The next stage in my journey: learning by observing Female submission

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by SubSnuggler, Nov 2, 2020.

Random Thread
  1. SubSnuggler

SubSnuggler Owned by Mistress2and4you

USA
    Local Time:
    10:01 AM
    It's not a clickbait title, but you will have to stick with me for a bit lol.

I've lived in FLR with my Wife for several years now, and it's been a constant journey of struggle and self-learning. When I first chose to submit, I had this ridiculous vision of total slavery to my Wife that I just shake my head at now. I learned that wasn't going to happen and decided to take what I could get...

Take what I could get!?! That's ridiculous! That led me to my first great lesson in submission. It's not what I want, it's what she wants. Yeah, it sounds dumb, but I'm a guy and it took me a while to figure that out. Yes, it took me months to figure out what most everyone here intuitively knew already. Sigh. However, I grabbed onto that thought, tied a knot in it and held onto it with all my might. I knew I had made a step forward and I didn't want to lose it.

Now, figuring that out, and actually doing it, well, that's another story. It probably took me another year to get to the next stage: Letting Her do what she wants, and accepting it. It's that second part -acceptance- that was the trick for me. It's easy to just shrug your shoulders and think, "Yeah, let the girl do it, it's all part of this submission thing, but I'm gonna let her know I disagree and be all bitchy about it." Yeah....no. It can't work that way.

Acceptance has been the great evolutionary stage for me. Acceptance that she knows best, acceptance that I do the chores She gives me without complaint, acceptance that I get only the kink She gifts, acceptance that my role as a leader will never return. Acceptance that I am to support, to give, and to carry out. Acceptance that I'm not a thinker in this relationship, I'm a doer.

As I journeyed along this acceptance path I realized that there is personal acceptance as above, and later, PUBLIC acceptance. This is when I made that step towards acting one way at all times. I can't be alpha boy at the social gathering and a dutiful sub at home, I have to be a dutiful sub for Her at all times and all places. Strangely, this was a bit easier for me than the personal acceptance. I guess I'm just spoiled and I had to learn some humility along the way.

An evolution of the acceptance route is acceptance of the future. While this is a happy step, it's still one that came at me rather suddenly. Not that I wish it, but there will never be freedom for me. I will kneel before Her and pledge fealty to Her every day for the rest of my days. Acceptance that I will never enjoy the embrace of another woman - I will stay locked and only ever remove my chastity device when She bids it. My Mistress has made it plain that as we grow old together, my path will be harder, not easier. Our positions in authority will grow ever farther apart. We will retire to the place of Her choosing, and live the life of Her choosing. My role in that life will be entirely of service to Her and those She wishes me to entertain. And my role as a sub will be possibly be more public than ever, as She intends to further her own journey as a Domme in a public way. I think my acceptance of this brings a personal validation that this life I chose for myself is indeed the life I want, or otherwise I would want to end my journey here. This is the happiest step, and possibly the scariest step so far. I will be the non-decider in the relationship forever.

So now I've come to a stage I recently decided to call Docility. This is where my acceptance becomes pure and my following of Mistress' will becomes joy. I fully accept my role as in my relationship, and realize this was never a burden, it is a journey toward being the best person I can be. It is being led towards release- not confinement. I am now released from my inner turmoil, my self-doubt, and my arrogance. I can now be selfless and open to making the love of my life the happiest person She can be, and by doing so, I can also be happy. It is very much a religious time for me. As a person opens themselves to be a tool for doing good, I try to be that selfless person filled with charity as well. As a husband, I've always felt deep love for my Wife, as a submissive I feel entirely devoted to Her in a way very few men can.

So now I've come to the title of this thread. I want to be a great submissive. I think that I should be proactive and not rely only on Mistress instruction but look to what I can learn from others. And I realized that perhaps unironically, women are the best teachers. For centuries, millennia even, women have selflessly given all of themselves to their men. I don't mean in the BDSM way, I mean in a devotion-for-life way. They have followed their men across continents, given of themselves, given birth, raised children, and run households and done it all without a last name or even a first name. So many women are lost to time but they have collectively done so very much for all of us.

I got a letter yesterday, sent to "Mr. and Mrs. Sub Snuggler." It hit me like a slap in the face. How do I get this distinction of a first and a last name on this hand-written letter, while my Miss does not? She is the one that runs this house, I'm the one told to check the mail for Her. I was so deeply hurt by this. By distinction of my gender, I get a name but She does not. Suddenly I saw how unfair this was. It was a moment of deep clarity of the gender differences society imposes on us.

Despite this, or maybe because of this, women have this purity of heart that all men should emulate. For most women it is not necessary to have that envelope addressed to them. They follow their leader, they give their undying love, and give all they have, washing his underwear and picking up his socks, and asking for nothing but a hug and a kiss. They hug him when he lost his job, and they lie under him and allow him penetration after 12 beers and a football game with his dumb jock friends. This is love, this is life, and this is the kind of deep humility that I find inspiring and can only hope to live up to. This is a simple lesson that every woman can teach. The actions are easy but the goodwill behind it are monumental. I want to say thank you to every woman out there and let them know they are the very best gender. Whether in dominance or submission, women are without a doubt the best at what they do.

I know for so many of you these lessons are obvious and perhaps didn't need to be written down, but thank you for listening to me.

TLDR; as a man I want to be a good submissive when I am surrounded by great women who can teach me by example.

bondinchas, MissyB, Calibob and 14 others like this.
  2. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    11:01 AM
    What a f*****g great post. There's so much to learn, and I will try to learn from you.

SubSnuggler likes this.
  3. LukeVallentine

LukeVallentine Long term member

EU
    Local Time:
    6:01 PM
    An interesting read, thank you.

SubSnuggler likes this.
  4. MrsBR_Saiph

MrsBR_Saiph Hotwife & Keyholder
    Verified Female

Ontario, Canada
    Local Time:
    A beautiful post @SubSnuggler, you honour your wife and your relationship. I would like to address the name comment. In my real life I kept my name. I couldn't change my name and become someone else overnight as a result of marriage. It made no sense and I certainly did not belong to my husband. All that being said when I joined CM my @BR_Saiph was already a member and he was a writer under that name. BR and I talked about the name Mrs BR and he was uncomfortable with the choice as he was concerned about it being perceived as a submissive choice. I gotta say I have no regrets in this choice. I am not submissive to him. Choosing this name symbolized my willingness to join him on this journey he has presented me with. I am proud to own this name and the life it represents. We are two parts of the same being, always joined always together.
    Best wishes Mr & Mrs SubSnuggler:love:

5. BR_Saiph

BR_Saiph Self-published author

Canada
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Powerful, and an amazing post.

SubSnuggler likes this.
  6. SubSnuggler

USA
    Local Time:
    I love it! I love the story behind your screen names! It's clear that you two are living the dream!

MissyB, BR_Saiph and MrsBR_Saiph like this.
  7. Xileh

Xileh Happily Serving

Local Time:
    8:01 AM
    Very nice post. Sincerely thought out and expressed.

It is easy for us all to repeat your quote, but it takes some experience to understand what it really means. It takes longer to actually do it well.

To understand what she wants, can you ask her how you can improve, rather than emulating someone else?

bondinchas and SubSnuggler like this.
  8. HusbandX

HusbandX Long term member

Local Time:
    4:01 PM
    The wife of a friend made a poignant observation to me years ago. She sent me a letter that had a return address sticker with just her name. Not her husband. I asked about it.

She said, "It's not really something you think about, but I'm Mrs. Tom Xavier. Not Elaine Exavier. Not Ellie. Not Elaine Clemmens, my maiden nme. Everything in my life is about. being Mrs. Xavier. It's a big thing, this little sticker, that has my name on it. It's me. A little victory. My identity. It may seem strange to you, but that is my breath of fresh air."

Elaine passed away from breast cancer years ago, but I've never forgotten her comments.

It's the little things, she said. It's the little things.

9. LockitMan

LockitMan Lifestyle service submissive/slave/sissy maid

Retired
    New York
    Local Time:
    Maybe men feel a need for D/s and bdsm in an attempt to experience this emotional quality they observe and admire in women.

Rectrix and SubSnuggler like this.
  10. KittensProperty

KittensProperty Kitten's Happy Property

Retired (Twice) 20 yrs Marine and 22 yrs Mail Man
    Texas Hill Country
    Local Time:
    Beautifully written and a lesson all men should pay attention to, in a submissive role or not.

SubSnuggler likes this.
  11. Cortes

Cortes New member

Local Time:
    5:01 PM
    Passion, dévotion, soumission .... Magnifique éloge à femme ! Très beau texte.

12. Calibob

Calibob Member

Anaheim, Ca
    Local Time:
    8:01 AM
    Wow.... great post, and thank you for helping me think! Your description of the phases you have experienced during your Journey's is very similar to the ones I have experienced in ours. Certainly, I could relate.

Putting aside my large ego has been a difficult obstacle. And it was not too long ago that I realized that just putting aside my ego was not going to get me where I personally want to go. I finally figured out that I can't just put aside my ego, because it is just too easy to pull it out and wear it when I want to. My ego needs to be tossed in the trash if I am to succeed in surrendering and submitting to my wife.

And yes, just as you described, tossing my ego in the trash means a much greater public exposure of the depth of my submission to her. I believe that by donning even remnants of my old ego in public that I am hindering her leadership. Also, as you related, I know I will be humbled by doing so. Strangely, I kind of like my submissiveness being outed piece by piece. Because my goal is to become more and more "responsively submissive", each time I am outed it is like a victory for me. Twice this week I had the chance to enjoy victories. Once, this weekend, when my wife explained to our son and daughter in law the advantages of me giving her foot massages each night; and secondly, this evening, when my neighbor came over to discuss a home improvement project that I am doing, he saw the table I had set, and asked me what I had prepared for dinner. This same guy is very aware now that I must ask my wife for permission to do things that I would have previously just done without previously including her in my plans.

I am committed to becoming a better submissive partner, and am working on nurturing my character to be more mild and kinder. I struggle with asking for permission, particularly in public settings, but this is something that I am working on. "May I" are two words that are becoming a larger part of my vocabulary, and accepting her answer without recourse is becoming more my norm. One area that I definitely need to work on is becoming more apologetic, and quicker to apologize. This is one particular portion of my ego that needs to be tossed in the trash, and most likely needs shredded before doing so. and the sooner the better.

Your use of the word "Docility" hit home with me. I like that term as it relates to the overall manner I would like to have with my wife. I think that she would like my interactions with her to be more "playfully docile" as we do like to banter on about this or that. As long as at the end of things she knows I am on board with her that would be highly acceptable to her. But I love that term and I yearn to get to that phase.

You say, "My Mistress has made it plain that as we grow old together, my path will be harder, not easier. Our positions in authority will grow ever farther apart" . My M has not made the same statement to me, but over time she has made clear statements as to what it is she will no longer do in terms of housework, stating that those are my jobs now. And, I expect, that as I continue to grow in submission, her position of authority will naturally grow. I firmly believe in the phrase "Practice makes Perfect". And I know for her to gain a greater confidence in herself that I need to be a practicing submissive husband. And that cannot be part time, it must be full time.

Thanks again for a great post, and for giving me food for thought.

MissyB, Rectrix and SubSnuggler like this.
  13. SubSnuggler

USA
    Local Time:
    Calibob, thank you for a great comment. Partners in a great quest it seems. I wish you the best in becoming the person you and your wife deserve, although truthfully it seems if you are already there and polishing the gem you already are.

Rectrix and Calibob like this.
  14. Guest 6019

Guest 6019 Long term member

Local Time:
    Very well thought through. Best post I have read. Thank you for that, I couldn't agree more.

15. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    Very well written post, thanks for posting.

16. MissyB

MissyB Long term member

maid, (I wish)
    Tennessee hills
    Local Time:
    Your marriage and life styles are certainly one to applauded and emulate if possible. Being so committed to serving your wife and being a good example of a submissive male is not easy but you have seen the rewards. Good luck and enjoy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice