New combination padlock without seeing it

Discussion in 'Online chastity and self locking' started by sweetslave655, Mar 7, 2020.

1. sweetslave655

sweetslave655 Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    12:04 PM
    Hi everyone,

I'm alone here so I can't find a way to change the combination (and taking a pic) without see it of a three digit combination padlock.
    I've also a good memory...

Thank You in advance for any suggestions or advices..

John likes this.
  2. Anonoman

Anonoman Long term member

Local Time:
    11:04 AM
    Why don’t you blind fold your self, set your phone to be recording video and then set a random combination by feel? Doing it quickly should result in only a very short clip that could be sent to somebody else...

3. sweetslave655

sweetslave655 Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
  4. Audrey_CD

Audrey_CD Long term member

Volunteer
    Gloucestershire in the UK
    Local Time:
    I use a webcam with a pieoce of tape of the relevent part of the screen. Allows you to ensure the lock is in the picture and the picture is properly focused.

5. sweetslave655

sweetslave655 Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Ty so much Audrey_CD for your suggestion... I'll try it

6. amvetsb

amvetsb Long term member

Network Infrastructure Engineer
    USA - Mid-Atlantic
    Local Time:
    6:04 AM
    For realtor boxes I use a flatbed scanner with a tested and reliable set of settings. I have a heavy dark towel draped over the scanner to prevent any light from getting in from the open edges. The 'preview' is too small to see the digits and the 'area selected' allows for excess space above the digits so when the final image is displayed, the combo is off the screen. The only time I 'look' at anything is after the dials have been randomly spun is from the side to show the grooves above and below the numbers are aligned.
    I use a similar method for padlocks typically used for securing bondage gear. The locks I use are larger than would fit for securing a chastity device so the lid cannot be closed. For these, I use the same towel method but just wrap it around the lock covering the exposed glass.
    For either method of image capture, those pre-set settings (contrast/brightness and resolution) and position on the scanner have never failed to provide a clear image and keep the image size reasonable for uploading or emailing depending on the circumstances.
    Not everyone has a scanner, but I don't see why the same concept wouldn't work using a phone or camera with a few trial test images, just keep the same resolution/flash settings/etc, and the same environment.
    To be on the safe side, a simple object or note can be placed in a visible part of the image to insure clearity, either in the scanner concept I use or with tape over the screen as @Audrey_CD suggested.

7. Muzzo4you

Muzzo4you Bored and looking to find a play partner

NC, USA
    Local Time:
    6:04 AM
    Give the ChastiKey app a try. If you like, hit me up and I'll be your KH

NightA likes this.
  8. sweetslave655

sweetslave655 Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
  9. trenck

trenck Active member

Local Time:
    First of all, three digits are certainly not enough. You can try all combinations within an hour. Better use a padlock with a barrel lock and put the key(s) in a keysafe with 4 or 5 digits.

Changing the combination without looking is easy for padlocks as well as for keysafes. (If you use a keysafe, keep in mind to switch the lever to fix the combination.) The critical step is to take the photo.

I use a camera (not a phone), in makro mode, so I can hold it very close. I use the builtin LED light to avoid glare. I don't look directly at the display. I only look in a similar direction to check whether the numbers are within the picture and whether the camera gets the focus (green rectangle). The fact that the numbers are upside down when the keysafe is open also helps not to read the combination.

I can check the area and focus once again after copying the file to the computer. I open it with a graphics viewer and hold my hand over the middle area so I only see the edges of the panel.

When I mistakenly see a digit in any of these steps, I start over from the beginning.

Don't forget to delete the photos from the camera and the computer after uploading.

Some online keyholding sites such as thechaste.com offer free validation (verification) service after uploading. You wait for your keyholder or a site verifier to check if the combination is readable. Only then you delete the photo from your harddisk.

10. cogman

cogman Long term member

Business owner
    Australia - Sydney
    Local Time:
    8:04 PM
    When I was self locking a long long time ago, I bought a cheap safe from a DIY store (about $25), had a 8 digit combination press button, Id run a random number generator on the internet and generate about 20 8 digit numbers. I would set the combination by randomly selecting one of the numbers. I found that if I purposefully did not memorize the number as I punched it I wouldn't remember it . then Id take a picture of that list and store that in whatever chastity app i was using :) Obviously the keys went in the safe as well as the paper list

Carumbad likes this.
  11. sweetslave655

sweetslave655 Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
  12. suzy maid

suzy maid Member

England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    "time lock for images" android app is good.
    I use it with a 4 barrel combination padlock.
    The app works with the phone's camera and but blanks the centre of the viewfinder image that one sees while taking the picture. It gives a sharpness rating as a percentage so a blurred picture can be retaken before the tumblers are shuffled.
    Well worth a try.

Carumbad, Zipper650 and amvetsb like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice