[Experimenting newbie] Want to try 24/7 but [Pain / discomfort]

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by IAmAntho, Aug 27, 2021.

1. IAmAntho

IAmAntho Active member

Busy thinking about chastity
    Canada
    Local Time:
    6:58 AM
    #1 IAmAntho, Aug 27, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    [French Canadian]

Hello everyone, as I am a newbie in this kind of practice, I didin't know what to buy or what to try first, so I went for a cheap plastic cage made in china that cost like 8USD on Ebay. As you could imagine from that kind of quality, it broke in half. My first reflex was to try a metal one, ranging for 10$ to 30$ because you know, being new to it me and my GF wanted to try it more of a premilinary thing / a one day time kink followed by some plays in the bed, so we didint want to spend a lot of money into "it".

As of right now, I have a few really cheap plastic cages that I do not use anymore.
    As also have that kind of cage but maybe not EXACTLY this one (bought it a little while ago) : https://www.amazon.com/UleadeTM-Steel-Chastity-Device-Locked/dp/B01I155M94 EDIT : Img link was ruining the post

My other metal one looks like that : https://www.houseofdenial.com/products/steel-hod-s77 [​IMG]

Keep in mind that my cages are from Ebay and didint cost much, most likely a replica of some "good" ones, or not.

So, one day, thinking about those short experiences, I realised that I really enjoyed the feeling that being caged was bringing into me, I am no psychologist to say why and what but you know, bottom line is it turns me the F* on.

The problem that I am having is that after some time (during the same day) I start to feel pain, like a sensation of burning (soft burning) under my testicles (on my skin). That sensation comes from my skin that sometimes is getting red, sometime a bit swollen. I have read posts about the ring being too big so it moves on the skin and can hurt a bit after a while but I feel it is not because of that. In fact, to feel better I have to move it to another spot, pulling the skin so the ring is not exactly at the same place. That happens with my 2 cages, 2 different model of rings and both are "50mm", might be big according to what I have read but I mean, I can only put 1 finger in the ring while I am "soft".

So the question is, as a newbie, is it normal that my skin react to being "stuck" "pressured" on, maybe it is some kind of an allergic reaction from the metal? (but only under the balls?!) I am allergic to nothing btw, that I know of.

The problem is getting worst during night, where every sleep cycle during the "hard" phase of the cycle I wake up, and have to move the ring because it hurts quite a lot, "burning sensation". Again, only the bottom part of the ring makes it hurt.

Thank you all for reading me, I appreciate the time you put into this, if you have any suggestion, well, I am here for that :)

2. ChasteCel

ChasteCel 7/6 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale

Local Time:
    What you're feeling is not uncommon. Couple things to look out for...

First the worst - cheap cages tend to be made of cheap steel that have a high nickel percentage. Yes, make sure you don't have a nickel allergy. It usually manifests as a contact allergy.

Now that that's out of the way!

(1) You need to make sure your cage is the right length. It should be slightly *shorter* than the length of your penis while flaccid. This helps you pee out of it (the tip is pressing up against the end of the cage, so you can direct well) and it stops erections from getting a foothold, so to speak. If there's a little bit of space, an erection starts and then keeps going - the fact you're having this problem worse overnight tends to point to this being a concern.

(2) Even when you have a cage that's perfectly sized, the "ball burn" is still a thing. Most of us use some form of lubrication underneath the balls at the ring to help it slide back and forth without causing abrasion. I swear by Aquaphor personally because it's petroleum jelly based (long lasting) and contains a bunch of skin-friendly stuff that help stops abrasions or heals ones that start. Other people go for other things, there are several threads here discussing them.

Good luck, stay horny!

3. IAmAntho

IAmAntho Active member

Canada
    Local Time:
    Thank you for the directions! I will try putting on some lube underneath, I have never tried any form of lubrication with a cage, might help indeed!

The problem with smaller cages is that when I become harder, my skin tend to "fill the aeration holes" and it can start to hurt if the skin is like that for too long. But again, that might be caused by low quality product...

I would say that my actual cage is "perfect fit", not shorter, but the tip is touching the end, when I tend to get excited and "harder" the skin get "out" from the rings that forms the cage (the one like the image I posted) but it doesnt hurt, I guess the inner diameter is large enough and the "holes" large enough that the skin wont hurt.

By the way, what are you doing regarding the skin that gets out of the cage on the tip, I keep getting pinched inbetween my underwear and the cage itself? Sometimes I use toilet paper that I fold into a rectangular shape and I place it in the cage to the tip so the skin cannot get out and pinch...but it's a really "meh" trick I feel like.

4. Alana

Alana Long term member

California
    Local Time:
    3:58 AM
    When you are feeling that burning sensation on your scrotum at the base of your ring, Try this;

1) wrap your hand around your cage with your thumb on top
    2) with your index or middle finger press up on your scrotum right next to the ring. (the idea here is to break the vacuum seal formed between your skin and the ring)
    3) hold for several seconds until the burning sensation passes

Your Welcome

Note: This is only intended to give you relief from that burning sensation, not to fix any fit issues you may be having with your cage

TinyPrincess and IAmAntho like this.
  5. IAmAntho

IAmAntho Active member

Canada
    Local Time:
    Hey Alana thanks for the answer and sorry for my late response, I have been looking around quite a bit and I came up with even more questions haha. Do you think it burns on my scrotum because the ring might be too tight or maybe the cage too large? (50mm ring, 58mm cage length) I can put one finger into the ring when soft and for the length, I'd say it's about the same length as my penis, sometimes if I am really soft like getting out of a cold shower, my penis wont reach the end of the cage.

Thanks again for everyone's time and patience =P

6. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    11:58 AM
    I had that problem with more than one device when I used plastic cages. On one, I used a fine file to smooth the sharp edges of the holes, that only worked to a degree. On another, I completely blocked the holes using a similar plastic and epoxy resin. Much better, but still not as good as my later steel devices. If you're getting the problem with a steel device, then it really must be the quality of the metalwork, a well designed smooth metal surface shouldn't cause that sort of pinching.

If you're uncut then the only solution is to use a cage specifically designed to avoid it.
    One manufacturer that has a range of cage heads specifically to prevent foreskin problems is Red Chili:
    https://malechastity-devices.com/index.php/head-choice
    (no connection, just a satisfied customer)

IAmAntho likes this.
  7. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
  8. IAmAntho

IAmAntho Active member

Canada
    Local Time:
    Those cages you linked looks great indeed, but as a newbie, kinda still "trying" the kink, somewhere between 300$ CAD and 600$ CAD is a bit intense. But it in also a pain because without a "perfect fit" or really good one, I am struggling to not have pain and therefor losing money slowly but surely into many many cheap ass devices.

I am actually reading the patsy's measurement guide : https://www.chastitymansion.com/for...measuring-system-for-custom-fit-devices.5673/

I will most likely try the cherry "something" cage since it is more on my budget, I am a teacher, and a new teacher...so the pay...you know...kinda low haha

Been 2 days of intensive research and reading from everywhere...people sometimes contradicting one another...

I just really wish to be part of that kink in a healthy none hurting way!! haha

And yes, I am not cut so I have to deal with all that skin :confused:

Just switched cages like 30 min ago to see what fit best, 70mm long and 50mm ring changed for a 58mm long 49mm ring, already feeling a bit more discomfort...I will definitely scrap that smaller plastic cage.

:love: All the love to you for helping me out! I really really enjoy the community and the will to come help.

Perverspepere likes this.
  9. Alana

Alana Long term member

California
    Local Time:
    3:58 AM
  10. Boxy123

Boxy123 Member

Local Time:
    Ditch the plastic full stop.

Pull the balls' skin away from you and the main ring and then out and up around towards the lock up top. Creases down below are what causes the pain. Keep jingling and if the size is right you can get comfy but secure.

If you can pull Percy out through the base ring top try an anti pullout addition. The spikes are irrelevant-ish, but stop such deviances when done properly.

Beyondheat likes this.
  11. IAmAntho

IAmAntho Active member

Canada
    Local Time:
    Ish I am trying to reduce pain, thanks for the tricks, but the spikes makes me think it would increase the pain a bit isn't it?

I don't know what ring size to try since my biggest is 50mm and still hurts during night, I don't know how many more mm would make a difference.

12. Boxy123

Boxy123 Member

Local Time:
    50mm is big. Is it fitted right? Left ball then right then Arthur. The ring should be as close to the body as possible before worrying about the rest.

13. IAmAntho

IAmAntho Active member

Canada
    Local Time:
    Well it is Ebay grade for the cages (tried 3 models so far). wearing a 50mm ring, plastic // "round" steel // "flat sided" steel and the 3 of them makes it hurt during night (every 1h30 ish). When I wear them, I can put 1 finger in the ring while soft.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice