Chastity and depression

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Sub_kjm, Jan 29, 2020.

Random Thread
  1. Sub_kjm

Sub_kjm Active member

Local Time:
    12:53 AM
    Iam currently in day 3 of being locked and i suffer from depression am just curious if anyone else here does and how they combat it

2. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    7:53 AM
    hello and welcome to here. I have had depression and its horrible to have. my Mistress tooked me to see a nice doctor and I had some pills that I took for nearly 2 years and I saw the doctor some times again and now I dont have to have any pills and im ok now.

3. LockedDaddyWolf

Atlanta, Ga (USA)
    Local Time:
    2:53 AM
    While I've yet to be successfully locked, I do deal with depression and anxiety (I have PTSD from a bad accident years ago where I was killed and had to be revived).

Regardless of the chastity, the best thing for depression is a good support structure of friends you can lean on and that accept you, not try to "Fix" you. You don't "Fix" someone with depression. You support them.

I've found a group of about a dozen, kink friendly friends on a small discord server. They are like family to me. We talk about anything. They know I'm a daddy dom, and yet they have no problem with me wanting to be in chastity. They support it.

Having that support structure of people to be able to talk to, that care, that are just there for you, regardless... that's how to deal with it.

Feel free to shoot me a DM here if you ever find yourself in a "I really need to talk" situation! Hell, anyone on here, that goes for you too.

4. Guest 1101

Guest 1101 Active member

Local Time:
    12:53 AM
    if you are truly feeling depression the thing you should be doing is seeing a professional. There are real issues that are chemical and the only appropriate way to treat it is through medication. There is a difference between being sad for a few days and actual depression. Yes, some of the medications have side effects (and yes, they can affect libido and performance if you end up on one that your body doesn’t like), but there are literally dozens of different options.

A family history of clinical depression, coupled with years of going to fatal accidents and crime scenes, and other things, have put me on medications for more than 15 years now. I try to get off of them, but it never goes well. Now I am locked in long-term chastity and my mood is improving. The rages are in check.

5. PouchPantyLover

PouchPantyLover Long term member

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    8:53 PM
    @Sub K are you feeling depressed? Or are you dealing with depression? The first is just part of life with a cage or without. The second is a serious medical issue as others pointed out. I'm going to guess you meant the first. I deal with this myself on a semi-regular basis. I'm in a FLR where chastity is just one element of it. My domestic service is really hard exhausting work. I've done 4 loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen and gone grocery shopping today while also trying to do my paying job. I was folding some clothes and I just felt like crying from frustration. Why am I doing this, why shouldn't my dick be free and I get to cum. For me it is part of the roller coaster that is my relationship. You have to accept the ups with the downs. I find what helps the most is when I have something to look forward to. An event or a promise of some special treatment with my key holder. That gives me a lot of staying power. The one big negative is when she doesn't come through as promised. I find then I get really upset and petulant.

LockedTxHubby likes this.
  6. Colton27

Colton27 Long term member

Central United States
    Local Time:
    1:53 AM
    Seek medical help first. Please. I've found that prolonged orgasm denial helps my depression significantly.

7. Byrdie

Byrdie Junior Member
    Verified Female

Seattle, WA - USA
    Local Time:
    11:53 PM
    Yep. I recently graduated from my most recent set of therapy sessions. Not graduated as in, “AHA! I’m completely cured and will never experience depression again!” More like, “Yay! I graduated from junior high to high school!” There’s more learning, and likely more graduations, in my future.

Like many here, I recommend talking to a mental health professional.

LockedDaddyWolf likes this.
  8. LockedDaddyWolf

Atlanta, Ga (USA)
    Local Time:
    2:53 AM
    Let me expand on what I mentioned earlier.
    The safety net of friends is not meant to replace professional care.

But, it helps build on it. Most therapists will ask you if you have one. They are a fall back, they are able to watch out for you where as the therapist only sees you when you go to them.

In other words, you need both in your life.

9. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    7:53 AM
    same here, the constant state of arousal and feeling submissive, focused my mind.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice