Various thoughts and issues with cages

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by nomel, Dec 3, 2020.

Random Thread
  1. nomel

nomel New member

Local Time:
    8:53 PM
    Hello this is kind of a long post but I wanted to discuss some issues I've been having with the cages that I've tried over the last couple of months. Some of the issues I've experienced seem common while others don't seem to be discussed often. I am hoping people could share their insights with me on how they dealt with some of them.

Base rings: Ergonomic base rings such as the holy trainer's seem to sit with large gaps between my body and much of the ring. Is this a common issue? Every base ring I've tried allows the tissue behind the base ring to become engorged when I try to get erect, except for the double base ring on my off-brand custom chastity saint, but only when I tie the device around my waist. All the devices that I have worn will pull away from my body when I try to become erect and benefit from securing around my waist with a string. On the non-custom devices that I own, smaller base rings simply sit further from my body when I am flaccid and cut off blood circulation to my balls so I end up using around a 47mm ring which is much larger than the "one finger gap" that mature metal recommends for their sizing. Can a cage with a single narrow base ring fully constrain an erection? Should I keep trying to go for smaller base rings if I can ensure the ball gap is sufficient?

Pain: After about 20 days in a holy trainer v2 I started to get a sharp pain in my body in my taint area so I took the cage off. Has anyone else experienced this? I suspect it has to do with the cage allowing blood pressure to build up behind the base ring when I try to get erect, and how I tied the cage around my waist to prevent it from pulling away from my body.

Urethral inserts: I tried a couple of these that came with Chinese devices and i found them to be extremely painful. Insertion, moving around and trying to get erect all caused me great pain, and when I tried to pee through the tube, the urine flow caused too much pressure to build up behind the insert and cut the inside of my urethra. Is this a common experience? Why do some people report wearing these types of devices without much discomfort? Is there anything I can do to wear these comfortably?

Glans: The tip of my penis loves to poke out through the tip of any chastity device that I wear. Even in devices with small openings meant for urethral devices to be screwed in, the tip of my penis will squeeze out and swell with blood if I get excited. On cages with larger openings such as CB6000S or holy trainer, the end of my penis will start to swell up like a balloon even during anal stimulation and start to turn red. This can make urination painful and or messy, and makes cumming in chastity kind of scary as the swelling pinches off the opening so nothing can come out. I am considering trying a custom cherry keeper with the crosshatch tip to prevent this. Has anyone experienced this? I feel like I'm the only one.

Chafing: The skin around the bottom of my base ring is always red even though I am applying oil or aquaphor to the area. My current cage has a hinge there which is covered by a rubber tube which I think may contribute to the chafing because the rubber seems to stick to the skin. Do you have tips on materials or techniques to prevent chafing?

Sorry for the long post. I hope it is mostly intelligible. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Danny15 likes this.
  2. Danny15

Danny15 Long term member

london
    Local Time:
    4:53 AM
    I would think pretty much everyone on here has had those problems. 20 years ago when I got my first device I couldn't wear it for more than a day or two. Night time erections were a real problem. I tried silicone, resin & plastic before I tried steel . The clear plastic ones look good , there is something really nice about seeing yourself locked in a clear tube but they get a bit smelly very quickly.

I think ageing has made the difference for me , now I'm 50 and the erections are not quite as strong as they once were , I find it much more comfortable. That coupled with trying smaller cages that don't permit erection . My main problem now is the small cages prevent erection in the cage but pull the whole device down the shaft leaving it hanging halfway down . I'm looking into bespoke options to finally get the best fit possible. Cheap off the peg devices are ok for some and ok for short lock ups . I've been in cheap eBay cages most of the last year but they are generally poor quality and have to be removed occasionally due to pinching and rubbing. Now I know I can wear one 24/7 for a couple of months I way to take the plunge and get a good one .

good luck

3. OntMark

OntMark Active member

Local Time:
    11:53 PM
    Getting a properly fitting base ring is a big deal, we have a box of various rings and other things attempting to find the one that worked the best. As for the urethral insert, I think it really depends on if you have played in that area before, my Wife has used urethral sounds on me for years and I can take quite a thick one in my urethra these days, so the larger gauge inserts go in just fine. I think if you have never played in that areas before then they will all seem HUGE and probably should be used.

4. Crowned

Crowned Active member

Local Time:
    8:53 PM
    Once we went with Mature Metal, we never looked back.

5. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    4:53 AM
    Everyone is different, you could take a look through the device section and see what people have said about other devices, I tried many devices over the years, but always ended up back in the classic (now discontinued) cb2000! It just suited the shape of my penis, until I had my custom made iron maiden. good luck on your search.

6. Guest 8927

Guest 8927 Long term member

Local Time:
    9:53 PM
    Mine does pull away when I get a solid erection and I think that's common. I don't really try to "not" have them so much as I try to get them to go down naturally.

The hinge is such a pain. I have an old one that is hinged and only use it for shorter termed play because it is tortuous at times and the ring is quite tight. I think some amount of chafing is normal and I know not everyone here likes it, but I find vaseline petroleum jelly helps for me.

I don't use a tube at all and never have.

I haven't really encountered the glans issue, but do tend to take off the device for orgasm-ey stuff at this point. Full disclosure, I have never orgasmed from anal at this point, and have only been able to through the device once, but have played with various levels of chastity for quite awhile.

I do occasionally feel an odd pinch underneath as you have described. I assume it's due to occasional strain on blood flow, and the fact that while caged I am usually a bit turned on, even if just in my head.

Welcome, btw!

M.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice