Turn the points off ?

Discussion in 'Site announcements and information' started by sissymaid_emily, Sep 27, 2012.

?

Turn the points system off

1. Yes turn it off

80.0%
  2. No leave it on

20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sissymaid_emily

sissymaid_emily sissy maid emily or just sissy, or maid

IT support
    Manchester
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    2:52 PM
    Lets have a poll and see whether the community thinks these silly points are worth losing a valuable member for.

2. brendajjq

brendajjq Long term member

Local Time:
    9:52 AM
    I am not saying that my opinion must be shared by everyone. If others like the Trophy Points, fine. I just wanted to opt out. I will not compete with other posters for points or for trophies. I have too much respect for all the good people who post here. In the end, it's up to the administrators. But I want no part of it.

3. bondagefan65

bondagefan65 Long term member

Fife
    Local Time:
    I will abstain from voting I think. It's the member who has made the choice to leave Emily. There is always a choice and there are always more choices, there were plenty of other choices besides like the trophy points system or leave. Without meaning any disrespect to anyone, if someone wants to leave because of a points system that no one really seems to pay any attention too as opposed to just ignore it and remain a respected and valued member of a community then that's their decision and more a reflection on how they interpret the points system than what the points system is actually there for or what it means.

I am going to be very controversial here, so apologise in advance if I offend anyone but, I think what seems to be going on is far more likely to cause more disruption than the trophy points ever could. I can appreciate that brendajjq doesn't like the trophy points system because in her view it introduces competition and would give some members the impression that someone is "better" than someone else. If the admin take off the trophy points just to stop her from leaving, then in 3 weeks time another valued member wants to leave because of a new site feature and it isn't removed it would definitely make this person feel less than brendajjq, which I think is her objection to the trophy points in the first place. I think leaving is the wrong decision if she values her friendships here and the site in general, sticking to your principals is a good thing, cutting off your nose to spite your face isn't and to be honest that's how it looks to me.

Controversy over, and once again apologise if I offended anyone.

4. brendajjq

Local Time:
    No offense taken by me, bondagefan. I respect the free expression of differing views.

sissymaid_emily likes this.
  5. simpletwistfate

simpletwistfate Under Consideration by Mistress Magick

Local Time:
    If people don't care about the points then there isn't a competition to worry about, even if we can see people accumulating points. I understand people see this as a potential issue but it's not really an issue at all so far, just something kind of pointless (forgive the pun).

6. sissymaid_emily

sissymaid_emily sissy maid emily or just sissy, or maid

IT support
    Manchester
    Home Page:
    Local Time:

I can see your point bondagefan and must confess to having a partisan interest
    emily

7. bondagefan65

Fife
    Local Time:
    Thank you Brenda. Then just stay and ignore the points, everyone else is :). You don't have to change your values or principals, all you have to do is remain true to yourself and just ignore the trophy points system as you would with anyone or anything else you didn't like. Please ask yourself one question Brenda, is not liking the trophy point system worth leaving a forum and people you care about for? If the answer is yes then take care and best wishes for your future, if the answer is no, then hi, I'm bondagefan65

8. brendajjq

Local Time:
    Again, I appreciate your views, bondagefan.

It is because I care about the people here that I can't be part of this system. I never wanted to ban the system for everyone. I just wanted to opt out.

Best wishes for your future too. And that is from my heart.

9. bondagefan65

Fife
    Local Time:
    Thank you Brenda. Although, from the posts I have read, your leaving will have a far more devastating ( not sure that's the right word but its late and I'm sure you know what I mean ) effect on the people you care about than the trophy system itself ever will.

10. Mistress Michelle

Mistress Michelle Magical Mistress

Local Time:
    This crap with the trophy points is getting OLD
    They cannot be removed, they are part of the program. If you do not like them then ignore them or leave, its THAT simple.
    I dont know how the Admin puts up with this whiney BS
    It was asked to be removed, the question was answered THE END!

It is becoming apparent that some people, namely 2, and you know who you are, are only seeking attention and is clear from the number of posts about stupid trophy points

Admin said they cannot be removed...The End
    So, lets take a vote on how many people that feed into this crap cannot READ!

splint_n_strap likes this.
  11. Lady Germaine

Lady Germaine Active member

Southcentral Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice