Safety key - yes - know - how and why?

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Miss Miras bitch, Mar 1, 2013.

?

Do you have a safety key?

1. Yes I have

64.6%
  2. No i dont

35.4%
Random Thread
  1. Miss Miras bitch

Miss Miras bitch MissMira slave toy

Office clerk
    Copenhagen
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    12:28 PM
    Hi all, I hope that we might start a discussions about safety and chastity. Me and MissMira have talked alot about safety and that its importent to have a safety key, but it seems that a lot of people here don't have one and we are wondering why. At the same time we talked about what kind of creative ideas you have had to secure it.

So please post all your creative ideas and lets hear why you have or why you don't have a safety key.

This is our little safety box.

Attached Files:

2. Epiladdy

Epiladdy Long term member

Local Time:
    3:28 AM
    Early on I insisted on one and my wife allowed it. It was wrapped in masking tape and signed by her along the seam where the end of the tape overlapped the rest of the tape. She'd have random checks to make sure that I had not tampered with it.

After a few months of me becoming accustomed to the device, she decided that it was no longer necessary for me to have a safety key and took it from me. I don't really see any reason for me to need one now that she has taken it, and am perfectly comfortable without one.

3. gibnot

gibnot Locked Member

Local Time:
    Well. I have to comment on this with a question: why? That's pointless. Might as well just carry the key then. I don't mean to be rude or anything, but that takes the whole thrill out of it. I have no idea what my wife does with the keys, she has even lost them a few times, and that sucks. But its all part of the game. It takes hours to drill out the lock of a Neosteel not to mention the 75 bucks for a new lock, but oh well. I say play and play hard. There is no reason to need such a thing. When its time to come out she will open it. Simple. If the belt fits properly and is comfortable, there is no concern, ever. If you find your self needing g to go to court PR the airport just go early and swallow your pride and deal with 5 min of embarrassment. Nothing will happen. Maybe your face will get a bit red. That's it.

Robert_z_man and Mascara^Snake like this.
  4. MissMira

MissMira Active member

Local Time:
    Well in my opinion. If i can't trust my sub to have a safty key then why should i make such a big effort to become hes KH. My sub is fully aware if he use the safty keys, if its not an emergency, its not like he gets a proper spanking or orgasm denial in long term, NO, its 'game over'! No more chastity play. I also see a safty key as a commitment from my sub. If i can trust him then hes all into the play to be my submassiv bf. And then again chastity its not about the device its a mind set. You can always take it of, one way or another.

Lucy and Mascara^Snake like this.
  5. bondagefan65

bondagefan65 Long term member

Fife
    Local Time:
    11:28 AM
    It's another one of those no defined right answer lifestyle questions I'm afraid. With my last keyholder online I had a safety key. It was sent by her, with a padlock, but the key was laminated with a news paper cutting. I didn't want one, and am more than happy when I don't have a key at all but if the key is thousands of miles away then a safety key does have value.

My device fits perfectly, I'm relatively healthy so don't need the doctors, and to be honest, in my 47 years, regardless of the problem, whenever i have been to the docs,the doctor has never once asked to look at or fondle my penis. The last real life keyholder I had was only a 30 minute drive away so she had all keys.

If I have a serious accident, the last thing I will be thinking about is "need to get the looker off before the nurses see". I woud be more concerned with the other injuries.

My personal opinion is that, in a relationship where the keyholder and wearer live close or together then there should be no need for a safety key and ( remember this is just my opinion and not meant to upset anyone ) if its insisted on by the keyholder then to me that says they don't want to take full responsibility and control and if insisted on by the sub then they truly don't want to give up full control.

Long distance relationships are a little different, there is definitely an argument for a safety key there but again my preference is not to have one. I hate plastic numbered locks as well for the same reason, if the only thing stopping me from getting access when i am truly desperate is a piece of plastic, then I'm not really under anyone's control except my own self control.

Finally it does depend on the dynamics of the relationship. The device may be symbolic more than an iron clad way to deny access. At the end of the day, each to their own.

Mascara^Snake likes this.
  6. MissMira

MissMira Active member

Local Time:
    Well i dont see its as i dont want to take full control, but I need my sub to be safe. And if he insisted not to have a safty key, then who is in control?
    I think its a matter of trust not control, same as i trust him to pay bills, not cheat, go to work, take care of the family etc. etc.
    As long as the safty keys decision is up to the keyholder, then i dont se the issues of whois in control.

7. 2inch

2inch chasity,its for my own good

Local Time:
    6:28 AM
    no, safe key for me.if i had to i could break open my kh's lock box .thats were she keeps her toys and the key

8. bondagefan65

Fife
    Local Time:
    If I have an online keyholder and have to keep a safety key I use this:

image.jpg

9. PuppyMastersPet

PuppyMastersPet Long term member

Local Time:
    I think it is important to keep a spare key on you at all times, just in case. What if the device breaks which could become a problem if you're wearing a plastic device, or you find yourself unexpectedly at the doctors/ER.

We have a simple and secure solution, the key is secured between to business cards. Doesn't sound particularly secure.

However...

One the outward face of the one of the cards (which are able to fit neatly in a wallet) is signed and dated by Master, after which the cards are completely wrapped in sellotape. So if access to the key was needed the card sized parcel could be opened. Opening the card would tear the signature making it impossible to hide the fact you had used the key.

10. Mistress B

Mistress B Mistress B

Business Owner
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    I see no need for a safety key. In what circumstance would it be needed?

11. sissymaid_emily

sissymaid_emily sissy maid emily or just sissy, or maid

IT support
    Manchester
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Curtsies
    I dont live with my Mistress & only see Her at weekends or mid week if I'm very fortunate. I have a safety key sealed in a sellotaped envelope & wouldnt dream of opening it unless it was absolutely necessary, if i got run over or something like that. I dont need to remove my Jailbird to wash or shave so the envelope has & will remain sealed since January.
    I want to be a good girl/sissy & wouldnt dream of opening the Jailbird without permission or out of utter necessity.
    I dont want to seem boyish but i do like epics and thoughtfully done war films & this thread reminds me of a scene in Blackhawk Down. Where Eric Bana, who i absolutely adore, especially as Hector in Troy, is confronted with his loaded weapon (no double entendre intended) with the safety off. His reply is to gesture with his finger and say 'this is my safety'
    Imho chastity & obedience is all part of the submission & relationship you make with each other, the keys are mnemonic ....
    Curtsies
    emily

12. Caged Wolf

Caged Wolf A Wolf, even caged, is still a Wolf.

Pacific Northwest
    Local Time:
    When I am locked SWMBO has a key with her, and one is left in a specific place in the house for emergencies. I have had a nut pull thru while at work adn couldn't get it back thru. Had to come home "for lunch" and access the key AFTER contacting SWMBO for permission.

I agree that it is more about the submission then the being locked. Truth and honor are the true keys. I also know that if I was caught free without permission it would be instant "Game over".

MissMira likes this.
  13. keystallion

keystallion Member

Local Time:
    yes I have a secure key. But only in an emergency. And only when my mistress a long time can not be with me.

Attached Files:

14. Yosho

Yosho Member

Local Time:
    Sudden medical appointment
    Damage to the device (e.g. seam splittingwith CB series)
    Overseas trip with short notice (especially if it's work related - Although I haven't been overseas for work so far, there is the potential to have to visit sites in places like Europe or North America)
    Chafing (although if a device/belt is comfortable, the risks should be minimal)

There are situations that one cannot anticipate. Fail to plan, plan to fail.

15. sissyjolene

sissyjolene Junior Member

NW ohio
    Local Time:
    5:28 AM
    I use to have a saftey key hidden at her house outside. After the first month we talked and she said she was removing it and putting it with the other

It was a security blanket knowing I could get it and though about it a few times in the first few weeks but decided it was more important to please her and her being happy.

Mascara^Snake likes this.
  16. lorzain

lorzain Junior Member

Local Time:

A cheap set of bolt cutters (about 20 bucks) will cut the hasp on any lock that fits these devices. So still under your own self control.

2inch likes this.
  17. 2inch

2inch chasity,its for my own good

Local Time:
    this is true . for me i feel the metal vs plastic just gives me more a im locked state of mind . not to mention better look/feel. if i had to i could go to the shead and find a tool ,so it would take some inconvieance

18. MistressL

MistressL I'm through

Professional
    USA
    Local Time:
    There are two keys to his chastity belt. One is around my neck or in my bag. The other is locked in my wall safe with my rings, jewelry and passport.

Joroincharge likes this.
  19. sissy_maid_melody

sissy_maid_melody Active member

Local Time:
    Like most things to do with chastity the issue of safety keys boils down to what works between the two people.

Having said that, I find that quite often it is an issue that is more important to people new to chastity and that as experience grows the issue becomes less important. This is similar to the concerns that cause people to obsess over chastity contracts or whether everyone will notice a CB underneath trousers when out in the streets.

Many of these concerns are the natural consequence of fearing to lose control and wanting a backup method of regaining control if the game becomes too serious.

Once I'd understood that I could trust mistress as a keyholder I was never concerned about a safety key. Funnily enough, it was her who was most concerned for my own safety and she worried about what might happen in an emergency.

Her concerns were put to rest one memorable day when she returned a key after about 4 months lockup. Release was being supervised on webcam when I inserted the key and found that it wouldn't turn. The lock had seized up. Trying harder the turn the key it suddenly snapped off leaving the lock well and truly stuck.

For the next 10 minutes mistress was in hysterical laughter as she watched my apply a hacksaw to the lock. She claims it was the funniest thing she's ever seen.

The revelation for both of us was that in the right circumstances it is very easy to break out of a CB. As others have observed, even more secure belts can have their locks drilled out, but a simple padlock can be bypassed in minutes. After that she never had any concerns that I could get out of the CB in an emergency, albeit destroying either the lock or the CB.

In general, go with what works for the dynamic you have but you can also think out of the box a little and work out how quickly you could break out of the CB if you had to. Also, have a think as to why a security key seems to be so important. Is it really for the best of motives or because you believe that you need a back door escape in case it all becomes too much for you ? One of the most revelatory lessons you can learn in chastity is on that day when it does all become too much and you're frantic to escape, only to realise that must learn to endure.

Robert_z_man likes this.
  20. bondagefan65

Fife
    Local Time:
    My device had an integrated lock, no hasp to cut.

21. Mistress B

Mistress B Mistress B

Business Owner
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    If "a sudden medical appointment" occurred, then jemima would attend it in her cage.
    As she is my sissymaid and cleans the house and cooks, the chances of an overseas trip is rather unlikely, lol
    As for chaffing and comfort, waiting a little while will do her no harm.

22. buzz

buzz Active member

North East UK, Co Durham
    Local Time:
    I have a key in a combination key safe box that I can cary around in my work bag or leave in the car at other times. If I were to need release it is only a phone call or text message away but i cannot get at the Key without Miss Red Dragon allowing me to. As We are at a distance at the moment this also allows for me to be let out under supervision (on cam) for cleaning or shaving etc if we are unable to get to see each other for an extended period. yes if I spent long enough I could find the combination and get out but I would never do it and most likely by the time I actually managed to find it the desire that moticated me in the moment to try would have long ago waned.

Having had a "the curve" split on me I was ever so glad we had this arrangement in place from the outset - I now have a Lovejail which whilst still being plastic seems a much better engineered device and hopefully I will not encounter the same issues again - but one never knows.

23. Pobby

Pobby New member

Local Time:
    I did take a safety key for the first few days but that was only in case the device got unbearably uncomfortable. I don't see the point now.

Mistress B and Mascara^Snake like this.
  24. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    Mine is in an envelope somewhere in my house. If I looked for it I dare say I'd find it but why would I?

The envelope is sealed and signed over then as clear tape over the signature and the seal. All I have to do is ring her and she would tell me where it was and I'm sure would trust I had good reason, after all it is me that wants her to play the game.

If I found it I could not open it whithout her knowing. But again why would I even try?

I can't think what the emergency would be. I'm locked all the time the I'm not with her, the gym, local swimming pool and doctors have never presented a problem.

25. Miss Miras bitch

Miss Miras bitch MissMira slave toy

Office clerk
    Copenhagen
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Wow - nice, this was the type of debate I was hoping for, thanks to all for share their though about this subject. Didn't really knew what to expect from this but must admit that before this thread i was "always need a safety key - would never live without it" but arguments like; how many times have a doctor felt your penis, and in case of emergency (broken legs ect) i also guess that that last thing on my mind would be the cd. So to sum up all of this i'm still very happy to have a safety key, its a sign of trust from my Miss, but if She for some reason decided to take it away from me i think i would be okay with that. Thanks all for your inputs and feel free to add toughs on this subject.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice