Broke the ring, what now?

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by ciasquared, Jul 5, 2021.

1. ciasquared

ciasquared New member

Local Time:
    1:13 AM
    Soooooooo... I broke the ring on my CB6000 knockoff today. The washer-like circles at the top of the ring where the standoffs go through snapped on both sides when I was trying to put it on. In addition, the tube diameter was always a little too small for me to get into the device within 10 minutes of trying. Is there anywhere (aside from custom manufacturers) that sells a cage with a larger than 1.93 in diameter ring and 1 5/16 in diameter tube?

2. collaredhubby

collaredhubby Long term member

Local Time:
    12:13 AM
    If you’re currently using a knock off of the cb6000 and liked it, would it be a crazy idea to buy the actual product from the manufacturer to see and feel the difference in quality from a knock off to the original or to see the other options that may better fit your member?

3. MT206

MT206 Long term member

Adelaide, South Australia, AU.
    Local Time:
    2:43 PM
    Ttry metal, or custom. I don't recommend a CB6000 at all. Blunt edges, closed cage, way too large, high risk of pinching skin. The current custom one does not have most of these issues.

Metal can't be snapped in half like plastic can, and it is much less fragile, as well as smoother. Even with the best cleaning, residue still builds up, and they eventually just give up like my CB6000S did, as did the replacement.

You can get cheap metal devices from Etsy, Ebay, and similar websites.

4. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    6:13 AM
    the rings on the proper CB ones breaks off as well sometimes. its cos theym plastic i spose. you be best to get a metal one.

296512741 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice