Decisions, decisions....

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by Crowe, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Crowe

Crowe Long term member

Local Time:
    5:02 PM
    I currently have a Jailbird, which I love, but want to add a PA hook to it and adjust the length a bit. I emailed MM and unfortunately they cannot add a PA hook, but MCN will add the hook. Price for length adjustment would be about $100 and adding a PA hook would be about $300. That's another $400 on top of what I already paid for it. Would I be better off going with a new Contender or upgrading my Jailbird?

2. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    Get a new Contender made to your specifications with the PA mount. Then you’ll have two cages. That has value.

I can attest that the Contender is excellent. You’ll love it just as much, or more. It’s lighter by design.

When you do get the Contender, get the new MCNkey system. Those keyed screws are the highest security you can get.

Rectrix and elias like this.
  3. Peter Rabbit

USA
    Local Time:
    In the end, you do as you like. If your cage fits perfect, except for a bit extra length, then get it modified. You can only wear one cage at a time. ;)

4. Crowe

Crowe Long term member

Local Time:
    May I ask you a question? With the Glans Armor, is there any issue with the cage not filling completely up going from erect to flaccid and vice versa?

5. Peter Rabbit

USA
    Local Time:
    I would stick with the Contender as your first PA secured cage. You were pierced recently right?

Yes. You need to get the diameter right. I fill my GlansArmor2 when flaccid and it squeezes when erect. It’s a different experience than a ball trap cage.

Keep it simple.

6. Crowe

Crowe Long term member

Local Time:
    Yes, pierced in early April. I've been looking for a Contender but found a deal on a GA that is about perfect size. I was initially thinking of modifying my Jailbird, but after a little research, it will end up costing more than a new cage. Also my Jailbird is a tad too narrow for me, so up for sale it goes.

7. Peter Rabbit

USA
    Local Time:
    What is a “tad too narrow?” What happens?
    (I thought you just wanted to shorten it)

You should be fine after nearly 3 months healing. But I’ve seen a lot of folks here with “young piercings” that get finicky. Nothing seems right in the beginning until the piercing has toughened up. And I waited to stretch to 4ga from 8ga… I don’t know if it was just the time or the wider PA hook that made for comfortable 24/7 wear.

My advice: It seems you’re cash strapped, so sell the Jailbird. Use your experience to order a proper fitting Contender. Then get the PA added once you’re settled.

I wasted a lot of time and money on second hand cages. Finding one with the right PA gauge, setback and diameter is a challenge.
    You end up talking yourself into thoughts like “it will work anyway”. I ended up causing myself both edema and pinching and pain in the dick by letting my over excited brain override my rational thought.

I’m not saying that’s where you are… I can’t know… but it’s something to watch out for.

Good luck to you!

8. Crowe

Crowe Long term member

Local Time:
    When I first got my Jailbird, it fit perfectly. 3 months with zero issues, then we took a break for a month or so last summer and ever since I have had issues. I was. I initially thought by adding a little length would resolve some of that, but after speaking with MM, determined that diameter was a bit small, causing edema.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice