Women’s rights today

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by KrisHawk, Aug 21, 2018.

1. KrisHawk

KrisHawk Skater

Not allowed to disclose that due to Site rules.
    Chicago
    Local Time:
    8:09 PM
    This has been a big political issue but am I one of the only few that women are still not equal in the US?

My hubby is republican so we disagree a lot. But I’ve noticed if there is ever a promotion a man is more likely to get it.

We have a man thinking it’s ok to grab women by their genitals without asking.

Women are losing reproductive rights quickly overnight as women down south have to drive for HOURS for a procedure. Back alley abortions are on the rise for the first time since the late 60s.

What do you all think? Ladies?

2. tiemeupalso

tiemeupalso Long term member

texas
    Local Time:
    if you don't want to get pregnant,dont fuck.
    don't forget that baby is also part of the father,but the women don't want to claim it is their health,not the bebys that is at risk with an abortion.

3. KrisHawk

KrisHawk Skater

Chicago
    Local Time:
    Texas is the worst of the bunch for states where women are having back alley abortions or having to drive to other states. Due to the fact that you are from Texas I don’t mean to sound rude but your opinion is going to be biased. Honestly you are a man not a woman so I don’t think you really have a right to tell a woman what she can’t do.

It’s not as simple as don’t fuck. And that comment is kind of offensive towards women, assuming they are sluts. Women who seek to have an abortion don’t just come up with the idea overnight it’s a very difficult decision. They get put in hard predicaments that neither of us can understand unless we are in their shoes. Kind of like criticizing medical patients for taking opioid pain medicine when you’re not the one in pain.

Pregnant women Don’t just call up there female friend one night and say “hey girl what are you up to tonight? Let’s do something crazy. Ya thinking what I’m thinking girl?” Women get raped and when pressures to keep it some situations have left girls with psychological traums. Sometimes women get abortions because they are leaving an abusive relationship and feel the child won’t have their father and the mother will not be able to mentally and or financially support the child. Caring the child may bring severe depression.

Be honest I wish my mother had an abortion with me because I have manic depression. He cried every day during her pregnancy because my dad was cheating on her with guys and when she said she was pregnant with me he left her and Robbed her. She cried everyday of her pregnancy.

In Conclusion this just wasn’t all about abortion. This is how women are disrespected and treated overall as a whole.

Either way once upon a time I actually got a girl pregnant because I was trying to be something I wasn’t but anyway I cried and wanted her to keep the child. I would raise it on my own but she had the abortion due to emotional stress and her drug usage. Though I am upset, I know that I am a man and I have no decision based on a woman’s body what she can and can’t do with it.

Fact that men still think they have a say-so and restricting their life choices shows how sexist men still are today. Women don’t need men to make decisions for them. Ahem.

4. tegelad

tegelad Class and sophistication in all things

High Tech Internet Architect
    Texas
    Local Time:
    The answer is ... it depends, but on the net-net if you average all areas in the US geographically I would say that is a safe assumption. However, there are cases where men are screwed over 100%. My favorite example is the selective service. Did you know it is a felony not to register, and if the president with a stroke of a pen turns it into a draft due to some issue, you can have boys right out of high school that go straight into the military and with stop loss orders never leave. That is one example.

Other areas can be say "nursing" or "teaching" or "child custody rights". They are getting better, but if a man doesn't contest a child and the woman put's his name on the birth certificate even if it isn't his .... he is stuck for life.

That obviously pales in comparisons to a lot of other issues women have, but if equality happens across the board I see it actually swinging further where men have issues. The problem is it sounds delicious in fantasy land, but the reality is men have shown the tendency to get really violent really fast -or- check out to the point where society collapses since it takes both men and women to make a society great.

KrisHawk likes this.
  5. KrisHawk

KrisHawk Skater

Chicago
    Local Time:
    That’s true men are sometimes caught in the crossfire of certain things I don’t deny that. I think the draft is stupid. Now that don’t ask don’t tell is void, I’m susceptible to a draft now too. I have severe anxiety attacks and could t handle it. Wouldn’t women get drafted too? If it’s only men then that IS reverse sexism!!

I just feel concerned knowing that women don’t get equal income across the nation. Men overall make more.

6. jb123

jb123 Long term member

Analyst
    USA
    Local Time:
    9:09 PM

Are you aware that 90% of work place deaths happen to men?

7. jb123

jb123 Long term member

Analyst
    USA
    Local Time:
    Also, the wage gap when factoring in education, experience, and hours worked shrinks to about 98% of what a man earns.

the 77 cents line is a complete fabrication.

8. KrisHawk

KrisHawk Skater

Chicago
    Local Time:
    That’s because men usually are the ones doing dangerous jobs like construction work. Although I’ve noticed slowly over time more women are becoming construction workers. That number you gave will change eventually as society is slowly changing. Men having a higher death rate is because of the stereotypical jobs once thought as a “man only job.” That’s not reverse discrimination. It’s changing though, and I wouldn’t be surprised if that number you gave isnt up to date.

9. KrisHawk

KrisHawk Skater

Chicago
    Local Time:
    Yeah Sean hannity is famous spewing what is meant by women not making the same as men. The main point is women are less likely to be promoted, and that’s a serious problem. The ones who talk about fabrication never seem to wrap their heads that women do have it harder then men. I refuse to watch him or anyone on that network. When My partner has it on I walk out of the room.

10. jb123

jb123 Long term member

Analyst
    USA
    Local Time:
    That number was published by Boston University Professor and National Woman's Political Caucus award winner and Feminist activist Christina Hoff Summers.

11. jb123

jb123 Long term member

Analyst
    USA
    Local Time:
    "Man only Jobs"

You mean "Female Privilege?"

12. KrisHawk

KrisHawk Skater

Chicago
    Local Time:
    Females had privilege because men told women for generations to stay home or only work small jobs. That’s a fact. Women are realizing over time that those privledges are actually imprisoning them. That’s good. Women are proving They can do anything a man can do. There are still some hurtles but we’ve come along way like with anti Semitisim, homophobia and racism.

13. jb123

jb123 Long term member

Analyst
    USA
    Local Time:
    True, but when I hear women only make 77 cents for what a man makes. I Pause because that is a flat out lie.

14. KrisHawk

KrisHawk Skater

Chicago
    Local Time:
    That’s because the other side of the media doesn’t know what they’re talking about either. An Informed will know what is meant by women not being treated equally in the workplace. A lot of the media recite what they are told to say. I don’t always trust these “numbers” for certain things. I can understand your frustration because of the “77 cents” statement.

15. jb123

jb123 Long term member

Analyst
    USA
    Local Time:
    Or 1 in 4 women will be raped.

That is also a lie.

16. jb123

jb123 Long term member

Analyst
    USA
    Local Time:
    Oh and here's a doozie

250 million straws get thrown away daily.

That research came from a nine year old. I'm not kidding.

And we question how Trump became President.

17. KrisHawk

KrisHawk Skater

Chicago
    Local Time:
    My partner is republican and voted for Trump. If I have nothing nice to say I won’t say very much or call names. I refuse to.. would make me a hypocrite when it pissed me off people doing it to our last president.

I question that number too I agree with you. I was raped as a kid and I’m starting to wonder if that was true BACK THEN. The reason I don’t think it’s accurate anymore because the amount of male rape victims is going up due to (my guess) people being more free about their sexuality and acting on it even if it hurts another. Rapists are now turning to more males instead of women, which Lowers that “25% of all women.” It’s going down.

I think eventually it’s going to be near equal when people say most rape victims are female. THAT pisses me off cuz I was a victim myself. Guys are just less likely to report it because people will think they are gay. Men have been raped by women as well. YES IT HAPPENS

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice