Mature Metal Jailbird - advice sought

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by Raati_Sans, May 28, 2021.

1. Raati_Sans

Raati_Sans Member

Local Time:
    4:21 PM
    Hello chaste brethren,

I’m just about to purchase a Mature Metal Jail Bird. With the following specs:

1 1/4" or 1 1/8" shaft
    2 1/2" or 2 1/4" length
    2" base ring
    Round base ring
    3/8" gap
    Security Screw

My dilemmas are:

1) Shaft - inside of the cage diameter - ring #1 (1 1/8") is the best fit for my shaft, however it's tight for my bell end. Ring #2 (1 1/4") is okay for my bell end though a little loose for my shaft (My head is a little bulbous)... Therefore I think I'm going with 1 1/8"

2) Length - my length measurements have consistently come up as 3 1/8". However my CB6000s is more than adequate for me, and from what I understand it is 2 1/2" long, therefore I'm considering a 2 1/2" or 2 1/4" cage. Does that sound sensible?

3) I'm confident that a 2" base ring is correct for me. At the moment I'm thinking of going round as I'm slim / skinny (I wear 30" waist jeans) and I'm slightly concerned that the oval ring will widen the ring between my legs and make it slightly uncomfortable.

4) Security Screw - there's a lot of info on the forum about the benefits of having the screws counter sunk. However there is a comment about the countersinking being incompatible with a lock - is that good or bad information? Ideally I'd like to use a padlock for day to day wear, simply because it'll take less time to remove the device (I don't intend to sleep in it); and the security screw for special occasions at which I tend to wear a lighter weight pair of trousers (rather than jeans) — therefore it's handy to reduce the bulk of the device.

Please weight in on any of my points if you've got time.

Thanks guys!

Jailbird1 and Guest 2028 like this.
  2. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    10:21 AM
    The main mistake I see are people buying too big of a device. Whether they don’t measure right, measure the wrong part, or think they need “room to grow”, it all ends the same with a device for sale or asking why it isn’t working out.

2inches on a steel ring is huge. As for length, I would go for the length that you are most flaccid. This prevents erections from starting to begin with. As far as diameter, I would error in the side of roomy. I have noticed for me that if it is allowed room to chub up, the blood flow goes there(out) instead of getting erect(up). This helps from getting what I call behind the ring erection. Otherwise your package is neatly held flaccid in its little cage with a raging bonerbehind the ring pulling on your balls.

Hope this helps.

3. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    1:21 AM
    Length and width of the cage part is less important, penises are squishy and can fit into small spaces, hence @Nicoftime advice about not going too large.

The most important thing to get right is the base ring, too loose and it’s too easy to escape, too tight and you won’t be able to wear it for long. Two inches is a fairly standard measure, the best way to know is to try wearing a cheap cock ring of a couple of sizes to see what fits. The one in my avatar is 54mm, a bit more than 2 inches, it took some trial and error to get just the right size for me. You want to be able to slide a finger up to the knuckle under the ring.

Guest 2028 and Raati_Sans like this.
  4. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    11:21 AM
    What the others said. I’ll only add that having done this a long time that the oval rings are MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE than the round ones. I highly suggest OP reconsider and instead get the oval ones.

Raati_Sans likes this.
  5. jim48

jim48 Long term member

Retired
    las vegas, NV US
    Local Time:
    8:21 AM
    The diameter is the most important measurement. It cannot be modified if it is too tight. You can always have the other adjustments fixed. If you want to be sure of the size, buy the measuring rings from MM before making a decision. That is what I did.

6. cogman

cogman Long term member

Business owner
    Australia - Sydney
    Local Time:
    Please consider the steelworx looker 2 range, I am not sure if mature metal have changed anything (I sold mine) but the looker has a much thicker and ergonomic base ring...apart from the urethral insert options which I used for a long time before switching to a tether system.

If you have problems with erections at night you will find the looker a lot more comfortable and ball burn is less extreme as well

The security screw I found not to be so secure...the integrated lock in the looker is better, same as the magic key used in other devices.

Anyways sold mine some 5 years ago...so I am sure mature metal has gotten better.

Raati_Sans likes this.
  7. Raati_Sans

Raati_Sans Member

Local Time:
    Thank you - diameter is tricky decision as I've a circumcised mushroom head and slim shaft (the circumcision was performed when I was very young, because my foreskin was too tight for the size of my head).

Thank you - I've been wearing a CB6000s for a little while now with a 2 inch base ring and I've got the Mature Metal sizing rings. 2" = 1 knuckle and no more fingers possible for me.

I'm a slim guy, so I'm surprised that I need such a largish base ring - I'm beginning to wonder if it's because I've not been into chastity for very long and that my balls still ride high (I gather the the scrotum get stretched in guys who have been into this kind of play for a while)... I might be wrong on that!

Also, I've found the greatest comfort and security with the CB6000s with the largest base ring and shortish gap pin.

Thank you, this seems to be consistent across the forum - I think I'll side with a oval.

Thank you - I already have the sizing rings from Mature Metal. Ring #1 (1 1/8") is the best fit for my shaft, however it's tight for my bell end. Ring #2 (1 1/4") is okay for my bell end though a little loose for my shaft (My head is a little bulbous)... Thus the dilemma :)

Thank you - I will investigate. The integrated lock looks neat and secure.

Guest 2028 and tomf_22033 like this.
  8. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    If you can wear standard size base rings, say 45mm or 50mm, there’s loads of cheap metal devices you can buy for less than $50. I’d be doing that while working out my sizing before going the big dollars on a custom device.

Nicoftime likes this.
  9. Raati_Sans

Raati_Sans Member

Local Time:
    Thanks guys - I'm now down to:

2 1/4" length
    2" base ring
    Oval base ring
    3/8" gap
    Security Screw

The last decision is whether to go for a 1 1/4" or 1 1/8" shaft (I've a slim shaft and bulbous tip...)

Guest 2028 likes this.
  10. inchastity4her

inchastity4her Active member

Local Time:
    If I could add to the advice offered above I would recommend ordering shorter than you think you need. It will be more comfortable, less room to grow for night time erections, and it will be easier to hide under clothing. I have ordered 3 cages from MM (before discovering the $35 ones on Amazon, which I have several) and my first one on the left was sent back to be shortened from 3 1/2" to 2 3/4". It's still too long and never used at all. I then ordered the second MM cage in from the left and it is 1 3/4" long with 3/8 gap and 2" oval base ring. I would get the security screw 100% over the padlock. I wear my cage 24/7 and the padlock will rattle and show a bulge in gym clothes. As of most recent I have found the 1" stubby cages on the right and the Cherry Keeper to be very comfortable. I have a 7" thick cock but when flaccid it fits perfectly in even the shortest cage. These prevent any type of erection, which can be painful in a longer cage because you can grow a little which pulls the cage away from the body causing "ball burn." Good luck with your selection, but as others have said before spending a few hundred on a custom cage maybe buy a couple cheap ones from Amazon. There are dozens of options and I have a few new ones to try out. With that being said a lot of the cages on Amazon have a 40mm base ring. I have no idea how people can wear those all day because a 50mm is about the smallest I can handle without getting irritation at the 6 o'clock position of my scrotum.

Attached Files:

11. inchastity4her

Local Time:
    Search for TERNENCE as a vendor on Amazon. Big selection and people seem to give praise for the comfort and quality at the price point. Hope this helps should you decide to try a cheaper cage first.

Rally13 and Raati_Sans like this.
  12. Raati_Sans

Raati_Sans Member

Local Time:
    I'm astonished that you can fit into these small cages.

I'm going to order a Steel HoD S73S (£30 GBP) 4.5cm length, inside diameter of 32mm and ring diameter 50mm and wear it for a few weeks before making my Mature Metal decision.

BTW I've been wearing an authentic CB6000s for a while, though I find the bulky plastic base ring a nuisance, hence the desire for a metal device.

13. inchastity4her

Local Time:
    Yep, that's me erect and also me caged. I have experienced temporary shrinkage, but after being uncaged for a few weeks I rebound right back to my normal length/girth.

Attached Files:

EZboy, Guest 2028 and Raati_Sans like this.
  14. MT206

MT206 Long term member

Adelaide, South Australia, AU.
    Local Time:
    12:51 AM
    Did you dye the ring/cage on the CK pictured above? Or did it come like this? My example ended up with too much of a maroon look for my liking.

15. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    Yep, they’re squishy things! Your erect photo looks very similar to me and I know it can squish/shrink very small.

inchastity4her likes this.
  16. inchastity4her

Local Time:
    No it came hot pink like as shown.

17. Jailbird1

Jailbird1 New member

USA
    Local Time:
    10:21 AM
    Something to remember on the oval base ring. The
    Measurement is from top to bottom. I THINK THATS RIGHT???. Any way check that out first. It changes the gap between the tube and ring.
    Please check into this before ordering. Definitely a different fit than a round ring. I've had my jail bird a long time, and cant remember how it went. You can email MM and they'll get back quickly. Very good service.

Raati_Sans likes this.
  18. Raati_Sans

Raati_Sans Member

Local Time:
    Good point - my understating is that the measurement is of a circular ring that is squashed. Though I will check.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice