My evotion wearables experience

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by saxrussell, Mar 7, 2016.

1. saxrussell

saxrussell Junior Member

Local Time:
    4:43 PM
    I posted this on fetlife a couple weeks ago, thought I would share it here. Some additional updates on the bottom.

Some background. I have been interested in chastity for over 15 years. Long story short I have tried quite a few things and nothing has worked, so I finally got a PA piercing. I had been trying to decide on what device to get when Evotion launched. As soon as I saw them I was intrigued. I thought this could be a cheaper alternative to Lori which would be lighter and also may fit better due to the custom 3D printed design. I started communication with them right away and after exchanging quite a few emails I had ordered my first device about 9 months ago.

Unfortunately the first device didn't fit well at all. That is when I found out that there is substantial cost in printing a new device if you make a mistake. I was hesitant to throw more money at this, but Andy was confident that he could make a device that would work for me. However he wasn't very helpful in telling me how to get better measurements. Basically he said "measure it with a ruler" (you can see on their website the measuring instructions are very poor, which I find odd considering how crucial it is). I knew this would in no way shape or form give me the accuracy I needed for a proper device. I spent quite a bit of time measuring and remeasuring. Different times of the day, sometimes with a string and sometimes with calipers. With the new measurements and my experience of how the current device fit, I think I had some measurements which would work. So I ordered a reprint with new measurements.

Well, the new device came in and I was able to wear it for a couple of days. It's still not a perfect fit, as the glans doesn't always stay in place. I have to readjust it every time I go to the bathroom. However, that is manageable and I think it will work. This illustrates how difficult it is to get a proper fit.

However, there is a bigger problem keeping me from wearing it long term. As much as he claims to make a smooth texture for the PA pin, it doesn't even come close to a metal pin. This has caused irritation around my piercing. I also started getting swelling in the urethra after a day and after 4 days I couldn't urinate so I had to take the device off. Upon telling him about the swelling, this is where my confidence is gone. He basically told me this was a toy for play and if I am getting swelling I should take it off. No suggestions on how to fix the issue, or ways to make the device work for me. He has just given up on making a device that works for me, after I have given him a substantial amount of money. This is the main reason I regret not going with Lori as I know she is totally committed to making devices for 24/7 wear and she won't stop until you are locked in.

There are some design flaws:

• The PA pin texture which I already mentioned
    • While it is very clever, some design decisions like the hinge and straps make for a bulky device. I think this is also partly because the plastic isn't strong so it has to be thicker than metal.
    • The hinge has a lot of areas where urine will collect and you can't easily wash it out. After wearing the device for only 24 hours I can notice a urine smell on the device after taking it off. I don't know how this will progress long term.
    • It's not as secure as a metal device. It is specifically designed so you can cut the straps and get the device off and just replace the straps. Also, he now has an interesting option for semi-permanent clips which are lower profile, but they are also based on the notion you just need some wire cutters to cut yourself out when it is time for release. So if you are accountable to a keyholder or are just trying to challenge yourself, it can still work. However, it's not the same level of intensity as a metal device which is really locked on.

In the end, I would rather give my money to a manufacturer who is more committed to the craft and has devices with a longer track record. Evotion is doing some innovative stuff but his designs are still very new and need a lot of improvement. More classic designs may be harder to put on but they will be easier to clean, and metal devices won't absorb odor like this plastic.

I am determined to try to get this to work so I actually cut off the plastic PA pin and screwed on a curved SS barbell. The hinge hides the screw once the device is locked on so I can't remove the barbell. This is looking more promising as far as the swelling and other issues go, but it's only been a day or so. I'll post an update in a few days. I wish after spending so much money I didn't have to resort to such measures, but at this point I need to figure it out myself or I will end up buying something from Lori anyway.

Afterword

So that it the review I posted two weeks ago and since then I have tried to wear it a few more times with the metal pin. I am wearing the device again and this time I am using Listerene to clean and also spending a good 10 minutes cleaning it with soap in the shower. It helps a little but odor remains an issue. When I take it off, the device smells pretty bad which really bothers me.

The metal pin seems to help with the swelling of the urethra, but I think the device is STILL a little too big even after triple checking the measurements. Last time I wore it I gave up because the glans was slipping off even when I was just walking around. It seems that after 24 hours or so in the device, things get smaller and it gets even easier for the head to slip out of position.

I tried again and for the past 24 hours it is better than last time. It's OK during the day, like today I didn't have to adjust it all since this morning. HOWEVER, this morning and even now as I write this, on my back with my knees elevated in bed, it seems like there is additional shrinkage. The cage wouldn't even stay in place for a brief period this morning. So maybe lay on your back for a while and compare that measurement to when you are sitting up or standing. I'm not paying Evotion any more money for a reprint at this point. I am going to move on and try Lori if the evotion doesn't work out.

The device isn't comfortable overnight either. Nighttime erections tend to want to push the device off which puts a lot of pressure on the piercing. Also there are some sharp corners which get painful overnight. These pressure points have caused my brain to avoid having erections during the day while wearing (a pretty hot side effect), but at night it's a real problem.

Basically, there are some glaring design flaws and the owner isn't committed. he is here to make money, not put people into chastity. I wish I had gone with a Lori device instead.

lock667 likes this.
  2. saxrussell

saxrussell Junior Member

Local Time:
    Well, I tried another 48 hour session and I can't say it went well. Constantly having to readjust the device is annoying and there was actually some traces of blood on my PA pin! The odor is horrendous even after diligent cleaning. I am really surprised no other owners have mentioned it.

3. lock667

lock667 Long term member

Local Time:
    5:43 PM
    Sounds like a pretty horrible experience, and a shame too, these looked promising

4. guest 2942

guest 2942 Long term member

Local Time:
    what gauge is your PA? I know for me wearing any device with my pa wasnt comfortable until 4 gauge. I'm at a 2 now and its even better. I'm not saying that would make or break it with the evotion but it helps with any device.

5. lock667

lock667 Long term member

Local Time:
    The odor is more my concern. I'm at a 4. I was up to 0 though.

6. saxrussell

saxrussell Junior Member

Local Time:
  7. guest 2942

guest 2942 Long term member

Local Time:
    well yeah that is plenty big lol

8. jggflr

jggflr Some days I feel like a defiant child...

Consultant
    Southeast US - West Coast
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    It all depends on the material and method used to "print" the device. In this case a sintered laser printer is used to "build the device using finely powdered Nylon; probably Nylon 12 (PA 2200) like the folks at Shapeways. The blessing and curse is that the application of the substrate as a powder will produce strong, tough, devices but with with rough, semi-porous (mat) surfaces. Consequently, the rough, semi-porous texture of your device provides the perfect surface for bacteria to collect and incubate; thus the unpleasant odor. The only solution is to disinfect frequently, wear a prophylactic (just kidding), or find a way to "polish" the internal contacting surfaces (if that is even an option.)

I just ordered a Ghost 300 from "Custom Chastity" who also 3D prints his devices. His PA version is a "clam-shell" like enclosure that allows you to wear a SS ring but uses a secondary capture ring to secure your ring into the device. I'm going to evaluate the non-PA Ghost before biting the bullet to try a PA version. Your milage may vary.

I think your idea of using a curved SS barbell to replace the printed pin makes a lot of sense. Did you apply any Loctite Threadlock 242 (blue) to the barbell threads before securing the nut? If nothing else, it will help to prevent the assembly from loosening with use over time.

Ellimist88 likes this.
  9. saxrussell

saxrussell Junior Member

Local Time:
    I didn't use any loctite on the barbell. It didn't really loosen up for however long I wore it.

The thing that really bothers me is a lot of people have asked Andy about issues with the printing process. He has claimed odor isn't an issue because he seals the device with some kind of sealant (I believe paraffin) and that he "polishes" the pin with fine sandpaper. This is true, but it doesn't alleviate the problems. If I had known this I would never have ordered the device from him in the first place.

lock667 likes this.
  10. vanelocked

vanelocked Member

Local Time:
    4:43 AM
    Hi
    I am looking for a feedback regarding evolution wearable cage #7, without ring, secured by a frenum piercing.
    Thanks.

11. Thatguyontheinternet

Thatguyontheinternet Owned by Thatgirl

Florida
    Local Time:
    What you see above is very simple - like everyone else, he got his measurements wrong the first time around. Unlike everyone else, instead of ponying up and paying to have it redone, he instead complained as if the thing being so big it slides off him and ends up straining his PA is somehow the manufacturers fault. And no doubt approached the manufacturer in such a fashion resulting in an appropriately dismissive response.

I’ll break this down for you:

- measured wrong, so wrong in fact that the device slips over his glans when walking.

- blames manufacturer for said error in measurements and instead of contacting manufacturer to talk about reordering at correct size, instead complained.

- because like everyone else he thinks his penis is twice the the size it really is, he ordered a cage so large that it was entirely supported by the PA, then is upset his PA is irritated

- can’t keep himself clean. Don’t know what to say. I’ve been in it the better part of a month, odor isn’t an issue but you need to spend a few minutes attending to your hygiene.

- the PA pin which can now be ordered in metal, is normally done in 3D Printed nylon. I couldn’t wear it at first either, because my piercing was too fresh. That’s all there was to it. After it matured it was never an issue again.

Bottom line, WHEN you measure wrong initially you can have half the cage redone and at your door in a few weeks for half the cost of a new Mature Metal base ring alone, and you don’t have to send it back and pay an extra fee for “matching the ring to the cage”, or a fraction of the cost of doing so with Lori and waiting another year. That’s it.

You’ve now asked the same question 3 different times in 3 different places in addition to messaging me privately to ask the exact same question. Nobody can do this for you. There’s no shortcut.

Measure - order - try it - see where you measured wrong - PAY to have a new piece made to your new measurements - Repeat until you get it right.

Best of luck.

JackStrap likes this.
  12. Thatgirl

Thatgirl Owner and Wife of Thatguyontheinternet.
    Verified Female

Local Time:
    Sorry for @Thatguyontheinternet snippy response, we are in the direct path of a major hurricane here in Tampa Bay, so he's a little on edge. Don't worry, I've already taken care of him for you!

JackStrap and lock667 like this.
  13. art4bux

art4bux Active member

carpenter, machinist, welder
    new york city
    Local Time:
    thinking about you and all the other people in the South right now, be safe.

14. Thatgirl

Thatgirl Owner and Wife of Thatguyontheinternet.
    Verified Female

Local Time:
    Thank you. It’s definitely a stressful time right now. Kinda feel like sitting ducks at the moment.

15. jggflr

jggflr Some days I feel like a defiant child...

Consultant
    Southeast US - West Coast
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Hope you guys weathered the storm without incident? I understand the surge was not a dramatic as expected.

And no worries on your boy's remarks. The OP is 18 months old. Chastity gear is both a learning and experimental process that can be costly. What works for some does not work universally for others. The gotcha by the balls gear only seems to work if your testies are firm enough to be held in place between a base ring and cage. On the other hand, if your testies are not firm, then keeping a cage on will be a challenge, PA or not; no matter how precisely sized it may be.

The real problem is cages rely almost exclusively on the scrotum to anchor the rest of the assembly. Scrotums are too plastic to be effective (for a lot of us). Using a plug anchor is fun for half a day but not practical for long term wear. Thinking out loud, I think a hybrid design that marries a modified "humbler" with a cage would be interesting. The humbler would anchor the rest of the assembly behind the legs, adding some interesting sensations, while the cage will do what it is designed to do; deny pleasure.

Maybe in the intervening 18 months someone's invented something that works more universally.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice