Base ring questions???

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by lockedsissy87, Jul 29, 2022.

1. lockedsissy87

lockedsissy87 Active member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    11:11 PM
    So I have read several things over the years about base rings, and how to size for one that will fit best for long term wear.

I have heard that you want one that fits snugly, and likewise have heard from others that you want one that does not fit too snugly and that you can still comfortably fit one finger under.

So I am now confused.

What works best for everyone?

I have a custom steelworxx device, and I ordered it with a very small and snug base ring. It causes a lot of discomfort and a burning/stinging sensation, mainly around the underside of the scrotum. So now I want to get another ring for it, but am unsure of what size to get.

I have been tirelessly searching for a device for many years now that I can wear 24/7 for extended periods with no luck yet. The steelworxx has so far been the closest, and I am hoping with the correct size ring it will be my winner and every day cage. It is also the only of my devices that I am unable to achieve an orgasm in from tugging the cage in a jacking off fashion.

Please share your advice and experiences so that I can make an informed decision.

2. NowIveDoneIt

NowIveDoneIt Long term member

Finance
    Northeast, USA
    Local Time:
    Very few people seem to nail it with their first ring. A lot of people say to have a ring tight enough that only a finger slips up through the first knuckle without swishing everything. Tighter than that and you could have circulation issues. That's why the cheap cages help dial things in and get you close. Also- I use lube under the base ring to alleviate that burn which is inherent for a sack that isn't used to this. Toms Sportshield is great and lasts all day.

3. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    I just say you want it tight enough that it isn’t going to move… if you aren’t sure what size you are you should just order a bunch of different rings with the device all at once…

Money really isn’t an issue for me though, and I’d assume if you ordered from them it isn’t for you either.

I personally don’t use any lube… I feel it can hurt you in the long run, some I use a little powder to dry up there… but having my sack nice and loose helps the most. The only time I have issues is when my sack is high and tight as they say.

I have issues when I shave but usually when I shave my sack is always high and tight…

I hope you resolve your issue, you must be all in on this if you ordered from them. Good luck.

4. lockedsissy87

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Yes back when I ordered from them a few years ago I had plenty of money, now that I had to be put on disability not so much. So I am trying to find something that works well for me. I do have very high and tight balls, so that is my biggest issue.

5. King Hippo

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    I know if I was a 24/7 wearer I would just get a PA and a PA Chastity Model that doesn't have a Ball Trap design.

6. lockedsissy87

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Got my PA over 12 years ago.

7. King Hippo

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    why don’t you just invest in a PA device with no ball trap?

8. lockedsissy87

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I did, bought a custom Bijou and paid over $425 for it. Cant wear it, and even when I do wear it, can still very easily jack off in it. So a total waste of money.

9. Chaste Bear

Chaste Bear Long term member

Liverpool, England
    Local Time:
    4:11 AM
    Think I'm in the 'go as small as you comfortably can' school. From my own experience the finger to the knuckle advise wasn't very useful. I have small, high and tight balls so slippage was an issue with the 4.76cm ring. Dropped down to the 4.44cm ring which is very snug and no chance of slippage. Yes my balls are now like grapefruits but they're not discoloured or painful. As it's smaller/tighter there is less movement and therefore less opportunity for rubbing or chafing. Using an elasticated support strap to stop tugging at night also helps.

LulledIntoSubmission likes this.
  10. Dvntpup

Dvntpup Active member

Fetish Videographer/Editor
    Las Vegas
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    8:11 PM
    What size PA Guage are you? If smaller than a 4g that might be your issue with why you can't wear the bijou. Needs a fat Guage to keep the supper without soreness. You probably also needed a longer shaft to prevent the jacking motion. I know my 2nd measurements I gave for the bijou adjustments were so much better. Might be something worth going back too if you never get the base ring issue solved. I never could

11. bemfem

bemfem Long term member

Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    #11 bemfem, Aug 2, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    It is not just a base ring that has to be sized properly. If your penis can grow, the ring will feel uncomfortable. If your gap is not correct, the ring will feel uncomfortable and you will have a lot of burning as you describe. Unfortunately, all four cock cage dimensions have to be sized properly. I am in my cage 24/7. No issues. I sleep in it, go to work with it, travel, everything. I also had a lot of issues initially.

I wrote a guide that might help you if your cage is not properly designed:
    https://www.chastitymansion.com/for...for-24-7-cock-cage-wearing.45079/#post-509577

Krystine Kellogg made a podcast about my cock cage guide if you are interested:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/krystines-flr-podcast/id1529833492?i=1000571210960

AllThatAllures likes this.
  12. Servus

Servus Long term member

Germany
    Local Time:
    5:11 AM
    We tried several cheap cages. Different sizes and shapes.
    My problem is, that my little cock is too smal for the usual sizes.
    First I started with an ARing with a 4,5 and 4 cm diameter. Length of the device about 6 cm. Diameter of the tube 3,2 cm.
    As it seems my clitty sometimes is bigger and sometimes is smaller. A bloodpenis some people would say.

Erected length about 12,5 cm and girth about 3,5 cm. So the erected girth is only 3 mm wider than the diameter of the tube. This is about 1 cm more flesh, which has to be held inside and the skin presses through the birdcage rods.
    My lady looooves it, to see and play it like this.

But when it is limb the small clitty dangles in its cage. From one side to another. Which isnt really comfortable.
    I took some photos and measured a bit so the optimal length should be 4,5 cm with a diameter about 3 cm.

The gap between A Ring and B ring of the tube shouldnt be too narrow and to wide. If too narrow you get cold blue aching balls and if it is too wide the cage will slide down and hang on your balls. Same as the A ring is too fit.

I think a chattel has really test and try the Different cheap designs before you buy the customized expensive one.

Now my cage is really small, a birdcage style from oxy. No dangling, sometimes skin pinching, and itching. Then the issue with my peehole, which presses through the urination hole.

I think a middle thing between the looker 01 and this one would offer the greatest comfort.

So try around though no cage is the same. Rely on your own, not what people say. I like it a bit more narrow.
    Keep a security key with you, so in the beginning you will feel safe.
    There are many parameters which make the thing
    Aring, Gap, tube diameter and length

I now own 6.
    One of them went into the garbage because of a contact dermatosis due to chrome or so.

Ah no it have been 7. One of them was so ugly... It was made out of rings from homedepot and welded together "somehow".

13. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    4:11 AM
    i think it best if the ring dont move as well cos then it dont rub nothing and it comfy.
    ooh. @Servus if you got a teeny willy then the one i got migt be ok for you it is from china but its nice and comfy and there is no nasty bits that hurt on it. It this one.

little plate.jpg

14. Servus

Servus Long term member

Germany
    Local Time:
    5:11 AM
    Well i know this item. And for me ut would have been suitable i think. I thought about to try it out, but my lady didnt like it.
    She is more into the birdcagestyle. She loves it, when the flesh presses through.

jemima likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice