Tube a little bit large

Discussion in 'HolyTrainer' started by hrnyswtch93, Dec 7, 2018.

1. hrnyswtch93

hrnyswtch93 New member

Local Time:
    9:09 AM
    So I recently bought a plastic holy trainer to replace my CPA231-1 (lost it while moving) and quite enjoy it. The only problem is that I got the measurement for the tube wrong and it's a few centimeters longer than I thought it would be. Will boiling the tube in hot water really cause it to shrink for a tighter fit? I want to do a long term lockup again and having a cage that doesn't fit all the way can make it smell terrible I hear.

2. JosieLynn Jewell

JosieLynn Jewell Long term member

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    10:09 AM
    boiling it will not shorten the tube. They come in different sizes - you'll probably want a short, nano or even nub (depending on your measurements). The smell issue is not limited to just tubes that are too long, it stems from the entire area being fully enclosed - having urine build up does make it worse though. If you are serious about a longer term lockup, you'll want to look for a more open design.

hrnyswtch93 likes this.
  3. hrnyswtch93

hrnyswtch93 New member

Local Time:
    9:09 AM
    I'm ordering a short tube I think. I checked out the dimensions for the nano and it would be a little too tight.

Thank you for the input.

MadameJs_boo likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice