Is She Mailing It In?

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by SlaveBoy73, Mar 2, 2022.

Random Thread
  1. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    5:24 PM
    I went through a similar process a few weeks back. It's good to occasionally air things out.

Just be "flexible" with your expectations. Neither rely on them, nor give them up.

Relationships are hard. You're good to keep working at it.

What do you mean, "just"? :p

SlaveBoy73 likes this.
  2. Hubby&Missy

Hubby&Missy Love keeps us together

Machine shop owner
    Local Time:
    It is good you had a "heart to heart" with her and you made some progress. What any marital relationship is about in the end is love. Does she show you her love in other ways? It may be that is what you are actually starving for rather than domination. Domination may not be her wheelhouse. if sex is a problem with her disability maybe she can show you her love by snuggling and hand holding or just talking to you more about things you both enjoy. You have a right to expect her to show you her love. You do not have right to tell her it has to be in the form of domination or chastity. It has to be in a way that she is comfortable.
    Just make sure you keep carrying the load with the chores and things that she can't help with. Her being disabled means you may have to bear a bigger share of the load but if you love her that should not feel like a burden. Give her all the love you can and tell her you need her to do the same.

3. SlaveBoy73

SlaveBoy73 Long term member

Local Time:
    Oh really.

Ok.

Turn over all freedom to go anywhere without a PSW to watch over your wife, give up your professional practice, come running every time she has a spasm or a sudden onset urinary emergency, wife her bottom every time she has a BM, make all the food, always clean the house, never travel more than 1 hour from the house for fear that an emergency arises, never have sex, never get touched, never get to touch her, and only get one text message each day giving you "orders" which basically amount to more chores that she hastily slapped together, and as a reward you can jerk off (by yourself) to a ruined orgasm which you may or may not be expected to eat.

Yeah...24/7 care and single-handed upkeep of the entire household for a disabled wife in exchange for that halcyon 1 minute where I play (with myself) on her command, and in another room.

Still want to be me?

Trapped likes this.
  4. SlaveBoy73

Local Time:

That's correct. Love is what I need and love is what I deserve.

It just so happens that love may not come in the form of domination, which I certainly understand, but the fact is that aside from her loving authority, there's not a lot of opportunity for my wife to show me love.

We don't live like others. I think that's what some "shoot from the hip" commenters are missing.

Trapped likes this.
  5. SlaveBoy73

Local Time:
    Any woman would be lucky to have you, Jemima.

jemima and Xileh like this.
  6. SlaveBoy73

Local Time:

We had a "contract" that we put together but it didn't last. My wife just couldn't stick to it and it became another one-sided thing.

7. DirtyFeet

DirtyFeet Active member

Retired
    Penticton, BC
    Local Time:
    That has not been our experience and when I do not follow the spirit of the contract I am disciplined! Our is a true FLR and it was her idea the whole FLR and Male Chastity lifestyle!

8. SlaveBoy73

Local Time:
    that's cool. I'm glad your wife is enforcing the contract. Mine would ignore it and just forget it.

9. DirtyFeet

DirtyFeet Active member

Retired
    Penticton, BC
    Local Time:
    It works because it was her idea

10. SlaveBoy73

Local Time:
    Well that's the difference right there. You're a lucky man.

DirtyFeet likes this.
  11. tecolote

tecolote Long term member

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    2:24 PM
    Ahh.... See. You have totally different list of grievances than 'I think she's phoning it in'. And you are right to be bitter about your situation. Whether or not she is the appropriate focus of the bitterness is irrelevant to whether or not you have a right to be bitter.

But the problem is that being a Dom just isn't a switch that everyone can do. It's possible that what you wish for isn't something that she is able to provide. It sounds like she tries. But it's a little like wishing she was a great painter, and being frustrated that she can't even do shading right. Some people can't do it. Some can. Some need lots of time and feedback. And feedback is hard to differentiate from topping from the bottom.

So no, I don't want to trade places with you, but I would like it if my wife were to phone it in in regards to femdom... Which is what this thread was about until you gave more context.

12. Xileh

Xileh Happily Serving

Local Time:
    2:24 PM
    Marriages can get out of balance on occasion due to external pressures, and sometimes out of apathy.

The foundation of your relationship is your marriage. There is every reason to expect it should be satisfying for both partners. Kink, is just a layer upon the marriage.

Being ignored is abandonment. Being used, is selfish abuse of the marriage agreement and relationship. Even in a relationship such as yours, you are right to expect that your basic needs such as affection, acknowledgement, and companionship are met.

I am glad you had a discussion. That is the first step. If the underlying relationship is not working, there should be no expectation the FLR will succeed. One thing that has helped us, is to get together once a week over a glass of wine or coffee, to go over the past week. It helps prevent things from festering too long. With kink involved, you need to talk even more.

Her disability is a challenge for you as well. She should be sensitive to that. Being a caregiver can be exhausting and demoralizing. You deserve to have your basic needs met (not just kink).

I hope you can both work things out.

SlaveBoy73 likes this.
  13. SubSnuggler

SubSnuggler Owned by Mistress2and4you

USA
    Local Time:
    4:24 PM
    So much can be solved with good old heart-to-heart conversation between two lovers. While FLR relationships are amazingly rewarding, they are still relationships, with all the stresses that come with two people making a life together. We are all rooting for you.

true42 and SlaveBoy73 like this.
  14. SlaveBoy73

Local Time:
    Well it's more along the lines of she has an idea of what my expectations are that doesn't really match (or didn't) match my actual expectations. It's not that she didn't agree to them but rather her understanding wasn't as clear as it could be.

I have since spoken to her and she says that she intends to research how to be more overtly dominant, and more hands-on. This was always my complaint that she would simply forget about it.

I'm sure many men have run into this problem but I dare say those men haven't met my wife.

I have no illusions. She will follow the path of least resistance as she has always done, which is why it was necessary for me to say to her, "That's not good enough".

Now I understand that many of you judge-ey types will say, "Sound the alarm! That's not submission!" and you're right. It's not.

But the reality is that even in a D/s power exchange relationship there has to be consensus ad idem and in some cases a reminder of the terms. The dominant still has obligations; the least of which is to dominate.

I think that at some level the Dominant has their work cut out for them. They need to tame the beast and then maintain the beast. They can't show up like a tenderfoot, expect to ride a wild stallion, and then hand it off to a ranch hand, and then say, "I'm in control of my animal". No. You aren't. You're a dude playing at being a cowboy.

In the end, my wife will have to figure out how she wants to dominate and she'll have a great deal of freedom to do it as she pleases but dominate she must.

In the end, "do as I say" really means "I love you" in our community. Most of us get that. I think sometimes our wives have trouble with that idea though.

15. SlaveBoy73

Local Time:
    Thank you. That means a lot.

16. SlaveBoy73

Local Time:
    I appreciate your kind words. :)

SubSnuggler likes this.
  17. LockedTower

LockedTower Long term member

Corporate Stooge
    Minnesota, USA
    Local Time:
    4:24 PM
    I think this is the paradox of Femdom / FLR. As a submissive you serve her and try to make her happy, but what if she agrees to be you're Domme, but then decides what she really wants is something that looks a lot like a vanilla relationship, perhaps with no kink whatsoever? Are you supposed to serve this desire even though it's not the erotic fantasy you were hoping for? Is it really a D/s dynamic if there is no kink or you don't find it sexually satisfying? I think the answer can only be decided by the individual parties involved.

SlaveBoy73 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice