Silver Key DIY Project

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by SheMastersMyDomain, Nov 8, 2019.

Random Thread
  1. starflyer

starflyer Junior Member

UK
    Local Time:
    6:09 PM

You're very clever, and have a lot of patience :strong:

2. SheMastersMyDomain

SheMastersMyDomain In continuous chastity since 1/1/19

Queen City, USA
    Local Time:
    1:09 PM
    It won me way more than brownie points. This is probably a good opening to update on my DIY key. I gave it to her in November 2019. Its now November 2021 - two years later. She has worn this key every day since then. The key and cage have become part of us. Although the key is soft silver, there have been no issues with wear or bending, so long as you never force the key in the lock. She has received many compliments on how beautiful the key is. Even from my Mom and Aunt. She tells people I gave her the key. Sometimes she tells them that I made the key - which has led to a couple awkward conversations about how and why and such (but in a vanilla context, which of course is what makes it difficult to talk about). She always uses the key to my heart as the significance for wearing the key when asked what it means.

During COVID and when I started working from home, I stopped wearing my wedding ring (which I always used to take off at home anyway). We have both recognized that although the cage is not an outward symbol of our marriage, it is a private symbol of my commitment and devotion to my wife, And her key is her return symbol of that connection that we share. And she does not seem to care that I'm not wearing my ring any more.

My advice to those exploring chastity and wanting their KH to wear the key regularly, is that you will benefit greatly if you procure a key for her that is operational and a bona fide piece of jewelry she can proudly wear. It made a huge difference for us. Even before I made this key, I had given her a silver Tiffany's key. The symbolic key was a good step forward, but it just does not compare to the key she uses to physically lock and unlock me. If this DIY project is not for you, there are other alternatives online. The one that comes up most often is the link below. Those are more costly, but I would say in hindsight, for me at least, I have learned that the cost was irrelevant compared to how much the jewelry key has changed the symbolism and realism of chastity for us both. There are other ways too, there have been various reports on CM, about decorating keys, modifying them to look better, putting them in lockets, etc.

https://chastity-shop.com/

Good Luck in your chastity relationships. I'm here to say my marriage is better and stronger than its ever been.
    Regards
    @SheMastersMyDomain

sissyfifi68 and JosieLynn Jewell like this.
  3. JosieLynn Jewell

JosieLynn Jewell Long term member

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    Great update, glad to hear everything is still going well!

You make an excellent point - It is very much a DIY project, and chastity-shop has some amazing pieces, it boils down to whether you have more money than time, or more time than money :D

SheMastersMyDomain likes this.
  4. HerLittleBitch

HerLittleBitch Under the spell of my loving @Mistress-M

South West, United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    I’m making a key for a security screw type device which is much harder as it needs torque, so steel is a requirement. @Mistress-M wants precious stones mounted on it too so it will be a difficult project. I’ll post step by step pics up when it’s done!

sis_nikki and Mistress-M like this.
  5. Mistress-M

Verified Female

Mistress
    UK
    Local Time:
    I hope it takes a VERY long time to make ;-)

sis_nikki, true42 and HerLittleBitch like this.
  6. sissyfifi68

sissyfifi68 Active member

Local Time:
    That's a great story, best of luck to you both

7. MistressEs_sub

Sales Representative
    Green Bay, Wisconsin
    Local Time:
    12:09 PM
    This is awesome! I have to ask though since this might be beyond my skillset, would any decent Locksmith be able to copy the key profile if I brought the original with the heart one to them?

8. SheMastersMyDomain

Queen City, USA
    Local Time:
    In the first post, look at the link for purchasing the key. There is more info there. What your asking about is possible. You need to find a locksmith with an older style “slot cutter machine”. Good luck.

sis_nikki and MistressEs_sub like this.
  9. That Punk Ass

That Punk Ass Member

Consultant
    Local Time:
    10:09 AM
    Much like the thread originator, I too wanted additional options for keys so I set out to designed a small key blank which looks more like a charm than a pad lock key.

I spent some time creating a key blank 3D print files, purchasing different stealth cylinder and key sets to make sure the blank worked. I developed 3 different key blanks with different heads and used the casting service from the original post who can create them in different materials and drop ship to the buyer.

The challenge is getting the key cut to match the original. I had to use an actual locksmith who hand cut the key and not use a machine.

If you would like to look at the key blanks, here is the site to order: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/chastegoods

If you're in a rush they offer expedited processing and shipping but still takes some time.

Prismizzet likes this.
  10. SheMastersMyDomain

Queen City, USA
    Local Time:
    "Oops!... I Did It Again"

A big thanks to @That Punk Ass for designing additional key blanks and making them available on Shapeways. My wife has been wearing the one I created above from @JosieLynn Jewell for a couple years now and I decided to make her a new one. This time I ordered the following:
    Chastity Key Blank - heart: in Fine Detail Polished Silver: ($69.15 with shipping and processing fees)
    https://www.shapeways.com/product/NBRN5T5N5/chastity-key-blank-heart?optionId=240245449&li=shops

Burg Wachter furniture lock - see first post, I ordered the same thing again. I decided to order a new lock since the first one has already been in operation for 2 years, it seemed like a good idea to start with a fresh lock.

I had another silver bail from the first order as well, so i just used that.

I ordered a new 30 inch adjustable length 1.1mm diameter wheat spiga chain. Since the key is so much smaller, it seemed like it needed a more petite chain. She wears her current key on a 30 inch adjustable length 1.9mm snake chain. 30 inches adjustable is perfect because she can remove the key by lifting over her head instead of needing to open the chain any time she wants to exercise her rights to use it. I'm all about making it easy for her to use when she wants.
    30" Sterling Silver Spiga Necklace Wheat Rope Chain Pure 925 Italy New Wholesale:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/380714704978?var=651676990582

1.jpg

@That Punk Ass said he wanted to create a smaller charm like key, and he definitely achieved that. It is very small and could easily be worn as a necklace or a charm bracelet or anklet. He did a fantastic job. Its classy, simple, and the working key proportions are perfect.
    2.jpg
    This key was a little easier to cut than the last one because it has a rectangular profile (and not round) I decided to line them up side by side in a vise and file across by eye. I didn't feel comfortable doing that with the last key because I couldn't get them quite close enough because the silver key spine was round.
    3.jpg
    I used the same jewelers files as the first post to get it pretty close. After I removed it from the vice, it actually worked pretty good. Time for some clean up.
    4.jpg
    I used some 800 grit sandpaper to smooth things out. Then a buffing wheel with jewelers compound to buff the whole thing out.
    5.jpg
    Here's the finished key next to the burg wachter original key.
    6.jpg
    And finally the key ready to gift for Valentines day next week. It still needs a good polish before I give it to her. After I give it to her, Ill take a picture of this key versus the other silver key. It is much smaller than even that one. Again, @That Punk Ass made a wonderful key blank. Thanks again. Note that he also made several other key designs all listed in his Shapeways. Check it out. Depending on how much she likes it, next I'd like to get the same key in gold. Its about $150 plus shipping/handling. After my test experience with this one, I think I have enough nerve to do it again in gold. But first I want to see how much she likes and wears it compared to the first one.

11. Sexy Slave 69

Sexy Slave 69 Long term member

Manager
    New Zealand
    Local Time:
    5:09 AM
    Brilliant nice job

12. SheMastersMyDomain

Queen City, USA
    Local Time:
    We celebrated valentines last night. She got her new key and now I can show the side by side with the first one. To compare and show the size difference.
    EFB49356-871A-4122-916E-6E6CFFE43DF1.jpeg

13. HusbandInTraining

HusbandInTraining Active member

Eastern US
    Local Time:
    Thank you for sharing all of your work. I fully intend to attempt this project with the smaller blank.

14. That Punk Ass

That Punk Ass Member

Consultant
    Local Time:
    Looks great!. Awesome job on the key cutting and thanks for the tutorial.

sis_nikki and SheMastersMyDomain like this.
  15. Trapped

Trapped Long term member

quality manager
    houston, texas
    Local Time:
    i just finished the key for my wife. I went with the stainless version. It was less money and i didnt want to get the silver one and mess it up. I plan on getting the silver one next for her now i have a degree of confidence. The stainless was harder to work than silver will be, so the silver version should be easier.

Attached Files:

16. Consumed

Consumed Right where I belong.

Albany NY
    Local Time:
    Pretty cool ingenuity! The only problem is when you have to change locks because let's be honest, these brass stealth locks don't last forever.

Now a stainless steel upgrade would be nice.

17. SheMastersMyDomain

Queen City, USA
    Local Time:
    congratulations. You did it! Awesome. You’re right that the silver is easier to work with. And the polished silver version will look much nicer and jewelry like. Go for it.

18. SheMastersMyDomain

Queen City, USA
    Local Time:
    while the locks won’t last forever, the name brand burg wachter locks are higher quality than the less expensive copies, and I think will last a good long time. My original one from this project has been in service since late 2019 and there is nothing wrong with it still.

sis_nikki likes this.
  19. JosieLynn Jewell

JosieLynn Jewell Long term member

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    Nice work! Did you use the same method as @SheMastersMyDomain or do you have some other method?

sis_nikki likes this.
  20. That Punk Ass

That Punk Ass Member

Consultant
    Local Time:
    I had a pad lock user contact me about making a custom designed key blank for the ABUS 64TI/20 (which is a small pad lock with traditional key type). The prototype fit well (picture 1), I made some esthetic design changes (picture 2) and now I'm waiting for the first production blanks to arrive.
    ABUS is a large lock manufacturer and locksmith should have a much easier time cutting this blank to match the master key.
    This specific design is larger than my usual designs because the customer wanted more weight and larger size.
    If all goes well I'll post the design on Shapeways for others interested.

Abus_prototype.jpg Abus_Gold_v1.40.png

Thoughts?

21. That Punk Ass

That Punk Ass Member

Consultant
    Local Time:
    Also, I have been working on a pre-cut key modeled for the Kink3d cylinder lock. I confirmed with Kink3D that their lock/key sets are all the same key pattern. I made 3 separate bulk purchases to confirm and my challenge right now is working with the different material tolerances and finishing. I found that getting polished materials reduces the size of the key making it smaller and not function as well as it should.

Once I work out the issues I'll make the designs available on Shapeways as well. It would mean someone could purchase the accessory lock/key set from Kink3D, the pre-cut key from Shapeways and need a locksmith.

22. Trapped

Trapped Long term member

quality manager
    houston, texas
    Local Time:
    I tried @SheMastersMyDomain way of doing it. Either i was doing something wrong or was just not using the right materials. I ended up free handing it somewhat. I still plan to get the silver version, which being a softer metal should be easier to work with.

23. SheMastersMyDomain

Queen City, USA
    Local Time:
    nice new design! I see the requestor was interested in larger more weighty version, but just my thoughts on it with that in mind, I think the center portion between the heart and key blade is too long and heavy looking, relative to the two ends. If you like the shape, then consider cutting the length of that portion some to give a little balance. If you want to keep the length the same, make that portion a little less bulky. Hope this is helpful as you proceed. Again, just my thoughts.

24. Johnatfran

Johnatfran Member

Local Time:
    Any thoughts on a key design with the BDSM Triskelion?
    Its a little bit more explicit which may or may not be a good thing depending on your views. I imagine you might need to leave out the dots, but the three way spiral would still add some meaning to the design.

Also is there a specific meaning to the Venn Diagram designs?

Thanks.

25. That Punk Ass

That Punk Ass Member

Consultant
    Local Time:
    It's possible to make something based on the design. I'm thinking the easiest is to emboss the larger areas to raise the dots like in the image 1 below.

I could also do something like image 2 without the dots.

I don't think I want to get into the two tone process of contrasting colors.

Which do you think would be ideal?

The Venn Diagram design was just a custom design request.

Image 1
    option 7.jpg

Image 2
    option 8.jpg

Base Image
    option 4.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice