Is Permanent Chastity defined by the notice period & chance of triggering it?

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Giles_English, Jul 6, 2021.

Random Thread
  1. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    12:00 PM
    OMG, I know! We've been round the houses on this one. However, I think it's useful to have terms to describe things we experience so we can then talk about them, so please bear with me, or walk on by...

Obviously, my chastity isn't permanent as in perpetual. We use the term to mean "long-term, open ended". However, it occurred to me last night (as I knelt in the corner while my wife used her vibrator) that the passage of time doesn't bring release any closer.

Six months ago, when I sealed my device, I had no realistic prospect of release within the next 6 months. Now here I am, and that hasn't changed. If I'm still sealed at Christmas, then I will still be looking forward to at least another 6 months in chastity.

Presumably, at some point Xena's feelings will change, and I will get a sense that we are in our last 6 months of the adventure. However, that is unlikely at any given moment.

So what defines permanent chastity is the (a) implicit "notice period" and (b) the chance of it being triggered in any given month, in my case probably 6 months and perhaps 10%

A long notice period with a low chance of triggering creates interesting psychological effects. You can't pace yourself. You can't console yourself that you are banking experiences for later masturbation. It feels like a done deal.

This leads me to two questions...

1. Is there a useful (for discussion) matrix to be had from this?

2. For those doing permanent/open-ended chastity, how practical would it be to have an explicit notice period?

Rectrix and latexbound like this.
  2. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    8:00 AM
    Can you define notice period and triggering for me?

I believe I understand what you mean but defined in your words would help.

3. Giles_English

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Oh, sorry.

Notice Period

"Unlocking will be subject to a 2 week notice period." So when she decides to unlock him, she will give him tell him 2 weeks ahead of time. That means, until she gives him that notice, he will always be more than 2 weeks away from being unlocked.

Chance of Triggering
    That's the chance the notice period beginning.

4. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    The way we practice permanent chastity, I'm not given any explicit notice period. We have a standing monthly session with a friend, I may, or I may not get unlocked for it. Depends on the scene that has been planned, I'm not privy to the details.

Other than that monthly chance, it's completely random if and when I get unlocked. There are times that we both feel those odds are higher. Like my birthday or our anniversary. But it's not guaranteed.

If you are saying the unlocking after the notice period is absolutely going to happen then personally I've never been given a notice period.

If there is a chance that the unlocking might not happen even after a notice has been announced then mine is triggered monthly.

5. Giles_English

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Hmmm. What I'm trying to get at is the idea that until you have been given notice, your release is at some unknown point in the future.

6. Trapped

Trapped Long term member

quality manager
    houston, texas
    Local Time:
    7:00 AM
    I never know. Basically, when ever she decides to use her toy she just does.

7. Dr MBogo

Dr MBogo You heard the lady! In you go.....

Local Time:
    7:00 AM
    I've been in "open-ended" chastity for 19 months now, and have no idea when it will end. To each his own, but seems to me that you could be over-thinking this. Just let it happen and enjoy it. That's why we do this right? Because it gives us pleasure on some ill-defined level? I'm locked and she has the key. I am completely dependent on her. Feels good to me.....

Sexy Slave 69 likes this.
  8. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    I agree that Permanence is an expectation.
    Or a lack of expectation for the future. I completely agree that the passage of time gets you no closer to any change.

There’s a difference between undefined and unbounded, and definitely infinite.

The problem with “definitely infinite” definition of chastity because you can’t prove it will happen. You don’t know.

My wife prefers the term “uncountable” like the stars. She’s a bit poetic in this.

Simply unbounded and indefinite is exacting language from a mathematical perspective.

A notice period makes it definite and bounded on the low end. “At least six months” does this.

I struggled to get her to make my chastity “definite” and she refused to even give me a lower bound. Otherwise I would keep counting days, and feel entitled.

She’s trying to get me to just live in chastity and denial and stop counting entirely.

So… to explain us….

For my keyholding wife, there’s no notice period. She chafes at making promises. This wouldn’t work for her. It gives me expectations to have something like that.

My chastity and orgasm denial is unbounded and indefinite. It’s her choice, without limit. 100 years was the only maximum she would give.

So I have to pull back and tell you that I’m not caged with a permanent seal. I pushed back on her when she started pressing ideas of permanence last summer. I told her I gave her my key, not threadlocker (or another form of permanent fastening).

We struggled back and forth. She ended up winning. She refused to give me a notice period, or a promise when I’d be uncaged.

She prefers it literally indefinite. Undefined. And unbounded.

Now, I’ve been let out of my cage by her since then. So I’m not in 100% chastity every month. Only a handful of months have I been kept always in my cage. I’ve been living over 99% of my time kept safe and snug. She decides when and always without notice. She told me I needed to stop counting the minutes I spend uncaged because she’s always in control.

So I can’t claim permanent chastity or permanent orgasm denial. Not 100% wear. Not 0 orgasms.

But she did tell me my masturbation denial is permanent last year. I complained that I should be allowed to stroke to orgasm since it had been over two years. She looked hurt that I even asked, because I vowed to her all my pleasure would be hers forever. I figured she’d guide my masturbation again to climax someday. She told me it was her mistake by leaving me out of chastity, and I should never expect that to happen again. It took many months for me to accept this. I truly did struggle with permanence.

Definite permanence is difficult to deal with. “Never again” is tough. I wasn’t grateful at all last year. The issue is she can’t prove she won’t change her mind. It gives me a little hope.

Future permanence is problematic. It implies intent. It’s easier to “count up” and look at the past.

A trailing indicator is easier to talk about.

Rectrix, shortstraw and Matthew989 like this.
  9. Xileh

Xileh Happily Serving

Local Time:
    5:00 AM
    We (she), practices full-time chastity, with releases for doctor appointments, travel and teasing. Sometimes she lets me out for heavy physical work. Otherwise, I am not aware when she intends to unlock me next.

Rectrix, Peter Rabbit and Matthew989 like this.
  10. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    1:00 PM
    same here, just with the addition of hygiene release about every 5 days or so, as I wear I full tube device, not a cage. But it’s wash, shave, dry and straight back on.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  11. latexbound

latexbound Locked

Wales, UK
    Local Time:
    1:00 PM
    I much prefer the term "perpetual" to "permanent", though the latter sends shivers through me more than the former! I guess the whole point of using either term is that there is no notice period with decisions in the hands of the person holding the key and that scenario is as close as one can get to true perpetuity... or perceived permanence. At the end of the day, it's what works best for the dynamic between both parties. Though I never want to know any kind of target date I do want to believe release lies in the future in some shape or another!

Tom Allen and Rectrix like this.
  12. Giles_English

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Thanks! I feel as if I'm onto something here, but I'm not quite sure if I am articulating it

That's not quite how I meant it. I mean, that the countdown only begins when she gives notice.

So, suppose I was on "6 months' notice". At any given moment, I'd know that I was going to serve at least another 6 months in the device, until the day she turns around and says, "Right, I will release you in 6 months."

Can you think of a better way to phrase that?

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice