Covid-19 and Life

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Hubby&Missy, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Her Dividend

Her Dividend Junior Member

Local Time:
    2:41 PM
    It’s not my world. It’s the world.

It hardly seems like your view is an ideology you would want to sell to others, say for instance your parents, uncles, and aunts.

I also wouldn’t want to sell this ideology to anyone who works out in the public on a regular basis. This is why many companies have instituted a vaccine mandate, it’s to keep their employees safe to minimize the chance of dying from COVID-19.

Boiled down to its core, you really do have nothing to offer anyone as a remedy. For you, there is no public health option. Luckily for others there is. Why do you discourage them from using it? It’s deranged.

Artem likes this.
  2. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    10:41 PM
    This is a minor virus in the big scheme of things, it's not smallpox, it's not ebola. There should never have been any lockdowns. It's the equivalent of a bad flu year.

The death numbers are vastly inflated for political reasons, and also for medical reasons, it's better to over estimate than under estimate. It's better to put down a death that is 1% suspected covid "just in case" so they can see if patterns emerge. The problem with that is that people are more terrified than they ever should have been.

I bet if they did an audit into all the covid deaths they would find there is 20% of the current totals.

There should never have been running totals on the news every day, it causes hysteria and panic. You don't get that in a bad flu year, but from now on we probably will.

Lockdowns kill. The medieval practice should never have been copied from china.

Dianna1395 likes this.
  3. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    Then why are they doing it? Because bedwetters like you would throw tantrums otherwise. They have to be SEEN to be doing something even if they know it doesn't work.

Dianna1395 and subrick like this.
  4. Her Dividend

Local Time:
    So your solution is just to say fuck it. Easy at your age, 28.

What protections are you offering the elderly, your parents, uncles, and aunts?

What protections are you offering people with underlying health conditions?

What protections are you offering workers especially those operating in close quarters or out in the public?

What solutions are you offering to help people who are very afraid of the virus? This is a sizable number of people.

Are you just name calling and telling all these groups to fuck off?

What is your solution? What are you offering?

At some point you need to stop ranting.

Artem likes this.
  5. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    I've already mentioned them in this thread.

The elderly and vulnerable have had the vaccines now. That's it. End of.

We've all worn masks long enough, we've all locked down enough times.

Everyone who wants the vaccines has had them. End of story.

Dianna1395 and subrick like this.
  6. Byrdie

Byrdie Junior Member
    Verified Female

Seattle, WA - USA
    Local Time:
    #806 Byrdie, Nov 16, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
    My old job allowed us to work from home, and closed our local office, so they really didn’t seem to care if we got vaccinated. I got both Moderna jabs while still employed there.

My new job wants everyone on-site as much as possible, so they give at-home test kits and require us to send in results twice a week for vaccinated employees and daily before each shift for unvaccinated employees. If the tests are done and the results submitted at home, we get a little extra pay.

They also offered a $300 bonus for every employee who signed a statement swearing that they were fully vaccinated, in order to encourage stragglers and keeping the early birds from being tempted to become stragglers in similar situations in the future.

Right before clocking in, we take our temperatures and answer a little health questionnaire that pops up.

They just offered another $100 bonus for each action, amongst others:

• Uploading a photo of the front and back of one’s vaccination card, or of one’s vaccination QR code
    • Having a perfect record of sending in home test results for a specific period.
    Now that the Delta variant has made news, even the vaccinated are back to wearing masks in the office. I just bought some new purple ones! I have a rig set up with a plastic guard to keep me from breathing in the fabric, and a sort of lanyard harness to save the backs of my ears.

And no, I do not work in a medical or care facility, a lab, in food service. or a food processing plant. My particular position doesn’t even require me to come into face to face contact with the public.

My medical appointment that was going to include my booster may’ve been cancelled for today, so I’m about to check. Nobody’s paying me to go get it, but nobody paid me originally to get my first two Fauci ouchies.

ETA: I get to go in for my booster today!

Artem and good2fun like this.
  7. Her Dividend

Local Time:
    Overall, your position is self-centered, conspiracy riddled, and contradictory.

Piecing it all together, it seems you want to "get back to normal." No masks, no lockdowns, no endless pandemic never-ending public safety measures.

But you undercut this argument by saying that the vaccines are useless and quite possbily harmful.

A more coherent position would be Assumption of Risk: (1) The Vaccines work and (2) the virus is here to stay so we need to ride it out and the un-vaccinated are taking their chances.

But, because you are anti-vax, you can't argue ^^^ this position.

Instead you argue the counter factual narrative that COVID =s the Common cold and that the Vaccines are harmful. Anyone versed in the news and reality sees you as a wing nut.

Getting back to Assumption of Risk - the unvaccinated without private insurance shouldn't become public charges for their Emergency Room and ICU charges (what happened with the Delt Variant in the USA) and should maybe be subject to mask mandates in indoor public spaces.

Everyone else can get back to normal.

Artem likes this.
  8. Fit To Be Tied

Fit To Be Tied Long term member

Retired
    Whidbey Island, Washington
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    To whom ... mindless Wokesters who depend on their bible, The New York Slimes, for their talking points and as a substitute for critical thinking?

Chinese Coronavirus Jab Is Far More Dangerous Than Advertised
    According to a September 2021 analysis published in the medical journal, Toxicology Reports, based on conservative, best-case scenarios, the Chinese Coronavirus jabs have killed five times more seniors (65+) than the actual. infection. The report concludes:
    A novel best-case scenario cost-benefit analysis showed very conservatively that there are five times the number of deaths attributable to each inoculation vs those attributable to COVID-19 in the most vulnerable 65+ demographic.

The risk of death from COVID-19 decreases drastically as age decreases, and the longer-term effects of the inoculations on lower age groups will increase their risk-benefit ratio, perhaps substantially.”

Moreover, in a September 2021 study published in the European Journal of Epidemiology, the researchers found that Chinese Coronavirus case rates are completely unrelated to vaccination rates.

Using data available as of September 3, 2021, from Our World in Data for cross-country analysis, and the White House COVID-19 Team data for U.S. counties, the researchers investigated the relationship between new COVID-19 cases and the percentage of the population that had been fully vaccinated.

Sixty-eight countries were included. Inclusion criteria included second dose vaccine data, COVID-19 case data and population data as of September 3, 2021. They then computed the COVID-19 cases per 1 million people for each country, and calculated the percentage of population that was fully vaccinated.

According to the authors, there was “no discernable relationship between percentage of population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases in the last seven days.” If anything, higher vaccination rates were associated with a slight increase in cases. According to the authors:

“[T]he trend line suggests a marginally positive association such that countries with higher percentage of population fully vaccinated have higher COVID-19 cases per 1 million people.”

See:
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S221475002100161X

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10654-021-00808-7#Sec4

Lazlo Toth and L-u-c-y like this.
  9. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    HEAR YE ... HEAR YE ... HEAR YE!

The Patron Saint of Wuhan and Mindless Wokesters Has Spoken:

Lord Fauci Now Proclaims
    8AD5927A-81B0-4E7D-938B-4D887F441306.jpeg

Dr. Fauci on Sunday told CBS “Sunday Morning” senior contributor Ted Koppel (I didn’t think he was still alive) that there’s a “misplaced perception” about people’s rights superseding “societal safety.”

And this is precisely why Fauci, an unelected bureaucrat (and sociopath), should NEVER have been put in a position to make decisions for the American people!

Dianna1395, subrick and Lazlo Toth like this.
  10. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    #810 L-u-c-y, Nov 16, 2021

We have pandered to you bedwetters now for a year and a half. You will never be satisfied.

We did all your lockdowns, we wore your masks.

I didn't cheat, I obeyed the rules.

You've all had numerous vaccines.

Now fucking get on with your lives and stop telling us what to do!

Dianna1395, subrick and jrrydex2 like this.
  11. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    No comment on this?

"Gibraltar, with a vaccination rate of almost 100%, is cancelling Christmas festivities due to the increase in COVID cases.
    Pretty hard pinning this on the unvaxxed when there aren’t any."

subrick and Lazlo Toth like this.
  12. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    A9A1C22C-4710-42A7-9DA3-B6ED25BDEC75.jpeg
    7CC94363-532B-4189-A604-69AEF016FB50.png

Can’t wait for the New York Slimes to explain this one ... so that I’ll know how to think!

In the mean time ... Here’s a thought — Maybe the vaccines don’t work?

subrick, Lazlo Toth and L-u-c-y like this.
  13. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Thank you for pointing this out. I was wondering how the Chinese jab was turning out. Given the observed ethics of the nation, I am not surprised their shots kill more than the other ones.

14. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Papers Please!! ... Mach Schnell!!

Police Begin Checking Vaccine Passports to Enforce Austria’s Dystopian Lockdown For The Unvaccinated
    E3F1481C-C9BE-4524-9951-B2FD3252A4A3.jpeg
    4F962984-803C-4858-8485-08304746FD35.jpeg
    6A6816D3-A631-4DC2-8506-DCD389C7C2BA.jpeg
    Austria ... the birth place of Der Fuhrer ... announced on Sunday, that the government was implementing a nationwide lockdown for unvaccinated individuals that would restrict anyone who has not taken the jab from leaving their homes for almost any reason! Over 2 million Austrians were affected by the mandate. If any of them are caught outside their homes – for pretty much anything other than going to work or grocery shopping – they will face heavy fines of up to 3,600 Euros for each violation, which is equivalent to about $4,100. The genetic therapy compliance rate in Austria is about 64%. Apparently not good enough for the TYRANTS.

Dianna1395 and Lazlo Toth like this.
  15. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    Surely this must be the black death and not a virus which 99.85% of people survive.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  16. good2fun

good2fun Long term member

Local Time:
    11:41 PM
    Two counties in Austria prepare for triage due to shortage of ICU capacity.
    0,15% death toll? What is about non covid cases needing ICU? No skiing?

17. good2fun

good2fun Long term member

Local Time:
    The fine is 1450€. If your keyboard has no ü you can use ‚ue‘ instead. It is really pronounced differently.

18. Her Dividend

Local Time:
    This is false and misleading. Remember, you get vaccinated to protect yourself, but more importantly to protect others more at risk of death and severe outcomes.

Also, why would anyone want to suffer from any of the following:

YES, most people will have mild symptoms and get better on their own. But about 1 in 6 will have severe problems, such as trouble breathing. The odds of more serious symptoms are higher if you're older or have another health condition like diabetes or heart disease.

REMEMBER More than one in four COVID-19 patients develop long-haul symptoms lasting for months – even if they had mild cases, according to a handful of studies that have emerged recently.

CONSIDER THAT One 2021 studyTrusted Source of 2,904 adults with COVID-19 found that the average recovery time was 16 days after infection. However, recovery times will vary from case to case

At a minimum, reduce the time you are sick. BONUS, protect others by boosting your immunity through vaccination.

Be part of the solution.

Don't waste your time ranting at the establishment and peddling alternative facts.

Get vaccinated.

Artem likes this.
  19. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    WE'RE NOT GOING TO DO WHAT YOU WANT.

GET USED TO IT.

Dianna1395 likes this.
  20. Byrdie

Byrdie Junior Member
    Verified Female

Seattle, WA - USA
    Local Time:
    Either did Typhoid Mary. We all see how well that turned out.

21. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    #821 L-u-c-y, Nov 16, 2021
    You are all typhoid mary's, it's possible the vaccines are making things worse, it certainly appears to be that way.

"Gibraltar, with a vaccination rate of almost 100%, is cancelling Christmas festivities due to the increase in COVID cases."

It's looking like if the unvaccinated vanished off the face of the earth the vaccinated would still continue to have a record number of cases.

Curiouser and curiouser...

Dianna1395 and Lazlo Toth like this.
  22. FetishTools

FetishTools Manufacturer

Switzerland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    COVIBDSM19 ! (this thing is for sado-masochists)

23. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    COVID1984

Dianna1395 and FetishTools like this.
  24. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    You are right, BUT not exactly: Austria's health ministry says anyone who violates the lockdown for the unvaccinated could be fined €500 ($572), while a penalty of €1,450 ($1,642.00) could be incurred for refusing to participate in the checks by the Austrian Gestapo. $1,642.00 + $572.00 = $2,214.00. I’m sorry for the error .... definitely not $4,100 in fines ... BUT $2,214.00 isn’t exactly chump change!

See:
    https://at.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59283128

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  25. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    The propaganda job that has been done on you will be looked back on as a masterclass on how to do it. One of their greatest moves was making you despise anyone with a different opinion.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice