Covid-19 and Life

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Hubby&Missy, Jan 30, 2021.

1. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    5:32 PM
    The heat trapping effect of CO2 has been well known and understood for almost 200 years. 199 years ago, Fourier discovered it. Tyndall fully explained it (reproducible experiments and all) over 150 years ago.

The only reason that people don't "believe" in climate change is because companies that profit from destroying the climate spend money on spreading misinformation. Apparently that misinformation works.

2. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    As someone who lost loved ones to COVID, I find this painful to read.

COVID was dramatically more lethal than the flu, and seems to have been far more easily spread.

But COVID was dramatically less lethal than many of the scary diseases that are out there. Ebola, for example. And dramatically less capable of spreading than measles, for example. So we got lucky, this time.

3. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    10:32 PM
    I have lost 3 elderly family members in recent years, one was before covid, and 2 were after.

If they had died during the height of covid hysteria their deaths would have been counted as covid, without question.

The number of flu deaths are not exaggerated, the number of covid deaths are.

4. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    What does this paragraph of words even mean? What is the point of it?

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  5. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    2:32 PM
    I am sure True’s loved one was terribly unlucky to die of a flu-like disease in the covid era where there was almost zero flu deaths.

subrick and Fit To Be Tied like this.
  6. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    In my case a statistically unlikely number of loved ones died of sudden cancer flair ups and cytokine storms. The only thing observed in common with all of these “sudden and unexpected deaths”? They all were vaxx fetishists.

True, you act as if our lives were not impacted. We just don’t believe the narrative. And apparently day by day we skeptics are being proven more and more correct.

The question i have is: what will YOUR behavior be in the future? Will you take the future shots? Will you take mrna flu shots? You appear to believe the government story of “safe and effective”.

How willing are you to bet your life on the covid narrative?

Tell us how convicted you are. How will you behave with your medical choices in the coming year?

I am. And I have. No shots for me

7. Servus

Servus Long term member

Germany
    Local Time:
    11:32 PM
    I think one of the reasons they dont believe is, that the lobby work of so called "green companies", that earn lots of money by producing stuff that surely isnt green, is quite effective on politicians and their purses.

Electric cars. Not green
    Wind turnines. Not green
    Solar energy.: PV A little bit greener
    PT very green, but isnt used often enough in the cold parts of the world ( since soms PV companies told that it is better to use electric energy to heat up Water from 8 degrees to 100, instead of heating up from 50 or so)
    Pellet power plants. Not green

And so on.
    The effects are shifted to another place. They green wash it.

In my eyes the train already started and cant be stopped.

If I just think. About the aeroplanes I mentioned and the water vapor in the higher athmosphere.... Even H2 machines wont changebit since fhey produce bring water vapor into the same part of the athmosphere again. This wont change if our worlds economic system isnt changed.
    The problem is Kapitalism and mostly the lazyness of the people.

It is ridiculous to think, that forbidding gas heating or ban combustion cars will solve the problem.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  8. Servus

Servus Long term member

Germany
    Local Time:
    As we all know ( except Lucy) , omikron, that has been spread as a counterweapon against the more evil wild type and mutations of the original bioweapon from Wuhan institute of virology isnt as virolent anymore.
    It now has a higher infectiosity than a usual flu, but is more than 200 times weaker than the Swine flu, which itself has been less dangerous than a usual flum

9. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    Please accept my sincere condolences. I too have lost elderly family members over these past few years (not from COVID, strangely enough), and even though each death was long expected, and each of them was strangely impatient to leave this life, it still hurts to lose people we love.

Epidemiology is not my specific area of expertise, but from the academic papers on the topic that I have read, I must respectfully disagree.

Analysis of excess deaths as early as 2021 was showing significant under-counting of COVID deaths: https://www.scientificamerican.com/...e-pandemics-hidden-toll-in-some-u-s-counties/

The numbers only grew starker; I really liked this particular analysis: https://brownstone.org/articles/deaths/

I wish I could find the paper that used statistical analysis against the vaccine roll-out, showing how excess deaths plummeted in states with good health systems and high vaccination rates, and how they continued to be high in states with low vaccination rates. If you are interested in reading about it, I would search in more depth for that information.

10. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    True, that. I'm not suggesting that I know the solution to the problem. It's a large problem, and it took 150 years to dig ourselves into this hole, so it would seem quite arrogant for me to suggest that I even begin to know how to get all of humanity to fix this problem at this point.

I'm trying to fly less. Drive less. Eat less. Buy less. Repair instead of replace. Waste less. Garden more. Obvious stuff that I have control over myself. But I don't know how to fix the world.

11. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    True,

I remain eager to hear your planned personal actions regarding Covid moving forward.

You seem to read a lot. (A very good thing). I’d love to know how your conclusions impact your medical behavioral choices.

What is “the science” telling you to do?

I won’t chicken out. The “science” is telling me Covid was a manufactured hysteria and I must turn from the sanctioned mrna shots as best I can. And that remains my intention.

Will you trust yourself?

12. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    w.r.t. COVID, I mostly live my life as I did before COVID at this point. I was exposed to COVID in the last week, and took precautions (testing, masking), but that's to protect people around me. I tested negative. I have yet to catch COVID, somehow, and while I'd like to keep it that way, I know it's just a matter of time until it happens. I'm not worried about that, but I do take some precautions to manage down the risk.

On planes, in buses, on trains and subways, etc., I do wear an N95 mask. (A real one, not KN95.) I know how to fit them correctly, so they do reduce viral loads that I'm exposed to. Funny enough, I haven't had a cold or the flu since COVID started, which is a bonus. But not getting COVID so far is just pure luck; it's a very contagious bugger.

I do know epidemiologists who worked specifically on COVID. It's not that I have any inside information; it's just that I know experts that I can ask questions to when I'm curious about something. There doesn't seem to be any evidence that the COVID virus was man made or man altered, but it's not impossible that it was purposefully altered by man into its current form, and it's not impossible that it was somehow accidentally (or even purposefully) released from a lab. However, there is a big difference between something being "not impossible", and actually having proof of indication that such a thing happened (or is likely to have happened). There is a fair bit of evidence of extremely similar strains in the wild in that region, and this wouldn't be the first such virus to make the jump from animals to man, so the working theory that it was a natural outbreak (if you consider wet markets in China as "natural") seems quite plausible.

At this point, with a regular dose of Bill Gates 5G nanoprobes vaccine, my cell signal is great and supposedly I'm at lower risk from catching COVID, and lower risk of dying from COVID. But it's a herd immunity thing: Where I live, most people are well vaccinated, so we have no outbreaks, and very low death rates from COVID (since the vaccine was introduced).

So for the most part, I'm living my life, and taking reasonable precautions when in enclosed spaces with strangers. No complaints.

13. Fit To Be Tied

Fit To Be Tied Long term member

Retired
    Whidbey Island, Washington
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
  14. Fit To Be Tied

Fit To Be Tied Long term member

Retired
    Whidbey Island, Washington
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
  15. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Thanks for a candid answer. May I ask specifically DID you take ALL available shots and do you intend to continue with that as they release more boosters and poly-valent shots? That wasn’t clear in your answer.

I took none and will take none.

Thanks for the clarification.

16. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    If the government were in charge of the desert soon there’d be a shortage of sand.

17. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    Yes, I'm up to date on my vaccines, including COVID. I have had 5 or 6 COVID vaccine doses at this point. I travel a fair bit, so I do have to get quite a few vaccines that actually suck, but the vaccines are dramatically better than the diseases that they prevent.

It is quite strange to me that people aren't just vaccine hesitant, which is rational (vaccines, like any foreign substances introduced into the body, do have risks), but actually opposed to the use of vaccines, which is insane. But humans are notoriously poor at evaluating risk. I've read a fair bit about life before the smallpox / mmr / polio vaccines, for example, and that sucked.

There is a pretty significant shortage of sand already. And I'm not joking.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  18. Servus

Servus Long term member

Germany
    Local Time:
    Sure you didnt catch corona until now? Since the beginning of the Pandemic it is surely known, that there is an undercoverage of the 4 to 5 fold of the known cases. Reason for this inapparent infection or such mild symptoms nobody even recognized.
    So the possibility you catched up corona and didnt recognize, is higher than the possibility of getting ill.
    There are well done studies from RKI that show this.

The risk of getting ill and getting long covid - i havent heard of deaths due to COVID since months in my hospital. All died with corona infection but due to other underlying illnesses or after surgery - is niw so to say zero!. The risk of getting ill from masks, which only should be worn during work, are higher.
    The particles you breath in and the volatile chemicals inside are hazardous. This is well known. Usually the duration of wearing a FFP2 mask is about 30 minutes. Not hours.

There is questionable code inside the SARS-COV2 genome. This has been proven and there is also literature that exists about this.
    The zoonosis is just a theory. As it is the leak in the wuhan institute of virology (WV).
    The theory of zoonosis says that a possible jump from one species to another species and to humans occured.
    Well could be.
    The propability of this happening is really low. Veryvery low. Which of course doesnt proof, it didnt happen.
    We dont know how this worekd and so doesnt the WHO.

What we know for sure is:
    -the virus genome has structures in it which lead to the conclusion, it could be man made, because the propability of this structure to mutate in free nature is close to zero.
    - it is known that virus material has been found in samples that are sampled much earlier, than the offcial story began.
    - it is known that there has been an incident in september around WV.
    - it is known that scientists from WV who worked in a programme, that did research with a similar structure, that was found in the genome AND Coronaviruses from bats went lost and have never been seen again. Possibly dead.
    - we know that, if there would have happened an lab outbreak somebody (person, company, country) could be made responsible for it.
    - we know that chinese covered something and didnt want to work with WHO together.
    - we know that the internstional answers were almost completely the same.
    Doctors, politiciabs, scientists and who ever spoke against the "official" story of zoonosis has been called a liar and conspiracy theorist. Even since the origin hasnt been proven until now.

The only thing we dont know is if it really has been a zoonosis.

Do you really believe they put nanoparticles inside the vaccine or has this been a joke?

subrick likes this.
  19. Servus

Servus Long term member

Germany
    Local Time:
    In case of the nowadays circulating strands the virus is so nonlethal, that the vaccination is more hazardous than the vaccination.

Omicron has been the end of the pandemic. The CFR is lower than flu now.
    When the wildtype was spread the thing looked different, but the forgit to calculate the undercoverage in their CFRs..

In the case of children your "vaccine is better than virus theory" isnt true. Children didnt show significant dangerous illnesses, but had the full broad occurrance of side effects.

Indont soeak for MMR and so on. These vaccines I see as necessary.

Corona vaccines dont have benefits any more and never had in children.

subrick and Lazlo Toth like this.
  20. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    Of course not!

I've tested every time that I was exposed that I'm aware of, and I've tested after every major public appearance and trip. So, to the best of my knowledge, I've never had it, but since at least half of people who catch it have no symptoms, I do not know that I have never had it.

The death rates are way down at this point. Last I saw, we were losing just over 1k Americans to COVID each week at this point, which is slightly more than deaths by gun, and slightly less than death by opioids.

This is a ridiculous assertion.

This is also a ridiculous assertion. Words like "proven" are well understood in our language, and you are abusing them. Please don't do that.

And in an age where anyone can publish anything, saying "literature" means, unfortunately, nothing.

There are a lot of people online saying a lot of crazy things. As Abraham Lincoln once said, "Don't believe every quote attributed to me on the Internet."

I was joking. Sorry if that was not obvious.

The virus is still lethal (on track to kill around 55,000 Americans in 2023), but most of the population has been vaccinated and/or already had an infection, so there is a relatively lower chance that people catching COVID will die from it at this point. Our knowledge of how to treat it has also improved, and various new drugs are also available now that can deal with some of the worst symptoms.

It's a disease that we can deal with, if enough of us behave in a rational manner.

21. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    Do you still wear 2 masks?

22. Servus

Servus Long term member

Germany
    Local Time:
    No it is not. There do exist rules for how long to wear a mask during work. The duration is not as long as you might think.
    In germany we have relatively strict rules for workers protection - dont know how it is where you are from.

The reason of this is to keep hazards to a minimum if they arent avoidable.
    These masks contain volatile substances, that get into the air. There is a maximum dose of chemicals allowed in your working place. In germany we call it MAK (maximale Arbeitsplatzkonzentration) You inhale them all day long. All those volatile chemicals are cancerogenous and provoke inflammations. They are skin irritating and so on. Hazardous = fact. In longterm and form. Of allergic reactions and irritation of the skin also very shortterm.

Then they are also loosing fibres which are inhaled. Inhaling fibres is usually not good. Especially not if they are out of plastic.

If you believe that inhaling Fibres and VOCs, Keep on inhaling those poisons.

( this is the nr 2 reason I dont buy cars younger than 3 years = they kill you)

You can easily access public sites like pubmed and so on, where you can search topics and read the primary literature. Or go onto the homepage of your governmental health association. There usually are links to the quoted literature. I did this and found many interesting things about the virus.

You could for example look for WIV1, Sticky ends, restriction enzymes. Or so.

The code I mentioned above leads to the conclusion, that this virus is man made.

Read about the replication yourself. It takes too long. Shirt: the code is too long cant be put together easily. So it needs adaptionsites. These occur in a certain pattern and are not seen in natural viruses in this form.

The question in case of covid has been and still is, if the people really died of corona virus (covid) and its possibly really bad inpacts on tissue. Or if they just were counted as covid deaths, but only had a coronavirusinfection with another underlying condition.
    Adipositas is really wide spread in US. But to be fair there exost several genetic disabilities that are responsible for severe COVID cases. The not so vulnerable person only gets a cold. (Now)

You seem to be informed half ways, so I guess you know that coronaviruses are existing since at least several hundred years in the human virus pools.
    The thing is, that you dont see what you arent searching for. The cirus doesn t come and say:" Good evening mister true42. Excuse me coukd you please scan me?"

There are existing several human coronaviruses (hCOV)s, two SARS viruses and the MERS virus ( including all its mutations). Known!

In case of the hCOVs ( if I remember right they also should be SARBECO-Viruses, but dont nail me if one of them is a alfacoronavirus. They are responsible for most of the flulike infections worldwide.

You can find really much information about these viruses ( since the 2000s) before 2000 hasnt been too much research even since they already existed.

If you take hcov OC43 for example it is responsible for the most of these flus. The immunity against it, like the other coronaviruses) is low, thats the reason why you can always reinfect with them.

OC43 is responsible for manymany deaths each year amongst elderly people, small children, people with underlying conditions like heart deseases, cancer, immunesuppression and so on. (sounds familiar to me)
    It is expected, that there was a big pandemia in the late 19th century from hcovOC43.
    Could be, but nobody can clearly tell if this is real or just a story.

What a polnish scientific team found out was, that there were two strands of these hCOVs that devided about 1000 years ago. (If it interest you I can search for the papers.) So these viruses ALWAYS were in our companion. And surely killed people.

Some years ago. Not sure when maybe 2012 or so there were chines guano collectors which infected with a coronavirus in a batcave. But there hasnt been any wider transmission or spread been recorded. This virus did similar things to lung tissue and so on and has been reserached, conservvated and manipukated with gain of function stiff in the many hundreds of kilometers distant laboratory of WUhan institute of virology.

But for your reassurance you have to know that a killervirus wouldnt have a good chance to kill too many people.
    Look at ebola or similar severe killerviruses. They are so evil they cant really spread, because the people get too ill too soon. If they spread or if MERS would spread we would have a problem.

In all cases of flus the viruses are good strateges. The dont kill too fast and too many peope. They easily transmit and are causing a not so long immunity. Influenca on the other hand induces an immunity of around ten years. Every parasite wants to achieve this. Only a bad parasite kills its host.

Corona, and also hCovOC43 achieved this now. It is a common virologically known evolution. They transmit fast, broad and easily, but dont kill or damage their hosts too much.
    Good parasites so to say.

Now go and check your facts.

23. Servus

Servus Long term member

Germany
    Local Time:
    Lol. Maybe he sprays them with desinfectant to be 100 % sure.

Fit To Be Tied likes this.
  24. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Obviously I disagree with True.

What I find stunning is how he and I can have such perfectly diverging opinions.

One would think at least one of us could “see” the other side. We both can’t be right.

I will leave him with a fact: The BEST filter that mankind can produce is good for about 20 microns. (And this in perfect laboratory settings). Viruses are about 5 microns in size.

You cannot under any circumstances filter air for a virus. Period.

You can sterilize the air. But you cannot filter it sufficiently.

Please don’t be fooled.

25. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Here is True with his N95 mask:

upload_2023-5-13_14-53-47.jpeg

Fit To Be Tied likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice