Airport security: All you need to know

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Metalman, Jan 16, 2018.

Random Thread
  1. bemfem

bemfem Long term member

Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    9:27 AM
  2. HusbandX

HusbandX Long term member

Local Time:
    2:27 PM
    As mentioned previously in other threads here on the same subject, personally, I wouldn't wear a device through security, whether polymer, ferrous, or otherwise. In luggage, fine, but not worn through security.

I travel a lot, and am operating internationally most of the year; I pass through and have passed through virtually every major international airport, and many that aren't as metro, in every country around the globe and location and continent, except antarctica...including frequent travels in and out of locations such as Iraq and Afghanistan, and more recently, the Ukraine and surrounding countries. I do trips in which everyone is civilian in civilian dress, and others in which everyone is in uniform, carrying automatic weapons, also passing through security, and even then, I wouldn't recommend wearing a chastity device. I'm frequently on flights i which everyone is assigned a firearm...and despite that, I don't wear a device nor would I in transit.

The level of scrutiny and security varies by the country and locale; some places where I go involve a mm microwave scanner and luggage screen; others involve a full luggage toss and aggressive pat down, wanding, and pass through various detectors. In a few locations, passengers are put through multiple screenings, including being placed in blast areas with luggage while searched by hand, searched by dog, scanned, with multiple pat downs.

There's nothing inherently wrong with a piercing, or a cage, etc, but it does raise suspicions, questions, and slows the process, and even then, something like a cage can't be ruled out as contraband, whether ferrous or not. It's not uncommon for smuggling attempts to create a distraction in the hope of passing something beyond security, or to hide contraband using any number of seemingly innocent objects as a foil; stuffing explosives in shoes, wheel chairs, or anywhere else, as well as dividing components among various objects in an attempt to make them less detectable. Notable cases in the public domain are the shoe and underwear bombers, both caught when attempting to set off their explosives.

On a number of occasions, I have been employed to carry explosives through security checkpoints. Without pointing to specifics, I wouldn't personally do anything in the modern era to raise suspicions or get singled out on a list, anywhere. The scrutiny and suspicion that applies to checkpoints is several layers deeper than you might think; I can attest to that. It's also randomized, meaning what applies or is done in one location may not be the same the next day, for good reason. It is inappropriate to say more than that, but given the traffic density today at most airports, I wouldn't attempt passing anything through on my person, including a chastity cage, that I could simply put in luggage and wear at the next stop.

I carry and present identification and credentials that grant me considerably more leeway than most who pass through secure areas, and in many locations, I am afforded a trip around the screening area, instead of through it. Never the less, I am not immune nor exempt, even with those credentials; there are things which may have passed through screening around the globe hundreds of times, and then are confiscated. Over the past few years, I've had perhaps a dozen items extracted from luggage and confiscated, both in the US and abroad in other locations. What you were able to do yesterday is no guarantee for today, or tomorrow.

I was recently on a flight that was delayed due to a mechanical issue. It was a long-haul flight, and several on board had taken sleep aids in anticipation of the trip. Due to a return to the gate with a mechanical issue, after a couple of hours, everyone was deplaned, and several individuals chose to remedy their sleep medication with an energy drink. One entered into convulsions and has to be rushed to a hospital, along with his traveling companion. Because the passenger was removed, their luggage also had to be removed, which delayed the flight several more hours, and resulted in additional subsequent screening and observation.

To each his own, but given some very extensive regular travel and some insight into the process around the globe, I don't travel caged, nor would I recommend it.

gentleman zig likes this.
  3. bemfem

bemfem Long term member

Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    I think that traveling within USA and internationally is completely different. I agree with what you wrote. International laws are completely different. However traveling within continental US, TSA does allow chastity cages and religious & cultural items.

Littlejt1 likes this.
  4. Headtrip

Headtrip Long term member

Midwest USA
    Local Time:
    @HusbandX ,I thought I travelled a lot but have to admit you have me beat. And I understand your choice (and imagine there are additional back-reasons you cant go into, given some of what you said), but with all that experience do you have personal knowledge of cases where someone was arrested, or detained a long time, or the cage was forcibly removed, etc? I am not afforded a choice, I have to travel and my wife does not let me take a key. She has been with me enough times that she simply instructs me to arrive early "just in case". Perhaps she would change her mind if I could demonstrate real world horror stories (beyond normal embarrasment). The TSA's statements (including an officer's casual response to my telling him I was wearing) have not helped disuade her.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  5. Littlejt1

Littlejt1 Long term member

Texas
    Local Time:
    7:27 AM
    I think as others have said if you’re traveling in the US, you’re good, as well as to most modern Western European countries. Some of the less lenient ones, especially eastern, may be an issue. It’s kind of a common sense issue.

I’m confident now to travel around the country with my GA2 in place as I’ve been through 4 different airports now with no issues. Next week traveling to Boston so will add that to the list. IF I was traveling abroad and under additional scrutiny, I’d go back to the old process my wife and I had, I had the key and a small lock box with a security seal. I’d lock up right after TSA, put the key in the box and seal it, send a pic and take my trip. Reverse process on the way back. She gave me the seals and she told me which one to use for which leg of the trip etc. Wasn’t perfect but it works…and with our communications she knew I wouldn’t take extra time to go rub one out before locking back up.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  6. HusbandX

Local Time:
    No, I can't say I have, largely because I can't say I know anyone who is traveling with a cage. I can think of a number of cases in which what someone thought was an innocent travel choice, became their nightmare.

One can end up in circumstances one does not expect. Domestically, or abroad. A well known case involved a man legally carrying a firearm in his checked luggage, traveling between two places where ownership and carriage of the weapon was perfectly legal. Until his flight diverted to New York, where he was rebooked the following day on another flight. He had to overnight in a hotel. When he returned to check in, he was arrested for illegal possession of the firearm and spent some time in jail. He'd been very legal from the beginning, until things changed and his flight diverted, and then it went south for him.

I ended up once in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia; it wasn't part of my itinerary when I began. I spoke no arabic, couldn't read the signs for the flights, and got bounced off a pole twice by Saudi soldiers when it turned out to be the wrong line. Another guy, wearing the only thing he had from his mother, a small gold cross on a chain under his shirt, came under scrutiny of a soldier. The soldier pulled the chain free, breaking it, and then used a pair of diagonal cutters to slice up the cross, before tossing it on the ground and stepping on the pieces. The traveler begged for the cross back, as it was all he had of his mother. The soldier told him to move on, or get shot.

The current matter of Brittney Griner, in Russia, carrying CBD oil in her bag (admittedly, a stupid thing to do, yet innocuous in many locations). Or Naama Issachar before her, same charge, same location. Either one in a Saudi location might have resulted in a beheading.

In the US, you're not going to be beheaded for wearing a chastity cage. They can tell you to remove it, can tell you to confiscate it, and if you have delays between flights or with a tight schedule, you may end up missing a flight, or causing someone else to miss their flight. I've seen screening checkpoints get shut down while a problem is sorted out, even in busy locations; I've been stuck inside the screening checkpoint while it happens. For those who salivate over the public humiliation, and think it's okay to force their kink on the traveling world, it's not okay. It really isn't.

I have passed through a location one day, and gone to fly out the next, only to have items removed and confiscated. You'll note that in the case of sex toys, per the TSA link provided by another poster previously, it's up to the individual TSA agent. Lest my comments be dismissed as irrelevant because they deal with foreign locations, I do plenty of travel and flying within the domestic US, too, as well as neighboring locations such as Mexico, Canada, Cuba, Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, etc. Each person may do as they will. I'm far from the cage police. However, my perspective as one who does travel (just a little) is that I won't wear a cage and travel.

Well there you go: four airports and you've got it figured out.

I think in the last two months, stateside, I flew through Baltimore, Dulles, Chicago, Minneapolis, Miami, Raleigh Durham, Seattle, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Denver, Los Angeles, Yuma, Anchorage, Honolulu, Maui, Fayetteville, Atlanta, and a few others I can't think of offhand, and all those were just the side-trips getting to and from...and a couple of slow months, and those don't include any of the foreign locations. My schedule just blew up again, with my day off tomorrow turning into a 5 am departure. Life goes on. Rest assured, if you've seen four airports and think you've got it nailed, you haven't seen much yet.

I can tell you that I've passed through Detroit, coming from an international location, with the same contents of my bags that I've had for a long time. A TSA agent spent 45 minutes scanning and then searching my bags before he came up with a tiny little object, and paraded back and forth, holding it up triumphantly as though he'd discovered a howitzer, and made a very public show of confiscating it. I'd been through Detroit a dozen times recently, without incident, and numerous airports domestically and abroad. Why on that day, at that time? Mr. Big had his moment. Fair enough. If you think you've had your moment after four trips, you may be in for a surprise.

I passed through a security checkpoint in uniform, having passed through it repeatedly for years, no issues. In fact, in this location, there had never been security personnel. On this particular day, I was returning from a US military base abroad, to a US military base domestically. I just stood for a dignified transfer of human remains, which means I stood at attention in the sun while the bodies of those killed in action were transferred from that inbound flight, to families, or other aircraft to go somewhere else, and I was headed to a hotel for the night, before I had to go again in a few hours.

For the first time, customs personnel were there; new one for me. I'd selfishly added a couple of things to my bag; a piece of fruit from the flight, and a small item to eat. I knew I wouldn't get to eat at the hotel or likely the next day, and I hadn't eaten in nearly a day and a half. The customs guy caught both the items, and grumbled, but confiscated them. Then he began searching my bags.

One bag caught his attention and he ran it back and forth through the scanner. I came around to his side of the machine and looked at the scanned image; a small bag of charge cords lookedlike maybe it had his attention, but he was focused on something else. He opened the bag and tore through it, eventually locating a petrified slim jim beef stick buried behind one of the handle rods on the suitcase. It had apparently slipped back there years prior while in Iraq; it came from a DFAC (military dining facility), and was rock hard. He stated it was undeclared contraband, and prepared to arrest me (I kid not), handcuffs and all. Eventually he put away the cuffs and demanded I get out, said he hoped he never saw me again. I told him it was mutual. One of half a dozen incidents with US personnel, over the years.

Changing flights? Depending on the location, you might need screening again. That's sometimes true in certain terminals, or random screening, or overnight, or diversions or delays, or cancellations (none of which are uncommon these days).

I wore a laser pointer on a lanyard with my ID, for years. Nobody ever said a word. Until one day, when it turned into a big hassle. Go figure.

One never knows. Not worth the hassle. Trust me.

Cindy slut likes this.
  7. Littlejt1

Texas
    Local Time:
    No need to be a dick about it. Share your experience and contribute to the discussion. Being condescending because you feel YOU “know it all” about air travel and chastity doesn’t help anyone and frankly makes you come across as arrogant and a dick. Clearly you travel a lot…I do as well, my 4 airport in 2 weeks may seem a small sample size but they were all major hubs so a good test to be sure. Doesn’t mean there will never be issues, never said it was, however it’s up to the individuals, their keyholders etc.

When I used a traditional metal cage I wouldn’t hit TSA with it, and I wouldn’t try international security with any device. My experience is just that, mine. TSA has better things to do than confiscate a locked on chastity device. They’re not looking for people with kinks so long as it doesn’t affect security and safety.

Your opinion is welcome and certainly could help someone decide but let’s keep the tone friendly and helpful, as this community has always been that.

MrDoubleyou and Peter Rabbit like this.
  8. ballbust

ballbust bbust

Local Time:
    Both have good points - my question is how on earth does HusbandX have any time to wear a cage with all his travel.

Littlejt1 likes this.
  9. HusbandX

Local Time:
    Depends on the occasion. Simple answer is, sometimes I don't. Work comes first.

10. Headtrip

Midwest USA
    Local Time:
    Sorry @HusbandX I wasnt trying to put a negative spotlight on you. Many of your points are valid but could apply also to laptops or belt buckles (or especially tokens that another culture finds offensive). But I would like to get this thread back to what @Metalman started: a list of specific cases where a chastity cage was/was not cleared and what consequences occurred if not. You bring up a great point that the "not cleared" might be rare but horrible - so I very much want to know about those actual cases (involving chastity cages).

I also worry more in foreign countries who are not necessarily aligned with US values, but eventually was persuaded to wear on several trips through Asia, for example. A few times I was wanded and/or pulled aside and when I said "body jewellry" received a smile and pushed through. I can imagine the horror if some foreign government wanted to make an example out of an unsuspecting businessman, but so far have not read a single encounter beyond the usual "show us what this is" in a exam room. If you are in service or government you are unfortunately held to a higher standard...

Please continue to be careful and let us know if you encounter chastity specific horror stories in your travels.

Littlejt1 and Peter Rabbit like this.
  11. eurolicious

eurolicious Active member

Local Time:
    Second update…..went through LAX with Pre-check. No beep from the detector, passed right through with MM Jailbird.

Headtrip and Littlejt1 like this.
  12. Littlejt1

Texas
    Local Time:
    Update from me as I traveled this week again… had IAH and DCA, but now can add EWR, BOS, CLT, LIT, ORD, and MCO to the list.

Note all we’re pre-check and metal detectors only. And with MCN GA2 device.

Headtrip and Peter Rabbit like this.
  13. hotwife81

hotwife81 Member

US - Tennessee
    Local Time:
    Just a few days ago I traveled through Atlanta and through Boston. TSA pre check with my Captus metal cage. No issues at all. The scanner did not go off.

Littlejt1, Peter Rabbit and bemfem like this.
  14. ChasteBoi150

ChasteBoi150 Active member

Attorney
    Tulsa
    Local Time:
    8:27 AM
    Love that you have a diaper on!

15. PussyBytch

PussyBytch Active member

Engineer/Project Manager/Maid
    Catskills
    Local Time:
    #90 PussyBytch, Jan 6, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
    I have never been forced to fly diapered but my wife says I will be the next time I fly. It obviously shows up on the scanner, as would the chastity device beneath. Have you ever had an issue or been asked anything?

16. Badtar

Badtar Member

Business
    Knoxville
    Local Time:
    I just flew through LGA PreCheck with my BA-28 titanium in place and they were using a metal detector. It set it off. The TSA agent had me remove my belt, but the metal detector again went off. He then had me go through the outline scanner it I passed. I contemplated changing to my Holy Trainer V5, but I really wanted to push this.

It was certainly more exciting to go through the sceening than normal.

Headtrip, Littlejt1 and Peter Rabbit like this.
  17. Headtrip

Midwest USA
    Local Time:
    I have noticed that most metal detectors seem to be pickier lately. I can get thru (wearing my Lori 2D) but only if I make sure all other metal has been removed, right down to belt buckle and aluminum credit cards. Likewise I have noticed that the scanners are passing me much more easily than in previous years.

Reported this on another thread last month but restating here since it is a fairly comprehensive list. Have passed metal detectors in DTW, ATL, DAL, IAH, PIE, MEX, QRO. For the later I did get beeped and told the agent "body jewelry", he asked his supervisor who said it was okay, and to hand want away from my privates, which I passed quickly. Have also passed scanners in DTW, ATL, TPA, PIE, FRA and DUS. The German scanners showed a yellow square over my privates and one time they hand wanded me without statement or delay.

So my takeaways are that the settings on the metal detectors can change from time to time (I didn't keep track of which metal detectors beeped until I removed more metal, but it was noticeably more in the last 6 months than, say, pre-covid), but the scanner software seems to have improved everywhere and is easier to get through without comment than the metal detectors. No new excuses to convince the wife to let me fly free...

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  18. cshorts

cshorts Locked in love for SL

Bay Area, California
    Local Time:
    6:27 AM
    That's my impression too. For the first three years I was wearing my MCN Contender (thin bars, high quality stainless steel) I almost never set off an airport scanner -- like maybe once or twice in three years (and I take about 20 round trips a year). But in the past year, I set off the scanner more often than not. No problem -- I have no shame, just say "I have intimate jewelry in my groin" and they either wand me or send me through the "naked" machine (outline scanner). I've never once been searched in the private room, and no one has ever made a comment.

Rectrix and Peter Rabbit like this.
  19. lockedforfun

lockedforfun Long term member

Local Time:
    6:27 AM
    People can share their experiences of course, but regardless of what happened to someone else (or even yourself last week), you should assume if you wear a cage through airport security that it will be noticed and flagged for extra scrutiny. If it isn't, great, but as HusbandX pointed out, your experience with airport security will vary with time and place, and there's always a chance you'll be busted even if some other time you'd have been cleared.

If you're not ready for that, don't fly locked.

Serafina's pet and Rally13 like this.
  20. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    I agree. If you’re not ready to admit you’re locked, then don’t.

I got “busted” for wearing just actual body jewelry, while I was still stretching my PA to fit 4ga in preparation for chastity. It was in the body scanner back in 2014. I had a secondary screening, in private. Everyone was professional. The security agents even seemed a little embarrassed.

I had my belt unbuckled and maybe pants unbuttoned? I really don’t know.

I explained I was wearing body jewelry.
    The supervisor came in. Rolled his eyes. They didn’t even touch me. No one asked me to show them my penis.

No one exposed me. Not in the slightest.
    Everyone was professional. As was I.

You guys just need to stop feeling so scared!

You’re not doing anything wrong. Be proud and confident you’re a good citizen. Keep the process going. Don’t fight them doing their job.

Like… how hard is it to just submit to the process and trust they aren’t out to hurt you?

Don’t show fear and the event will pass.

Mind you, I understand international airports might be different. But the TSA in USA, and the authorities in both Canada and Mexico have not cared about my little steel cage.

I don’t know - obviously - but I think the machines know what chastity devices are. My cage was imaged in Canada as I had no option for metal detector or opting for a manual screening. The woman didn’t even turn her head to look at me. And so I think that The machine learning trained image recognition system might actually know what a caged penis is. I’m starting to think this is more plausible… at least now compared to 2002.

I know some here love to write pages in their replies. I simply do not care. I am confident in my ability to submit to authority AND smell a bully and act accordingly.

I’ve lived for most of my life as a submissive male. I know how to act. I know how to avoid conflict. It’s second nature to me. So maybe I don’t understand the concern.

It’s perfectly fine to take it off. I’d put in your checked bags. The most likely embarrassing event would be for them to pull it out of your carry on bag in front of everyone.

Don’t do this to force your kinks on people. Avoid smirking. Avoid getting your jollies. Don’t use people.

21. Caged for life

Caged for life Long term member

Sheetmetal mechanic
    USA
    Local Time:
    Good information thanks, I hope when or if we ever travel I can leve the cage at home.

22. Headtrip

Midwest USA
    Local Time:
    I like the way @Peter Rabbit summed up the mental choices behind this. Again, my choice was made for me a while ago and I am 100% OK with it. So back to the quantitative point of the OP, last week's travel reinforces my Jan observations:

DTW: Cleared through metal detector. I did take my smart watch off in advance, and they guy said "smart move, those things aren't supposed to set these off but I can tell you they do lately".
    RNO: Busted in metal detector. No watch, no belt. The TSA agent looked puzzled. I said "I do have some body jewelry" to which she said "no, that shouldn't be it, maybe it is the shoes?". They sent me through the scanner and Cleared. Whole thing took less time than it took to type this.

So the metal detectors appear to be more sensitive (I have flown the same route before while caged and cleared). On the other hand I was looking at the scanner screen with her and it was 100% green and I believe the word at the top was actually "cleared". I know the scanner can "see it" yet it must have some logic that can sort out that my cage is harmless.

Back to the qualitative interpretation: This took almost no time and was not embarrassing nor even noticed by the other people in my group so I am just fine with it. If you are deeply concerned about having to be rechecked by the scanner (yes, or in a remote case in person) then don't do it. But to that last point, my wife and I had TSA pull a sex toy (vibrating dildo) out of her carryon some years ago and everyone around could see, so I would sooner "wear" than "carry" myself (in the odd chance there is a detailed discussion, at least it would be in private!).

Peter Rabbit and Chaz69 like this.
  23. Chaz69

Chaz69 Long term member

IT
    Midwest, USA
    Local Time:
    8:27 AM
    Ditto for me, I did set off the metal detector on the way out of Chicago O'Hare, but I had my watch and belt on, and I had some metal buttons on my hoodie, but then on the way back at Cancun Airport in Mexico, where they asked me to take my watch and belt off, I didn't set it off.

The person monitoring the body scanner will see your cage, regardless of whether it's metal or plastic, but they won't care.

24. M@rcellus

M@rcellus Long term member

Local Time:
    A magic lock can set off the metal detector. That will put you in line for body scanner. This will detect any non-organic mass including your plastic cage. Even if it doesn't you will get a full rub down search including groin area. Even if I were to wear a full plastic cage with plastic bar and one time seal eventually I will be selected for full rub down. Which wouldn't bother me personally but I do this a lot so it's impossible to be airport safe... sadly.

25. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    I’ve had full “rub down” body searches in front of everyone. Only once in chastity. Years of travel, without jewelry. A few years with.

It’s not a “rub down”. It’s the back of their hands. They aren’t feeling you up.

I agree the body scanner detects everything. Even a plastic cage. That’s why I had avoided them. Nowadays they don’t show an image to the operator. It’s just an outline and a yellow rectangle.

I believe the Automatic Target Detection software knows what chastity devices are. I’ve been through these imaging scanners twice since my post above.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice