Padlock for Pet Lock

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by Always, May 22, 2010.

1. Always

Always Junior Member

Local Time:
    10:41 AM
    Firstly, let me just say what a wonderful product this is. It is so well made it could almost be a work of art, of course it might be a little difficult to explain. Best left to the imagination. My question is what is a good padlock? I tried using the padlock I had from a CB3000 but this would not close. I have tried a TSA padlock, but it has rather sharp edges, any idea?

2. maturemetal

maturemetal CUSTOM CAGES AND TUBES

Local Time:
    9:41 AM
    First Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!!!

I build all my devices for Master locks. The "V line" series works the best. Most luggage locks say they are 1/8" but in fact are not exactly 1/8".

3. Always

Always Junior Member

Local Time:
    Which model should I look for? I bought a 121T but the hole on the Pet Lock was too small.

This is the only problem I have with the Jail Bird. It is so comfortable that we could be using this for a long long time.

4. Mark121

Mark121 Nobody of consequence

Local Time:
    I use a Master 121 with my Watchful Mistress. It is a fairly tight fit. I enlarged the hole somewhat with my Dremel tool to make it a bit easier to get the shackle in.

5. dollyanne

dollyanne Sissy who loves pink frilly things!

Dallas, TX
    Local Time:
    9:41 AM
    After trying a number of locks that didn't fit, dollyanne is very happy with the Master lock from Maturemetal. It was guaranteed to fit and he also was gracious enough to polish the edges smooth! The only thing that dollyanne worries about is water immersion, so dolly has been oiling it frequently. That would be dollyanne's first choice--a polished lock from Maturemetal.

If you want to take a chance on another lock that might or might not fit you might try: LustLock. Dollyanne has been curious about them because they are used for piercings and have some water and urine resistance as well as smooth edges. They show the shank size as 2.8mm (.110"), which should fit since it's slightly under 1/8" (.125"). These look like very good locks, but of course, they aren't cheap and are outside dollyanne's budget! Dollyanne has been hoping someone here (with a bigger budget) would get one and report on it.

Hope this helps!

dollyanne

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice