Cyclists... help!

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by Quietlisten, May 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    4:18 PM
    I agree with Tom Allan. It's not worth the safety risk to me. Suppose you fall (inevitable if you ride enough) and your body contorts in such a way that the cage literally rips your genitalia off? I admit, an extreme example, but I feel that wearing a chastity device in the event of a crash is an unnecessary risk.

As they say, just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

I hope that helps.

sammartin likes this.
  2. denwo

denwo New member

UK, Southend
    Local Time:
    12:18 AM
    Riding either my road bike or gravel bike I often get pinched between seat and ball trap. Not sure if there's a solution.

I got a new town bike yesterday (Dutch seating position) and immediately no problem. Super comfy not a caged care in the world.

3. atxmtb

atxmtb Long term member

Local Time:
    6:18 PM
    I ride a mountain bike. I actually thought it was very comfortable. Different style seat for sure, different riding style too. But it seems that a chastity cage is made for mountain biking.

WTF15 likes this.
  4. Juststartingcb

Juststartingcb Active member

Local Time:
    7:18 PM

Well, unless you plan on competing try riding a recumbent. No crotch pressure at all.

The Queens consort likes this.
  5. nevio

nevio Member

Poland
    Local Time:
    1:18 AM
    Hi, It's been a few months since my wife and I returned to male chastity after a long break. I wear a steel cage permanently. I can see that this has been good for our relationship. However, there was a serious problem for me. I love riding a cross bike. It is my passion and a way to relax. Before we got back to the male chastity belt, I was cycling often more than 100 km a day. Since I've been carrying a cage, my bike trips have become very short and uncomfortable. I don't ride competitively and I don't break records, but I've often come back from a ride sore. My life's dream is a multi-day bicycle trip with panniers and camping equipment. This summer, I talked to my wife about my problem. My wife wouldn't let me take off the cage so I could ride my bike on long trips. She told me to choose either her or no cage. We argued about it for the first time in a long time. I'm distraught. Is it even possible to reconcile riding a bicycle with carrying a cage? I conclude from your posts that it is not. But maybe, a bit of hope...? I've read about silicone cages. It's not that it's very comfortable, but that it's better than in a metal cage. But opinions on silicone cages are divided. I use a Brooks bike saddle.

HouseboyForHer likes this.
  6. atxmtb

atxmtb Long term member

Local Time:
    6:18 PM
    That's a bummer. I ride with a Vice and I've got absolutely no problem, but I ride a mountain bike and I don't ride 100km (more like 10mi). But it feels great, like I could ride all day. Then again, I don't ride with panniers or camping equipment. They also make a chastity tube that you attach with a PA. I think this would be your best option. You don't have a ring, which is the root of all evil. You also don't have a ball catch, which is the second root of evil. If I had or wanted a piercing, I'd probably get a shaft only. Check out this site: Chastity Tubes (rigidchastity.com). They say they are the best solution on the market for runners. I figure it'd work well for biking. Enjoy your ride!!!

nevio likes this.
  7. JessMal

JessMal Active member

Local Time:
    I've seen some that use a tube with a glans ring instead of a piercing. Might check into that.

8. HouseboyForHer

HouseboyForHer Long term member

Nerd Techy with lots of Math
    U.S.
    Local Time:
    Doggone it, there needs to be a "dislike your situation" button. But I hit the "like" instead.

Everyone is different, and you didn't give a lot of details. I'm very experienced riding with a cage, and am a pretty serious cyclist. No centuries like @Rectrix in a while, though. :-(

I ride in a Badass Workroom steel device. I make sure I ride with some lube in my pocket. I hope adding that to your kit, and getting rid of that Brooks saddle and using a perineum-protecting open-channel saddle helps.

If you want to share more details about your soreness, maybe people here will have specific suggestions.

9. HouseboyForHer

HouseboyForHer Long term member

Nerd Techy with lots of Math
    U.S.
    Local Time:
    I'm so happy I stumbled on this thread. I have no or insignificant problems with any ride under two hours. Even a social three-hour ride (lots of regroups) doesn't pose much of a problem. But that's not to say things are perfect, and discomfort is not uncommon. Just that it's manageable. I've developed some methods that really help me. And I learned a lot more reading this thread.

I wear a Badass Workroom steel device. (I like it very much.)

Issue #1: having my penis skin sneak out around the bars of the cage and get pinched between the bar and the shorts. Hurts like HELL, and can easily cause a sore that would upset the Wife. Solution: blue painters' masking tape applied to the outer part of the cage tube for its length. Don't worry, I can remove the tape at the end of the ride without significant pain, and you can too!

Issue #2: the top part of the glans getting rubbed against a seam. This can make me raw, and makes my Wife very upset. Solution: see #1. Cover that area with masking tape, but leave the pee hole free.

Issue #3: chafing and general discomfort under/around the ring. Solution: I use my standard lube, which is (in the U.S.) called A&D. It's really greasy stuff, and very viscous. A good coating of that really keeps the chafing away. And I carry a small tube of the stuff with me.

Issue #4: the integrated lock at the top of the ring sawing back and forth against my pubis. This can make a red or even raw spot about two inches above the ring. As noted, this is a result of being hunched over in a "serious roadie" position. Solution: same as #3, plus keeping some close-cropped pubic hair growing in that area.

Issue #5: left testicle really wanting to pull back through the ring when things get cooler. This is a problem whether riding or not. The solution evades me, but this results only in discomfort. If I turn the cage the left side (hey, I dress to the left, too, or at least I used to), that really helps. I'm thinking that a wind break to keep my nuts warm would possibly fix even that.

Yeah, I hate to ride without my cage. But not for anonymous bragging rites. I just know that inside my cage is where my penis needs to be, and when I'm out of it, it feels wrong.

Sorry this is so long...

nevio and Rectrix like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice