I am so lost and confused

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Joshers2005, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Joshers2005

Joshers2005 Guest

Hello,

I have purchased 2 steel chastity devices of the same kind. I am not sure of my flaccid size as I don't have the best tools to professionally measure it. The first cage is 42mm long (65mm total size w/ring) while the other is 60mm long (83mm total size w/ring). I have posted 2 photos of each device.

IMG_0578.jpg
    IMG_0579.jpg

Now, I have talked to several members here personally in both chats and in conversations and what I can tell you is that there is 2 different opinions on knowing the right length. Some members tell me that the device should be about 10mm smaller than the penis as it should always have certain amount of pressure at the end so the tip should not hang 5-10mm behind the end bars. If there is always comfort while semi-erect/mid-flaccid, then the cage is too long. Other members tell me that the a device 5mm larger that the flaccid penis is the best. The penis is going to shrink inside the cage no matter what (by 5-10mm) and my body will eventually adjust to the size of the cage. As a result, I purchased both the smaller and larger device of my favorite design to see who is right. The result? Confusion and uncertainty.

No device is perfect and there will always be issues and pain, but I would like to know if the pain is too harmful that it effects my penis's health. So, without further ado, here is my concerns of both devices when locked in.

Device A - 60mm cage/83mm device.

It feels great and with the 45mm ring, it doesn't dip down. The bottom of the device fits perfectly to the shaft but my penis is defiantly smaller as you can see in the images below. This happened with a previous 90mm cage I purchased a while back ago.

IMG_0583.jpg

Do be aware that the penis is 100% completely flaccid, the smallest it gets. It usually gets larger when soft but only by 1/8".

IMG_0594.jpg

I feel that the ring is right where it should be, up to my body and not on my shaft as you will see below.

Device B - 42mm cage/65mm device.

IMG_0592.jpg
    You can see that is a nice tight fit and it feels good to me. Just enough pressure at the end to keep it tight. There is no horrible pain when fully erect, just a small amount of arousing pain and I believe that is how it should be. There is a certain pain that I am concerned of and you can see it below.

IMG_0593.jpg

Tell me if I am right, but I feel that the ring is not where is should be even when 100% flaccid (in the photo above). I kept it on for a while and a pulsing pain on my shaft above my testicles (as if my penis turned purple) started to increase until I took it off and wore the 60mm cage. I could a see dark mark on my penis that the 45mm ring or the device itself made due to too much pressure built upon my penis skin. If it has to do with the ring, I am wearing the best ring for me (45mm) and a 50mm ring would make the device dip down even deeper, which will make things worse. I feel that the reason on why this 65mm device cannot stay fit to my body like the 83mm device did has something to do with the length of my penis.I can stretch the ring to fit my body when flaccid but the ring does not move back up the shaft; it stays where it is. Will my body adjust to this pressure? I tried it again and the pain just keeps getting worse; it feels like a fork is being pushed on my shaft and it is gets worse as time goes by. I cannot try a 40mm ring as it is too tight for me to even get on (the 45mm is still hard for me to get on).

If there was the ability to get the ring in the proper position, I would say that the 42mm cage would be the best fit for me. Sadly, the 83mm device seems to be too long while the 65mm device seems to be too short. I like that amount of pressure the 65mm device provides on my penis as it is not too tight but not too lose. I feel the 85mm device is exactly like my previous 90mm cage. If it is the choice for me, I would like to know my penis would adjust to it? I don';t believe that is can grow 10mm longer, but I could be wrong as the body does adjust to these devices. Finally, I wish there was a 50mm cage/73mm device with the type of design. If there is, send me a link I will buy it right away!

Have a great day.

2. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    3:33 AM
    in my experience (5 or 6 devices) pain is caused by incorrect diameters and ring gap.

Length does not contribute to pain, except that if the device is too long, then there is less physical resistance to trying to become erect.
    A shorter length tube can be much more comfortable because there is less room for swelling and so less pressure against the device when trying to become erect. Penis length and tube length are almost irrelevant as you can demonstrate by pressing your penis back into your body cavity.
    What causes pain is the ring and/or tube being too small a diameter.
    And of course, too large a diameter reduces security of fit. [no one said this was easy!]

The other thing that might be a problem is that is seems to me that your ring gap is quite big, which means your ring size / tube size is then smaller to compensate. If the ring gap was smaller, then the base ring and/or tube diameter wouldn't need to be quite so tight, as it's the ring gap that does the 'holding', with a device like this ,it's your testicles that actually stop the cage from just sliding off.

Is it that your tube is too small a diameter? I'm thinking that this is the problem.
    If your tube was slightly wider and your ring gap smaller[?] then the critical 'hold' across your scrotum would actually be tighter, but there would be less pressure on the shaft above (forward of) your scrotum.
    It'll only be a case of a few millimetres diameter, but it will make quite a difference.

My opinion of order of importance of measurements: (most important first)
    - ring gap
    - tube diameter
    - base ring diameter
    - tube length
    Unfortunately, when starting it's often assumed that the exact opposite is the case (reflected in the measurements often advertised)

traveler and NsToy like this.
  3. Joshers2005

Joshers2005 Guest

Thank you for letting me know about the length, as I believe the 60mm is too long. I wore overnight and I had an long erection that was 20x painful as the pressure of the ring on my shaft! You could clearly see purple marks on my head where the bars touch the tip of the penis. So with the 42mm cage, this shouldn't happen?

I feel the diameter of 33mm is perfect for me. I would not go tighter or wider in my opinion. With the ring gap, I think there is supposed to be a certain amount underneath so you can rub lube underneath. I cannot go under 45mm when it comes to ring size. Actually, I am thinking of going back to a 50mm ring as it is leaving a physical rash underneath. If you are telling me that I should go to 40mm, I'm not sure how that will work because I have to force each testicle through the ring with the 45mm, causing mini cramps.

If the pain gets even worse, I will take a snapshot and we can see if it is bad enough where it will adjust or I will just have to quit chastity.

4. Joshers2005

Joshers2005 Guest

Changing to a 50mm ring feels better. I am still going to see what happens after a while. You can tell in the attached image.

Attached Files:

5. Joshers2005

Joshers2005 Guest

Okay.

So far, I love the 42mm cage! With the 50mm ring, there is not pressure on the penis but there is one big downfall. The 50mm ring is way too large, so it keeps sliding up and down while making the bottom of my scrotum chafe horribly. It is starting to hurt and cause a rash underneath there. I spent an hour with fully lubed skin and then another hour with dry skin. Both tend to feel the same way, very itchy. Now I am going to try the 45mm cage and bare the pain. If it starts get worse than this chaffing, I will let you all know and I will have to stick the the rope idea that macmagna showed me.

6. Joshers2005

Joshers2005 Guest

Update #2: I have had the 45mm ring on for a while. The pressure on the penis does not hurt at all but the ring still slides and puts a small amount of pressure on the back of my scrotum like the 50mm did. It causes a itchy rash and skin cream will not fix it. See picture below:

IMG_0598.jpg

You can actually see the rash if you look right in the center. I am going to deal with it for now. I will have skin cream on my bedside table when the rash gets bad.

The good news? I am no longer confused and lost!

You see, the 42mm cage (65mm whole) is too small and the 60mm cage (83mm whole) is too big. What do I do? Get a 50mm cage (NOT 73mm whole) with a smaller gap of course!!!

Wish me luck on my next journey. I'll post the product when I find it. I can't believe I have gone through more than 4 devices and now I am looking for another one. :eek:

7. popperslut

popperslut Lock me up, tie me up, use me, please...

Semi-retired
    USA, NV.
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    7:33 PM
    two things here: 1.) When I started getting into chastity about three years ago i was using a 52mm back ring. Now i am down to a 46mm back ring. 2.) I use A&D diaper rash ointment & skin protectant to deal with rashes and just a tiny bit were the back rings is works great as an all day lube. Give it a try.

8. Joshers2005

Joshers2005 Guest

Okay, I will. I notice that when I am erect, the penis bends backward at the rings stays at the same place instead of the device moving forward to adjust the like the 83mm device did. When I get the 50mm cage, I am hoping to find the entire length to be around 75mm whole, makes it 10mm longer that the 42mm cage. I cannot afford to get a custom fit.

9. Joshers2005

Joshers2005 Guest

10. Mistress B

Mistress B Mistress B

Business Owner
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    3:33 AM
    @Joshers2005 I'm sure we are all very sorry that you're experiencing problems with your device but do you think you could pop your pictures into your gallery and then put a link to it in the forum. Seeing your penis at such a close range is rather startling.

Moe5, Beck and Mash2214 like this.
  11. Joshers2005

Joshers2005 Guest

Okay. Will do.

Mistress B likes this.
  12. Joshers2005

Joshers2005 Guest

Is it medically harmful for my penis have forced pressure/weight in the middle of the shaft while erect or mid-flaccid? I can clearly see both the root and head (inside the cage) of the penis getting erect while the ring in the middle middle is pressing it down, causing it to arch. It looks like it might harm the organ tissue as I do feel increased pain and a red rash while it is being forced because the ring cannot fit to the body (1st image). This is only happening until I get a new chastity device that is either in the middle of 65mm and 85mm (75mm long as a whole) or that 160mm device I posted above. Let me know asap.

13. Joshers2005

Joshers2005 Guest

Hello, I just want to let you all know that my penis slipped out of the 65mm device while I was sleeping. If the ring was totally fit to the end of my body like it is when wearing the 85mm device (instead of sitting in the middle of my penis), this would've never happened and I would have no need to apply skin cream every three hours.

It clearly shows us that the 65 mm device is way too small and the 85 mm device is way too large.

Is it possible that the penis gets even more flaccid during a certain time of the night?

14. Beck

Beck Banned

Local Time:
    9:33 PM
    Try 75 mm? I am no expert, but when you are getting accustomed to a device, while determining if it fits, or particularly if it fits, there will be pain.

15. Beck

Beck Banned

Local Time:
    maybe also consider a piercing secured device;) ...if you don't want to slip out?:p

16. Joshers2005

Joshers2005 Guest

I want you let you all know that I have made adjustments, then made even more adjustments, and then spent an entire night with no adjustments. I am getting accustomed but there is something else very important that play a role:

After reading this once again, bondinchas has a perfect point and is spot on here!

Because of the big ring gap or heavy weight, no matter how long I wear it, it pushes into the bottom of my scrotum with too much pressure bring pain that I cannot bare (I have a high pain tolerance) even with the best skin care cream. Yes, beck. It correct that pain is normal, but when it comes to excruciating pain where I have to run to the key, trying to calm down as I take it off, seeing a red mark that is still somewhat visible even after 3 hours, noticing that skin cream or rash ointment is doing nothing at all, noticing that it still hurts a bit even now with the ring off for a while, and making the best choice to let my penis hang free for another full day as a result...it is now a serious issue that must be dealt with the best way possible. Also, I let the pain increase to see if my body would get used to it. I am not sure if I can handle doing this another time if the issue is going to occur again. If the device didn't force the ring to slam into back of my scrotum 24/7 each time I'd walk or put too much pressure, I'd be fine realizing that pain is normal. I can't even stick my finger through the ring unless I drag the device to my closer to body, which will never stay that high up as it falls right back on my scrotum (whether there is open space at the tip or not as length has no issue).

It is a bit disappointing. Two good members here at Chastity Mansion have helped me all this time with correct measurements and I still didn't wait patiently to hear everything. If I knew ring gap mattered, I would have thought twice on this subject. From what I see online, there is no metal cage with the end-design I prefer that has the right sized ring gap with a good fit that keeps the device from sliding back and forth, rubbing against my scrotum (I tried 50mm and 45mm ring, cannot fit into a 40mm). I cannot tell the ring gap just from browsing over hundreds of $50-$25 Chinese devices. I do not want to take the chances of buying a 5th device to find it is a bad fit. I could buy another one and realize it's still 10mm too long or that the device will have an incorrect ring gap....I don't want to take the change of getting a 5th device that is not a good size. The only solution for me is to either spend the big buck and go custom where I can choose the right ring gap and see and choose the device's size as a whole (not just the cage), find a local place where I can see them in person and try them on in a fitting room, or find a one size fits's all device (the one you find on a $600 chastity belt) that I am trying to buy. I cannot afford the money to get a device over $150 as I am not doing more than 10 hours a day. I may be overthinking again, but I feel that I am not overtaking and making a good choice at the same time. So, should I quit chastity? Unless there is a method to keep the ring from pushing into my balls like a fork pushing on my scrotum and stopping the ring from pressing too hard halfway down my shaft (also leaving a painful mark and making my penis bend in a harmful way) when I am semi-erect, then I will give it one final try before I call it a fetish that didn't work out for me.

Have a great day.

By the way, I am not getting pierced and never will. :p

17. Joshers2005

Joshers2005 Guest

The only reason why I am taking it seriously and why I have doubts about being in the process off my body getting accustomed with the device is because the pain is so extreme that it feels as if my penis is being cut and it doesn't ease down in any way. The pain gets even worse. If my body is still adjusting to the device, then there is something else not right and I want to know what it is.

18. Vinny

Vinny Locked up again. Starting year 6.

Local Time:
    10:33 PM
    Normally you measure first and buy second. Just buying cages due to price without knowing your measurements can end up costing you more in the long run than just buying a CB6000 or other popular device. I have been there and done that. Measuring is easy. Use any ruler and measure from the top of your penis where it meets your body to the tip of your flaccid penis. Makes sure it is really flaccid and not excited by what you are doing. In fact, measure it on 3 separate occasions and use the average.

As far as ring size goes, it is the most important measurement if you want to not stop wearing your device because it is too big or too painful. Get a piece of string and put it around your testicles where the ring goes. Then make it tight until you can only get your fingertip between your testicles and the string. Mark the string, lay it out flat and measure it and you have your ring size. However, when you buy one of those devices that only comes with one ring, what fits you at the beginning may not fit you after a few weeks or months. I know a lot of guys who ended up going to a smaller ring because their body got used to wearing a ring and cage and adjusted to it. I started with a larger ring because it was more comfortable but discovered that tighter is better. When it is loose it moves up and down your scrotum all day and chaffs your skin. It also allows a testicle to slip out when your junk is very relaxed.

There are several websites that will explain how to measure and buying a pair or shoes because of how they look or cost, without knowing your foot size and width, is never a good idea. :) Good luck.

19. Joshers2005

Joshers2005 Guest

I already know about this. I measured before I purchased the device twice and I still got the wrong size...The first few devices too long and the last one was almost a good fit but too short by 10mm (good pressure but the ring gap was too big and the diameter was too tight).

I did make my final decision. I am only continuing chastity if I get a device over 5" that is either 100% open ended or fully long enough to support a fully erect penis with no need to readjust the urethra each night and no tight pushing. I am going to try to device I posted above and see what happens. I think 150-160mm would do well for me. I am only wearing this when home alone and at night when sleeping, not 24/7.

I hope this works.

20. Joshers2005

Joshers2005 Guest

Update:

Using the proper tools and skills, I am now welding both cages together along with another metal pipe with the same diamter. It will be a custom open ended Houdini cage and I think it will be the best fit for me. When I am done with it, I will upload pictures to the gallery. I believe there is a DIY device album somewhere??

21. Beck

Beck Banned

Local Time:
    We all can only offer in terms of what we have experienced personally, otherwise it is assumption. So. to each their own Joshers. Congratulations, you're just like almost all of us! and welcome to the wonderful world of chastity. In my experience, it is easy to get very discouraged by the pain at times. After a little while though, you'll definitely know what kind of pain is potentially dangerous and what kind is tolerable. Some of the best advice I've ever received was 'to take the good with the bad'(-disclaimer: this member is now banned) every experience has its light and darkness. Its important to keep that in perspective as expectations can and inevitably will lead to let down. Pace yourself, keep your goals in mind, but most importantly remember to acknowledge the fun times, as they are surrounded by a margin of misery.

22. Joshers2005

Joshers2005 Guest

Thank you for the feedback and I am glad I am making the right decisions. The pain was definitely dangerous for sure. I noticed that when it is open ended, there is much less pain and the ring has less pressure on the scrotum. Maybe it had to do with the penis pushing the device forward when erect.

23. Joshers2005

Joshers2005 Guest

I have no idea on how to put a link to the image from the gallery and this picture has nothing to do with my penis.

I just wanted to show you my progress and my goal on my custom device. Tell me what you think.

IMG_0651 Measurments.jpg

Isn't it good so far, I still have to get the right type of epoxy weld and get another 60mm cage if the device I am trying to buy from AliExpress doesn't not except my gift card.

24. Joshers2005

Joshers2005 Guest

The idea of this is now trashed and I am just getting the device displayed at post #9. I noted that the head of my penis was getting steel dust on the skin (could be infected) and I realized that the diameter is too small after putting it on and taking it off. When I was erect, I could feel the metal tube squeezing my penis inside. I am not sure why I didn't feel that before when my penis was locked in. Well, the new diameter will be 37mm instead of 32mm. This could make a big difference.

Thank you very much for all the advice and opinions. I don't really want to measure anymore, I am just getting a simple one-size fits all.

25. NauticalBear

NauticalBear Member

Systems Engineer (Network)
    United States, Florida, Ft. Lauderdale
    Local Time:
    10:33 PM
    I wonder if some of your rash/comfort issues might not be because of the roughness of the inside of the tube & (maybe) the a-ring. My steel tube fit me "okay" but I noticed that the inside metal was rougher than the polished outside.

I attached a polishing rig to a cordless drill & buffed the hell out of the inside of the tube.

The difference was quite noticeable, I had been feeling "rash-y" on my glans & several parts of the shaft before polishing & that went away after. Also, I use a cut off pantyhose footie & baby gold bond powder to insert my member; it really seems to make a difference.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice