Monogomy: because "GOD" says so

Discussion in 'Journals and blogs' started by Beck, Aug 10, 2016.

Random Thread
  1. Beck

Beck Banned

Local Time:
    2:49 PM
    oh curse your stupid ass 3 minute time limit. i edited but not it time. f*ck it

2. Beck

Beck Banned

Local Time:
    2:49 PM
    I will certainly have a look. Thanks!

3. Jasmic68

Jasmic68 Long term member

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    1:34 AM
    Alain de Botton has so many brain cells he has reduced the collective IQ of the rest of humanity.

4. KeptKing

KeptKing Guest

From an evolutionary perspective, we are not wired for life long monogamy. Rather, we are wired to procreate and raise children that will survive us. Two people are better able to do that, sharing the responsibility of caring for, sheltering, feeding, etc. While our society says a child cannot fend for itself until "coming of age", biology says something closer to 5-7 years, and no real biological advantage to being monogamous during that time - just committed to stay together to raise the offspring. No wonder many relationships only last about that long - it is our basic human nature to come together for a time then move on. Both partners tend to get stale and sick of each other, to greater or lesser degrees, over time.

That doesn't mean that we should revert to that model, just understand that we are all, in general, wired that way. Socially, life long relationships are the general expectation even if not the general reality. Chastity - specifically, enforced male chastity - seems to me to be a great way of making the expectation more likely to translate to reality. I prefer the "for life" model and strive for that, and hope that this new lifestyle will help ensure it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice