaled down 12% from where I started. The one shown is 30mm diameter inside the points and 38mm inside the tube and about 65mm lenhth inside the tube, 80mm total length with a 46mm diameter base ring, 8mm round. Once finished it might be easy to change sizes. As I am new to this I am learning as I go along.

10. latexbound

latexbound Locked

Wales, UK
    Local Time:
    Have you considered designing to support an integrated barrel lock rather than the traditional padlock?

11. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    I have considered an integrated lock, I prefer these myself, so now I have proven the cage concept, I will have a think as I tweak the design. I went with the padlock because it is simpler to start my 3D learning with.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  12. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    It has been worn for short periods of a couple of hours so far. Yesterday we said good bye to the final Christmas visitors, so this morning we had a huge tease session with it locked on, my wife enjoyed it very much with plenty of orgasms. I found the device to be everything I hoped for, normally when locked I want her to pull, push and move the cage to get some pleasurable feelings even though they are frustrating because I can not orgasm. However, with this the frustration is worse because the spikes stop you wanting too much movement of the tube so you miss out on what little pleasure you can get from a normal cage. The final pause for thought is that she has taken the keys and hidden them, no idea what her plans are going forward.

13. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    Luckily I got released at bedtime after 15 hours, I did not fancy sleeping in it. During the evening she asked to have her toenails painted, which involves me setting at one end of the sofa with her feet in my lap grinding into my groin. She knew that she was doing as it always turns me on doing this task.

KBS likes this.
  14. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    DSC08638 (Large).JPG DSC08647 (Large).JPG Integrated 02 Iron Maiden.JPG

I have been working away a bit at a time on my updated version with an integrated lock, better spikes that print well and removal of the pinch between the base ring and the tube.

See the album https://www.chastitymansion.com/for...iron-maiden-spiked-punishment-device-v2.5236/

The one shown is 29mm diameter inside the tip of the spikes and 39mm inside the tube giving 5mm long spikes. The spikes end at a tip about 1mm diameter so not needle sharp but spiky enough to let you know they are there if you become aroused. For me, the ID of the spikes is smaller than my flacid diameter so I am always compressed by them, but when flacid I can not feel them. However, if I become aroused then they start to bite. The tube is about 65mm long inside the tube, and with the 9mm tube to cage gap and 8mm diameter base ring the total length is about 80mm. The rings are 46mm ID for both the flat and the ergo rings.

When i printed the cover I had a mis step in the print towards the end, hence the ridge, but I have not bothered to reprint it yet, some sanding on the jointing edge has allowed it to be used. I have found that they key to getting the spikes to turn out well was to make them a bit wider at the base but also to orient the print so that the spikes were horizontal (i.e. on a vertical surface) or pointing upwards, hence they needed minimal support, which was creating problems on the first version. This means that the cover has to be printed in an odd direction with no flat surface on the print bed. In the natural orientation with a flat surface on the print bed, the spikes are hanging down and need extensive support, which is not great for the spikes.

Also, when you print the integrated lock mechanism, make sure that you stop supports being printed inside the lock holes as these are a bugger to remove. Also make sure that there are no tall thin supports. I slice with Cura and use the support eraser / blocker to prevent this. I do not choose build plate supports only, because on the spikes closest to horizontal you till need to allow some support up to an angle of 60 degree to stop the tips drooping.

I have upgraded the padlock version with all of the changes so that is a viable alternative, see the album https://www.chastitymansion.com/for...ed-iron-maiden-spiked-punishment-device.5157/

I have put the files for both the integrated lock and padlock versions on line on Thingiverse and TinkerCad, search for chastity or the user Castmenow in either case to find them. Please note, I am new to the 3D printing game so they may not be perfect designs and will need a bit of sanding to get a perfect fit of base ring, tube base and tube cover to each other.

If you print your own version, wear at at your own risk.

Iron78, fkfk, mafsub and 4 others like this.
  15. JosieLynn Jewell

JosieLynn Jewell Long term member

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    2:16 AM
    So glad to see you continuing on with this and sharing it on Thingiverse! One thing I've found as you're printing your rings is that if your "post" being printed in the Z orientation is not going to be as strong as it could be due to the inter-layer adhesion - my original designs needed to be much beefier to survive FDM printing. I'll be sure to check it out!

castmenow likes this.
  16. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the tip. Yes they are in the Z direction, the padlock version is probably the weaker of the 2 designs. They seem strong enough so far, but I expect it will be a fatigue issue, the layer bond is a weak point that will gradually crack over time as it flexes. This was never meant to be a long term wear option, so I it may be OK, but if I create anything for myself for long term wear then I will need to bear this in mind. I am not sure the closed end is good for long term wear either in terms of hygiene.

17. Freaky Rabbit

my own business
    Iowa, USA
    Local Time:
    Thank you for sharing it and making improvements!

18. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    Love this device! Just wish it was available to buy!!

19. LockedPom

LockedPom Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    4:16 PM
    Looks like a great device. Would love for it to be able to be purchased.

20. Disciplined Boyfriend

NE Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I've just built my 3D printer and been asked the question - what you going to make with it? These were vanilla people so therefore I had to think of something boring.

But once I get it setup and get the hang of printing a chastity device is on the cards. Different colours for different moods, different shapes and sizes for different occasions. Not going to be easy to try out whilst Mistress still has this cage locked upon me

21. mafsub

mafsub FemDom chastity slave

Switzerland
    Local Time:
    8:16 AM
    Wow, what a wonderful engineering job you have done!

I have downloaded your Thingiverse STL files, corrected some errors with Netfabb and had the cage printed at Sculpteo in Multifusion Jet PA 12, polished (the new HP 3D printing process). I got it back yesterday (within 1 week - very fast) in excellent condition: The parts fit together perfectly.

My Mistress had me put the cage on immediately. See my profile gallery for a photo just after I put it on. After that I went to the fitness center and sauna - wearing the cage when flaccid is very comfortable and doing sports is no problem.

I have slept with it and of course the morning erections are a challenge, but the spikes do not seem to damage. Later this morning, under the shower, I will see if I could pull out when flaccid.

I have worn it now for more than 12 hours - it fits like a glove on my cock, although maybe a bit too large when flaccid).

Again, my compliments, a job well done.

Would you be willing to upload a version of the cage with slightly different dimensions?

Olimod likes this.
  22. mafsub

Switzerland
    Local Time:
    Update:

I was able to pull-out and put-back-in under the shower, but I think if the cage would be a bit smaller and maybe the spikes would be a bit less dull, it would not be possible to put-back-in. After 14 hours of wearing the cage and having gone through quite some erections I noted the spike imprints on the penis but no damage.

More problematic is that the cover can be taken off and put back on by slightly deforming it. It may depend on the type of material the cage is printed in. The Nylon/PA12 is actually quite rigid.

So @castmenow : I recommend you increase the overlap between the 3 cage parts to prevent this.

23. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    mafsub,

Many thanks for taking the time to write about your experience with buying the cage printed by a 3rd party and your experience wearing it. The photo shows that it has printed well and perhaps this shows other people who have commented on buying this that it can be done.

Your findings regarding the spikes is similar to mine, they leave an impression, they are uncomfortable when aroused but they do not puncture the skin. Partly they do have rounded tips and partly there are a lot of them, so it is like the bed of nails spreading the pressure. If there were fewer spikes it might be different.

It sounds like your are slightly smaller than me, I find it too painful to try and pull out because I am cut and my corona is larger than the room inside the rings of spikes. However, I have not tried it with soap, that might provide lubrication.

Regarding the ability to flex the device and escape, I had not tried this but having read your post I have been and tested mine in PLA and yes, it is possible, the protrusion over the cover needs to be about 2 to 3mm longer to prevent this, or the ring needs to be a bit thicker to make it stiffer. I will update the files on Thingiverse and TinkerCAD to increase the length of the protrusion to avoid removal of the cap.

The design can be changed, but it depends on what changes. Alternative base ring sizes are very easy. Changes to the diameter can be done if I scale the whole tube down so the spikes also get a bit shorter as does the tube length. If you pm me then I will see if the changes can be made and get back in touch.

mafsub likes this.
  24. mafsub

Switzerland
    Local Time:
    I suggest you not only increase the protrusion at the side of the cock ring, but also the overlap at the side of the glans: On both sides, by slightly deforming the cafe, I can take the cover of without damaging it.

25. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    That is a good idea, I will look into this, thanks again. I have found no driver to try and escape, I really like being caged and have little desire to escape.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice