How exactly do I use sizing rings?

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by John Valjon, Oct 1, 2021.

1. John Valjon

John Valjon Member

Local Time:
    10:24 AM
    I understand the basic advice of see what you can wear comfortably for a few days, make sure you can slip a fingertip underneath, make sure your balls don’t change color (or give other symptoms of reduced circulation).

My problem is that I can comfortably wear anything from 1.5” to 2”, but they all slip off spontaneously. They all pass the fingertip test. Only the 1.5” has any impact on circulation. So many different sizes all pass one test but fail another.

My CB-6000 fits comfortably with the ring sized roughly 1.8”x1.9” oval. But my larger ring MCN Adaptus (roughly 1.9”x2.0”) causes chafing. I’m flummoxed at how to size the ring for my next device.

2. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    #2 King Hippo, Oct 1, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    how are you putting it on, i don't get it... I am unsure how a 1.5inch could fit just as well as a 2.0 inch....

3. John Valjon

John Valjon Member

Local Time:
    The usual way one puts on rings. One ball, then the other. Schwanz last. Don’t get me wrong, the 1.5” is a tight squeeze. But I can get them all on. I can get a finger tip underneath once on. But they all pop off on their own.

My understanding was that the fingertip test shows “not too tight,” but popping off shows “too loose.” And clearly the 1.5” was too tight for me. So what am I doing wrong with the fingertip test? Am I misinterpreting or missing other parts of the sizing procedure?

4. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    i dunno how it could be sliding off... is the tube part too big for you? Also, I shot you an instant message. If you are on a desktop it will be easy to find... but if you are on a mobile device, you will need to click messanger.

5. John Valjon

John Valjon Member

Local Time:
    Sorry, I think I’m mixing up when I’m talking about just a sizing ring and when I’m talking about a full cage. The full cage doesn’t pop off (unless the weather is cold).

my confusion has two main points:
    1. The Adaptus has a larger ring than what I use with my CB-6000. Yet the Adaptus causes chafing while the CB-6000 does not.
    2. Trying to use sizing rings to figure out what size ring I should really use, every ring passes the fingertip test but slips off over time. I’m utterly confused what size ring I should try for my next cage.

6. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    3:24 PM
    please @John Valjon you has to wear the smallest ring that can fit on you and not hurt lots. so if the cage comes with lots of rings keep try them till one really really is tight and hurts a bit and then wear the one thats just a bit bigger than that one and thats the ring that is for you. but as well some cages and the rings hurt more than other ones so you has to try and find one that dont hurt.

King Hippo likes this.
  7. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    It's not only a matter of ring internal diameter. Chafing is not usually a result of ring size, it's much more likely caused by skin dryness or a rough surface on the device.

Ring thickness and the material of the ring matters.
    The thicker the ring, the less point pressure there is. This has at least two effects. A wider ring traps more moisture against the skin, especially with plastic which is less conductive to heat.
    A thinner ring allows more moisture to evaporate, especially with metal rings which are more conductive to heat. So given your two devices, I would expect the steel MCN to result in your skin being dryer, so more prone to chafing if you have dryish skin.

Try repeating your comfort tests again, but this time use plenty of skin cream / lube / vaseline.
    If you do I can guarantee you'll get completely different results. For comfort, you should be able to freely rotate the base ring around without any drag on your skin, it should slide.

You should be using the smallest ring that doesn't cause pain or a change of skin colour.

Getting the base ring size correct is just the first step.
    Once you know the base ring size, you then have to fix the gap that you need.
    If the gap is too large, then the cage will still slip off, and if it's too small it'll cause pain or a change of skin colour.

But, if you change the ring size, or change the diameter of the cage ring (ie use a different cage), then the gap changes, so that has to be adjusted for again. The problem being that the gap isn't the same all the way around, and it also isn't the perpendicular distance between the rings, but the angular distance between the rings at the bottom where it's biggest.

I have written a number of posts on the sizing issue, have a read of these and it should help...
    https://www.chastitymansion.com/for...8569/&q=perpendicular&o=date&c[user][0]=41519

John Valjon likes this.
  8. John Valjon

John Valjon Member

Local Time:
    #8 John Valjon, Oct 4, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    Thanks for the advice. I do lubricate my base ring with silicon-based lube. But in my Adaptus, I start to chafe after 3-4 days even if I re-lube daily. In the CB-6000, I can go a week or more with only reliving after a shower or a hygiene unlock.

Like I said, none of the sizing rings causes me pain, but they all slip off on their own when I’m “test driving” them. These data points make it hard to reach a conclusion. Unless everybody is trying to tell me that the slipping off is actually irrelevant. Is that what you’re saying?

I’m aware of the difficulties with gap size, too. I think I need quite a small gap, based on various experiences and experiments. I was thinking of trying a Cherry Keeper, but I’m afraid the 8mm gap is too big for me.

9. John Valjon

John Valjon Member

Local Time:
    Grrr, autocorrect. “Re-lubing” not “reliving.”

10. John Valjon

John Valjon Member

Local Time:
    Wait, so I should try a “spin test” rather than a “wear the ring around for a day” test? Should the test ring be lubed?

11. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    Do both tests, but yes, lube the test ring too.
    You're trying to find the smallest ring that you can wear, lube makes it easier, and even an oversize ring can cause problems if there's too much friction.

One thing to watch for and which still catches me out occasionally... If you get aroused and leak a little then when the ejaculate dries on the ring it can get quite abrasive, and it doesn't take long to go from a clean device to one that starts irritating your skin

John Valjon likes this.
  12. John Valjon

John Valjon Member

Local Time:
    Interesting. Exploring that issue will require extensive scientific testing, many many trials …
    Maybe that’s just me getting hopeful.
    Thanks!

13. John Valjon

John Valjon Member

Local Time:
    Testing update: 1-3/4” test ring does not pass spin test and chafed while wearing. 1-7/8” ring felt very comfortable, but one or both testicles popped out after an hour of less of wear. With repeated testing, the pop out happened sometimes in response to movement and sometimes on its own.

Should I ignore the pop outs since a full cage can compensate with a small gap? How can I comfort test for 24 hours if it won’t stay on?

14. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    I wouldn’t ignore the pop out, as it can even happen when wearing the cage as well, in my opinion, you need to try a smaller ring.

bondinchas likes this.
  15. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    8:24 AM
    The pop out is much less likely when wearing the cage than just the ring. That’s where the gap size becomes super important. Too big, and you can pop out even if the ring is too tight for comfort; too small, and you’ll have unbearable scrotum burn.

You don’t say what brand of device you’re shopping for, but if you’re working with sizing rings, that suggests MM. I seem to recall them actually advising not to try wearing the rings around like cock rings, but rather just using them for the sizing test and then removing them. I could be wrong though.

To me it sounds like 1-7/8 is the right size, but if I were you I’d definitely communicate all this to MM and see what they think.

16. John Valjon

John Valjon Member

Local Time:
    I’m torn between trying a new brand and just ordering a new ring for my Adaptus. The current ring for my MCN Adaptus gives my both pop outs and scrotum burn. (I had mis-diagnosed a problem with a cheap knockoff Jailbird and ordered a 0.5-inch gap for my Adaptus. Big mistake!). I’m using the 3rd party cock rings that MCN links to as recommended sizing rings, and the MCN advice is to find the size you can comfortably wear for 24 hours. Hence my dilemma.

My wife is limiting the budget to ~$100, so full custom is out. (For now.). I’m intrigued by the Cherry Keeper, but I can’t find a model with a gap as small as I think I need.

I’m open to other ideas within budget. I’ve browsed a bit on lockthecock.com.

I want to get this right, or my wife will be… upset.

17. Vivandis

Vivandis Member

Local Time:
    Same problem here with sizing rings, even with a 1 3/4 test ring, it's pretty tight and even hard to put on. But it pops out by itself in less than an hour. I doubt very much I could fit a smaller ring than that. It's not possible to wear it for a day for testing purposes. Should I try to force myself into an even smaller ring?

John Valjon likes this.
  18. John Valjon

John Valjon Member

Local Time:
    My takeaway from this conversation was that popping out of a test ring is not a deal breaker. We should be looking for the smallest ring that can spin without resistance when on. Additionally, it should not cut off circulation or cause color changes.

Popping out of a full cage (not just a sizing ring), I have learned on other threads usually means too large of a gap.

bondinchas likes this.
  19. Bo Porter

Bo Porter Member

Local Time:
    I was waiting patiently for someone to mention the gap in the thread.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice