Trying again...

Discussion in 'Behind Barz' started by Rob30, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Rob30

Rob30 Member

Local Time:
    2:04 AM
    So, trying the BB after a long time.

My main issues were always comfort and discretion (the paranoia of the waistband showing).

But a small readjustment daily I think I’ve got a position that is actually working quite well. Not paranoid because it’s low and tight enough that I don’t think it will ride up, and the rod (which I had shortened but I though maybe too short) is actually quite comfortable this time (not sure what I did this time but it used to dig in at the bottom, feels a little looser and further turned slightly so there is much less pressure now).

The only two remaining slight snags that maybe other BB owners may be able to offer advice on:-

The screws at the back of the waistband sometimes digs in. Feel fine sometimes but other times I’m finding myself applying pressure at the front to relieve pressure on the back a bit. Is that normal? Are there any pro-tips or workarounds that current wearers might use to stop that discomfort (moisturise the area, wrap fabric around that area, accept I’ll need to loosen the belt a bit? It’s tight to the level I absolutely cannot slide it down at all, bending or sitting can sometimes dig in but not crazy painful or anything... I guess I could go down one level but conscious I need to give myself a fighting chance to get used to things and not buckle at the first hurdle).

The other small snag is the chaffing between the thighs (using the BBCS). Not sure there is much that can be done about that; I’m more worried that I’ll subconsciously walk funny to avoid the chafing or something. I have read on a few posts that the Hannibal cage can help with that (as well as reduce the profile) so it’s something I’m seriously considering.

In any event it would nice to be acquainted with other BB wearers on here!

2. MissyB

MissyB Long term member

maid, (I wish)
    Tennessee hills
    Local Time:
    9:04 PM
    Good luck with this attempt, it sounds like you really want it to happen.

3. Rob30

Rob30 Member

Local Time:
    Thanks Missy! yep I really do. At the moment the plan is to persevere as much as possible and make adjustments as required (ie. I think I’ll need to loosen by one notch tonight), then in the end if i can take notes of what I can’t quite make right (eg. Thigh chaffing) - then for those hopefully folk here (or/and maybe I can reach out to BB directly) for guidance.

4. petem2712

petem2712 New member

Local Time:
    Hi. I have a BBCS belt too.

I think Joe has supplied a number of different types of bolt for the rear adjustment section. The fixings are a standard M4 thread. My belt was supplied with socket-head stainless steel flanged button-head bolts, fitted with the hex head to the inside. These bolts look a like a shallow round-headed bolt with a buit-in washer and a hexagonal hole in the middle for an allen key . These bolts have a low profile and smooth edges and don't cause me problems, but I appreciate everyone is different.

I have also had problems with the base of the cage being too wide for me, causing chafing. My fix was to put the lower end of the cage in a bench vice and bend the sides together a bit. The metal used is very hard and will need to be over-bent because it spings back a lot - just try it in small amounts until you get the fit that you need. The metal used tolerates bending without any sign of cracking or fracture (probably why Joe chose to use it in the first place). Another user on another forum made similar adjustments with a large hammer.

Rob30 likes this.
  5. Rob30

Rob30 Member

Local Time:
    Thanks Patem for the suggestions. I've switched now to the 'without the rod' configuration, and this seems to be more comfortable with the chafing since this config rides a bit higher.

I've seen on this form the the Hanibal range doesn't chafe as much (not sure why, maybe it's not as wide?) and also that this cage is harder to pull away from the body (again, now sure how) - so am considering that as an additional purchase option (I'm not a good DIY sort at all ;)).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice