Too Subjective...

Discussion in 'Chastity without feminisation and crossdressing' started by King Hippo, Feb 18, 2023.

1. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    3:12 PM
    The name of this forum is way too subjective...

"Chastity without feminisation and crossdressing"

I really think the term feminization is too subjective... for example, one may think a specific action is a feminization whereas others would not. I think there is a place for this sub-forum, but creating it had some good intentions... A better name for it might be something like...

Chastity without Crossdressing or Sissy Training

Correct me if I am wrong but the request for the forum to be made was an issue that someone's wife was extremely turned off by Sissy/Crossdressing content on the forum...

2. Queens property

Queens property Active member

Local Time:
    8:12 PM
    I think the name works as it is.
    Up to Lucy at the end of the day, it's her site.

remyruff, Plotthund and King Hippo like this.
  3. King Hippo

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    Yup, you're right... but this section is pretty new & was made at the request of another member for their wife... Since their wife was not interested in seeing a lot of "feminization". Taking that into consideration, imagine someone looking at Male Chastity going into the section called "Chastity without Feminization" and seeing what they would subjectively call Feminization...

Just trying to help out.

4. Disciplined Boyfriend

NE Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Faminization, sissy and other variants do not interest Lady C or me, but not seeing a lot of content in this forum that would interest us.

A

5. Caged for life

Caged for life Long term member

Sheetmetal mechanic
    USA
    Local Time:
    I think this is the most boring section in here never anything new posted

archie and King Hippo like this.
  6. Elfman

Elfman Gay werewolves & martinis

Artist, photographer, bartender
    Boise, Idaho
    Local Time:
    12:12 PM
    That's probably because the people who are turned off by feminization probably have a habit of avoiding this site, or other sites, where the VAST majority of users are interested in chastity for cuckhold and feminization fetishes rather than as a tool in a BDSM scene where masculinity is more prevalent.

Or something

7. lockedforfun

lockedforfun Long term member

Local Time:

Well, I think it's good for wives in general, not just one specific wife/gf. There are a lot of women who might be willing to play chastity games with their man, but who would be horrified at the idea of him ceasing to be manly. So it would be good to have a forum where it wasn't assumed those other things would be part of chastity.

Frankly though I appreciate the forum, I think it's failed in that mission because, among other things, someone is always bringing up crossdressing, sissy stuff or cuckholding anyway, even if it's just to discuss why it isn't allowed here.

CMs demo skews too heavily that direction, and even if such a wife was comfortable here (dubious) the rest of the site is right there. Probably better to direct her to chastityforums.com or another site that has opt-in to such topics, instead of opt-out.

8. lockedforfun

lockedforfun Long term member

Local Time:
    Yeah, I tried posting some stuff that was centered on a more playful style of chastity and just got met with a bunch of "oh, that's not for me." I think it was Tom Allen who said years ago that the problem with writing about chastity is that it's mostly about what doesn't happen. There's only so many "and then she said that's enough and didn't unlock me" stories you can tell.

ChastityNut and Tom Allen like this.
  9. IB-Chaste

IB-Chaste Chastity Superman.

Local Time:
    I like playful aspects of anything. Where do I find these?

Honestly, think it will take a lot more than forum name changes to get wives/gf to visit this place.

As you say it’s subjective… how do we know that the next wife that comes along won’t be turned off by strapons? Or full belts? Or FLRs? Are they not feminising?
    At what stage can we draw the line?

I see a work around for this:
    You come on the site.
    You tick certain things you want to see.
    Then Lucy employs a team of people that analyse each and every post and categorise them so that you only see content relevant to you.
    It’s costly…
    But worth it. She has deep pockets.

corsac likes this.
  10. Marcus_Fappington

Marcus_Fappington Mid-Life Crisis Haver

American lost in Europe somewhere
    Local Time:
    "Men who want to engage in chastity play but don't want to suck their wife's boyfriend's penis." :eek:

11. Marcus_Fappington

Marcus_Fappington Mid-Life Crisis Haver

American lost in Europe somewhere
    Local Time:
    Well yea, in many books, sites, blogs, etc. these things are all combined into one like they're all the same thing. And the wives/keyholders mostly need femdom/keyholding training. And sending them info about how to cuckold you and chemically castrate you with testicular injections isn't really something most guys are actually into I think...most.

12. Wife of queens property

Verified Female

Self Employed
    Uk
    Local Time:
    Creep

13. Wife of queens property

Verified Female

Self Employed
    Uk
    Local Time:
    Cross dressing and feminisation isn't for me, and my fiancee isn't interested either. Do the crossdressing and feminisation posts stop either of us using the site? No. Sometimes I'll have a read, as its interesting learning about other couples play styles, most times I'll change thread, or just skip those posts. It's that simple. If you're not into something, move along to a different thread, or the next comment. ‍♀️

corsac, archie and IB-Chaste like this.
  14. Byrdie

Byrdie Junior Member
    Verified Female

Seattle, WA - USA
    Local Time:
    I’ve noticed in general that it’s tricky to keep a reactionary / restrictive / negative topic going: This Without That tends to fizzle out pretty quickly.

It’a not impossible, though, if one is willing to put in the work to keep it going. I know someone who started a “non-nerd movement munch” because almost every kink and sex-positive social event she attended dissolved into discussion of video games or the latest Marvel movie and drove her binky-bonkers.

There was much offense taken at the idea of a munch where folks were not allowed to let their geek flag fly, but it was one munch out of many for folks who felt hopeless at others. They discussed art, culture, politics, crafts, hobbies, whatever else there was to discuss.

The munch, of course, stopped with the pandemic; but the organizer managed to find a connection and settled down on a farm, so it was worth all the blowback.

So if one really wants this sub-forum to thrive, creating a lot more content and making more responses to already existing threads would be a start.

Otherwise, I just consider it a niche forum here.

15. Wife of queens property

Verified Female

Self Employed
    Uk
    Local Time:
    Exactly! Just post your posts in the relevant thread topics, and carry on! :)

corsac and Byrdie like this.
  16. King Hippo

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    LOL

17. WillieBDenied

WillieBDenied All men should be locked

Software
    San Diego, CA
    Local Time:
    If it ain't broke don't fix it. The name is fine to me and the message is clear. And even if the forum was created at the behest of one person, it was a welcome addition. As a relative newcomer here, it felt to me like nearly all threads were being hijacked (maybe not the best word) by a very vocal set who were deeply into feminization aspects of chastity and put that spin into every topic. That's fine, except it would drive me away from most threads as I didn't want to wade through all the clatter about wearing dresses and makeup. I don't have countless hours to spend here like some do and have to pop in and pop out as time permits. It helps to compartmentalize a little bit.

So I feel like having a place to talk about chastity bereft of those special topics is fair and equitable to those who want to participate.

Maybe it's not taken off yet, but the value is still there.

2 cents

18. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    just what I was thinking!

19. archie

archie Active member

Mid Atlantic USA
    Local Time:
    this sub is a prime example of catering to those who are incapable of just scrolling by.

i mean, i’m pretty open and liberal regarding kinks and all, but not everything is for me. the stuff that isn’t for me, i just scroll on by

btw, i also love wearing panties. it was my idea. come to find out, my wife likes it too. does that imply i’m a cross dresser and/or i’m into feminization? not to me it doesn’t. am i allowed to post that opinion here?

please scroll on by if what i posted isn’t something you care about

20. chaste4wife

chaste4wife Active member

Local Time:
    If the main forum were filled with foot fetish stuff, a majority who aren't into it would question why that's the case. Maybe suggest they take it to the foot fetish board.

The main forum probably shouldn't be full of feminization/sissy content. That should probably be relegated to a specialized board, too. It's niche.

Alas, rather than request that, we've decided to carve out our own place where we don't have to confront it (in theory, anyway. In practice that seems to really chafe some asses and they've followed us.)

If it were one or two posts here and there, no one would care. We'd just scroll. But it never is.

21. cb1984

cb1984 Long term member

Local Time:
    2:12 PM
    I personally am glad to see this new forum. We have been on this site many times but it often feels like I cannot relate to many on here. We are not into Feminization. My wife is very much happy that I am a man and expects me to continue being one, all the while being locked. It will be nice to have a place to talk to like minded people. Thanks for creating it!

22. archie

archie Active member

Mid Atlantic USA
    Local Time:
    i'd really like to know the stats of the offput wife's continued usage of this subforum that was set up specifically to make her less offput over her perceived overall impression of CM. to be clear, i don't care about the overall stats for this subforum, i just care about her stats. like, did this actually make her a happy and productive member of CM? and no, i don't care who she is, i'd just like to know if it worked or not for her in particular.

23. MsPamela

MsPamela Long term member

US
    Local Time:
    Those stats don't exist yet. We're investing in the future.

Several years ago I would have been that wife. In fact, I'm pretty sure I looked at CM, felt it wasn't for me, and moved on. Somehow I made it over the hump anyway. I didn't flat out reject chastity or shame hubby into keeping his kink private. We explored it together and I'm now a much stronger and more confident woman. But it wasn't easy. Today, I don't need this forum. I can skip content that doesn't appeal to me. But years ago, too much emphasis on feminization almost scared me away from chastity.

Do you consider me a "happy and productive member of CM"? If so, please listen when I say it's a really bumpy road for a vanilla wife to embrace chastity. Anything we can do to make that journey a little smoother seems worthwhile.

archie, true42, lockedforfun and 3 others like this.
  24. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    Yeah, my wife wants nothing to do with sites like this. But she does like the improvements in how things work between us.

25. cb1984

cb1984 Long term member

Local Time:
    @MsPamela preach! My wife @TimidKeyHolder and I have talked about this in the past. She and I seem to see eye to eye on this one. I like to talk to others here but it often seems to turn to the feminization discussion quickly which we are not into. She in interested in the FRL aspects as well as keeping me locked.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice