Covid-19 and Life

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Hubby&Missy, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Fit To Be Tied

Fit To Be Tied Long term member

Retired
    Whidbey Island, Washington
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    4:40 AM
    British Columbia To Force Unvaccinated Mothers to Repay Up To $50,000 In Maternity Leave Benefits
    The government of British Columbia, Canada plans to make mothers who work in the public sector who refuse vaccinations responsible for paying back their maternity leave benefits.

According to the BC government, birth mothers who work for the British Columbia Public Service are entitled to 17 weeks of paid leave and may also qualify for the federal government’s Employment Insurance (EI) maternity benefit and the province’s own maternity leave allowance.

But now, those working in the BC Public Service who are pregnant and have not been completely vaccinated against Chinese Coronavirus will have to pay back their whole maternity leave top-up benefit and may also lose their jobs.

War is being waged by Canada on the unvaccinated. War is being waged by Canada on mothers!

I looks out my window and see British Columbia, Canada every day. What a totalitarian shit-hole of a country it has become.

See:

https://www.myprincegeorgenow.com/164551/news/unvaccinated-mothers-facing-up-to-50000-in-maternity-leave-repayment-to-bc-government/

2. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    What sort of demographic madness is this? Kill/sterilize half the women via the shots. Harass the remainder so they won’t want children. Perfect recipe for ruining your future.

Are government tyrants so stupid as to kill the wrong group if you want a “smaller footprint”? It would seem so.

As Mark Steyn says, the future will belong to those who show up for it.

The news just gets more evil and sadder.

3. Suewiang

Suewiang Long term member

Maid
    England
    Local Time:
    12:40 PM
  4. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
  5. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Civil Liberties Lawyer:
    Lawsuits Coming For Entities That Don't Change Chinese Coronavirus Mandates After CDC Update

Entities with Chinese Coronavirus vaccine mandates that don’t pay heed to the new Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance will face lawsuits, a civil liberties lawyer says.

We don’t have a new lawsuit in the works yet. But if we see that colleges and universities and public employers are not responding to the new CDC guidance the way that they should be, then we would certainly tee up a new lawsuit,” Mark Chenoweth, president and general counsel at the New Civil Liberties Alliance, told The Epoch Times.

The CDC issued updated guidance on August 11th, stating in part that risk for illness from Chinese Coronavirus “is considerably reduced by immunity derived from vaccination, previous infection, or both” and that “persons who have had COVID-19 but are not vaccinated have some degree of protection against severe illness from their previous infection.”

The public health agency rolled back quarantine recommendations for people, regardless of vaccination status, citing the high amount of immunity in the U.S. population from vaccination, prior infection, or both.

Since virtually all entities that have imposed mandates have cited CDC guidance, the entities won’t be able to argue they aren’t aware of the updated guidance, according to Chenoweth.

That means any institution that doesn’t alter or rescind its mandate in light of the update “is ripe for a lawsuit,” he said.

The New Civil Liberties Alliance has brought lawsuits against Michigan State University (MSU), the U.S. government, Fairfax County Public Schools, George Mason University, and Rhode Island officials over mandates that the legal group says are illegal.

See:
    https://www.theepochtimes.com/lawsuits-coming-for-entities-that-dont-change-covid-mandates-after-cdc-update-lawyer_4667572.html

6. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    7:40 AM
    Does she have any risks that make getting Covid potentially extra dangerous for her? If not, why are you taking the extra precautions?

I’m overweight and have asthma and didn’t get Covid until last month. When I got it, it was like a long flu with the extra joy of vertigo. Once I got better, I had a cough and asthma attacks for a few weeks. I also lost most of the cardio conditioning that I regained by getting back to the gym.

I’m just now feeling like I’m 100% and returning to the gym has been a little rough. But I’m quickly getting my stamina back as well as my cardio capacity.

Anyway, my point is for most people Covid is no big deal. And even those of us with higher risk factors it’s not a death sentence. Sure it can suck for a bit and it can be really inconvenient but it’s nothing to fear.

Ms Lucy has questioned if my positive test result was really Covid or a flu. I think she has a valid question. But I think it really doesn’t matter as IMHO Covid is a man made variant of the flu that has characteristics that were used to drive this insanity.

Now I may be wrong. But Ms Lucy and others are making a pretty solid case that this is about control not public health.

Even if we’re wrong, given what we know, I hope you and your wife stop living in fear. To me that’s worse than the potential harm of Covid and it’s why from the start, I chose to exercise a reasonable level of caution. A tactic that served me well for this whole “pandemic” until last month. After that I don’t know if I got a little careless or if I just got unlucky, or if the latest modification to the Chinese Covid just is more contagious. It really doesn’t matter as I choose not to live in fear.

So I’m trying to figure out what makes sense from a caution standpoint. But I refuse to wear a dirty germ spreading submission rag on my face. And I refuse to live in fear. So extra space in the store and in public works for me as I’ve never liked strangers close to me. Avoiding cities and crowds works for me as I’m not one for crowds. The rest well we all have to figure out on our own and I hope you. Can find a place that is sane and not controlled by fear!

7. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    WHAT A PROFOUND LOSS!
    as
    The Esteemed Little Elf Announces His Retirement In December
    No doubt smelling blood in the water in the upcoming November mid term elections, The Esteemed Little Elf, aka, Dr. Death, aka Dr. Doom, aka Dr. Mengele, aka Dr. Quack, aka Dr. Flip Flop, aka The Patron Saint of Wuhan and Wokesters, aka Dr. Phony Fauci, announced today that after 51years of sucking on the government teat, he will be stepping down from his positions as director of NIAID and Chief of the NIAID laboratory of immunoregulation in December. He will also be stepping down from his position of chief medical adviser to the Resident of The White House, The Demented One.

Cue the violin music ...

Hate to use this as a source .... but this time it’s worth it:

See:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/22/us/politics/fauci-retire.html

8. MtnViper

MtnViper Long term member

Currently resting mind and body
    Arizona
    Local Time:
    Interesting tidbit from nearby county:

Less and less Covid shots in the region that’s because Yavapai County’s level of social immunity has allowed health experts to do away with quarantines for COVID-19. Leslie Horton, director of the county’s Health Services Department, said 95% of county residents have either recovered from a bout of COVID or have received some level of vaccination. Specifically, she said, 50% of residents have had at least one shot. For the first time this summer, COVID-19 numbers in Yavapai County are heading in a good direction, she said. Horton, updating the Board of Supervisors at their Aug. 17 meeting in Cottonwood, said the 52 cases reported last week are less than half of those reported the week of July 4. At that time, numbers spiked to over 100. Going forward, she expects COVID to be treated like other infectious disease.
    https://myradioplace.com/2022/08/22/covid-19-social-immunity-high-in-yavapai-county/

Dianna1395 likes this.
  9. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    What’s profoundly sad for a that retiring will be a sufficient get out of jail free card for the bastard.

Dianna1395 and Fit To Be Tied like this.
  10. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    #3435 L-u-c-y, Aug 22, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
    Or more likely, had it and not even known. As was said by the experts at the beginning.

11. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Keep Your January Schedule Open, Tony:
    as
    Republicans say The Esteemed Little Elf stepping down will not stop their plans to investigate him; tell him not to delete any emails and promise to hold him accountable for his Chinese Coronavirus response
    • The Elf announced he will leave government in December to 'pursue the next chapter' of his career (poisoning the next generation);
    • He advised a string of presidents over 50 years, including Trump at the start of the Chinese Coronavirus plandemic;
    • Republicans were already gearing up to investigate him should they take control of Congress;
    • Lawmakers in both chambers said they would not be dissuaded by his decision to leave;
    • The Elf tangled with Sen.. Rand Paul (a physician) and other Republicans over the origins of the virus; and
    • Republicans have clashed with The Elf over masking, travel orders, lockdowns, school closures, and the origins of the plandemic.
    31A5F14C-8F4C-4180-A439-89A741AB4CFB.jpeg
    See:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-stepping-not-stop-plans-investigate-him.html

12. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    38C4607F-86CA-4F27-8C3E-25D6D6801C71.jpeg
    If he isn’t tried for Crimes Against Humanity, hopefully he can be force-fed a dosage of Remdisivir every day while he is kept in a New York nursing home until he passes ... but not before he is forced to wear a plastic cone around his neck with a thousand sand fleas biting him ... just for fun!

13. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I feel much better. I’m not holding my breath, but at least someone is thinking the right way.

14. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    It'll be Fauci's turn to feel an ouchie.

Dianna1395, subrick, Suewiang and 2 others like this.
  15. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Ok, time for a little fun idea.

Does male chastity (and the associated semen retention that goes along with it) improve the immune system helping to stave off Covid?

Perhaps LUCY can design a study and we volunteer to help her research.

My null hypothesis is that NO shots + NO cumming = NO Covid.

Three month study?

16. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    Not a subject I'd want to go near : )

17. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Probably more scientific than the Covid nonsense over the years.

Chastity tubes for everyone!

Fit To Be Tied likes this.
  18. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    “ ... I HAD A DREAM ...”

Dianna1395, subrick and Lazlo Toth like this.
  19. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I admit. It feels really good to be able to laugh at this stuff.

What will become of Fauci?
    Wollensky?
    Terri’s?
    New York Slimes Boy?

Dianna1395 and subrick like this.
  20. ChasteJase

ChasteJase Long term member

Local Time:
    7AA5AE75-D395-40F3-B085-B1640594023A.jpeg
    this one was too good not to share here.

21. HusbandX

HusbandX Long term member

Local Time:
    I don't live in fear, Tom. I live across every continent, except antarctica, am on the road nearly continuously, and am regularly in more countries than most people will ever see in their lifetime.

I take ample precautions, and with good reason.

The idiots who deny climate change deny covid deny everything but their wild, insane conspiracy theories. Those live in fear, of nearly everything, and they display it with anger.

We see it here in this thread, in spades.

I have concluded that those who engage in these fantasies are invariably those of lesser intelligence, easily led, and there are a lot of them. As always, without evidence, without anything to back them up except oft-repeated lies they pulled off the internet and failed to fact check. I've no desire to convince them; it's much like teaching a pig to sing. Truly a waste of time, albeit mildly entertaining, and much of the time, it feeds the pig.

Deny, diminish, dismiss. It's the way of the conspiracy theorist.

I don't live in fear, Tom. I live in the world. All of it. Including areas devastated by Covid et al. I won't be hiding in fear when I travel internationally again tonight, either. Deny, dismiss, diminish. Hope you don't have to hide in fear...not hiding in fear, thanks,

22. tomf_22033

VA USA
    Local Time:
    First I don’t know what this has to do with climate change.

Second, the devastation of Covid has been on our freedom. It’s been economic. Yes many have died. And yes it’s a real condition. A MAN MADE one by a COMMUNIST NATION. One that has made clear their intent to become the dominant world power.

If yiu travel as much as you say, you should know how so many countries have used this to make life hell for all of us.

Again this s isn’t about saving lives it’s about CONTROL.

If it were about saving lives there would be public health announcements on how to Properly Use PPE. Masks are nothing but a way to easily see who is buying into the power grab, They do nothing but make people sick used they way they’re being used. If you do t believe me take a Red Cross first aid class, Better yet take an EPA lead safety class. And learn the difference between and N100 and an N95 mask. And let’s not even bring in R100 and P100 masks as the masses have no idea what they are and why they exist. The short version is 95 series masks aren’t filtering Covid. And a dirty rag sure isn’t.

As for intelligence. I’d highly suggest you think twice before claiming people who disagree with you aren’t intelligent. Many of us have multiple advanced degrees and in difficult subjects. For instance, I know a little bit about Ms Lucy’s background and can assure you her intelligence level is on a scale few can match. And her educational background is insanely impressive, especially for her age,

And if you knew my background you’d take that pathetic claim and drop it. But what do I know. Years of teaching people how to PROPERLY use PPE magically didn’t matter once the “experts” in the media pushed Fauci’s mask mandate. The one he was originally against. The one that failed multiple times before going back pre 911. Look up mask use in Japan and other parts of Asia and how it was useless.

As for “conspiracy theory”. I have no love for the far right, just like I have none for the far left. For the CCP and for anyone who hates freedom. But I’ll be the first to tell you that ALL “conspiracy” theories have some validity. If they didn’t they’d die quickly. The thing is figuring out how much is real, and how much is BS and an agenda.

Prior to the last 7 or so years I’ve had friends with all sorts of beliefs. Sadly those on the left have become intolerant of anyone who disagrees with them. And the further left someone is the less tolerant. Hence I’ve lost friends because of this. Ironically those further right were less tolerant before this but not as bad now. And I find this frustrating as I’ve always enjoyed discussion, debate and even heated conversations which seemed just short of fights.

Reading your post, it’s clear to me you have a mind view that won’t be changed. So please leave me alone. If and when you learn even the basics on proper PPE USE (hint it’s ONE TIME USE) and admit that cloth rags are useless maybe BwW can begging a discussion there. Otherwise read the article about the polar ice melting and killing the habitat for walrus. Oh yea it was written in the 1930s. Or read the articles on the coming ice age written in the 1970s. Or Saint Al Gore who said NY would be under water by now. oh yea while he says we all should drive Prius while he lives in a 20,000 sf mansion and is escorted by security in SUVs and he rides in limos. Listen to John Kerry who flys on private jets, or expert Leonardo Decrapio who does likewise.

Personally since you mentioned it I’ll take your climate agenda and ignore it. Instead, I’ll continue to recycle. I’ll continue to upcycle, and I’ll continue to live a sane life by not wasting and buying things I don’t need. I bet at the end of the day, if we got to it your jet setting all over the world has done more damage to the planet than my working from home, and living a frugal lifestyle has. So I don’t need your lectures. Nor do I need idiots like AOC and others telling me about the planet.

Oh yea, in case anyone cares, I’m currently getting ready to buy a significant amount of land. Land I intend to protect. And land that has these things called trees. Trees that clean O2 from the air. Tress that are the most effective tool in fighting your carbon war. Trees you and those like you cut down at a massive rate building your “sustainable housing” in the dumps we call cities. Cities AOC says I should live in, Cities that overran where I grew up. Cities that destroyed acres and acres of farms and beautiful country and now add to the environmental damage.

So F off and leave me the hell alone. And if this is long and a rant, it’s because I haven’t been sleeping the last few nights. And I’m replying to your drivel tired and with little patience for the crap you spew.

23. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    #3448 L-u-c-y, Aug 23, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
    0.02% of the worlds population died from and with covid, and that's going by the official numbers.

Get a grip.

I think we can all agree that confining people to their homes and paying them not to work is by far the most extreme government policy in all of our lifetimes, if not ever, and thinking this is a bizarre over reaction does not make someone a conspiracy theorist or stupid.

Shall I tell you why the world is in such a fucked up state? It's not me that has caused it, it's not conspiracy theorists, it's not anti vaxxers, it's the so called "expert" government advisors that you worship and think can do no wrong. They caused the state of the world.

Contributers to this thread, that you would call anti vaxxers, have not asked anyone to do anything in the last 2.5 years, all we have asked is to be left alone.

People like you have tried to force everyone to do what YOU want.

24. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    The ramifications of lockdowns. The cure was worse than the virus.

a1.jpg

25. tomf_22033

VA USA
    Local Time:
    THANK YOU

As always much better said than I could.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice