Badass permanent cage

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by softboy, Jan 2, 2022.

1. softboy

softboy Member

Australia victoria
    Local Time:
    8:10 AM
    Just received my badass permanent cage, it is very comfortable,does not present a cleaning problem. Horizontal bar is a bit of a pain when urinating.it is secured by hex grub screws for occasional wear or e-clips for permanet wear..i found it very fiddly to put on as the screws are so small. Have not had the balls to insert the clips at this stage, i,m sure i,ll have a moment of stupidity and do it somewhere down the line. The clips for the scrotum bar i think could be removed rather easily, not so sure about the clip that retains cage tho.the tolerances around that clip are very tight and there is nothing protruding to pull it out nor can you get under it to push it out.so i am quite happy with the cage apart from the price.(about $200 us dollars F671E74C-10E7-43BA-96AB-C7DF956593A1.jpeg 9D523567-FB95-42EA-9014-86EC7E16F903.jpeg C61088FA-765E-4CD2-A516-3BA88AEFF834.jpeg 9B606053-7F4C-4289-8FCD-18899EDDE1C4.jpeg

iggyst00ge, Rectrix, mikecb and 2 others like this.
  2. rwpLocked

rwpLocked Long term member

Local Time:
    4:10 PM
    Very nice, thanks for sharing!

What's the advantage of the scrotum bar versus a smaller cage to base ring gap?

3. softboy

softboy Member

Australia victoria
    Local Time:
    None that i can think of, it is the first cage i have had with a scrotum bar.have not tried wearing it without the bar yet.

Raychel Dresher likes this.
  4. softboy

softboy Member

Australia victoria
    Local Time:
    Have found that the e-clips protrude when fitted and are to be removed quite easily. So after a bit of tinkering have file the recess in the pin a little deeper and filed a little off the clip points so the clip sits deeper.just need to put a couple of very small welds to make two side bars higher and should be a very difficult cage to remove( i am a very sick puppy aren’t i )

Danny15 and Peter Rabbit like this.
  5. softboy

softboy Member

Australia victoria
    Local Time:
    I think the scrotum bar is there to cater for lads with small balls.i don’t need to use it. Maybe they included it because of the large gap between ring and cage

6. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    10:10 PM
    It's the difference in geometry between having two different diameter circles, and two the same.

The problem with the normal configuration of chastity devices is that the base ring and the cage ring are very different diameters. As the centre of each circle isn't the same, the space between the two rings varies as you go around the ring, so the gap is inconsistent. The problem created is that a single "gap" configuration can pinch you at the sides while at the same time being large enough in the middle to allow a testicle to slip through.

With the scrotum bar the same diameter as the base ring, the gap is the same size at any point around the ring, so IF the gap is correct, then it's MUCH more comfortable AND secure from squeezing a testicle or both out. After all, it is supposed to be a "ball trap" device!

Lakeman likes this.
  7. mikecb

mikecb Long term member

Local Time:
    5:10 PM
    If you look at their other models, the scrotum bar has the PA fitting on it. This is actually quite ingenious, as it makes the PA security pin MUCH easier to install, rather than trying to fish it through after your penis is in the cage, and potentially a bit compressed or at the wrong angle. I LOVE this design.

I suspect they keep the scrotum bar in the package, even if there's no PA fitting, just to standardize the other parts, and to accommodate those who need a tighter fit to keep their balls from escaping.

rwpLocked likes this.
  8. softboy

softboy Member

Australia victoria
    Local Time:
    I tried to squeeze testicle thru ring without the scrotum bar on and it was a no go,think it depends on the size of your testicles

9. LockedTower

LockedTower Long term member

Corporate Stooge
    Minnesota, USA
    Local Time:
    If you're going to weld it, might as well just try that with it on and then you can be assured of a permanent situation.

10. rwpLocked

Local Time:
    Thanks, that makes sense. It does make me wonder if the mounting bosses would rub/chafe on the thighs?

I actually switched from oval to round base rings on my MM cages to be thinner against my thighs, but then again I do prefer a relatively large base ring. Perhaps this isn't much of a problem if the base ring is near the same diameter as the cage, or the wearer isn't very active.

11. DirtyFeet

DirtyFeet Active member

Retired
    Penticton, BC
    Local Time:
    I have discovered that testicles are like Harry Houdini they can escape anything. Why is it that they are so hard to get through the cock ring along with the cock and then presto they escape. Can’t go any smaller so would appreciate any advise you can offer

12. rwpLocked

Local Time:
    #12 rwpLocked, Jan 29, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
    That makes sense for designs with a fixed Cage to ring gap, and seems very secure. It also addresses the concern about an uneven gap more completely than even a conventional oval base ring, but it does add parts and complexity.

For custom designs where the cage gap can be specified (or designs where it can be altered with different pins) the maximum 'ball gap' can also be controlled by decreasing the cage gap as the base ring diameter gets larger relative to the cage diameter.

Said another way, the ball gap is the space between the bottom of the base ring and the bottom of the cage. For a hypothetical cage with a base ring the same diameter as the cage the ball gap will be the horizontal distance between the cage and the base ring, and it would equal the cage gap. If we only grow the base ring diameter we find the cage gap stays the same, but the ball gap gets larger, and the imaginary line of the ball gap its now at an angle from the bottom of the base ring up to the bottom of the cage. To reduce the ball gap we can reduce the cage gap making the ball gap line steeper but shorter.

bondinchas likes this.
  13. softboy

softboy Member

Australia victoria
    Local Time:
    I can feel the mounting bars now and then ,but they do not chafe or cause a problem

14. Chaz69

Chaz69 Long term member

IT
    Midwest, USA
    Local Time:
    I hear you DF, I have the same problem. I find the 45mm ring too tight and the 50mm one feels comfortable, however, if I go out in the cold and my sac starts to tighten, my left ball keeps escaping. So today, I switched back to the 45mm ring to give it another go.

15. DirtyFeet

DirtyFeet Active member

Retired
    Penticton, BC
    Local Time:
    I know its wild today was heading to the shower and the whole assembly just dropped off. Its like my cock and balls wanted a cleaning.

16. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    7:10 AM
    This gap issue has been a problem for me occasionally over the years. @rwpLocked and @bondinchas both explained the issue very well.

For me, despite having large balls, the gap between my 54mm base ring and the cage (usually around 35mm) means the occasional escape when the boys shrink up a lot.

The Badass scrotum bar seems the most elegant solution to this that I’ve seen. I’ve just ordered from them, on the model I’m getting he’s doing the scrotum bar for me at no extra charge.

17. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    I measured the gap on my current device (the Badass website also explains the issue well and has pictures showing the measurement), it’s about 22mm. I asked him for the scrotum bar to have a gap of around 14mm (bit of guesswork). Will be interesting to see the design of the bar and if it’s the right gap for me.

If not, I can ask for another one to be made for what I guess will be fairly cheap, or as it’s an add on, can just remove it.

18. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    10:10 PM
    Another advantage of the Baddass design is that you could have two bars, one for summer use and one for winter use, as testicles do seem to act very differently when it's hot or cold!

19. DirtyFeet

DirtyFeet Active member

Retired
    Penticton, BC
    Local Time:
    Just checked out Badass definitely something I am going tp look at harder.

20. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    The OP from @softboy shows the base ring with scrotum bar mounted on wider points than a round base ring. I would be concerned about some discomfort from this. I’m expecting that what I’ll be getting will be like this one https://badassworkroom.com/collections/custom-chastity-cage/products/ba-04
    where he’s mounted the bar flush on the front face of the base ring, keeping the width unchanged. After I placed my order I then noticed that he’s having a break from production for a holiday till February 12th, so I’ll need to be a bit more patient in waiting for it to arrive.

Danny15 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice