First few days with Neosteel Fun

Discussion in 'Full Belts' started by jchar, Mar 10, 2022.

1. jchar

jchar Active member

Local Time:
    5:51 PM
    Hi all,

I ordered my Neosteel Fun in December, it finally arrived on Monday this week. When I first tried the belt on, the rear cable was way too short. Disappointed, I really didn't want to wait 3-6 months or more to get a correction made, I have successfully made rear cables for my cheap Chinese belts and they are very secure. I decided to give it a go since I already had the materials, I ended up needing to make a cable that was over a full inch longer than the original. I honestly don't know how I ended up that far off, we measured repeatedly following the instructions, but whats done is done. I may eventually try making a solid rod as I've seen several posts saying that setup is more comfortable than the cable, it would be very easy to make one though I'd kind of prefer to have a second tube so I have one working one at all times.

In any case, it fits much better and is incredibly comfortable. I had only one other problem where the rear cable joins to the penis tube it was causing discomfort when sitting. I saw one other poster here mention molding thermo plastic around this spot. I tried this solution and it made a huge difference.

Given that I've had a lot of experience wearing full belts (cheap Chinese ones) I figured I would give it a go for a 24 hour run. Other than a brief one hour removal for adjustment the first 24 hours was no problem at all. There's no significant comfort issues so just going to leave it until I notice any reason to remove it. I still have the keys for now but its also secured with a wire seal so my wife will know if I remove it. Once I am sure that things are comfortable I'll hand over the keys for good, based on how its going so far I don't think it will take long.

The other thing I have to say about this belt is how effective it is in suppressing any kind of stimulation, the only way I can describe it is it just stops. Once the penis starts to get hard its just feels like pressure and it doesn't feel particularly good or bad, it does feel good but not in a way that I think I could cross the edge to orgasm. In other belts and devices I've found it easy and in some cases uncomfortable that the penis tube would rub creating stimulation and ultimately it was easy to orgasm while wearing the belt. I am not seeing this being possible so far with the Fun, which is what I wanted. Its great to finally have a belt that really works and is comfortable.

John, 1mlockedup, durango_o and 7 others like this.
  2. lokdnsteel

lokdnsteel Long term member

Supervisor
    FLORIDA, USA
    Local Time:
    1:51 PM
    Great review on your first experiences with the Neosteel Fun. I really want to get one of these. Any chance we can get some pictures?

3. glitchvdub

glitchvdub Member

Local Time:
    2:51 PM
    I don’t think your short cable is a fault of your measuring. I measured mine over the course of months to get an average. Mine still showed up too short as well.

jchar likes this.
  4. Yaquiran

Yaquiran Member

Local Time:
    I ordered a fun in 2018 and it when it showed up in January 2019 I too had the same problem of the cable being way too short. As I don't have the metalworking tools and machinery, I had to send it back to Germany to be fixed. That whole process took about two months. I couldn't imagine having to do that now with the ridiculous delays DHL has imposed on international parcels.

jchar likes this.
  5. John

John Member

Local Time:
    11:51 PM
    What a great review especially the tube part I'm curious about. How does it compares to the Chinese and which one you do you have? As for now the price for fun is high and very long delivery and the measurement thing is also a issue.

6. CbeltedNJ

CbeltedNJ Member

Local Time:
    I also had the same issue with the fun. Cable it about an inch short.
    Can anyone who fixed it give some ideas on what you used? I have modified my mysteel but after looking at this one was not sure where to begin

7. jchar

jchar Active member

Local Time:
    So I guess in a way its good to know I'm not the only person with a cable too short, but that's disappointing that its hard to get a correct measurement for neosteel to work from. This is now my 4th straight day in the Fun, its been removed 2 total times for adjustment. My wife asked me for an update yesterday and after noting how well I was doing, told me to give her the keys.

This signifies the start of the break-in period (no removals except for cleaning), she decided 1 month would be a good start. I've already earned 5 extra days after being caught trying to stimulate myself in the device, which unlike all other devices I've tried over the years (many), was completely unsuccessful. I am really trapped this time, its wonderful and frightening at the same time, honestly I am really happy to finally have a device that for me makes chastity real. It seems my wife recognized the difference too, we've had a lot of trouble with devices just not doing the job one way the other, this time shes really motivated.

Comparing this device with the cheap Chinese devices such as the arch style device I have (often marketed as "The Protector") is about like comparing a Ford Fiesta with a Ferrari. There just isn't a comparison. The Neosteel is very comfortable, the tube is just the right size for me so there's no movement and no room for growth, the Protector's tube was much larger than needed which isn't good for comfort and you end up with a lot of rubbing around in the tube. The thicker Masterpiece style waistband fits snug and is very rigid, the protector uses thin sheet metal and a silicone liner. The cable I made fits just snug so I can get it just enough out of the way for going to the restroom but that's it. Literally all I can use my penis for now is peeing. I've never experienced that with another device, where it was either too uncomfortable, easy to escape or easy to stimulate. I was worried this would be yet another failed attempt at a usable device, but this time it seems to be a success.

John likes this.
  8. jchar

jchar Active member

Local Time:
    #8 jchar, Mar 12, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
    I don't have any pics of how I did it, but the Neosteel cable on mine was secured by two rivets on either end of the cable. I first stripped off the black sheath over each of the attachment points so I could see the rivets. Then I clamped it down and carefully went at the rivets with a handheld drill (might be easier to line it up under a drill press if you have one) until enough material was removed that I could tap them out with a pin punch.

To make a new cable, I use a thinner wire than Neosteel uses, I don't consider this any risk security wise, its still plenty strong and this is about the last place you'd want to attack the belt if you were trying to remove it without a key. Its actually dog leash cable I found at Lowes (https://www.lowes.com/pd/Blue-Hawk-20-ft-Weldless-Galvanized-Red-Vinyl-Coated-Steel-Cable/1000830414). Its not stainless, but so far I've seen no signs of rusting on previous times I've used it to make cables for my other belts. I use my cutting wheel to make a length of the cable longer than I need, then I strip the red coating off so its just bare wire.

To cover the cable, I used 4mm vacuum hose I found on eBay, like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/373077365484

Now to make a point to secure the cable, I used 4mm Stainless steel capillary tubing, also found on eBay. I bought mine years ago for another project but this looks like the same thing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/273976522826

I cut a piece of tubing with my cutting wheel about 1.5" long, then using a drill thats pretty close to the inside diameter, run it through to deburr the inside edge, then deburr the outside by chucking it into my drill and running it against a metal file. To attach this to the steel cable, I put the piece of tube on a concrete or steel surface, slide the steel cable about 1/2" into it, and using a heavy concrete chisel, I place it over the tube where the cable is resting inside it, and give it a couple good hits with a hammer. I then turn it over and do the same thing on the other side. This creates a fairly secure crimping, I've not been able to pull loose and I've yet to have one fail. Now on the hollow end of the tube, I hammer it until it is nearly flat so I can drill holes to attach it to the belt. The other thing that helps at this step, keep in mind the natural bend of the steel cable, try to make that match how the cable will be when the belt is together so its not pulling a different direction.

Once I have one end secured this way, I drill the holes to secure it to the penis tube and then secure it with zip ties temporarily, and then more or less measure by feel placing it on my body and approximating how long I think the cable should be, keeping in mind the other end will be 1" or so longer with capillary tubing secured to it. Once I have that, I slide on the length of vacuum hose which is just long enough that it can slide on to the bracket I made on either end of the cable (its really important to do this before you secure the other end with the crimped tubing or you won't be able to get the vacuum hose on). In order to do the last step of securing the bracket on the other end of the cable, I push the hose as far down as I can and clip some vice grips on to the steel cable to prevent the hose from sliding back over the end of the cable. Then I can work on securing the bracket on the other end, using the same method of crimping and flattening as above.

I use stainless steel rivets to secure the cable to the penis tube and waistband bracket.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pics showing these intermediate steps. One other consideration, is you may want some heatshrink over either end of the cable, I didn't like this and ended up using thermoplastic over either end, it really helped for me. Hopefully some of this info helps!

Attached Files:

John, lokdnsteel and durango_o like this.
  9. glitchvdub

glitchvdub Member

Local Time:
    I had some ends made to extend the cable, they are basically the same ones that Neosteel makes and I crimped them as well.

10. glitchvdub

glitchvdub Member

Local Time:
    If there is interest I may be able to have some more ends made. They are not cheap since it’s machinest time on a lathe. I have the solid rivers too, all in stainless.

11. Fetish

Fetish Junior Member

EU
    Local Time:
    11:51 PM
    Please add some pictures.
    I am interested in tube-side ends especially.

12. glitchvdub

glitchvdub Member

Local Time:
    65DB4F71-F84C-46A0-8078-38C69521A260.jpeg

Minas bitch, jchar and Fetish like this.
  13. CbeltedNJ

CbeltedNJ Member

Local Time:
    Sorry for the delay and thank you so much for the detailed response!! I finally got the nerve to cut the belt apart and give this a shot. I was able to cut and turn the old cable right out of the couplings wihtout drilling the rivets. I went to home depot and got some coated 1/8 tube that fits right in. Used some JB weld on the tube side. So so far so good.
    Glad you finally gave me the courage to give this a shot.
    I will update if everything holds and works out

jchar likes this.
  14. CbeltedNJ

CbeltedNJ Member

Local Time:
    So update, i got everything back together and seems to be holding. Belt is much more comfortable now that it is not so low in the back.

As i said above i first start by cutting the old shrink tubing off. Next u was able to pull tbe old cord out of the connections with a bench clamp, some vice grips, and some twisting. Its just held in with compression it seems.

after that i purchase some 1/8 coated cable from homedepot. I cut the coating off the tube side first and used some JB weld 2 part do connect it. Then as suggested by jchar i did some trials to get the new length.

I then got some 3:1 1/8 shrink tube from amazon and luckily remebered to put it on before attaching the belt side connnection.

Used a heat gun after letting the jbweld set a day and came our pretty good.

Attached is a pic, once again thanks to Jchar for posting and giving me the courage to cut up this expensive belt!

Attached Files:

jchar likes this.
  15. jchar

jchar Active member

Local Time:
    Very nice I am glad you were able to modify yours so it works better for you. I probably need to re-do mine soon and I am still looking for a better solution to put around the joint connections, particularly where the wire connects to the tube. Sitting is still uncomfortable, the thermoplastic I used around the joint while it helps a lot is hard to get totally smooth, so I might try another brand to see if it works better. If that doesn't work I may look into an epoxy putty.

I also ended up filling in the breathing holes on the side of the tube with food grade epoxy. I found that after several nights of continuous wear, the skin was basically pushing through the holes and really started to hurt. Considering these holes are almost always covered up when the belt it on, I don't think they were really any benefit. So far its a lot more comfortable.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice