Anxiety Meds

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by shannonsanders, Aug 5, 2020.

Random Thread
  1. shannonsanders

shannonsanders Long term member

Local Time:
    1:33 AM
    Does anyone have side affects from depression or anxiety meds and how have you dealt with them?

I am worried I will lose desire for chastity play if I go on one.

Guest 3972 likes this.
  2. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    7:33 AM
    The irony is the most common side effect is the inability to orgasm, or ejaculate! No reduction in horniness. Well, it was 20 years ago when I was on anxiety medication, it might have changed now.

njcuckold and Ron33 like this.
  3. shannonsanders

Local Time:
    How did that feel for you?

If I were still horny, I could deal with It for a while. My wife said that we should get me off one last time before starting. Then expect long term denial. If the drop in libido is psychological in response to ED, I think we could manage the ED. I don’t want to just lose desire.

4. Thomas Gangman

Thomas Gangman Long term member

IT Consultant
    Northern New Jersey USA
    Local Time:
    2:33 AM
    On additional thing is slowing down the metabolism and could result in weight game. The key is to keep exercising, don’t use food as a crutch, and monitor all parts of your physical and mental well being.

5. shannonsanders

Local Time:
    Thanks. I lost a lot of weight the last 2 years with very vigorous exercise. This was controlling anxiety until recent difficulties (some of which we are all experiencing). I am considering this to try to get through the next few months.

I've had problems with anxiety my whole life, but thought I had it under control until the last few months.

I am really worried about gaining weight.

6. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    It was positively infuriating! I had no drop in libido, I could still get a hard on in a second, but I just could not cum at all!!!! The one night I actually masterbated for nearly 4 hours! And still nothing!
    This was before I found my madam and chastity.

njcuckold and shannonsanders like this.
  7. Jessica Alexander

Jessica Alexander Trans woman not a mistress or Dom

Houston
    Local Time:
    Paroxatine/Paxil is probably the worst one. Side effects are always dose dependent so research side effects on different SSRIs and take minimum dose needed.

shannonsanders likes this.
  8. SubSnuggler

SubSnuggler Owned by Mistress2and4you

USA
    Local Time:
    I was on Zoloft for several years, until recently. It definitely heightened my submissive state and I felt more submissive on the drug. ED was a problem. I could get it up, and I could orgasm, but it took a lot more stimulation for both. Miss was understanding. She felt that keeping me in a good mental state (one without constant anxiety attacks) was worth it.

I finally am in a much better place in life so I quit the drug. My Miss loves penetration so she was thrilled when I got off Zoloft. I'm still having some issues with ED but I think that may be more due to age than after-effects. I'm 48. I can definitely get it up easier. Orgasm is waaaay easier, almost TOO easy lol.

9. shannonsanders

Local Time:
    I think I could cope with something like that for several months. I wouldn’t want to be on it forever. I’ve had trouble with anxiety for a long time and was in a good place the last few years. I am more worried about losing the “lifestyle” aspects of what we do than sex per se. If we did more “lifestyle” actives and further moved away from PIV for a few months, I could live with it.

Mistress raised me having one “last” orgasm and then going in long term chastity at least until a “transition period” is over. If I lose interest in chastity, that would be difficult. She takes celexa herself. Maybe removing even pressure of PIV (we don’t have it that much) could be a good thing if we still connect physically.

10. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    11:33 PM
    The class of anti anxiety drugs called "benzodiazepines" can be extremely dangerous to use. They are highly addictive and can be deadly if you don't properly wean yourself off of them. Xanax is one of them.

11. shannonsanders

Local Time:
    Thanks - i have taken Klonopin which is similar to Xanax but less risky - and idea here is to take something like an SSRI to reduce need for Klonopin and take something long lasting. So, I’d be getting off a Benzo.

12. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    11:33 PM
    Shannon, I am glad you are aware. Thanks for saying something.

13. Guest 1101

Guest 1101 Active member

Local Time:
    12:33 AM
    I can say from firsthand experience that Citalopram makes ejaculation very difficult to achieve. I get right to the edge and then I can’t push the last step to finish. My doctor added Bupropion as it is supposed to have low sexual side effects and even counteract the problems from Citalopram. It helps with that only marginally.

I can also say from first hand experience that SSRIs can cause huge weight gains. The doctors said Bupropion was supposed to help lose weight, but apparently the generic version does the opposite. I gained over 70 pounds and am now moving forward with having gastric bypass.

Ron33 likes this.
  14. SubSnuggler

SubSnuggler Owned by Mistress2and4you

USA
    Local Time:
    For those of us suffering with anxiety, I can share a couple tips that worked for me.

Teach your loved one how to help you deal with anxiety attacks. For me it was closeness (a constant hug or even a hand hold) along with just random gentle talking. It didn't matter what they said, just that they had a stream of words I could latch on to and concentrate on.

Learn a breathing technique like the 3 deep breath technique.

Find a happy memory you can focus on to take the edge off with (your honeymoon, or a camping trip, etc)

Finally, develop a quiet place you can always go to for solitude. Use that place to meditate when you need a moment to rest mentally before going back into the world again. I set aside a room in our home just for that, and it's off limits to everyone but my Miss.

Isopropylforyou and homebody like this.
  15. LockitMan

LockitMan Lifestyle service submissive/slave/sissy maid

Retired
    New York
    Local Time:
    SSRI antidepressants will reduce or kill your sex drive so I'd be very careful. And they dont really do much for depression either. The whole chemical imbalance thing was invented by the pharmaceutical industry to boost sales, but it has no basis in fact.

Guest 3972 and Lazlo Toth like this.
  16. Headtrip

Headtrip Long term member

Midwest USA
    Local Time:
    Took a light dose of Lexapro for 5 mos and have had mild ED ever since (can cum but only after a while and right conditions). Chastity has made Margaritas out of those lemons though - she can spend hours frustrating me with a few drops of numbing spray or put me over the edge in seconds with the right setup. She knows how to work me.

296512741 and njcuckold like this.
  17. Mimi

Mimi Long term member

House maid
    UK
    Local Time:
    I suffer with prolapsed discs and on the really bad isues i use Amitriptyline which in large doses is mainly for depression but in lower doses it relaxes muscles and helps me sleep thru the night . I dont use it a lot maybe only for the first month of recovery but one side affect i get is it knocks my sex drive out completely. Thankfully i only suffer a prolapsed disc roughly every 4 years. I do take 3 other drugs as well of which 2 of them are class 1 here in the UK And yes there are all prescribed

18. horse

horse Junior Member

Local Time:
    #18 horse, Aug 9, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    I think that's misleading,
    SRRI's were intended to stabilise an emotional state to help people control their anxiety, it was never a cure for depression, but they do help significantly in the management of it and with the associated CBT (the therapy, not the fetish...)

19. horse

horse Junior Member

Local Time:
    Yes they do make it nigh on impossible to orgasm, but there is some noticeable reduction in libido.
    It probably depends on the dosage, but the effect is a numbing of the emotions so you do lose a lot of interest. Equally you are not that bothered by this either.

I didn't notice any significant weight gain, nor any side effects from stopping, YMMV

I'd suggest role-playing this as an 'enforced chemical castration', that she is the one making you take these pills against your will - your brain might respond to this idea in a submissive way and achieve much the same effect as a chastity device, particularly if she displays delight at your inability to cum.

20. alansub

alansub New member

Local Time:
    3:33 AM
    Hey, i would like how people deal with the inability to orgasm as side effect of medicines? You get tired at some point trying it? I know it is not a desire effect, but in a denial forum, anything interesting on it?

21. LockitMan

Retired
    New York
    Local Time:
    The jury has been out on antidepressants for years and their cover blown. They're no better than placebo, the initial data was faked and that first prozac book on the best sellers list was paid for by the drug manufacturer. They invented the "chemical imbalance" theory to boost sales. And it was all a scam.
    I'm just going by the published data. The data doctors conveniently ignore.

Now if you're gonna kill yourself then sure, some zoloft will crush your affect and level your mood enough that soon you wont want to do much of anything. But either version of cbt will probably do you more good and less harm than taking those drugs.

22. Guest 1101

Guest 1101 Active member

Local Time:
    12:33 AM
    SSRIs have not been simply a placebo for me. I have tried to stop many times, and as the meds slowly clear my bloodstream I begin to have more problems coping. For me it is a mix of depression and extreme outbursts of rage. I have had to patch holes in walls. Certainly these drugs are over prescribed, but there are some of us who they actually work for.

23. LockitMan

Retired
    New York
    Local Time:

I've never had exactly that but I was on SSRI's for a while and they just make you lose interest in everything after a while. And yes it was harder to get it up and cum, but still possible. And anxiety meds like Benzo's (xanax. Valium) dont stop anything from what I know. I've had sex with them but that was more recreational, and I was a lot younger. Lol

24. LockitMan

Retired
    New York
    Local Time:

Well then imo you are in the second category because no one should have to live that way and you could hurt yourself so, take them, but look for the final answer and healing elsewhere. Because that's surely where it is...
    Best of luck though. I wish you well, I wish you healed o brother kinkster. Hey, have you tried cbt? :+1:

25. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    I think we agree.

These meds are insanely powerful and do much more than we currently understand. The scary part is that they’re handed out like candy.

When an antidepressant has warnings that they may cause suicidal thoughts that’s a serious problem.

Now I don’t want anyone to II get what I’m saying wrong. I’m not against them. In fact, I agree with LockitMan that those who really need them need to use them. What I’m saying is these are super powerful drugs that need to be researched, and discussed with your doctor(s).

Its my opinion that they should be a last resort and only when really needed. And this should be determined not by one visit but by a real examination and a treatment plan. One that includes lifestyle changes, diet, exercise, and such.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice