Base ring - “finger underneath”

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by ChastizedObedience, Aug 9, 2023.

1. ChastizedObedience

Texas
    Local Time:
    10:23 PM
    I’ve read the base ring should be sized so that you can put a dinger between the ring and the shaft while flaccid.

Can someone explain this a bit more or show pictures? Given how squishy things are while flaccid you can put a finger between the ring and skin even with too small a ring so i’m not sure how much of a gap there should be.

Are we talking pulling the ring up, and easily having a gap for a finger? Snugly fitting in? Also which finger?

Thanks.

Iron78 likes this.
  2. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
    4:23 AM
    Have your balls turned blue or discoloured in a way that looks like things are dying? If so the ring is too tight, take it off. That's the only test that matters.

...and I don't mean you are horny and your balls ache.

Also, don't put the new small ring on and head to bed for a nice 8 hour sleep. Put it on first thing in the morning when you can hang around naked all day and keep an eye on yourself.

ChastizedObedience likes this.
  3. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    1:23 PM
    Not an exact science! Suggest index finger should be able to fit with a little bit of effort to squeeze it in. If the ring is too big it will slide down, too small and it will be too uncomfortable.

Deleted member 109631 likes this.
  4. Deleted member 109631

Take it with a grain of salt obviously if your base ring is not circular and it's more of a tall oval or wide oval or ergonomic shape where it's not equally around then obviously it might be easier or harder to do the finger method to see if it's too loose or too tight. For example I have a 40 mm ergonomic base ring which is usually pretty comfortable I can slide my finger index finger underneath and pretty much about halfway into the cage so almost up to my second knuckle obviously that's too big of a base ring. My smaller base ring about 38 mm and it's circular not oval or ergonomic I can slide my index finger up to the end of my nail or where my nail bed begins so just about halfway to my first knuckle. Some may say that's too small I feel that that is the better fitting base ring of the two ideally I'm thinking a 39 mm base ring is probably where I need to be if it is circular I have an experimented too much with the different shapes of Base rings because it can get kind of expensive having custom stainless steel base rings made just to see which ones best fit your anatomy.

5. BlackoutDevices

BlackoutDevices Owner of Blackout Devices

Canada
    Local Time:
    9:23 PM
    So the knuckle test is an unfortunate misconception from the lack of sizing options and anatomical design in non-custom cages.

What the idea unintentionally captures is having enough room in the base ring when flaccid, for the base ring to fit when erect. People just so happened to grow around a knuckles worth of diameter so that's where that rule of thumb came from.

Ideally, a base ring should be large enough to accommodate an erection without cutting off circulation to anything. Then from there you would need to decrease the "ball gap" so that you aren't slipping out of the cage; if your cage allows that adjustment.

Deleted member 109631 likes this.
  6. Deleted member 109631

I agree with what everyone has said. If it is a legit maker of custom cages I would follow their guide on how to measure etc, ans ive never had a bad interaction with any of them by email bc lets face it odds are.most people have questions about it ro get the best fit. So don't hesitate to email the people who make your device assuming it's not like a cheap Amazon one or something that offers 1-4 sizes that fits most kind of device. Custom cages are definitely where it's at. That being said try and find what fits best and what works best for you with the cheaper cages first as in base ring size and shape, cage design size and shape, cage opening etc. At least then you have a starting point to compare to what the custom designer recommends for making measurements and you probably won't be too far off.

7. Lckdnpnk

Lckdnpnk Long term member

Engineer
    Midwest US
    Local Time:
    10:23 PM
    I’m backing off of my recent comment about the “getting a finger under the base ring” rule of thumb (whichever thread I posted it on). I just tried the next size down for my stainless steel cage and discovered that even though I can’t even slip a pinkie fingertip under it now, it is significantly more comfortable.
    I’ve never been able to tolerate wearing it all day at work before but now it seems I can. Sitting all day can drive the cage into my balls making them numb, but the the smaller ring keeps it in place better and with my standing desk to give me an occasional break it may be the combo I’ve been looking for.
    I’ve found I can tolerate smaller rings with the rounded stainless devices, but NOT with the hard plastic edges of the CB style devices! They cut off my circulation very quickly.

8. Deleted member 109631

I feel smaller rings are the way to go. Less room for movement, stays in one place better or barely moves yet alone has room to allow skin to move.

Lckdnpnk and Iron78 like this.
  9. bemfem

bemfem Long term member

Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    11:23 PM
    I wrote a guide that might help you if your cage is not properly designed:
    https://www.chastitymansion.com/for...for-24-7-cock-cage-wearing.45079/#post-509577

Krystine Kellogg made a podcast about my cock cage guide if you are interested:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/krystines-flr-podcast/id1529833492?i=1000571210960
    EP: 0241 — https://www.krystinekellogg.com

10. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    4:23 AM
    This can be misleading as I always took it mean little finger, so you know it’s not tight enough to tourniquet and stop the blood flow.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice