After Order Adjustments

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by white_leather, Nov 12, 2010.

1. white_leather

white_leather Member

Local Time:
    9:09 AM
    I've just received my Jailbird and I'm loving it. I might want to tweak it a little in sizing, and I was wondering what things can be modified and what can't. I was just going to send in an email, to MM because they are so great about responding, but I thought doing it here might answer the questions for a bunch of people instead of just me.

So what can change and what can't?

Base Ring Diameter
    Base Ring Shape
    Cage/Ring Gap
    Cage Length
    Cage Diameter

I think that's it.

Thanks.

2. hardbodysub

hardbodysub BrokeTheMold

Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    10:09 AM
    Here's my understanding, although Mature Metal may have something to add or clarify:

Changes to the base ring and gap are relatively easy and inexpensive. I think the base ring shape is the easiest fix, as it's just a matter of "squishing" the ring to the desired shape. A change of the base ring diameter I assume would require a new ring. The gap is a function of the position of the hole on the locking pin, so I'd guess a new ring would be needed for that also.

Changing the cage length or diameter means that a new cage has to be built. As you'd expect, this is relatively much more expensive than fixes to the ring.

3. maturemetal

maturemetal CUSTOM CAGES AND TUBES

Local Time:
    Hi Great question. I have found that tweaking is part of the business for that perfect fit. So I have tried to make it where most changes are easy and cost efficient.

Base Ring Diameter: Yes if it is 1/8" change the same ring will be resized. If it is more than that a new ring must be made. Normaly $10.00
    Base Ring Shape: Yes it is no problem $10.00
    Cage/Ring Gap: Yes no problem $10.00
    Cage Length: Yes it must be taken apart and rebuilt. Cost depends on model and anti pull out or not. $100.00 to 150.00.
    Cage Diameter: Can't be changed. A new cage would have to be built.

4. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    3:09 PM
    I have a question: I'm happy with my base ring. If I wanted to get just another cage (say a Pet Trap, or longer/shorter Jailbird, etc), could I do that? Or is it the kind of situation where you would need a new base ring as well? It would be nice to have a selection, but full price for a whole new one kinda puts the kibosh on doing it.

5. maturemetal

maturemetal CUSTOM CAGES AND TUBES

Local Time:
    Yes I can do it but I would have to have the old ring back so that I can make sure it fits right.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice