Myths and facts about injury

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by blueballfuccup, Nov 15, 2023.

1. blueballfuccup

Local Time:
    1:17 PM
    Hi everyone, this is my first time posting here. I've been thinking as to how to approach this topic. I don't want to come off as panicky, or fear-mongering so I'll try my best, but please excuse me if this does get a bit emotional.

I've been using chastity cages for ten years, and never had a problem until recently. I injured myself about three weeks ago wearing a cheap cage. It was the first time I wore it for longer than a day. I spent three days in it, including sleeping, and on the fourth day of wearing it, I woke up noticing a pulling pain from near my left testicle, and immediately took the device off. I didn't think much of it, but I was surprised when the pain didn't subside after a few hours. It has been about 23 days, and while the pain has mostly dissipated, and also moved to my butt, lower back and both sides of my abdomen, I can still feel it, especially when sitting down.

I was never one to think chastity cages could cause any kind of serious injury without some real carelessness. "Just listen to your body, and you'll be fine" was my strategy. I wasn't feeling pain until I woke up.

The pain wasn't great, even in the first day, not surpassing a 5/10, but I knew something had gone wrong. I even went to the ER; I explained the situation, they ruled out testicular torsion, did an xray which showed nothing special, and recommended an ultrasound, which also came back normal.

The problem is, and I want to believe it's all in my head, but I feel like my orgasms have decreased in intensity. I do not yet know what exactly was damaged, but after the injury, I didn't have an orgasm for days, as I was just not in the mood, simply because of the pain and the thought of something being wrong down there. My erections are fine, albeit much, much less frequent than they were before. In the first days, I have had anal spasms, pain when peeing (flexing the pee out), and trouble sleeping with my legs closed.

Something was definitely damaged, and I don't know what. I have not heard of such an incident with chastity cages, and when discussing this on another forum, I got many responses saying that it should be something that I will recover from in just a few weeks, maybe due to compressing nerves on the skin, maybe from stretching nerves in the groin area, people had many explanations. I even posted my story on a medical forum, and they were the ones that suggested I finally go to the ER, but I didn't get much more info there either.

Getting through the pain was easy, especially when I noticed it started subsiding, but I don't know if it will keep subsiding too, as it's been almost a month. That came to be a second worry though.

As the days progressed, I tried jerking it again. And I did, and I ejaculated normally, and didn't pay too much attention to my orgasm. After a second and third time though, I can't help but feel like my orgasms have severely decreased in intensity, and this seems far, far more serious and scary than just some compression pain.

I must admit that my goal with this post is mostly selfish. I am looking for answers and ideas as to what might have been damaged, whether other people have suffered a similar injury, and most importantly, if you guys think this is fully recoverable from. I can't stand the idea that my old, earthquake-like orgasms turning into this puny jerk. This cannot be happening, it must be, surely, something that I will recover from, right? I can't stand the doubt right now.

Many people were accusing me of spreading misinformation, or even hating on their kink just because I'm telling this story. I have nothing to gain from making this up, and it's silly to suggest I have any kind of prejudice towards the kink, as I have the same one.

I am only trying to get answers as to what might have happened. I'd hate to cause unfounded fears on people, but I'm very anxious about what the future holds, and I'm not so sure my fear is unfounded.

I scheduled an appointment with an urologist in two weeks, and I'm taking a break from sex and masturbation until then, as me trying to jerk right now would only lead to a bad orgasm because of my injury-induced anxiety, possibly making it even worse. I just feel like that if this is a real risk, and I'm not saying that it is, but there doesn't seem to be sufficient medical information about these devices around, it may not be worth it, and I'm worried for myself and other people. Please understand that this is not against you, or chastity, or chastity-related kinks.

The prospect of having my orgasms botched, for the rest of my life, starting from my mid twenties, seems like a cruel fate. I would love to hear what you guys think about all this.

Thank you, and be safe out there, and also in there.

Antonio232 likes this.
  2. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
    5:17 PM
  3. blueballfuccup

Local Time:
    #3 blueballfuccup, Nov 16, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
    Oh god, I completely forgot I posted that back then... I was wondering why I already had an account...

It is not my first scare with chastity cages, okay? That resolved on its own, it really turned out to be nothing serious. But this time, given that there's not only pain involved, but prolonged pain, I am more worried.

Unlike that last post, which again, was just a scare, this time I am certain some kind injury occurred. Maybe I was cheap with my cages, or maybe I'm just anatomically incompatible with these things, or maybe I was using it wrong somehow, but please don't accuse me of making this up.

Reading from a reply from the old post, I really should just seek medical assistence (and I definitely am), but I felt I needed to leave this written up somewhere, in case this happens to anyone else, and I wouldn't mind reading "that happened to me, took a while to recover but I'm fine, and so are my orgasms".

EDIT: That was me being a drama queen. This is serious. Please do not dismiss this post.

4. blueballfuccup

Local Time:
    It is now the 8th week, and the pain has subsided to the point that I don't care, and I believe it's going to continue to decrease.

I visited two urologists, did xrays, ultrasounds that found basically nothing. One doctor mentioned the possibility of injurying what is called the suspensory ligament of the penis, since I have very little body fat, and he was actually able to reproduce the pain by pressing on god knows what down there. I distinctly remember I slept belly down that day, so it made sense.

My orgasms seem to have gotten back to normal, perhaps it was just anxiety about some sort of permanent injury. It was my second and final scare I've had with these devices.

I wish the best to you guys, but I'm not built for this. Making it safe seems too hard, for me at least. I just hope the pain does indeed continue to decrease to the point it goes away completely. Take care of your junks.

5. blueballfuccup

Local Time:
    It's been 132 days. I have several news. Here's a summary of my journey so far:

Tried going long-term after experimenting 10 years with chastity and on the fourth day of using it nonstop I woke up in pain. That pain stayed with me for 100-something days, and I now have a multitude of symptoms that, frankly, seem to have ruined my life. Among them, I have acquired ED, low erection quality, severe loss of erogenous sensation both before and during orgasm, premature ejaculation, and some other things. I've spent thousands of dollars visiting 3 different urologists and a neurologist, I'm on 3 different medications, I'm going to start physical therapy soon, and my diagnosis is Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome and my prognosis is basically "wait and see".

I am absolutely shocked because my cage was completely ordinary; no spikes, no urethral sounding, didn't even use the smallest ring of the set. This has been going on for four months. My libido is crushed, I'm anxious all the fucking time, and I hate myself for what I did. I just want my body back. I'm too young for this shit.

This is evil. I would pay any amount of money to get my old body back.

6. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    2:17 AM
    Sorry to hear of your injury/illness. I’m not dismissing that you’re unwell, although I am very sceptical that such a significant illness could have been caused by short term wear of a chastity device.

Regardless of what caused it, I wish you all the best for your recovery, It does sound like this has caused you psychological stresses also, and I wonder whether seeking professional help for that could be beneficial for you.

7. blueballfuccup

Local Time:
    It is alarming that I'm getting used to reading disbelief and or denial about the dangers of such devices.

It's unreasonable to think that an abdominal/pelvic pain that lasted 3 months, among with a bunch of persistent penile and scrotum symptoms appearing right when attempting to go long-term with a chastity cage are not linked. It is beyond obvious those two are correlated.

In any case, I still sense you mean well, and I thank you for the well-intentioned words. But others need to understand that the risks associated with this kink go way, WAY beyond some chafing. This is life altering.

8. LilBunny

LilBunny Member

Local Time:
    6:17 PM
    Calcium cream helps if you hurt yourself. Give it a rest for a month and you should be fine.

9. atxmtb

atxmtb Long term member

Local Time:
    11:17 AM
    I don't deny that some people may hurt themselves with a cage, but I'd also say that I don't see them as being dangerous in the least. You can wear it too tight, you can ignore warning signs that something is amiss. No different than riding a bike may be dangerous and you can hurt yourself if you do not pay attention or if you ignore warnings. Hell, did you know a wedding ring can cause you to lose a finger: Ring Avulsion (Injury): What It Is, Causes & Prevention (clevelandclinic.org). But the fact that you might have to get your finger amputated if you wear a ring, isn't really a reason not to wear one. I think it's important to be smart with everything you do. Including wearing a cage, periodic checkups/physicals, self awareness, periodic cleanings and inspections. Just my .02.

10. blueballfuccup

Local Time:
    I'm going to mention this to one of my urologists. I doubt a cream alone is going to help, but I'm trying anything at this point just to keep hope alive. Thanks.

You can't tell me I ignored warning signs. There were none. And even if there were, it means they are so subtle this kink is not even worth pursuing. Furthermore, this has nothing to do with cleaning - some mechanical lesion occured, it's not bacterial in nature - these tests came back negative for me. As per periodic checkups - how often should I have gotten these periodic checkups among these 4 days I have been using the cage? With all due respect, this is ridiculous. To say that I "wasn't smart" about wearing a chastity cage, I think that's the one thing in your reply that's on-point: these devices hinder blood circulation and are inherently dangerous, and I should've known better. I hope medical science is quick enough to deem these are they are: disasters waiting to happen, and that treatments are there for the people who are certain to get severely injured like I was. I hope I don't die before getting one last normal orgasm in my life, and that I'm one day pain-free to run like I used to.

11. Mr_anonymous

Mr_anonymous Long term member

Local Time:
    12:17 PM
    People have spent years in chasity majority of time. In a proper fitting device there is no loss of circulation. This whole thing seems abit melodramatic to me. In four days you're claiming permanent damage was done. Its a chasity site perhaps wrong place to whoafully go on about perils of it.

12. blueballfuccup

Local Time:
    It's a chastity site, you say - if there's a place to talk about this it's this. Of course you can always dismiss cautionary tales like mine, but don't dare suggest I get off this site. This is the exact demographic that needs to learn how dangerous these devices are. I'm giving my account. You are completely allowed to leave this thread, but I won't shut up about this. Kindly: stop being irresponsible.

13. Mr_anonymous

Local Time:
    I wear a cage responsibly with zero issues. Seems like you couldn't do the same for 4 days somehow

14. blueballfuccup

Local Time:
    I'm just glad it hasn't happened to you yet.

15. LockedinNH2

LockedinNH2 Active member

New Hampshire U.S.A.
    Local Time:
    Something isn't right. Two years ago you where 24 and only "using chastity for about two years now"
    To "tried going long term after experimenting for 10 years".... hmmm.

I think jaysaysyes is right. Might want to get your story straight.

You will find all kinds of help and advice here .

Antonio232, JaySaysYes and Tom Harris like this.
  16. flip__26

flip__26 Long term member

Ireland
    Local Time:
    4:17 PM
    It's one story of injury out of hundreds. While it's a shitshow for you, that is a call to be cautious for others.
    Two of my main hobbies - woodwork and cycling - can result in injury or death, but that means I take necessary steps to ensure my safety, not that I give them up.

17. blueballfuccup

Local Time:
    !!! I didn't mark it on a freaking calendar, I don't do anniversary parties for when I started chastity or chastity cage wearing. Why is this relevant? Why are you clinging onto this? Why are you not going "woah maybe this shit doctors haven't studied yet isn't quite as safe as we think" or "why are we pushing this to be safe, when we don't actually know?"?

And as per finding help and advice, all I'm seeing is judgement and a "fuck you, your loss" attitude.

Can't talk about the injury irl because it's a batshit crazy kink, can't talk about the injury in the chastity communities because everyone here sucks, can't talk about the injury in penile injury communities because they think and I quote "people who do chastity deserve those injuries".

Damn right it is a call to be cautious for others. And I also followed every necessary step to (try to) ensure my safety, and it still backfired anyway. Thank fuck you are fine and haven't been hit by a bus without brakes yet. The real shitshow here is how you people are treating this injury as if it can't happen to you.

18. Mr_anonymous

Local Time:
    He's right though you're telling two different stories. Doesn't take a calendar to remember 10 years versus four days. By your math you were 14 wearing a cage. None of this adds up.

Antonio232 and Tom Harris like this.
  19. blueballfuccup

Local Time:
    I'm 27 and started mesing with it by 17-18. I don't have to reply to this. I've already responded enough to you. Fuck off.

20. Mr_anonymous

Local Time:
    Didn't it say you were 24 at one point? We can read your posts you're aware right?

Antonio232 and JaySaysYes like this.
  21. blueballfuccup

Local Time:
    Mr_anonymous' conclusion: People don't age therefore this post is bogus. Why are you making yourself look dense?

22. Mr_anonymous

Local Time:
    So you've aged 3 years in the twi years since the other post? You've been experimenting with cages for a decade but never wore one longer than a day In that time. It all makes zero sense. What device wear you wearing when the supposed damage happened? What ring size? There was zero pain or indication of something wrong but permanent damage was done. Doesn't pass smell test.

Antonio232 likes this.
  23. Lovelocked

Lovelocked Long term member

Local Time:
    5:17 PM
    #23 Lovelocked, Mar 6, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2024
    As @LockedinNH2 said, there seems to be some confusion in your story, but I don't see any reason to make up something so complicated.

I once had similar symptoms to those you describe. It was some years ago so can't remember all the details. The testicle pain was diagnosed as epididymitis, but it did not stop there. I got backache and various other symptoms. I believe a lot of it was down to anxiety that I had hurt myself with a chastity belt. The doctor said he did not think that was the case and that helped with the anxiety. He thought I had an infection and gave me a long course of antibiotics. As far as I can remember the problem then cleared up. I hope that helps. Of course I am not a medic so please note that I had a few other symptoms that you do not mention, so my case was probably not exactly the same.

For what it's worth I am locked in the same belt right now, although it has had a few modifications.

Antonio232 and blueballfuccup like this.
  24. blueballfuccup

Local Time:
    #24 blueballfuccup, Mar 8, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2024

Thank you, especially for the recognition. You don't know how much of a weight this lifts off me. I'm so tired of being doubted everywhere. I'm glad things worked out for you.

I actually have a multitude of symptoms, I written down a 100-line document with all of them. All doctors I visited, the three urologists and the neurologist, are weirded out how long-lasting this has been for me.

One theory, that the second urologist mentioned, is that I could have injured the suspensory ligament of the penis, which takes a long time to heal, and that in turn, the third urologist mentioned, could have caused pelvic floor dysfunction, which is, from what I understood, some kind of dyssynchrony in the pelvic floor area that, and I may be wrong here, affects both muscles and nerves. It's still there, but I'm dealing with much less pain now.

My main complaint, which has brought me a lot of anxiety, is that my orgasms have definitely felt different, less intense and less pleasurable. But all the four doctors I visited seem very confident that the erogenous sensation will come back, if slowly. It's just been so difficult to not freak out about this. It's a especially cruel condition to be living with. I've been treating this thing like a job. I've quit smoking, been eating as healthy as I know it's possible, taking vitamins, been exercising and stretching in the morning and afternoon and progress still seems so slow. A bunch of time invested.

Some days are better than others, but in the beginning, I wanted to cry after orgasming because it was so shit. I must maintain hope that this will eventually clear up - it's made me severely anxious and depressed, to the point of contemplating s*icide. I managed to get rid of that idea for now as I understand this may take years to get fixed, but there's light at the end of the tunnel. I just don't wish this upon my worst enemy. Safety is so downplayed in these forums, on Reddit, and really every BDSM community. No one in these communities want to hear about it, and of course no one outside of it wants to hear about it either, as it's a kink, and a very unconventional one at that. I've been getting blasted from every side. I can only thank the two last doctors I've been with, and the people who actually got injured with chastity cages that talked to me. They probably saved my life. I hope these stay the worst years of my life, because I can't handle something worse.

I wish I had never done it, I wish I had someone warn me this was a possibility, and I would never have tried chastity cages. So here I am trying to warn people about the very real possibility of such an injury - and getting shit for it. No, it's not about just some rash or fears of your dick "getting smaller", those are actually irrelevant or myths next to what is lurking down below.

25. Wiseco

Wiseco Member

Local Time:
    6:17 PM
    #25 Wiseco, Mar 10, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
    Pardon my scepticism... But i have hard time beleiving this all is caused just by "wearing a cage"...

Did you... have a impact on the cage, sat on it, did something weird that pressed the cage into your body?

Or in any way something 'kind of abnormal activity' i can beleive that you may have hurt something... but by just wearing it (and not restrictive tight???)... I dont beleive that outright..

Just because YOU have a bad reaction to something, does not mean that is inherently dangerous for everyone, which is something you are trying to convey to the peeps here.

It might be as simple as the (probably chinese/cheap) cage you tried had some chemical/surface finish on it that you are allergic to.. it might not even be the cage itself..

But in your frantic attempts to claim a cage did all this and they are the devil in the world vs a board full of long time cage users... What do you expect? That everyone is going to side with the one that cant get his point across without some cursing and/or theatening etc?

Oh... and about the other post a few years back you admitted THAT was a "DRAMA queen / CRY for attention"..

And there is something about the title that bothers me... this isnt aout myths or facts... It is about a injury you want to warn others about, which in itself is perfectly fine, but there is not a myth OR a fact in this entire thread.... ;)

Did you every hear the story about: "Cry wolve once, Cry wolve twice" ?
    You should look it up, it might fasinate you ;)

Yet i hope that whatever you are going through, it will clear up soon so you can get better and move on!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice