Final Recommendations from JAILBIRD owners before I order mine..

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by ownedsubhubby, Oct 17, 2010.

1. ownedsubhubby

ownedsubhubby Sub to Mistress Ronnie

Local Time:
    7:35 PM
    I am about to order the Mature Metal Jailbird and wanted to get some feedback from current users. I have been wearing an original model CB-3000 with a 2” solid “A” ring from kept4her.com, with no rivet. I use two small spacers on the locking stud and the gap measures exactly 3/8”. I have zero problems with it and I often forget I am wearing it. If it wasn’t for the solid design and the inability to keep my penis clean and “aired out”, I wouldn’t search for a new cage.

With the 3/8” size gap, I get no discomfort and the fluid that settles in my balls over night can easily drain out as soon as I wake up and move around. I have been able to get the CB to flex and pull my balls through and escape, but it is impossible to get my balls back through and even after 45 min of trying, with lube. Therefore if I “escape” I am sure to be caught by my KH. If you check my gallery on CM you can see a lot of my cage pics with me in it. You can also see that the head of my cock fills all the way out to the tip of the CB and stays there most of the day. I think I have larger balls than some, and my cock grows to almost 8” erect.

Some times in the morning I will wake up and have a searing pain at the 6’o clock position on the A ring. When I reach down to feel it it seems its caused by early morning arousal and my cock staying partially erect for a period just before I woke up. Originally I used a size smaller A ring, but the pain was unbearable, so I went to the 2” ring and its perfect.

I test fit the oval size 2 inch ring that mature metal sent me and it seems a little snug. I needed to use lube to get my balls and cock through the ring. The 2 1/8 seemed easier to install, but I wasn’t sure if it would allow the weighted cage to pull from my body. After emailing pics to MM, he recommended I go a size larger than 2”.

So far it seems I need a 2 -1/8” inch “A” RING AND 3/8” GAP…lets move to length and penis cage ring size.

I used a string tied to the “A” ring as a measuring guide. With the A ring snug up to where it would rest on my pubic area, I pulled the string straight down the top of my shaft and stopped above the pee hole. That measured 3 and ¾” exactly. MM advised to measure the UNDERSIDE of the penis and that measured just under 3 ½ inches.

I assume I need a 3 inch and 1/2” long cage, better a tad short than long he said.

****The cock ring size is where I am confused.***

The 1 ½ inch ring fits on easily and it can slide up and down without dragging. There is even a little daylight around my cock and inside the ring. The 1 3/8 one fits fine also, but it needs to be tugged a little more to get it to move about. It almost requires lube to get the 1 3/8” ring to slide down my shaft to avoid bunching up my foreskin.

I wasn’t sure which size you owners would recommend for comfort since my cock fills up quite a bit during the day. I also wasn’t sure if the side bars and construction will affect the comfort. I know some would recommend I go smaller as a reminder and punishment, but I am looking for 24/7 comfort for periods of 30 days or more.

I would think I need to order a 2 1/8" A ring, with a 3/8 gap, a 1 3/8 diameter cage and a 3 ½” length...

Thanks for any advice.

Attached Files:

2. mikecb

mikecb Long term member

Local Time:
    8:35 PM
    I think the best advice I can offer is to share this post with MatureMetal. I'm sure it'll be helpful for him to assure you get the best fit!

Good luck!
    mikecb

3. ownedsubhubby

Local Time:
    Thanks Mike.....I did email MM the exact text above and he was very helpful. I just wanted to get a few others to chime in with their opinions, that wear the device. I am very active in outdoor activites such as hiking and biking, and my CB 3k never gave me any problems. I want to get a proper fit with the Jail Bird too.

I would hate to order something and then have to send it back and make changes after the finished product seems so clean and well polished.

I CAN say that I just tried the cock rings on again after being out of my CB for 24 hours and the 1 3/8" ring slides on very easily, with a sliver of room to spare. I think in the above posted pics I was a little swollen from sleeping and only having been out of the CB for 10 before those pics were taken.

Thanks.

4. northoftheriver

northoftheriver Junior Member

Local Time:
    1:35 AM
    I'm just wondering whether you might want to consider sizing things so that when your cock is soft there is a small amount of room for it to wiggle around (it's quite a nice feeling when you are walking along and the steel bars 'stroke' you) but have it so that as soon as things swell up and you go hard, everything is tightly gripped. However, I don't have a Jailbird, I'm just speaking from my experience of using a more traditional steel cage device.

NotR

5. jeank

jeank Member

Local Time:
    My only comment would be the length - if you are comfortable in the CB3K, which is 3" in length, then the jailbird will be a little longer - I have the opposite situation where when flaccid the CB3k is too long, so my cage is just under 2" which fits like a glove. But definitely go with MM's suggestions - he's the expert - plus, although he can adjust the ring size and gap, the cage is not adjustable.

6. ownedsubhubby

Local Time:
    @JEANK.....let me see if I understand you correctly....

When I measure the underside of my penis held straight out and limp, My head reaches anywhere out from 3 1/4" to 3 1/2" depending on how much or how little I press the ruler up against the A ring.

If you said the 3" CB 3000 fits good, do you recommend I tell MM I need a 3" cage or a little bigger? Im a little confused, on your wording. I WAS prepared to order a 3 1/4" cage, but everyone keeps saying to o smaller. Several hace said they ordered based on their measurements and when they got the Jailbird their cock was "swimming" inside. the consensus seems to be if its big enough that you can get a partial erection, it pulls the balls and hurts worse than a cage thats a half inch too short.

So its either 3" or 3 1/4" for me.....HMMM

Please see my gallery and view my CB 3K pics before you answer just so you can get an idea how I fill it up.

7. maturemetal

maturemetal CUSTOM CAGES AND TUBES

Local Time:
    Just putting in my 2 cents I have found that when you are talking length always side on the shorter. If it is too long then you will feel it move around. When the cock fills the cage you will forget you are wearing a cage. It is almost like a second skin.

If the cage is too big and it was my fault I will fix the cage or build a new one ASAP. Of course with no charge and a huge apology!
    If somehow the customer mis measured the I have been known to make a deal. I would much rather work with the customer have the cage fit correctly then have it on ebay or sit in a drawer collecting dust. This is the reason I have the sizing rings. I want to make the purchase as smooth as possible.

8. jeank

jeank Member

Local Time:
    Well, MM has said it, but reading my post again I can see why you were confused!

As we all have very different anatomies it's hard for anyone to tell you exactly, but I did have a look at your gallery and cannot see why you would want to order a longer cage than the 3K. For measurement, you mention it varies depending on how hard you push the ruler against the A ring - the answer I think is "not at all" - measure the length along the bottom of your penis from the tip down to where it meets the balls by just laying it on top of the ruler. That's how I measured and the cage fits perfectly.

Anyway, good luck with it. Don't be surprised if you need to send it back once for adjustment to the ring size or gap. It is very difficult to get it exactly right first time

9. chasted me

chasted me Member

Local Time:
    12:35 AM
    i think its hard for us to say what you should choose,

i have a jailbird, and are very happy for that. i did not measure the lenght, i just said to MM that i wil have it the same lenght as the CB6000S. and he made it axactly the same.. and i did also order it a bit smaller in diam, becouse i have seen that i had place left when flacid

about the A-ring i will say take one size that feels good., the safety issue isn`t there, it wil not be the same with just a ring on or the device on. I was using the shortest spacer from the Cb, but choose to go down a little bit on the ring size. and after wearing the jailbird a couple of days i needed to go up a bit in the gap. i didnt see that coming, but when measure the space between the A ring and the cage ON THE UNDERSIDE of the cage is realy important, just a advice, but find a comfy gap on the underside with the CB. and hold that in mind when ordering. For me i had to adjust that gap. i adjusted it my self with bending the A-ring a little at the bottom, (with a hammer and some rubber between.... ). Now it "swings" along with the body curve also.

good luck. :)

10. ownedsubhubby

Local Time:
    @ Chasted Me Thanks for you input. Here is where I stand right now...

Ok so I slept in the Oval 2 1/8" "A" trial ring from Mature metal and it was a little more snug than I prefer. I think I either need a 2 -1/4" ring or maybe switch to a round ring, like on my CB-3k.

Do any of you prefer the round ring? In theory, the tall oval ring should help keep everything centered up and allow more room when you get morning swelling in the 6 o'clock area.

11. maturemetal

Local Time:
    I wanted to let you know that the oval is horizontal not vertical. I can make it vertical if you choose.

12. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    10:35 AM
    Sounds like you're doing everything right. I'm extremely happy with mine, although retrospectively I should have ordered a slightly smaller A ring.

I noticed you were worried that you might be able to pull out. This was a concern of mine too; I ordered the spikes and when everything arrived I looked at them and though "no WAY!" and promptly put them in the draw. I have a PA piercing, but that's only as secure as the jewelery so I got a locking piercing padlock.. which is great (if a little heavy), the only problem is it rattles quite a lot, far to much to wear it to work. So I thought, well, I've been locked up for a few weeks now this time, I'm going to start trying to wear the spikes for a bit.

I put them on one day and wore them no problems! They are long, but they only become noticeable for me exactly as I start to become hard. As long as I'm not trying to get erect (at all) they are very comfortable, so I would suggest you order them. I doubt you would be able to pull out with the spikes and even if you did manage to work your cock past them and orgasm.. you would never ever ever get it back in again, that's for sure.

13. Cape Cod Richie

Cape Cod Richie Senior Member

Local Time:
    8:35 PM
    I have the Pet Trap and simply followed the measuring instructions exactly. Bill knows what to do as he's a hobbyist too. I did purchase a 2nd main ring. The first was oval and worked ok till it got colder here so I ordered the same diameter; but round so I would have a bit more vertical height. I've had good luck with the round ring during this fall.

On the plus side I now have 2 main rings so I can switch next summer if I want the oval one again.

Great customer service goes well with the finicky nature of chastity devices and MM has the best!

14. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    With the cage, when in doubt, go for the smaller measurements. I based the main ring size on my CB-6000s and it's been fine. MM and I both made a few sizing errors the first time around, but we were able to come to a compromise which worked out well. The JB I'm wearing now fits great. I could probably have gotten it a bit shorter still. He bent over backwards to work with me and I'm now considering something like the Pet Trap for a future purchase.

15. steph17

steph17 Junior Member

Local Time:
    I would order smaller than your penis size because I orderd the exact size of my flacid penis and after an hour or so the cage is to big for me as my penis seems to shrink in the cage. At times I fill it without trying to bust out but after a few hours I seem to shrival up and it becomes to big for me. I do not know if anyone else suffers this problem and would like to know why it happens ?.

16. maturemetal

Local Time:
    I agree when in doubt go smaller.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice