Nickel Allergy

Discussion in 'Chinese devices' started by Carls.not.dead.yet, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Carls.not.dead.yet

IT
    UK
    Local Time:
    1:12 AM
    Currently i have four devices,
    1 x Leather Gates of hell
    [​IMG]
    1 x Strict gates of Hell
    [​IMG]
    1 x CB2000 (Genuine)

1 x CB6000s (Non Genuine)
    both the CB devices are both poly carbonate and only the lock is metal. I have no issues with these, except a small hygiene issue with the CB6000s and abrasiveness of the ring.
    both the Gates of hell have metal studs that cause irritation from a seconds worth of contact. (I'm going to bin these two)

My question is:

Does anyone else have an allergy to Nickel? ( I've read that its about 1 in 10)
    Do you wear (or know someone that wears) a lower quality (Cheap) metal chastity device?
    and if so do you/they suffer from any reaction?
    how did you/they over come it? (Protective creams, plastic coated the device, Bought a genuine model)

Thanks

2. Guest 3729

Guest 3729 Long term member

Local Time:
    6:12 PM
    I've only worn stainless steel and the holy trainer which claims to be a hypoallergenic material. As a goldsmith I see people bring in costume jewelry all the time that is nickel plated. A lot of people are allergic to nickel in general but the majority of people are not. There's a good chance you might not be allergic to nickel but since it's only a plating it will wear through to the base metal which is usually like a brass or pot metal. Then the acidity and salt in your body react badly to the base metal as it deteriorates and you will get a bad rash and it will turn your penis green and I'm not joking. I see people's rings do that all the time to their fingers lol.

I've bought 2 stainless Chinese devices. The first one I bought was a pepper mill style that cost me $32 and second is called a Gold Kinger and the cost me around $22. They are wearable for practically forever because it's stainless steel all the way through. Don't mess with the plated stuff you're just throwing your money away.

keyheld likes this.
  3. Guest 3729

Guest 3729 Long term member

Local Time:
    6:12 PM
    Oh yeah and as far as hygiene goes I say stainless steel all the way. Any plastic type devices I've ever worn tend to have an odor after several hours of wear. This is unacceptable to me because my mistress is a very "in the moment" kind of person and there is nothing that's more of a turn off than a stinky cock :)

With my gold Kinger I can actually go 2 days with no shower and I stay clean. Trust me, go stainless...

bondinchas likes this.
  4. NauticalBear

NauticalBear Member

Systems Engineer (Network)
    United States, Florida, Ft. Lauderdale
    Local Time:
    8:12 PM
    I’m not personally allergic to nickel..I.e. I don’t show a reaction....but anyone who gets enough exposure to it will show a reaction eventually. Nickel is toxic to humans. I’m a silversmith. The jewelry industry stopped using some things like cadmium in the 60’s, & nickel was recognized as a problem since about the same time; good quality materiel is nickel free. I wouldn’t ever put nickel bearing metal against my skin for any length of time. I know a guy who wore a cock ring made of pot metal for years. As it corroded his cock looked worse & worse & he got sicker. When he finally put two & two together it was almost too late, but his new Mistress saved his ass. And his cock.

5. Carls.not.dead.yet

IT
    UK
    Local Time:
    Well,
    so far so good/bad.
    no irritation caused by Nickel so far, the device stated it was 304 stainless steel, so hoping everything will be Ok.

6. NauticalBear

NauticalBear Member

Local Time:
    If you’re worried about a possibility of an allergic reaction you can purchase a well-known product called “Ever
    Brite”. I have had some requests for some of my chastity jewelry in materials that either provoke a reaction or get scummy due to sweat, oils, oxidation, etc....the usual stuff that makes silver tarnish. I use EverBrite to coat metal to make it 100% safe to wear..for example...copper against skin w/o causing skin color changes or causing the metal to develop a patina.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheJewelersKilt <- me
    https://www.everbritecoatings.com/cart/protectaclear-coating-only-c-7.html <- extremely good way to spend $20

Carls.not.dead.yet likes this.
  7. Caged Wolf

Caged Wolf A Wolf, even caged, is still a Wolf.

Pacific Northwest
    Local Time:
    5:12 PM
    I am allergic to nickle, bought one that was sold as stainless, that obviously wasn't. I was swollen out of shape for almost 2 weeks.. threw it away!

8. NauticalBear

NauticalBear Member

Local Time:
    I
    think many..if not most...of thenChinese knockoffs are pretty blatantly lying about their materials. I think you’ll find a lot of manganese, pig metal, zinc, etc..all labeled as stainless.

Even if they list it as 316L stainless...you still may have issues. The 300-series steels are all nickel alloys. 316L has molybdenum which might be the only stainless alloy you can trust. You might want to do some reading or talk to your sic to find out which (if any) alloys are safe. It sounds like you’re more sensitive than most who are allergic to nickel.

One thing....I use a lacquer called ProtectaClear from Ever Brite Coatings. I spray or dip jewelry into/with it. It can handle day to day wear & skin rubbing friction for about 15 years. (You can take the old off with solvent & revolt if you like.)

It keeps copper from developing a patina & making a persons skin turn green. It’s food safe & a coating on your cage would probably protect your skin.....note I say “probably”because I don’t know, link below if you want to check it out...

https://www.everbritecoatings.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13&products_id=36

Stainless Steel Series’
    • 300 Series—austenitic chromium-nickel alloys
      • Type 301—highly ductile, for formed products. Also hardens rapidly during mechanical working. Good weldability. Better wear resistance and fatigue strength than 304.
      • Type 302—same corrosion resistance as 304, with slightly higher strength due to additional carbon.
      • Type 303—free machining version of 304 via addition of sulfur and phosphorus. Also referred to as "A1" in accordance with ISO 3506.[6]
      • Type 304—the most common grade; the classic 18/8 (18% chromium, 8% nickel) stainless steel. Outside of the US it is commonly known as "A2 stainless steel", in accordance with ISO 3506 (not to be confused with A2 tool steel).[6] The Japanese equivalent grade of this material is SUS304. [7].
      • Type 304L—same as the 304 grade but lower carbon content to increase weldability. Is slightly weaker than 304.
      • Type 304LN—same as 304L, but also nitrogen is added to obtain a much higher yield and tensile strength than 304L.
      • Type 308—used as the filler metal when welding 304.
      • Type 309—better temperature resistance than 304, also sometimes used as filler metal when welding dissimilar steels, along with inconel.
      • Type 310 310S— is a highly alloyed austenitic stainless steel used for high temperature application. The high chromium and nickel content give the steel excellent oxidation resistance as well as high strength at high temperature. This grade is also very ductile, and has good weldability enabling its widespread usage in many applications. [8]
      • Type 316—the second most common grade (after 304); for food and surgical stainless steel uses; alloy addition of molybdenum prevents specific forms of corrosion. It is also known as marine grade stainless steel due to its increased resistance to chloride corrosion compared to type 304. 316 is often used for building nuclear reprocessing plants.
      • Type 316L—is an extra low carbon grade of 316, generally used in stainless steel watches and marine applications, as well exclusively in the fabrication of reactor pressure vessels for boiling water reactors, due to its high resistance to corrosion. Also referred to as "A4" in accordance with ISO 3506.[6]
      • Type 316Ti—variant of type 316 that includes titanium for heat resistance. It is used in flexible chimney liners.
      • Type 321—similar to 304 but lower risk of weld decay due to addition of titanium. See also 347 with addition of niobium for desensitization during welding.

keyheld likes this.
  9. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    I have been wearing a chinese 316 stainless steel cb3000 Knock off called the Fort for about 10 years and a similar holy trainer copy for 8 months it was even cheaper than some of the knock of plastic ones. No issues arising.

I am allergic to nickel. I have piercings including my PA. I can only wear surgical quality steel or 316L stainless steel and gold ( i stick to 18ct or better) nothing else works for me though admittedly I have not tried the very high grade of it but silver does not work for me either.

The 304 stainless steel is food grade. I trust that so much I have got rid of my stainless steel pots pans kettles oven tins etc. I have a titanium kettle, water bottles and cutlery. Because they all leech nickel. My cookware is all pyrex ,ceramic or enamel not the cheap ceramic lined crap.

Safest thing is only use 316L surgical grade stainless if you have a nickel allergy.

10. Carls.not.dead.yet

IT
    UK
    Local Time:
    Everything is still ok, regarding any reaction from the nickel content, no rusting either. I think i'm all safe.
    Cheers for taking the time to reply.

11. trym

trym New member

Denmark
    Local Time:
    2:12 AM
    I'm wearing stainless steel ring and tube, 24-7 with no issues apart from a slight pinch now and then
    my poor KH is the one haven nickle allergies spots between her breasts from wearing the key, so now i have to come up with a solution for her to be able to continue wearing the key to her property

12. Nicole Smith

Nicole Smith Florida Trans Girl. Verified on Fetlife.

Seller of Goodies on eBay & Facebook
    South Florida
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I've been using the ProtectaClear and it appears to be working.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0186N6ZVK

If you're getting mysterious redness from a metal device such as a cheapy chinese metal cage, you might have an allergy.

13. DidIReallyAsk4This

near Washington DC
    Local Time:
    Do you put this on the metal of the cage that touches your skin? Is it that smooth?

14. Nicole Smith

Nicole Smith Florida Trans Girl. Verified on Fetlife.

Seller of Goodies on eBay & Facebook
    South Florida
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Yes and yes. So far there haven't been any issues, but who knows what evil spirits lurk.

DidIReallyAsk4This likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice