Pic of my hardware

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by Wesingreenvillesc, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Wesingreenvillesc

Local Time:
    3:22 AM
  2. Wesingreenvillesc

Local Time:
    Sorry, meant to send this with the first post. Anyway, I obviously plan on upgrading to a fancier cage,
    But I’m starting with this one. Any thoughts on which should be my next? I think I want to stick with hard plastic/resin, unless someone can talk into metal. Thanks for any input/responses!

3. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    @Wesingreenvillesc : Just an opinion, but I think this is worth saying even though I don't know the entirety of your situation.

The way you are talking about this, it seems like you are shooting for long-term daily wear... If that is the case you definitely want to get a device that has a more open design to it. I would shoot for something a little smaller in size than what you currently have... but if you are doing this with another person you should get them more involved in selecting your next device.

If you want to remain with plastic devices and are truly new to this, I always recommend the Cherry Keeper. They sell rings and cages separately & everything is modular. Very easy to get a new cage or new ring if you are running into fitting issues... and since they are 3-D printed, they are 100% customizable to the mm.

I personally like metal cages... the custom ones are pretty expensive... Mature Metal sells steel cages, and I would recommend their Jail Bird Model, but if you want something lighter, Bad Ass Workshop sells titanium devices.

The reason I mention these "brands" is how custom the sizing is... If you are looking to wear this "fulltime" you really need a good fit. Don't rush things and I wouldn't lube your junk up before you put the device on... you are probably going to hurt your skin & rub it raw.

Best luck, let me know if you need more help.

4. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    8:22 AM
    If it fits, and works, and it’s not giving you any problems then why change!

5. Caged for life

Caged for life Long term member

Sheetmetal mechanic
    USA
    Local Time:
    As they say if it ain't broken don't fix it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice