Bon4M-S A-ring modification

Discussion in 'Bon4' started by sashasproperty, Jan 17, 2016.

1. sashasproperty

Australia
    Local Time:
    12:37 PM
    For those who have bought a a Bon4M-S, you will be all too aware of both the hinged ring, and the hard square edges. To counter the pain at times, I have simple swapped out a bigger or smaller ring depending on the activity or weather etc, using a smaller ring during the day, and a looser ring at night. The problem is that it's not ideal to have to keep changing rings, and there is the increased chance of slipping out when using the larger ring.

Although they supplied a small piece of silicone tube to cover the hinge, it doesn't work well for it has sharp edges of its own, degrades quickly with lube/moisturizer/soap/daily life, and still doesn't solve the harshness of the ring's edge.

I wanted to fix the issue and took advice and inspiration from other posts on the issue.

I ordered some new medical grade latex tube online (less than $8 delivered on eBay -
    1/4" I.D x 1/32" wall 5 Feet Latex Surgical Rubber Tubing Black USA Made) and covered the a-rings entirely with the hose.

Not only do they look cool, but they're a day and night difference in comfort level. The latex does suck up a bit of moisture from the skin at first but after a few days of moisturizing, this subsided.

Installing the tube was a bit fiddly and it took a little time. The key is to stretch the hose a little first (like you would a balloon before blowing it up) then use water to lubricate both the ring and the hose. I don't recommend lubricant as it will sit between the hose and the metal and be a breeding ground for bacteria. Oil may work but I'd query how it may degrade the latex over time.

That said, patience pays off. I covered the rings right up to the large hole for the locking pin. I then punctured the two small pin holes by simply installing the cage as usual which pierced two small holes through the latex. This gives it a nice clean look, and also helps to make a tigher fit (less movement and rattling).

The latex grips the skin quite well which actually turns out to be a good thing. I still moisturize at night but actually prefer the gripping as opposed to it being slippert I found that erections were held back a LOT more, were far less painful (don't get the unsightly erection hump with the cage hanging low), and when I do get hard it doesn't push the cage out that far at all. In fact, I noticed that with an erection now, the cage doesn't really move much at all. Instead I either get a smaller erection, or it pushes further back into my body. Lastly, the biting/hard feeling has completely gone. In normal day-to-day wear, I can't even feel that it's there.

Total cost was $8 delivered, took me about an hour to cover the three rings I've been using, and I now have comfortable days and nights. It's turned this device from close but no cigar, to no-brainer. Sure, it doesn't replace the feel of a custom-fitted device, but consider this a customized suit off the rack vs a tailored one - it's pretty darn good.

P

Attached Files:

• ring.jpg
      ring.jpg
      File size:
      122.1 KB
      Views:
    Dogtanian69, jo3 and slavemaikel like this.
  2. richard

richard Just me

Local Time:
    3:37 AM
    for a while I used a small amount of silk rope threaded under the ring and wrapped around the hinge. Not ideal bt did help when I could be bothered to do it.

I agree the hinged square-ish edged ring is a pain. I also filed the edges to round them a little.

3. Ms Monicas sweet boy

Electrician
    Minnesota to Montana
    Local Time:
    9:37 PM
    I bought a Bon4s stainless steel device and had the same problems with the hinged ring. I ordered a solid ring ( for and extra 125 dollars) and that solved the hinged ring problem, however the sharp square edges dug into my skin and wouldn't let the device slide any on its own. There are numerous and unneccessary sharp angles on the cage portion as well. I ended up grinding, sanding and polishing the entire device. It seemed like I finally had all of these design flaws solved until a few days later. The underside of my penis started to hurt, a painful burning sensation. I removed the device only to discover that the cage had rusted and gave me a painful infection down there. The entire device is too heavy and is not made of solid stainless steel as the manufacturer claims. I had wrote to the Bon4 company several times offering my honest feed back I hoped they would change the design. They never bothered to respond.. After discovering the new problems with this device, I respectfully wrote to them again and explained what had happened. Once again, no responce. I wrote again with the same results. Finally, I wrote to them and said I would go out of my way to give them bad reviews online if they continued to ignore me. A man named Peter finally wrote back. He said his company didn't like my pushy attitude. That was all he had to say. Luckily locked up love offered me a full refund on this poorly designed and poorly machined product. I can't emphasize enough to avoid any products from Bon4.

4. Dogtanian69

Dogtanian69 Long term member

Produce aclerk
    East Texas
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    9:37 PM
    Awesome, just ordered some black tubing... other than that bite, I love my BON4M, I’m assuming I should use the next ring size up to accommodate the tubing?

5. Lowtight

Lowtight Active member

Computer support Engineer
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Local Time:
    7:37 PM
    I need a 48 ring, but accidentally got a 44 mm ring. It actually worked fine, except at night. It severely swelled up during the night and restricted bloodflow to the testes. So I ordered a new ring and went overboard with a 52mm ring. Perfect except for an accidental ball slip once in a while, wearing it low at times and sharp edges. 14 days ago I read this article, went to a local hardware store and never had a problem since. Cleaning only by showering and no need to take it off and give it a day rest. Thank you, thank you!

6. spud18

spud18 Active member

Local Time:
    3:37 AM
    If they are that bad at customer relations and that in need of working on, why does anyone pay that sort of money for them ? i have had better service from China at one tenth of the cost. Or even less.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice