Great idea! Don’t tell anyone

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Nicoftime, Aug 27, 2019.

Random Thread
  1. locked_top

locked_top Caged tiger

USA
    Local Time:
    1:11 AM
    Really? Half?

2. Disciplined Boyfriend

NE Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    7:11 AM
    But would their man allow it?

3. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    More than likely not long term, convincing a guy to do something and giving it a try isn’t exactly a difficult math problem.

corsac likes this.
  4. Nicoftime

Railroad
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Obviously that is just an expression, just my opinion, and not based on documentation of the many chastity studies that must be flooding the scientific world.

Just a fun thread about noticing the outside world around me, and how our little secret could change things if they only knew, or we were free to share.

Dannysub and corsac like this.
  5. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    2:11 AM
    @Giles_English , I understand where you're going with this, but my contention is that:
    1) Most of these chastity groups (The Mansion and my own forums included) are little self contained bubbles in which there is a lot of reinforcement, and
    2) Most of the members are guilty of some degree (some moreso than others) of psychological projection.

My long time assertion is that chastity devices are a kink which depend upon some degree of "willing suspension of disbelief" in order to work according to the sexual / relationship script that is running in our heads. They won't be accepted into mainstream kink culture until they pass the threshold that blindfolds, cuffs, and paddles have done (and that dildos/ vibrators did earlier on).

Unfortunately, a blind search on "male chastity devices" brings up too many associations with cuckolding, sissification, and humiliation - all of which are common enough on this forum (see my point 1 about the bubble), but have little acceptance among mainstream sexual play.

So.

Until a manufacturer or distributor puts the effort and money into advertising these devices as a fun, couples thing, this kink is going to be something that only appeals to a small number of perverts.

Ajf60, herboi, Slave-boy and 4 others like this.
  6. Dannysub

Dannysub Active member

Self-employed
    France, Paris
    Local Time:
    8:11 AM
    Very interesting perspective!

7. Nicoftime

Railroad
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    One thing I would like to point out, is that none of my past relationships had a clue how often I self pleasured. In fact, when I casually informed my kh how much things have changed, going from well over 350 orgasms a year to less than 20, she was like “really?!”

I’m certainly not saying women don’t self pleasure, I doubt it consumes so much of their time, thoughts, and interest. Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode of “the contest” and Elaine wanted in. They didn’t want her in and said it was like shaving. She said women shave too, and Kramer said “not every day”.

Not to get into the science of the chemical reactions of before and after orgasms, I will say that men are different people after an O, while the act doesn’t seem to have the same reaction from women.

Ajf60, Miffy, corsac and 1 other person like this.
  8. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    I think that a lot of men wudnt let a Lady put a cage on them. Or if they did they wud soon want it tooked off and if the Lady wudnt take it of then they wud go mad and smash it off.

corsac likes this.
  9. keysandlocks

Verified Female

Self Employed/Retired
    English Female
    Local Time:
    Most men Ive spoken to wont even try it.The idea is not kinky to them, just cruel

10. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    Sounds a bit dangerous!

b_quark and Slave to a Goddess like this.
  11. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:11 AM
    Agreed re most of that. Though something like 10-20% of western couples seem to do kink of some kind, so once Chastity does pass that threshold...

Dannysub likes this.
  12. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    Absolutely agree with that most wholeheartedly. Most of my relationships which involved chastity play or lifestyle in someway were with women that most would other wise say were vanilla.

13. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    I think its a matter of perception and the fear of the perception of others if they knew about it. Besides if he 'gives up control' of his so called 'manhood' has he lost it? Al worrying stuff. I'd hazzard at a guess that the popular conception that the more intelligent people are the more likely they are to involve some kind of kink in their lives. And therfore of course the less intelligent are supposedly less likely to do so.

Mathematically on about 75% of the population are of lower intelligence than the higher quartile... read into that and the potential for acceptence of chastity lifestyles what you will

Miffy and Tom Allen like this.
  14. winstonmacgregor

winstonmacgregor Long term member

Local Time:
    It isn't as mainstream as you would hope for due to a lifetime of religious conditioning mixed with a biological need to "fit in" in order to survive with the group. Chastity is viewed as to strange by many if they even know what it is at all. You just have to work hard at being an advocate for chastity and not take it personally when the idea or you get rejected for it. As with many things, once there is a leak in the dam, a flood will follow. Be the leak in the dam.

Miffy likes this.
  15. tecolote

tecolote Long term member

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    11:11 PM
    I don't really feel a need to be an evangelist for chastity. If it becomes mainstream, it might lose some of the appeal for me. But that's not the reason. I just don't see any value in trying to spread the word, because I don't think it's for everyone. Just because it works for some people doesn't mean it's going to work for others.

I might tell certain close friends about it, but probably not. I think most everyone would just think that it was just another weird interest of mine. Some would hold it against me. Maybe one might actually try it, but probably not. Too much risk for very little reward.

b_quark likes this.
  16. Nicoftime

Railroad
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    The reason I started this thread wasn’t really intended on the feasibility of making chastity widespread or mainstream. In my opinion it would have to be a fad or get some sort of major boost for that to happen, and I really don’t see that happening. Even if it did, people would still deny using one, not unlike women don’t really discuss their vibrators yet almost every household has one.

I merely noticed what a great thing I have stumbled on, yet even though many would benefit, it’s still not ok to share its existence. Seeing in real live couples that I know would benefit, seeing first hand that even if they wouldn’t get their current partner to wear one, they would probably attempt it if they had known about it.

Seems like a shame that it isn’t even on mosts radar.

b_quark and Rectrix like this.
  17. winstonmacgregor

winstonmacgregor Long term member

Local Time:
    Nobody talks about owning a vibrator because it is considered to be inappropriate in most circumstances, yet many people do own one. People do discuss such things in private with someone who they trust, and give recommendations. More couples would try chastity if honestly discussed with someone who they know has tried it. A good place to start is to explain it in a way that describes it as a fun, exciting, sort of silly thing to do and not be ashamed of. With the right audience, they will see a couple who does chastity as interesting or adventurous. There was a time for most of history when women having sexual enjoyment was a sign that she was a witch or going to hell, and here we are with most households having a vibrator. It didn't just get that way by accident.

boisub likes this.
  18. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    12:11 AM
    I think there’s an opening for chastity to become more mainstream as a form of foreplay or “kink-lite” - a little extra to keep in the drawer, to spice things up a bit when you’re playing with those handcuffs that are also in there.

Of course that will appeal to a smaller set of couples who want to push their play a little further. But it doesn’t have to be on a par with building a St Andrew’s cross as far as experimentation, especially now that there are so many inexpensive devices out there.

I think there are still barriers to entry in terms of being able to walk into a local sex toy shop and walk out with something inexpensive that has a reasonable chance of fitting. It’s all available online, of course, but I think seeing it in a shop next to the fuzzy handcuffs and vibrators will make it seem much less foreign and threatening.

A couple of years ago I was surprised to find that a store in town - a local outlet of a national chain that I won’t name, but that rhymes with “Shmadam and Shmeve” - had a couple of plastic CB-x type devices tucked away on a lower shelf. But they were expensive and pretty well hidden. It would be great to see a retailer carry a range of sizes of a decent quality Chinese metal cage.

Maybe I’m showing my age with my faith in retail, but I think with something that most people have never even thought of, it’s friendlier if you can see it in person.

Rectrix likes this.
  19. locked_top

locked_top Caged tiger

USA
    Local Time:
    The Internet is a wonderful thing. People have access to all sorts of information about all sorts of alternative lifestyles with a click of a mouse--if they wanted to look for it.

But they don't want to, and I'm okay with that. My kinky little lifestyle works fine for me, and I don't have any need to tell those people over there about what I do on the off-chance that one or two of them might find it interesting.

20. Achedlock17

Achedlock17 Long term member

Local Time:
    Arguably, the fetishistic disavowal you describe (I know very well, but all the same) is the positive condition of sexual relations, even vanilla sexual relations in which the woman knows very well that her stereotypical macho partner’s penis isn’t “the thing she has been lacking”, but all the same, she wants sex with him on the basis that she ignores this knowledge and believes he has the real thing anyway. Equally, the macho guy positions himself as “having “it”” despite (some) awareness of his empirical weaknesses. I don’t see why in principle the whole thing cannot work homologously in mainstream relationships, with the holding of the key taking the place of the penis in stereotypical vanilla relationships. For the locked male, the key is “it”, that thing that will fill the lack in life and the world itself. Of course, it’s juts a key, and an orgasm is just an orgasm. My point is there is no need for a FLR, just a relationship, so perhaps there is less of a kinky hurdle to surmount than you think?

21. jmanque

jmanque Active member

Writer
    San Francisco
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    11:11 PM
    There might be one other thing to consider when trying to introduce chastity in a vanilla relationship. In most of the Western world people are taught equality from a very young age. Imagine an unsuspecting vanilla woman suggesting chastity to her vanilla boyfriend or husband. He enthusiastically embraces it, "Oh, honey, that'll be so romantic. Just imagine, you holding my key... and me holding yours."

22. Achedlock17

Achedlock17 Long term member

Local Time:
    I agree we are taught formal equality, but arguably we still are unconsciously haunted by the idea that to have a penis confers mastery, and to lack one confers subservience. If this is accepted then to achieve the realisation of formal equality only the female should hold the key. Note however my point: the result is equality, not a FLR. Or to put it in the terms of @L-u-c-y , even non kinky vanilla women would benefit from holding the key of their locked male partner.

23. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    When I was in my twenties, it seemed like a lot of our friends had discussionsn or made comments about things that they had tried. When Mrs Edge and I were dating, a couple of them gave us some kinky gifts (handcuffs, a cheap flogger, etc.) because they knew we were playing around with such things.

In my 40s and 50s, however, I noticed that most of our friends rarely made so much as a dirty joke. I'm not sure what happened. Chemtrails, maybe?

24. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    I wonder if a lot of folks in china wear them cos they make ever such a lot of them dont they.

Chaste J. likes this.
  25. Chaste J.

Chaste J. Long term member

Local Time:
    They don't have their one child policy anymore I believe. So maybe there's not such a need for them in China!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice