Schedule for building up to long term?

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by John Valjon, May 11, 2021.

1. John Valjon

John Valjon Member

Local Time:
    2:49 PM
    My longest lockup so far has been 20 days, but that includes a 3-day unlock on “no touch” due to chafing. Alas, every time my wife and I try for anything longish, I get a chafing problem around day 12. This happens no matter how carefully I clean, no matter how much I relube the base ring.

I’ve noticed some of the wise long-haulers on here make reference to something like a break in period or getting the skin to change/toughen up under the cage. What is a good schedule for getting through this process? Should my wife give me a health/safety unlock periodically until I’ve toughened up the skin? How often should they occur? How long should they last? (I.e. would a 1-hour unlock once a week be enough to prevent chafing disaster? Or should it be more like a whole day out of the cage every 3 days of lockup? Or something in between?)

nubbin likes this.
  2. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    11:49 AM
    I certainly wish I had the best answer. But I think you are doing a good job of answering yourself. Wear.....remove......wear.....remove......gradually increase the ratio of wear to removal time.

For me, I think the best approach is to remove BEFORE you get the chafe. Once chafed, it takes me a week to start all over again. And by that time I probably jacked off.......and REALLY setting back the clock. I think if you can manage to remove for a little while.....hours? a day? BEFORE the chafe begins, you may gain some ground.

John Valjon and boisub like this.
  3. cody halter

cody halter Active member

Dallas Tx
    Local Time:
    1:49 PM
    In my case the cage material makes a difference. Plastic and resin chafe sooner and worse than polished stainless steel. What are you wearing? Even so i still get occasional dry skin patches under the ring and i use Nutrogena dry skin hand creme when needed and its thick and hardly needs any at all and does the trick every time. Also soap makes a difference for me too. Dove for men works really well. It doesnt leave me feeling dry and itchy like others have done.

Ukpsion likes this.
  4. locked_sheila

locked_sheila Long term member

Local Time:
    7:49 PM
    I've notice that get red and sore from the base ring (plastic) esp if don't dry properly.

Now managed to be in for 10 days...

If starts to get sore, been putting cotton pads just under the base ring - that has kept it at bay!!!

5. Guest 3972

Guest 3972 Long term member

Local Time:
    LUBE that baby night and morning take small lot of our and start to feel a burn. Lube cage ring and skin top & bottom. This should fix problem. You doing just the ring or skin too what LUBE are you using? Baby oil is good or a waterbase lube do you sweat much down there?

6. cagedfellow

cagedfellow Long term member

Canada, Québec
    Local Time:
    First thing first, do you have custom made cage? Very important....

Secondly, plastic.... they don't make your skin breath and for my part, skin get very irritated. Especially with full encased tubes.

So, non allergic metal from quality maker will give a lot of chance.

I can't wear any plastic for more than 48 hours.

I wear my jailbird cage for almost 3 weeks non stop (no take off) and absolutely no issues.

We are all different. But high quality grade cage are the way to go for long term Wear.

7. John Valjon

John Valjon Member

Local Time:
    I use silicon-based lube. (Gun Oil brand, usually). I’ve tried lubing morning and night and every time I feel a slight burn. But I still get issues around day 12, no matter what.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  8. John Valjon

John Valjon Member

Local Time:
    Not custom, but currently using an MCN Adaptus. So it is high-quality stainless steel.

Do you think chafing is pointing to not having the right ring size?

9. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    Where does it chafe? Oh the underside near your perennial raphe? On the top where your shaft is? At the 10 and 2 o’clock positions where you might be broadening? All around and in general? In front of your ballsack where the cage traps your balls?

I started with a few hours, then a few days, then a week, then weeks… and then all the way to over 3 months… and now “all the time”. I haven’t been free from my cage except for Christmas Day and a half day in February.

Yes. We did daily unlocks with my wife every morning. She wanted to ensure I was clean and healthy. These were 20-30 minutes.

I found that if I need constant lubrication, that it’s not sustainable. If my base ring is too tight eventually I’ll get skin problems one way or the other. If my cage is too tight the structure of my shaft will bruise. You don’t want a constant CBT experience. You cage should be your safe, snug and secure home. Not a constant challenge itself.

We’re now on a half hour (or less) once a week. Sometimes she skips it. She lets me out to test that I’m oversensitive and easily overwhelmed. It’s really fun for her to edge me. She’s talking about not even giving me perfectly twitchfree ruined orgasms, and just recaging me after gentle touches… she’s encouraging me to spill in my cage.

Anyway. We have fun.
    An hour a week is good.

I was using oil myself a few years ago but I got myself a rash in the summer of 2019. I think I was over doing it. Another time it was a ingrown hair that got angry. I wanted the tightest chastity, but something always happened. I learned to step back a little.

Mark at MaleChastityNow could make you a new basering that’s slightly larger. You could go up 1/8”. If you ask nicely he had accomplished a 1/16 change in cage diameter for me… but I had worn his work for years before I stepped down slightly. Again I had tried 1/8” smaller but I got skin problems.

I am curious where it burns.

I started at 2” round and tried down to 1-5/8” round. I settled at a 1-3/4” oval that ended up perfect. Mark gave me instructions on how it open up the ball gap myself ever so slightly.

subhubandy and Guest 3972 like this.
  10. cagedfellow

cagedfellow Long term member

Canada, Québec
    Local Time:
    It could ve the ring. We all have different ways to react. Skin thickness and sensitivity is different.

I use to read a very old thread here in 2012 about how to size the cage. The guy told that it was preferably better to have a bigger ring with a closer gap Between the tube and ring so the nuts won't slip through.

I use this advice since I needed 45mm but 8 choose 48mm instead and closed the gap between tube and ring. Also ordered a oval ring witch even closer the gap without strangulate the shaft.

But for some people with big balls this might not work.

but overall, if I had chosen the 45mm, I would never be able nto wear it 24/7. The 48mm is just right. Sometimes use a little bit of lube before sleep to get through morning wood and my skin is very dry and stop the ring to move and stretch instead witch is hurtful.

Every one is different but I would tent to get one step bigger ring with closer gap. For me, it worked.

Check to get chirurgical stainless steel. The jailbird is made with that kind of metal. But all custom made cage should be chirurgical allergic proof too. This could be it too.

For me, My cock need air to dry. humidity is very hurtful in my case.

11. Peter Rabbit

USA
    Local Time:
    I am thinking that PansyTart’s fitting advise led be down the wrong path. A large base ring and small gap created issues for me. But your mileage may vary. It’s hard to give advice that works for everyone.

I so agree about surgical stainless steel. MaleChastityNow’s base ring is made from 316L stainless and I can definitely tell the difference!

And absolutely about needing air to dry. Moisture and humidity cause issues.

The constant reapplication of “gun oil” may not be the answer. Making sure you don’t have too much folds in your skin is good… that helps you air dry.

cagedfellow likes this.
  12. Guest 3972

Local Time:
    ! try different live for skin not guns.

13. Peter Rabbit

USA
    Local Time:
    Haha! :p This is not lube for his rifle, this is lube for his “gun”. One is for fighting…

https://www.gunoil.com/shop
    Made from the finest ingredients and always paraben and glycerin free, GUN OIL® lubricants offer the longest, most consistent glide a man can get. We at GUN OIL® present to you our full suite of high quality silicone-based, water-based, hybrid gel, and masturbation cream lubricants designed to cover your every bedroom need. Whether solo or with an eager partner, GUN OIL®always delivers a highly satisfying sexual experience while elevating the vital expression of masculine fulfillment.

14. Guest 3972

Local Time:
    Thank you Peter Rabbit :D

15. John Valjon

John Valjon Member

Local Time:
    It chafes and burns on the underside, not just near the ridge but all the way across the underside. I can often get relief with re-lubing, but not always. My ring size is 1-7/8 inch with a gap size of 1/2 inch. The gap was too big, and I’ve bent it down per Mark’s instructions, but I feel like it might be better to have a shorter, straighter post.
    Thanks very much for the concrete suggestion of an hour a week “free time.”

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice