Policies on the "Pro Domme" issue on CM

Discussion in 'Site announcements and information' started by BlueEyes, Jul 8, 2014.

1. BlueEyes

BlueEyes The lifestyle pumps in my veins...
    Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    7:58 AM
    To Administrators, moderators and everybody else....

I have been away on holidays - and had some time to think, and to reflect on all the fuzz regarding Pro Domme, fakes identities, and such when I was away…

Hopefully I am a bit wiser now, and would like to give it a go, from a much more constructive viewpoint, that should not be pissing anybody off.. @Mistress Jules has made a excellent thread about this issue while I was away, but she has also made it very clear that is was a personal thread. Therefore I have made a new one, wanting to have a more general debate on the issues...

So............. I like things to be named properly.

Also on the policies regarding the presence of Pro Dommes on CM.

I know some would say , that we are all grown up - and no regulation is needed. I have to disagree. The “laissez faire strategy” has always been a good thing for the strong ones, and hardly ever for the weak ones…

The online sub issue is the real tricky one. When The true identity of the keyholder is never to be revealed to the the sub , millions of ways to exploit opens up. They are my main concern. And I think we all need to help one another. If we present ourselves to new sub members in here - as we do - being open and friendly, helpful and all, we should also offer guidance in how to avoid being a victim of a male scammer etc….

But if adverting for online subs/slaves is a part of CM-policies, then fine with me. I can always leave if I find it to be too much….

When there seems to be a demand their will be a supply as well.

The questions is: Does this trade have a place on CM?

That its to be decided by the owners of the site - and no one else. Any wise owner listen to the sayings on this among site-members , but should of course make their own decision that will support their strategies for the forum. That is their privilege , that is their burden!

But I think it would only be fair and fruitful to all - to be more clear on this.

Pros and cons of a policy
    Many of the cat-fights in here - ( Yes, I have been in a couple myself) could be avoided if there was an out spoken policy on this. Some of us speaks up in the name of a cause that others think we should have no saying on. That is for sure battleground material…;-) and leads to an unhealthy creation of fractions on CM.

Of course - an outspoken policy could have drawbacks, making some members leave perhaps, in both cases. A go fro Pro Domes would scare some off, perhaps, but will attract others, and a NO to Pro Domes would have the opposite effects…

Still I think it would only be fair. I You - the owners of this forum - wants eternal peace in here, - and less wrong treatment of Domes and Subs , I would still suggest that a policy is articulated…. I must be quite obvious to everybody that without such policies, the rumble and the cat-fights will reemerge over and over again…

I have just walked through the the constructive thread on the the Pro Domme Question - http://www.chastitymansion.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-pro-domme-question.13083/ by @Mistress Jules , and I think it proves my point: that some sort of outspoken policy would come in handy. Then for instance Mistresses like Mistress Jules would not have to defend themselves, explain themselves to that extend in here…

One could ask a number of questions to the owners of CM:

Is it in your taking on this prudent to have a policy at all?

And if:

What is the policy regarding recruiting of online subs on CM?

What is the policy regarding payment for services. Is it OK not to mention in search for online subs/slaves that the service is as a paid service?

Is it something else if payment is more in the gift department?

How is a pro-Domme defined in CM? And when is it OK for a pro-Dome to advertise on CM?

When she has been a long time member? When she holds one sub for real, is it then OK to advertise for more - typical online subs?

And you can turn it all around:

When is it it OK for the “off-you-go” thread to be activated, -and start telling possible Pro Dommes to leave? Is it OK at all?

And if it is, why is it not something that Administrators decides on…?

Is it OK to push people off the site When they hide behind obviously fake identities? Hardly really, as most in here does just that…

We should all know that Avatars are no ID-card. They are what the maker wants them to be…. and besides copyright issues there is not much to say….

Is is OK only to try and keep the site clean from Pro Dommes business
    - from newcomers or should it also be addressed when it comes from already members?

And I could go on and on, with questions, - but I am only trying to make it obvious that some sort of policy would be a great tool to prevent wrongdoings and catfights in here….

No examples...
    I could have give a number of examples of the the zig-zag handling of this issues in here, - but I would rather not. I have no intention of starting another cat fight.

I wanted to lift this up from the streets to a discussion about the presence of policies or not….

Hope it will be read - as intended.

The brand new - Pro Dommes business - section!
    I have a suggestion - a compromise that could ease the fractions:
    If pro Dommes are in fact to some degree allowed to advertise for subs/slaves online or not - in here, I think it should be in a section of its own.
    Not the lost and found, - that I think should be kept for trading second hand devices and tools, but a new section , where it is obvious to everyone what is going on.. I know it could somehow still be exploited, but then the off-you-policy , would be a policy that will force people with business on their mind to unfold inside this , and only inside this section of CM. Why not call it “Pro Domme business” , or something more delicate….

An moderator could be assigned just to keep an eye on this….

Just a thought....:)

Sincerly
    BlueEyes

2. Governess Stephanie

Governess Stephanie Long term member

Self Employed
    Adelaide
    Local Time:
    3:28 PM
    I think it is fair to say that BlueEyes and I have clearly had our differences in recent times. However, I think one must be fair where fairness is called for. I happen to like what BlueEyes has written and the way it has been written.
    It clearly opens the door to open discussion, suggestions and perhaps a clearer future in some matters.
    Whilst I am not going to voice my thoughts in detail, I must say that I think BlueEyes has raised some very important and valid points for serious consideration. His wording and description of what he meant certainly wasnt inflamatory but certainly was thought provoking.
    I have to say well done BlueEyes on your post !

BlueEyes and OwnedByAmy like this.
  3. BlueEyes

Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    Have to correct myself - a little;-) I should have read on the lost and found section more carefully:

"Welcome to our Classifieds section. Are you seeking a Mistress? Do you need a sissy around the house? This is the place to find them. You cannot use this area until you have made 10 posts, purely so people have a chance to get to know you. Our advice - do NOT post here unless you have a display picture and have fully filled out your profile!"

The lost and found section is indeed for "human-trade". And some regulations/policies has been issued. Good.
    But quite obviously it is not clear on the "Pro Domme" issue. And quite often "the human trade" pops up in many other sections and threads as well.... Enforcement of policies is very much on the agenda still, a long with policies for dealing with the "Pro Domme issue" in particular. It still seems to me that there is room for a dedicated "pro Domme section - if Pro Dommes are to have a life here in CM.... at all...

Lady De likes this.
  4. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    6:58 AM
    To be fair these posts seem to be getting a little complicated and long winded and in truth it almost seems like the site is turning into a legal departments webpage? the site has existed for many years with very few major problems that were not dealt with by the owner or administrators reasonably effectively as soon as they appeared and as such there were no long debates and articles asking for clarification of this and that. It would be a shame if this site drifted off into some kind of over regulated website that had constant changes and amendments into what was and what was not allowed depending upon a particular members keenness to raise yet another issue. Play along with what is here Blue Eyes as it is, the site works well and for the most part we are all adults who know can self appraise whether someone or something is right or wrong without feeling the need to bring it up and hold an inquest into the specifics of it. If folk think there is a real need for changes PM the administrator and ask them for their opinion.

Mistress Jules and lockit like this.
  5. I LOVE my Choice!

I LOVE my Choice! Long term member

Western Australia
    Local Time:
    1:58 PM
    Hi there!

No offense to the Administrators, but the terms of use are fairly thin on the ground....

I, personally, would've though there would be a 'no soliciting' thing in place here...

Having said that, it would be a HUGE job to police, as I would imagine every post would have to be scrutinised.... Which ties in with your 'we are all adults here' comment @BlueEyes !!!

The Interweb will always be promoted as a place for free speech... Maybe I should add free 'anonymous' speech.....

So some people will say whatever they want with little consideration for anyone else because there are essentially no repercussions or blame to be taken by posters. Is that trolling??!!!

Maybe it is down to common sense...

And the 'selective ignore' of abovementioned troll-ish comments.

At the end of the day, do we want to be regulating ourselves or to be regulated by someone....?

That, in itself, opens up new cans of worms, such as: who does it; how do they do it; what set of principles do they follow; how much 'power' do they have.... Amongst other things!

I like your ideas @BlueEyes......

But will others 'tow the line'....?

Will be interesting to read this thread as it develops!

With the absolute kindest regards.

J.

Lady De likes this.
  6. BlueEyes

Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    Thanks for commenting to both of you, I appreciate the good tone ...
    I think it is important to reemphasize my point on the reasons for reemerging rumbles and cat fights on the issues. It could to a large extend be connected with a very unclear policy on the "Pro Domme" issue. An maybe That is just the way is will remain. And if so , well - let the smart ones rule the world. What can I say;-) It might works out just fine after all, -or it might not....

Well, at least I am offering part of an explanation to why we end up in this fractions: we are not in sync on the policies, - partly because there are very few....

That is no excuse for having cat fights running wild, - but it offers some comfort after all , to those of us, who thinks we serving a good cause, when we try to assist in keeping this site free from scammers and exploitation.
    And it also makes us all - with our different approaches somewhat more human after all.
    It is so easy to end up in "battles" when the playground and the rules are so undefined...
    That is hard facts....

I am not to decide..... but my objective has never been to push CM towards an over regulated website. My objectives is a concern for scamming and exploitation, but also to suggest the creation of a legal space for Pro Dommes!
    If some simple policies could be issued to keep that "business" in a suitable well-labelled place - and avoid reemerging cat fights and fractions - I would be happy...

Yes, this site has been airborne for more than 6 years now.... I think it is fair to say, that now and then you should look into trimming and optimizing. I am sure that it has been done several times in the past. The world outside is not at rest....

Sincerly
    BlueEyes

Lady De likes this.
  7. BlueEyes

Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    I thought that "The Study" was a proper forum for threads like this. Sorry if I got that wrong...
    First an foremost I wanted to initiate a debate, not to write 15 pages of legal stuff. ;-)

Cheers
    BlueEyes

Lady De likes this.
  8. yourpuppymiss

yourpuppymiss Member

UK
    Local Time:
    I'm in the "no soliciting" camp myself because it just becomes too much of a grey area otherwise. If pro-Dommes wish to self promote, I dont see why they can't go through the usual channels of a website, adultwork.co.uk (as an example) or even more diverse places like fetlife.

The whole failed experiment of collarme/collarspace shows what happens if a site becomes an open book for "Dommes" (I use the quotation marks deliberately) to tout for business. I'd hate to see this place even get close to that mess.

I wouldnt mind betting that the number of male sub visitors on this site actively seeking a pro-Domme is extremely low, and I'm not sure the idea of handing ones keys over to a stranger is something that the site admin should (indirectly) be condoning.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-Pro-Domme - they clearly fill an market need, and lets not forget Mistress Watchful is one herself, but she doesnt/didnt use this place to promote herself in that regard. So for me, if a woman who happens to be a Pro-Domme wants to post here, of course that should be "allowed" (encouraged even), but I would rather have the knowledge that if I was speaking to someone it was more because they were interested in what I had to say, rather than how much "tribute" I would be prepared to offer.

the odd tease, seasoned and BlueEyes like this.
  9. Mistress Jules

Mistress Jules Professional Dominatrix and Owner of Lockit
    Staff Member Administrator Verified Female

Company Director and Professional Dominatrix
    Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    The post you mention was written with no need to explain myself other than to show newcomers that the recent furore they had seen was in no way the normal and time honoured way that new females were treated on CM.

My feelings on this subject are the same for anyone who frequents any forum. If you are not happy with it, then stop using it. If you feel that strongly then you should contact admin and let him know your feelings, maybe there are others who feel as strongly as you, maybe not. Constructive criticism is useful, a full blown demolition of how the site is run is not useful nor appreciated.

10. BlueEyes

Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    @Mistress Jules - I AM happy with it. Happy with CM. CM has helped me on the do's and don'ts in my introduction of the lifestyle to my wife, and her embrace, has been blessed by that. And the fact that CM is not in general a soliciting site for pro Dommes, was an important stepping stone for my wife's decision to join.
    I'm sure that many subs in here would like to see their wives follow a similar path, not being scared of by to strong a representation of the female member reduced to just the professional dominatrix stereotype.
    (And may I add before I am misunderstood, that you are in no way in my mind a stereotype dominatrix!! )

A full blown demolition? - I don't see the need for characterizing my thoughts on policies like that. I offer my views on where this site can tighten up, and avoid too much reemerging rumble and creation of unhealthy fractions. That is not demolition in my book. It could be a cultural difference - that my constructive proposals are being received as one-dimensional damaging criticisms, but I doubt it. Not to help anybody to spark life into unhealthy fractioning, but I happen to know many members in here that manage to read my views as intended...

And I did in fact address this thread to administrators and moderations, before the likes of you and others. Please read from the top. and don't tell me that it is unhealthy for the community that this debate is taken out in the open. Or do we have cultural differences here as well?
    A strong forum is known by its abilities to master just that.... And I believe this forum to be strong! CM is the best community on the whole internet for a wide range of people engaged in the chastity lifestyle. It is the "Google equivalent" - not poised with a lot of professional adds and exploitation.

Let us all support the efforts to keep it like that.

With kind regards - and good night to You. I will go and cuddle up next to my lovely wife..
    BlueEyes

Lady De likes this.
  11. Wendygirl

Wendygirl To offer advice and keep CM safe and welcoming

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    What is a stake is keeping CM in good shape which is what @BlueEyes was doing in the first place .
    Why people have taken against that is beyond me .

Xx Wendy

Lady De likes this.
  12. the odd tease

the odd tease Long term member

North America
    Local Time:
    1:58 AM
    "No soliciting" seems to sum it up for me as well. It seems we all crave a friendly place to enjoy our kinks and not be pestered or trolled, or have our in boxes littered with un-solicited 'demands for our service'.

I've been hit with the unwanted mail a couple times. It's irritating.

I'd like a yellow/red card approach. If folks align with our community then let'm stay. If not, and they thumb their nose, then off.

But, most folk seem to be just fine. Let's try to work it from within, encourage the admins et al... and be a pleasant community!

yourpuppymiss, Wendygirl and BlueEyes like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice