Why Isn't Chastity More Popular?

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Tracker1, Sep 18, 2023.

Random Thread
  1. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:18 PM
    We can make educated guesstimates based on the sales of the equipment and the amount of spillover into common media.

We know that male chastity runs high in Google searches, and we know that major online outlets sell a lot of them. And the Chinese would not be making so many of they didn't think there was a market.

But cages *rarely* show up in TV, movies, or non-kink social media, relative to things like handcuffs, play bondage equipment, or play floggers. In fact, there is a thread about this and everybody mentions the same three or four instances from a decade ago. That's a pretty low ratio of sales to mainstream use.

handsolo likes this.
  2. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    10:18 PM
    They do show up in articles about sex, and furries seem to be forever flaunting them. So, I think anybody remotely kink aware is at least aware of them.

The reason they don't feature in mainstream screen comedy is that they don't work without the magic unfilmable ingredient of male submission. That means a whole load of storylines don't work.

Beyondheat, littleguy3 and bondinchas like this.
  3. M@rcellus

M@rcellus Long term member

Local Time:
    11:18 PM
    Cybil Fawlty would have been a hot keyholder but it was before the watershed ;)

4. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    That's kind of my point. Even sitcoms can play with the idea of handcuffing one's partner for some fun. In fact, 25 years ago an entire episode of Friends had Chandler handcuffed to an office chair by his kinky boss. Blindfolds and exotic lingerie still figure in presumed erotic nights for couples. Those things are kinky but so commonplace that nobody thinks about them popping up into the mainstream anymore.

Giles_English likes this.
  5. enslavedbyc

enslavedbyc Junior Member

Local Time:
    4:18 PM
    That guesstimate will be about as accurate to the sales of fuzzy handcuffs to bondage devotees. Chastity is incredibly cheap it’s become a gag gift for bridal showers right next to the pink handcuffs. Yes, there’s lots knowledge that it exists as a sex toy one that is tried once or twice along side the fuzzy handcuffs, the airline sleep mask and the $20.00 pvc dominatrix outfit. Once maybe twice and then they’re done.

Caged4Sazz and Beyondheat like this.
  6. Ganondorf

Ganondorf Member

Local Time:
    Funny my wife would like to tell more women about it to potentially help relationships if it didn't expose us. Not every relationship but ones where the guy is inattentive or lazy.

ChasteHubby2015, Elon and Ron33 like this.
  7. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    10:18 PM
    Yes, as far as I can recall, they've featured just twice: once in Californication, and once in a BBC comedy (?) about gay men.

And I take back what I said about them not working being an issue. I'm sure comedy would just ignore that issue. Chandler locked in chastity by girlfriend, who dumps him and he hasn't got the courage to ask for the keys back would be a great plot.

Suppose scriptwriters do know about male chastity - why wouldn't they feature it?

8. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
    If you were to turn it into a religion then you might have better luck promoting your sexual kink to others.

It worked for the catholics.

The Queens consort likes this.
  9. enslavedbyc

Local Time:
    Try googling “BDSM & mental health”, you will find many articles including Pubmed extolling the virtues of Kink on personal mental health, relational health and open communication between couples regarding sex. It hardly a secret it’s in the press quite regularly. But not everyone is cut out to participate. It’s not that people need to be exposed to kink or chastity (which despite all claims to the contrary, I believe to be as kinky as anything else in my sex life, which is kinky by most everyone’s definition). Many many people can’t accept that Kink is not only okay but could be very good for them. Not everyone is cut out to train for marathon running, not everyone is cut out to be a happy well adjusted kinkster.

10. herluckyboi

herluckyboi Long term member

Local Time:
    It's very popular at our house and that's all that matters to us.

Caged4Sazz, Elon, bondinchas and 5 others like this.
  11. sissymaid_honeydew

sissymaid_honeydew Active member

part time, self-employed; otherwise busy
    virginia
    Local Time:
    i think if you focus on the benefits to Women in general you'd wonder why it isn't more popular.

12. Holdingout1

Holdingout1 Member

Local Time:
    5:18 PM
    I agree…..I’m hoping we are not too far away from a pressure sensor in the tube & a vibration sensor….connected to an app held by the keyholder. While you could defeat the device the KH would have immediate feedback. If this existed cages could focus more on comfort then security…imho

13. The Queens consort

The Queens consort Long term member

Retired
    Central Indiana
    Local Time:
    Women have to get past the shock of their partner wanting to be locked, well before they can start to realize any benefits for themselves.

Caged4Sazz, Locked_Koala and Ron33 like this.
  14. sissymaid_honeydew

sissymaid_honeydew Active member

part time, self-employed; otherwise busy
    virginia
    Local Time:
    absolutely true.

15. Lovelocked

Lovelocked Long term member

Local Time:
    #40 Lovelocked, Sep 23, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2023
    There may come a time when chastity devices are the norm for men. Times change. It’s not that long ago that women wore corsets and it was considered a sign of respectability and a good moral code. Until very recently, women were sometimes called strait laced, meaning they were a bit prudish. Spelt that way, strait means tight, so suggesting that they were tightly laced. With women becoming much more liberated, the tables may turn, so that a man willing to wear a chastity device may indicate reliability and respectfulness.

Now to be a bit silly, imagine some sort of technology where a mobile phone app or whatever could control the lock on a chastity device and embody an artificial intelligence system that could verify that the user was in fact the one wearing the device and that it was, at that time, properly fitted and locked. The user could be issued with a certificate proving that he was locked and would remain so until at least some specified time. He could prove to a new date, before they met up, that he was locked. He could hand over control until the specified time, to his date, before they met if he wanted to.

Another aspect of social change is that accusation of sexual misconduct against women is much more likely to be taken seriously. All good, but it does give rise to the possibility that men can be falsely accused, which can have serious consequences even if the case is not proved; particularly if the accusation is for something really serious like rape. The device could protect the man by providing evidence that he was securely locked at the time and could not have raped anybody.

Caged4Sazz likes this.
  16. Ron33

Ron33 Long term member

Retired
    Arkansas
    Local Time:
    I think if more women looked at it as loving and helpful to her and their spouse and not something kinky, a LOT more men would be locked up. I think them being in the dominant role isn't natural for a lot of women.

Caged4Sazz, RyanMc and Elon like this.
  17. enslavedbyc

Local Time:
    But having something locked on your dick IS KINKY and kink is a blast and if you embrace it you’ll find a lot more tools that are loving and helpful and delightful and fun and scary and ridiculous and sensual and sexy and soothing and so much much more. On the other hand you can try so so hard to “normalize” something that is really to wonderful to be normal. Nothing in this world is more boring than being normal. Whatever the hell normal is.

true42, Elon, bondinchas and 3 others like this.
  18. Tracker1

Tracker1 Active member

Local Time:
    True. I have fantasies about what that culture might look like. One has to do with growing up. When a guy reaches his eighteenth birthday he is fit for a cage and given it in a fancy ceremony. He holds onto it until he finds himself in a relationship that is right in the right way, which he celebrates by putting on the cage and offering his partner the key. That might make a nice ceremony too. Can't have too many nice ceremonies.

Caged4Sazz, Rubbersoul, Pepe_ and 3 others like this.
  19. locked_top

locked_top Caged tiger

USA
    Local Time:
    It's a kink. Nothing less, and nothing more. Some people enjoy kink, most people do not.

Caged4Sazz, true42, Elon and 2 others like this.
  20. Jake Statefarm

Jake Statefarm LUST4NOCONTROL

HARD WORKER
    MIDWEST/KCMO
    Local Time:
    I think a large amount of people are kinky. But the definition is kind of fluid. Some couples find doggy style kinky. My FWB, she makes vanillas look kinky.! LOL. Where I find all kinds of things interesting and worth trying with the right partner.

true42 and Lucky1 like this.
  21. Arlentia2

Verified Female

Local Time:
    Turns out the guys aren’t actually that interested

Ron33 and ChasteHubby2015 like this.
  22. locked_top

locked_top Caged tiger

USA
    Local Time:
    That's right. It's a rather limited kink.

23. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    So true. I was always kinky, but this was not something I would have wanted in my 20s.

Elon likes this.
  24. locked_top

locked_top Caged tiger

USA
    Local Time:
    Heh. If today's selection of chastity devices had been available 40 years ago, I just know I would have ended up locked in college (probably by my freshman year gf).

ChasteHubby2015, Elon and Tom Allen like this.
  25. atxmtb

atxmtb Long term member

Local Time:
    Yes, the spikes help a lot. Ultimately, though, all cages can be defeated with a hacksaw or drill to the lock. The real point is, if you want to get out so bad, why are you putting yourself in a cage in the first place? What you want is just some obstacle to overcome a moment of weakness. It doesn't have to be completely inescapable. A promise should be worth something to. I promised I wouldn't escape and if for some reason I broke that promise and did escape, I promised that I would tell her.

For most of the time so far, I've had a key. Once I unlocked and orgasmed. I immediately told her. I then gave her my key, told her it was a distraction. Honestly, I do not see myself masturbating ever again.

Maybe it's really about whose idea is chastity. It seems to be on this sight it is usually the guy who wants it and the wife/kh who will support the guy. Yeah, if it was the KH's idea, I could see where the lockee might feel justified in escaping. But if it's the guy asking to be locked, seems he should be able to be honest with himself and his KH

Caged4Sazz, RyanMc and littleguy3 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice