Measuring Tube Diameter

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by Chatt Cage, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Chatt Cage

Chatt Cage New member

Local Time:
    6:25 AM
    I've got the measuring rings and the only one I'm really hesitant about is the inside diameter measurement.

I'm a grower and just a little over 8 inches hard and pretty thick with 6 inches diameter when hard. I want to get it right cause I'm kinda scared I'll really be hurting should I get hard.

So basically my main question is how are you supposed to get the measuring ring around the shaft? The only way to get it on is for me to pull my penis away from my body and then slip the ring on and than basically makes me slightly hard and I can't really tell if its too tight. I'm also not sure if me stretching my penis out is making it thinner and I'm going to buy too small. The problem is when I'm soft I have a bit of "wrinkly" skin (probably due to the giant size difference) so i can't really just slip the sizing ring on without effort. What happens if you get too small a diameter vs too large?

Right now I'm looking at the following measurements:

Length: between 2" to 2(1/4)" ... usually measure 3 inches but I know i get smaller based on previous devices I've worn. Actually debating going even smaller to 1(7/8).
    Gap: going with the standard 3/8"
    A ring: either 1(3/4)" or 1(7/8)" ... I might just get both as this usually caused me pain
    Inside diameter: 1(1/8)" or 1(1/4)"... just worried this might be too tight. Don't know how to measure it.

Sorry if this is stupid question, I just want to make sure I'm measuring correctly as the inside diameter is the one you can't have adjusted. Let me know if you don't understand how I've been trying to measure the shaft.

2. Charleston

Charleston Active member

Machinist
    South west Louisiana
    Local Time:
    12:25 AM
    It’s not a dumb question at all, actually I goofed on that measurement and am still trying to figure out exactly what to do to remedy the situation. Luckily I may have my device sold but it was still an expensive mistake. Erring on the small side did not work in my favor

3. mistressmaturemetal

Texas
    Local Time:
    11:25 PM
    We have found when choosing your cage inside diameter with the sizing rings it is best to try this.
    Put the ring on that your think will fit you best. Then watch TV or do something that will take your mind off of it. It is very important that you are at your normal flaccid state. Then just look down. The ring should just indent the skin. If there is any extra space then the ring is too big.
    Hope that helps!!!

4. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    I'd like to point out that you say you say you are pretty thick with 6 inches diameter.
    I believe you are either meaning circumference and not diameter otherwise you probably need a manager.

I'd also drop the pretty thick.. it may be considered by some to be description of a quite different attribute

Be sure of what you are actually measuring and what you are labeling those measurements ...if in doubt i suggest draw a diagram.

5. kcuck5280

kcuck5280 Active member

Local Time:
    The ring should just touch when totally limp. I made the common mistake of ordering too big of a diameter. Try some ice water if you are having trouble keeping flaccid for measuring. Also, don’t order too long of a cage if you are a grower... err on the shorter side.

6. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    If you’re circumcised you could measure the way I did. The diameter that I picked was the one where the ring just slid over the widest part of the glans.

That happened to be the smallest ring so obviously I’m not thick (hopefully not in either sense of the word), but even if a smaller size had been available I think I would have gone with the one I did.

In daily wear, what it means is that my glans is lightly pressed into the ring and the bars forward of it, so that when the cage comes off for cleaning/inspection, there are light indentations from the bars. Very comfortable, but always at the edge of my consciousness to remind me that I’m caged. :)

7. Charleston

Charleston Active member

Machinist
    South west Louisiana
    Local Time:
    I am pretty much in the same boat. Do you have any issues with your device sliding down?

8. boisub

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    As in sliding down the shaft? Yes and no. The base ring has more ability to slide up and down on the rear part of my scrotum than the front, so as it moves around during the day my balls change position but the front part of the cage stays pretty much in place. I hope that makes sense, and I hope I’m actually answering the question you asked.

That said, though, I have always been somewhat of a “turtler,” more so as I’ve gotten older (and heavier), and I’m absolutely certain that I could pull out of the back, at least in the shower.

However, and this has been a surprise for me, I have never felt even the slightest temptation to do so, even when I’m totally frustrated. My first cage was a Looker 2 with a urethral insert, which I wanted partly for sensation but also because I thought I’d need that extra security to really get into the headspace of being caged. That turned out not to be the case.

Charleston likes this.
  9. Charleston

Charleston Active member

Machinist
    South west Louisiana
    Local Time:
    That answers my question
    that pretty much answers my question. If I go to the size that I can just get my glans through, it would not grip my shaft. The last one I ordered fit my shaft but my glans was sticking out and rubbing my underwear. I couldn’t wear it for 5 min. However I realized I got it about a half inch too short so that probably compounded the problem.

10. boisub

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    I meant to add, in my previous post, that the cage actually does a really good job of preventing turtling. I could pull out the back if I wanted, but it would take a conscious effort. It would not be something that could happen accidentally.

11. satyr_returns

satyr_returns Active member

IT Manager
    Philadelphia, PA
    Local Time:
    1:25 AM
    I am working on the same question, and got advice from Mature Metal today; though I'd like to hear from some with real experience.

With the sizing rings, ring #2 is difficult to get my head through -- i have to stuff it -- but fits snugly and not tightly on my shaft. Based on MM advice, that would be the one to get. Ring #3 brushes against my glans when going over the head, and then is not snug around the shaft.

This is the one measurement that cannot be adjusted easily. So my concern is if I choose ring #2 size, will I have trouble stuffing my head into the device? The rest of me will follow with little problem.

12. boisub

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    #2 sounds right to me. The sizing ring is the same size as the base ring of the cage, so the actual bars of the cage are just slightly farther apart, since they’re smaller and join with the center of the ring’s surface. Once the glans is through the ring, it will be able to move forward more freely, though it may take a bit of prodding to get it all the way in.

13. satyr_returns

satyr_returns Active member

IT Manager
    Philadelphia, PA
    Local Time:
    Thank you. That is exactly what I needed to know -- I feel a little more confident, and yes, the #2 is perfect for the shaft.

I'm taking several measurements as it is possible I might be able to afford a MM device sooner rather than later.

slavesw likes this.
  14. locked in chastity

locked in chastity Active member

Local Time:
    Glad I just read these comments on this as for my birthday my girlfriend has agreed on a new chastity cage. At the moment it is either the jail bird or Queens keep, as its the first properly made chastity cage I want to get it correct in diameter so I think some rings might be the answer.

15. Moores321

Moores321 New member

Local Time:
    Hi, trying to finalize my fit. I have your sizing ring and my situation is that when flaccid my head is slightly large than the shaft. Is this an issue?
    Thanks

16. mistressmaturemetal

Texas
    Local Time:
    The sizing ring should be in contact with your flaccid shaft all around the inside of the ring.
    If you measure for the head, it will be too big for the shaft.
    Thanks
    M MM

rxbuk likes this.
  17. Moores321

Moores321 New member

Local Time:
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice